Speculation (and a look at my own), on relationship points.

Realhi87

Hello all,

So being the raging perfectionist that I am, when I saw Pokemon Reborn recently by chance, and saw the extremely impressive amount of work put into it, as well as the mood being quite far removed from most Pokemon fan games, I was immediately taken in by the unique atmosphere it set. Not to mention, of course, the copious amounts of side quests, and hidden details. It was great fun, and I just today got to the end of episode 18. But, as I mentioned previously, when I saw that there were "hidden variables, i:e ways that character relationships could be altered based on story decisions, I had to ensure that I got the "most optimal" path. (Spoilers. This did not happen.) I only really saw one other thread on here mentioning them, so I figured, why not? It might be fun to compare vs other people's chosen routes. (Furthermore, I didn't realize they were a thing even until the 3rd or 4th badge perhaps. Around when Lapis opens.) Spoilers, obviously for those who aren't up to Ep 18 yet.

Spoiler

Adrienn: 2

Slightly surprising, but it does make sense I suppose. I didn't side with El during the Dittoceus debacle, and furthermore, fought when Arc asked me to. I think my retrieval of all 15 volunteers made them pretty damn chipper, as they seemed all gung ho when fighting me. 

Amaria: -4

Yeah, that checks. Didn't tell her about the diary, and she tried to fucking drown me. Surprised it isn't lower tbh. Plus I didn't fight Taka, so Reshiram route and all.

Anna: 4

Impossible not to like. Clearly has some mad ESP nonsense where she can see people's emotional scars, I can only assume. And, we apparently glow, so it checks that she'd like us. (A note, she and Noel were kidnapped from the Manse. Don't know what that changes.)

Arc: 5

Damn. Not entirely surprising, but it still seems high, Idk. I did rescue all the pokemon on 7th, plus returned them to their owners. I guess he likes altruists?

Aya: 3

Hmm. Interesting. I've not got much to go off of with her, but she seemed peeved when I beat her at her gym, yet seemed pretty chill when we fought together. I wonder if the trippy black void realm might have altered it. (Seeing as we got some insight into her and Cain.)

Bennett: -2

Yeah fuck this guy. I don't think I need to explain this. Told him to pound sand when he asked me to leave so he could talk to Luna, and swept his team with my Delphox. Felt good.

Blake: 1

Gave him the Ruby Ring when he asked. Didn't want to risk Heather being possibly injured. Side note, I limited myself to only knowing that choices were coming, not what they led to. So I had no idea that the outcome made no difference in the end. (Other than fighting Aster later instead, and Ciel's eventual foray into the void.)

Cain: 8

Love this guy. I don't swing that way, but damn Cain, you do you man, kill it. This guy was constantly on your side, and was always trying to help out the kids. Quite upsetting when he didn't make it out. Hope he's okay.

Cal: 1

I don't think he liked me giving the Ring to Blake. Which is totally fair. But dude, let's be real. I kicked Solaris's Garchomp's teeth in, that's the only reason he isn't negative.

Charlotte: 6

She's a funny one. I get the distinct feeling, that once she realized that we, quite literally, just obliterate anything that gets in our way (hence the whole "wrecking ball" thing), she just came to really enjoy watching that. Plus, she and Saphira both are pretty metal. (She also saved Shelly, so she will forever be in my good books.)

Ciel: 2

Not much to say here. Didn't interact all that much. She seemed impressed at our victory against her, and then promptly got tossed into the void. Unfortunate. She seemed like a fun character.

Elias: 0

Surprised this isn't negative, I'll be honest. I practically went against him at every turn. Hmm. Also, he seems like a bit of a tool. I can see him getting offed by Lin at some point though. Just a hunch.

Eve: 3

Haven't had much time to interact with them yet, but I'm assuming that playing a part in their dispersal from ZEL helped matters. Plus, their adorable Espeon. 

Fern: 0

Fuck this guy too. Surprised it isn't negative. I don't think I need to explain. I mean, sure the void trip "revealed" that he was insecure, like that wan't obvious enough. But bruh. When I kick your ass three weeks into next Sunday, don't pretend like I didn't just crush you. I get my ass kicked enough in this game, I don't need my rare total dominations to be undermined.

Florina: 2

And the sister. I mean, nothing against her, I'm quite fond of her. Plus, judging by Taka's dialogue in the desert, it sounds like she whipped some sense into Fern. (I assume that's what he was implying. MIGHT have been Aster he was referring to.) Didn't interact much, though we did defend the manse together, before she got injured.

Gardevoir: 3

Sided with Radomus so, I can assume that means she immediately likes us. Sad that she went totally berserk though. I'm hoping we can free her from Lin, one way or another.

Hardy: 6

I'm thinking it's pretty hard to get this dude to dislike you. Which is fine, he's a nice guy. sort of that atypical "rush in headlong, get bit, and win anyways" types, but hey. He seems like a genuinely good guy. I'd hang with Hardy.

Heather: 3

Considering she spent a good half the game mute, kidnapped, and or off on her Salamance, I didn't get much interaction time. I did out her dad's involvement with Meteor though. She's fine. I've no strong feelings towards her. She absolutely did not deserve Sigmund's bullshittery however, so I fought him to rescue her at the orphanage. I assume that likely affected this number.

Julia: 2

Like... she's fine? I bit too "aghhhhhh" for my tastes, but she also fucking punched through a solid wall of ice, tossed Blake over a railing, and helped me kick the shit out of Solaris and his lackey. So I like her a fair bit more than I did at first. Shame you barely interact with her beyond that. 

Laura: 1

You know, it's weird. Of the 3 sisters, you'd figure Laura would be the... oh I wouldn't say "smart one", but maybe... "less prone to moments of stupidity?". Oh how wrong I was. After Bennett's scheme caused nearly EIGHT DEATHS, INCLUDING HERS, AND VERY LIKELY KILLED AT LEAST THREE OF THOSE EIGHT, she decides, "Oh hey man, you seem like you need help." Like, the fuck? Laura no. No he is extremely stupid. Do not help him.

Granted, it's probably good that she's hunting down Zero, but still. Yikes.

Lumi: 3

Same deal with Eve really. Substitute Espeon for Glaceon. Adorable little things. (I, of course, pet them both. I'm not a monster.)

Luna: 4

She seemed pretty happy I helped her "dad" out. Plus I told Bennett to fuck off, so she probably appreciated that. Hopefully we can get her out, along with Cain. I'd like her to meet the rest of her adoptive family.

Noel: 4

Oh, poor boy. I feel like he's going to do something rash come next episode. It's quite telling that, the simple fact that we, the player, checking on him consistently, gives us points? Poor kid is attention starved, and likely feels massively inadequate compared to Anna, despite caring about her. (The medicine). Hopefully we can help with that.

Radomus: 3

Mhmm. Yep that sure is a number. Yeah, I mean, it makes sense. I sided with him vs Elias, plus he seems to be firmly against Meteor, so yeah. He's a pretty odd guy, but his intentions do seem good. I only hope he tries to reconcile with Noel a bit. 

Samson: 3

Same deal with Ciel. Seems fine. Haven't had much time to interact yet. He's right proper pissed about Ciel though. Hopefully we can help the big guy kick Lin's ass. (Although not sure how much use he'd be, since Lin just seems to be fucking invincible. Who gets punched by this guy, and doesn't even flinch?!.)

Saphira: 5

Sort of the same boat with Charlotte. I feel like when she saw how much ass we kicked, she kinda just was content to let us do our thing, while she kicked more ass elsewhere. Plus, she and Charlotte have seemingly similar reactions to things, so it's no surprise their points are similar. All around badass. Quite fond of her.

Serra: 4

Surprised it's this high, tbh. We only ever really interact in her gym. I mean, she seems decent enough. Plus she (tries) to fight us, alongside Luna and Radomus, which I have mad respect for, considering the carnage I swept across her team. So many damn reflected beams... (I also dig her hair.)

Shelly: 7

She's the best. Would die for many times over. She name's all her pokemon after her friends, it's ADORABLE. When I saw that she had the Yanmega named Heather, I was literally so happy, it just works for her character. And of course, over time she gets her Anna and Noel (both butterflies), her Cain (Poison, speed boost, disgustingly good) , her Cal (Volcarona how fitting), and then she names us after her Leavanny. You know. The pokemon that sews clothing for baby Wurmples. I love it. It's wonderful. She's much fun.

Sigmund: -2

This man has the fucking AUDACITY to use Colress's theme. YOU WOULD DARE? Yeah, another one that I feel needs no explanation. He's slimy. He's sadistic. And, fate willing, the next time he's confronted, he gets a swift kick in the teeth by Heather.

Taka: 7

Ah... Taka. The Reshiram route did you dirty my friend. Honestly, I didn't think much of Taka, up until the desert segment. Maybe this was just me, but I spent HOURS with this guy, just traipsing through this god damn desert. And he bloody well stuck with it. We even scaled that whole damn mirage tower, and he let me take the Honedge. I had a feeling, when he was nervous about Lin following us, that he was soon to be fucked, but I was not expecting the entire set of events that led up to his death. I mean, Shade doesn't show him dying from what I remember, so it caught me off guard. It's a shame. I was really starting to like the guy. I would have liked to at least take his Chatot with me. It did save me from that cage way back in the early game.

Terra: 4

Ugh. Can I like... not? I don't even know why it's as high as it is, I did not like this woman. Blegh.

Titania: 5

Yeah, that kinda checks. She was hella hostile at first, but I feel like we sort of inadvertently helped her out of an absolutely TERRIBLE situation. So she has, at least, a deal of respect for us. Not to mention that we, again, kick all kinds of ass, which it seems like she'd appreciate that. She also saved me from being FUCKING DROWNED by Amaria. So she has big props in my book. I hope nothing comes of Lin spreading doubt in her mind of us "working together", because that's stupid af, considering we have single handedly, made every single damn Meteor member aside from Lin herself into our bitch. I'll take this moment to mention how hilarious it is that the Meteor team members become increasingly despairing each time we show up. It's great. 

Victoria:9

Hooooof, that's a doozy. Being the highest rated amongst all others. I quite like Victoria. I'm genuinely quite surprised that it's this high, but it sort of checks. We have been, on about 99% of things, on the same side. (She didn't want us fighting Shelly or Kiki, but she sort of folded on that both times pretty quick.) I don't know, she's hard to place. I definitely hold no ill will towards her. Just... surprised it's so high, once more. Plus she is sort of working as our intelligence and recon at Grand Hall now, so that's also cool.

Well, that's that. My thoughts, plus some rambling on the characters, points, etc. I'm genuinely quite curious as to how other people have differed from me. Let me know what I may have missed here.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Realhi87 said:

Hello all,

So being the raging perfectionist that I am, when I saw Pokemon Reborn recently by chance, and saw the extremely impressive amount of work put into it, as well as the mood being quite far removed from most Pokemon fan games, I was immediately taken in by the unique atmosphere it set. Not to mention, of course, the copious amounts of side quests, and hidden details. It was great fun, and I just today got to the end of episode 18. But, as I mentioned previously, when I saw that there were "hidden variables, i:e ways that character relationships could be altered based on story decisions, I had to ensure that I got the "most optimal" path. (Spoilers. This did not happen.) I only really saw one other thread on here mentioning them, so I figured, why not? It might be fun to compare vs other people's chosen routes. (Furthermore, I didn't realize they were a thing even until the 3rd or 4th badge perhaps. Around when Lapis opens.) Spoilers, obviously for those who aren't up to Ep 18 yet.

Hide contents

Adrienn: 2

Slightly surprising, but it does make sense I suppose. I didn't side with El during the Dittoceus debacle, and furthermore, fought when Arc asked me to. I think my retrieval of all 15 volunteers made them pretty damn chipper, as they seemed all gung ho when fighting me. 

Amaria: -4

Yeah, that checks. Didn't tell her about the diary, and she tried to fucking drown me. Surprised it isn't lower tbh. Plus I didn't fight Taka, so Reshiram route and all.

Anna: 4

Impossible not to like. Clearly has some mad ESP nonsense where she can see people's emotional scars, I can only assume. And, we apparently glow, so it checks that she'd like us. (A note, she and Noel were kidnapped from the Manse. Don't know what that changes.)

Arc: 5

Damn. Not entirely surprising, but it still seems high, Idk. I did rescue all the pokemon on 7th, plus returned them to their owners. I guess he likes altruists?

Aya: 3

Hmm. Interesting. I've not got much to go off of with her, but she seemed peeved when I beat her at her gym, yet seemed pretty chill when we fought together. I wonder if the trippy black void realm might have altered it. (Seeing as we got some insight into her and Cain.)

Bennett: -2

Yeah fuck this guy. I don't think I need to explain this. Told him to pound sand when he asked me to leave so he could talk to Luna, and swept his team with my Delphox. Felt good.

Blake: 1

Gave him the Ruby Ring when he asked. Didn't want to risk Heather being possibly injured. Side note, I limited myself to only knowing that choices were coming, not what they led to. So I had no idea that the outcome made no difference in the end. (Other than fighting Aster later instead, and Ciel's eventual foray into the void.)

Cain: 8

Love this guy. I don't swing that way, but damn Cain, you do you man, kill it. This guy was constantly on your side, and was always trying to help out the kids. Quite upsetting when he didn't make it out. Hope he's okay.

Cal: 1

I don't think he liked me giving the Ring to Blake. Which is totally fair. But dude, let's be real. I kicked Solaris's Garchomp's teeth in, that's the only reason he isn't negative.

Charlotte: 6

She's a funny one. I get the distinct feeling, that once she realized that we, quite literally, just obliterate anything that gets in our way (hence the whole "wrecking ball" thing), she just came to really enjoy watching that. Plus, she and Saphira both are pretty metal. (She also saved Shelly, so she will forever be in my good books.)

Ciel: 2

Not much to say here. Didn't interact all that much. She seemed impressed at our victory against her, and then promptly got tossed into the void. Unfortunate. She seemed like a fun character.

Elias: 0

Surprised this isn't negative, I'll be honest. I practically went against him at every turn. Hmm. Also, he seems like a bit of a tool. I can see him getting offed by Lin at some point though. Just a hunch.

Eve: 3

Haven't had much time to interact with them yet, but I'm assuming that playing a part in their dispersal from ZEL helped matters. Plus, their adorable Espeon. 

Fern: 0

Fuck this guy too. Surprised it isn't negative. I don't think I need to explain. I mean, sure the void trip "revealed" that he was insecure, like that wan't obvious enough. But bruh. When I kick your ass three weeks into next Sunday, don't pretend like I didn't just crush you. I get my ass kicked enough in this game, I don't need my rare total dominations to be undermined.

Florina: 2

And the sister. I mean, nothing against her, I'm quite fond of her. Plus, judging by Taka's dialogue in the desert, it sounds like she whipped some sense into Fern. (I assume that's what he was implying. MIGHT have been Aster he was referring to.) Didn't interact much, though we did defend the manse together, before she got injured.

Gardevoir: 3

Sided with Radomus so, I can assume that means she immediately likes us. Sad that she went totally berserk though. I'm hoping we can free her from Lin, one way or another.

Hardy: 6

I'm thinking it's pretty hard to get this dude to dislike you. Which is fine, he's a nice guy. sort of that atypical "rush in headlong, get bit, and win anyways" types, but hey. He seems like a genuinely good guy. I'd hang with Hardy.

Heather: 3

Considering she spent a good half the game mute, kidnapped, and or off on her Salamance, I didn't get much interaction time. I did out her dad's involvement with Meteor though. She's fine. I've no strong feelings towards her. She absolutely did not deserve Sigmund's bullshittery however, so I fought him to rescue her at the orphanage. I assume that likely affected this number.

Julia: 2

Like... she's fine? I bit too "aghhhhhh" for my tastes, but she also fucking punched through a solid wall of ice, tossed Blake over a railing, and helped me kick the shit out of Solaris and his lackey. So I like her a fair bit more than I did at first. Shame you barely interact with her beyond that. 

Laura: 1

You know, it's weird. Of the 3 sisters, you'd figure Laura would be the... oh I wouldn't say "smart one", but maybe... "less prone to moments of stupidity?". Oh how wrong I was. After Bennett's scheme caused nearly EIGHT DEATHS, INCLUDING HERS, AND VERY LIKELY KILLED AT LEAST THREE OF THOSE EIGHT, she decides, "Oh hey man, you seem like you need help." Like, the fuck? Laura no. No he is extremely stupid. Do not help him.

Granted, it's probably good that she's hunting down Zero, but still. Yikes.

Lumi: 3

Same deal with Eve really. Substitute Espeon for Glaceon. Adorable little things. (I, of course, pet them both. I'm not a monster.)

Luna: 4

She seemed pretty happy I helped her "dad" out. Plus I told Bennett to fuck off, so she probably appreciated that. Hopefully we can get her out, along with Cain. I'd like her to meet the rest of her adoptive family.

Noel: 4

Oh, poor boy. I feel like he's going to do something rash come next episode. It's quite telling that, the simple fact that we, the player, checking on him consistently, gives us points? Poor kid is attention starved, and likely feels massively inadequate compared to Anna, despite caring about her. (The medicine). Hopefully we can help with that.

Radomus: 3

Mhmm. Yep that sure is a number. Yeah, I mean, it makes sense. I sided with him vs Elias, plus he seems to be firmly against Meteor, so yeah. He's a pretty odd guy, but his intentions do seem good. I only hope he tries to reconcile with Noel a bit. 

Samson: 3

Same deal with Ciel. Seems fine. Haven't had much time to interact yet. He's right proper pissed about Ciel though. Hopefully we can help the big guy kick Lin's ass. (Although not sure how much use he'd be, since Lin just seems to be fucking invincible. Who gets punched by this guy, and doesn't even flinch?!.)

Saphira: 5

Sort of the same boat with Charlotte. I feel like when she saw how much ass we kicked, she kinda just was content to let us do our thing, while she kicked more ass elsewhere. Plus, she and Charlotte have seemingly similar reactions to things, so it's no surprise their points are similar. All around badass. Quite fond of her.

Serra: 4

Surprised it's this high, tbh. We only ever really interact in her gym. I mean, she seems decent enough. Plus she (tries) to fight us, alongside Luna and Radomus, which I have mad respect for, considering the carnage I swept across her team. So many damn reflected beams... (I also dig her hair.)

Shelly: 7

She's the best. Would die for many times over. She name's all her pokemon after her friends, it's ADORABLE. When I saw that she had the Yanmega named Heather, I was literally so happy, it just works for her character. And of course, over time she gets her Anna and Noel (both butterflies), her Cain (Poison, speed boost, disgustingly good) , her Cal (Volcarona how fitting), and then she names us after her Leavanny. You know. The pokemon that sews clothing for baby Wurmples. I love it. It's wonderful. She's much fun.

Sigmund: -2

This man has the fucking AUDACITY to use Colress's theme. YOU WOULD DARE? Yeah, another one that I feel needs no explanation. He's slimy. He's sadistic. And, fate willing, the next time he's confronted, he gets a swift kick in the teeth by Heather.

Taka: 7

Ah... Taka. The Reshiram route did you dirty my friend. Honestly, I didn't think much of Taka, up until the desert segment. Maybe this was just me, but I spent HOURS with this guy, just traipsing through this god damn desert. And he bloody well stuck with it. We even scaled that whole damn mirage tower, and he let me take the Honedge. I had a feeling, when he was nervous about Lin following us, that he was soon to be fucked, but I was not expecting the entire set of events that led up to his death. I mean, Shade doesn't show him dying from what I remember, so it caught me off guard. It's a shame. I was really starting to like the guy. I would have liked to at least take his Chatot with me. It did save me from that cage way back in the early game.

Terra: 4

Ugh. Can I like... not? I don't even know why it's as high as it is, I did not like this woman. Blegh.

Titania: 5

Yeah, that kinda checks. She was hella hostile at first, but I feel like we sort of inadvertently helped her out of an absolutely TERRIBLE situation. So she has, at least, a deal of respect for us. Not to mention that we, again, kick all kinds of ass, which it seems like she'd appreciate that. She also saved me from being FUCKING DROWNED by Amaria. So she has big props in my book. I hope nothing comes of Lin spreading doubt in her mind of us "working together", because that's stupid af, considering we have single handedly, made every single damn Meteor member aside from Lin herself into our bitch. I'll take this moment to mention how hilarious it is that the Meteor team members become increasingly despairing each time we show up. It's great. 

Victoria:9

Hooooof, that's a doozy. Being the highest rated amongst all others. I quite like Victoria. I'm genuinely quite surprised that it's this high, but it sort of checks. We have been, on about 99% of things, on the same side. (She didn't want us fighting Shelly or Kiki, but she sort of folded on that both times pretty quick.) I don't know, she's hard to place. I definitely hold no ill will towards her. Just... surprised it's so high, once more. Plus she is sort of working as our intelligence and recon at Grand Hall now, so that's also cool.

Well, that's that. My thoughts, plus some rambling on the characters, points, etc. I'm genuinely quite curious as to how other people have differed from me. Let me know what I may have missed here.

I wonder where to check my current relation points? I played two runs with over 200h each but I don't know where I could look them up 😄 And it's too long ago to remember all small details

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 12:02 PM, mcpershing said:

I wonder where to check my current relation points? I played two runs with over 200h each but I don't know where I could look them up 😄 And it's too long ago to remember all small details

Easiest way is to download SWM modular modpack ( https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/24930-swm-modular-modpack-e1840/ ). Backup your saves when using mods, of course, but "SWM - PredictRelationshipValues" allows you to use Psychic out of battle to display your relationships points. Or you could also use RPG Maker if you got it. 

Also, there are certain choices that (used to?) give you +1 to Anna and +1 to Shade, this is reflected when Anna hears on Taka's death/surviving. There are like, three states: 1. when she says everything goes according to plan, 2. when something went wrong, but it is acceptable (I think Taka dies, but Solaris got kicked at the Pyrous, but dont quote me on that) and 3. when she is terrified nothing goes the right way.

Now I wonder, what if Radomus/Anna plans aren't exactly our understanding of the good outcome? What if siding with Elias was the good choice - after all, we witness Radomus hypnotizing people, El's accusation aren't that far-fetched.

Here are mines(zekrom path)

Spoiler

Cain 6:Best bro.Hope you get out of this hole

Eve 1:Realist, and really a victim of circumstance.

Noel 3:Poor boy.Honestly i hope you get the love you crave

Taka 2:Well you are still alive?Hope it stays that way

Lumi 1:too pure.Nice design too

Florinia 3:I like stoic peoples.Although your stoicism sound like a deeper problem so i hope you work through that.And you beated your bro without me so that s cool

Charlotte 3:You told me to not negociate with terrorist and i took it to heart.Still the biggest roadblock of this game and there are a lot in this game.

Victoria 2:I find you motherly but you shouldn't chide me for loosing to shelly

Shelly 3:Well heather knows how to choose her friends.

Anna 3:she is cool with me and so am i.I don't know how reasonable my choices are but i guess i am on the right track?

Shade 3:see anna.I almost became the savage as well

Adrienn 3: I put some effort in cleaning that city so how could you not love me

Aya 2:All that liking me ain't doing much when you are still kidnapped.But hey you're cool.Probably too similar to me that i d like though.

Amaria 0:shame.I quite like you.I didn't show you the diary but honnestly i overstayed my welcome.And depression is hard i get it.Still quite sad you both lock yourselves into a sinking ship

Bennett 2:Same boat as amaria really:bad decisions but i can't help but not hold it against you.At least you changed for the better(too much work to get there though) and to be fair to you your hometown hated you for no reason

Cal 4:thanks i guess?i guess i trusted your words and was understanding

Ciel 2:you being motherly of shelly was cool. I dunno what makes you like me though

Samson 2See Ciel .Shame you are probably dead

Heather 2:You are a kid so you are allowed to be stupid.And you now know better so all good.Also being electrified isn't nice

Radomus 3:Funny man.nice puzzle too

Luna 2:Nice design.Still a weirdo.See Cain

Arc 2:Who?well if you like me all the better

Gardevoir 3:meh.Shame you died.

Julia 1:Shrug

Hardy 2:keep rocking.

Saphira 5:No idea why you like me.But i prefer that to the opposite

Serra -1:No idea why you hate me.I had to correct your son but really there was no hard feelings

Terra 3:No idea why you like me.And i don't want to know what this means

Titania 2:Surprised you like me but hey ice creams do buy friendships?If you listened i didn't read anything.

Blake -3:Good.I hope you dislike me.

Ellias -3:See blake.But i must commend that you are good at manipulating

Fern 1:Why do you like me?I don't and you worked hard for it

Sigmund -2:See above.Doctors should know of more than one methods.