A Theory About the Princess

Between Life and Death

Edit: adding some space so this isn't viewable from the club page.

----------------------------------------------

So as we all know, the evil Melanie is somehow an alternate version of Melia. But that begs many questions. Most obviously, why is Melia good and Melanie evil? Also, why is Melanie completely unfamiliar with Melia's light powers, considering she's in a way more powerful position and would have found out about that by now? Why is Melanie only 7 while Melia would be about 15 without the time travel? And finally, why is Melanie such a genius? She somehow rules the world at age 7, and even outplayed Madame X! Calling her a child prodigy would be putting it lightly. And Melia may be clever at times, but she's no child prodigy.

But hang on a second, who else do we know that's a freakish child prodigy? That's right, Maria. And for the record, I think Maria was the entire archetype, and was split into four bodies--making Melia a huge part of her but not all. But I think Melanie is somehow a corrupted version of Maria (and her soul and Melia's are still similar enough that they managed to fuse together).

But wait, there's more. How did Maria turn evil, and why is she ruling the post-apocalyptic world? Here's a clue: in the "run away" sequence, she mentioned her father a couple times. The first was when she called on him to send the Yveltal to save her; the second was when she said "Father, I have lost" before being absorbed by Melia. Maria's father, of course, is Indriad. And remember that the bad future is one where Indriad straight-up won, with Storm-9 hitting the entire earth. And I doubt Indriad had simply wanted to destroy the world; he seemed more interested in domination (as evidenced by his actions in Wispy Tower). Maybe he's secretly in control in the bad future?

For that matter, I also think the Yveltal Melanie used also belonged to Indriad. Indriad's garb seemed to be modeled after Yveltal, while his counterpart Nymiera probably had Xerneas. Moreover, the diary in Sheridan Wetlands--presumably written by Madame X--references an unnamed man spying on them with an Yveltal, and planning to use it to destroy the world if defeated. That could only have been Indriad; how many other male non-Xen affiliated villains are there? So I believe Madame X's Yveltal came from Indriad, while he still has it in the doomed timeline and is using it to help Melanie. All of this is to say that Indriad seems to have become some kind of god or shadow ruler of the bad future, and is using Melanie as a puppet. A "Marianette", if you will.

And speaking of Marianette, why was Indriad making her do all those crazy trials in Chrysalis Mansion? Could he have been training her? Perhaps preparing her to rule the world under him? This also explains why Melanie has no superpowers and was caught off guard by Melia's; Indriad did not awaken them while training her. This was probably because he knew she could use them to overpower him; and even as his puppet ruler she would lose her dependence on him if they awakened. After his trials, Marianette would be able to rule the world with her intelligence, but remain subservient to him.

So in summary, my theory is that Indriad's goal with Marianette was always to make her his puppet ruler of the world. Melanie is a successful result of that.

• Hmm 1
  • Upvote 3

On 9/9/2020 at 1:47 AM, Between Life and Death said:

Edit: adding some space so this isn't viewable from the club page.

So as we all know, the evil Melanie is somehow an alternate version of Melia. But that begs many questions. Most obviously, why is Melia good and Melanie evil? Also, why is Melanie completely unfamiliar with Melia's light powers, considering she's in a way more powerful position and would have found out about that by now? Why is Melanie only 7 while Melia would be about 15 without the time travel? And finally, why is Melanie such a genius? She somehow rules the world at age 7, and even outplayed Madame X! Calling her a child prodigy would be putting it lightly. And Melia may be clever at times, but she's no child prodigy.

But hang on a second, who else do we know that's a freakish child prodigy? That's right, Maria. And for the record, I think Maria was the entire archetype, and was split into four bodies--making Melia a huge part of her but not all. But I think Melanie is somehow a corrupted version of Maria (and her soul and Melia's are still similar enough that they managed to fuse together).

But wait, there's more. How did Maria turn evil, and why is she ruling the post-apocalyptic world? Here's a clue: in the "run away" sequence, she mentioned her father a couple times. The first was when she called on him to send the Yveltal to save her; the second was when she said "Father, I have lost" before being absorbed by Melia. Maria's father, of course, is Indriad. And remember that the bad future is one where Indriad straight-up won, with Storm-9 hitting the entire earth. And I doubt Indriad had simply wanted to destroy the world; he seemed more interested in domination (as evidenced by his actions in Wispy Tower). Maybe he's secretly in control in the bad future?

For that matter, I also think the Yveltal Melanie used also belonged to Indriad. Indriad's garb seemed to be modeled after Yveltal, while his counterpart Nymiera probably had Xerneas. Moreover, the diary in Sheridan Wetlands--presumably written by Madame X--references an unnamed man spying on them with an Yveltal, and planning to use it to destroy the world if defeated. That could only have been Indriad; how many other male non-Xen affiliated villains are there? So I believe Madame X's Yveltal came from Indriad, while he still has it in the doomed timeline and is using it to help Melanie. All of this is to say that Indriad seems to have become some kind of god or shadow ruler of the bad future, and is using Melanie as a puppet. A "Marianette", if you will.

And speaking of Marianette, why was Indriad making her do all those crazy trials in Chrysalis Mansion? Could he have been training her? Perhaps preparing her to rule the world under him? This also explains why Melanie has no superpowers and was caught off guard by Melia's; Indriad did not awaken them while training her. This was probably because he knew she could use them to overpower him; and even as his puppet ruler she would lose her dependence on him if they awakened. After his trials, Marianette would be able to rule the world with her intelligence, but remain subservient to him.

So in summary, my theory is that Indriad's goal with Marianette was always to make her his puppet ruler of the world. Melanie is a successful result of that.

you may have just cracked it...

• 4 months later...
On 9/8/2020 at 1:17 PM, Between Life and Death said:

Moreover, the diary in Sheridan Wetlands--presumably written by Madame X--references an unnamed man spying on them with an Yveltal, and planning to use it to destroy the world if defeated.

I've looked all over the Wetlands (even the Railnet) and can't find this diary. Where is it?

53 minutes ago, sparsyle said:

I've looked all over the Wetlands (even the Railnet) and can't find this diary. Where is it?

In the Xen shadow lab there is a dive spot that leads to a secret room where the diary is.

• Like 1