Infinite trick room exploit/bug in Dimensional field

GoodGame1324

I don't see a bug reporting thread anywhere, so I hope this is the right place.

I've done this only once before, so I hope someone can confirm this for me.

But to create this infinite Trick room bug, one needs to start a battle where the starting field is a Dimensional Field, and you need to a pokemon (or a pair of pokemon if it is a double battle) that holds magical seed and is capable of transforming the field into the Frozen Dimensional field using some move (in my case I used an avalugg holding magical seed that knows blizzard). 

What you do then is quite straightfoward: all you need to do is to send out pokemon holding the magical seed to set up Trick room, then on the next turn, transform the field into a frozen dimensional field. Thats pretty much it, now the effects of trick room will be active for the remainder of the game (or maybe it will remain as long as the field is kept as the frozen dimensional field, but this bit is just conjecture). 

This exploit actually has one major application that can make one battle much easier, which is the one against the evil rift gardevoir thing. Since in the battle all of the enemies are quite fast and put you to sleep, being able to set up trick room then subsequently keeping it permanent can give you a major advantage as you would have speed control.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zumi said:

Not a bug! This is an intentional effect.

Hmm, that's very interesting. Now that you mentioned it, I looked into the field guide and saw this under the field effects of the Frozen Dimensional Field:

"The following moves have no effect: Gravity Magic Room Trick Room Wonder Room".
Is it this property the reason why you get infinite trick room under Frozen Dimensional field?

Just now, GoodGame1324 said:

Hmm, that's very interesting. Now that you mentioned it, I looked into the field guide and saw this under the field effects of the Frozen Dimensional Field:

"The following moves have no effect: Gravity Magic Room Trick Room Wonder Room".
Is it this property the reason why you get infinite trick room under Frozen Dimensional field, because you can't reverse the effect by using trick room again?

• Veterans
1 minute ago, GoodGame1324 said:

Is it this property the reason why you get infinite trick room under Frozen Dimensional field?

Yes! If i.e. trick toom is active at the time of the frozen field activating, it essentially freezes the effects of those moves in place and will not be removed after a set amount of turns unless the field is changed again.

• Like 1