Can't beat Charlotte

I have never lost these many gym battles. Her first two Pokemon (double battle) are able to wipe out my whole team. The most reliable ones I have are:-

Blaziken        Alakazam   Typhlosion   Noivern

Krookodile    Gengar      Nidoking      Muk

Aggron          Slaking      Hawlucha     Zoroark

Even though my Typhlosion is 5 levels above hers, she still seems to be way faster and has higher attack. ( my typhlosion's nature is serious)

I can't seem to beat a single Pokemon of hers. Please help me!

Are your Mons EV trained at all?

Like others have said, changing the field effect helps a lot.

Your Alakazam should have access to Psychic Terrain if I recall. Should also be faster than both her leads if you have EV trained it.

What are your move sets?

Moves like Fake Out are really strong in double battles, her team is quite frail so Fake Out gives you an opportunity to clear out her faster Mons if you have a strong rock or ground move. I.e starting Fake Out user + Earthquake/Rock Slide user.. you get the point.

Using status moves like Paralyzing a weaker mon in Doubles while focusing on the other helps. Setting up Screens will help out a lot, too.

1 minute ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Eruption/Heat Wave works great too.

Yeah you're right, that strategy is pretty neat as well.
But is it possible to catch a mon that learns those moves when you're stuck at the circus? Also not sure if Wide Guard would be obtainable at that point, and if you skipped the gang quest Rain dance isn't available, either.
From those, Trick Room might be the only consistently available strat for everyone.

26 minutes ago, Edo said:

Yeah you're right, that strategy is pretty neat as well.
But is it possible to catch a mon that learns those moves when you're stuck at the circus? Also not sure if Wide Guard would be obtainable at that point, and if you skipped the gang quest Rain dance isn't available, either.
From those, Trick Room might be the only consistently available strat for everyone.

If you got a Stunfisk I think you could trade your way to a Vulpix with Heat Wave? I'm not sure, though.

I forget if Salazzle learns Heat Wave on it's own, or is it just Flamethrower?

Other than that I can't recall other Fire types available at that point.

14 minutes ago, Siv said:

If you got a Stunfisk I think you could trade your way to a Vulpix with Heat Wave? I'm not sure, though.

I forget if Salazzle learns Heat Wave on it's own, or is it just Flamethrower?

Other than that I can't recall other Fire types available at that point.

both only learn it from the move tutor and/or breeding

also I think you need Rock Climb to get Salandit, so it's not available that early.

But you could catch Bronzong on Route 3 with Heatproof and Rain Dance, or a Mienfoo for Wide Guard, so those are actually possible either way

Edited by Edo

20 minutes ago, Edo said:

both only learn it from the move tutor and/or breeding

also I think you need Rock Climb to get Salandit, so it's not available that early.

But you could catch Bronzong on Route 3 with Heatproof and Rain Dance, or a Mienfoo for Wide Guard, so those are possible either way

You just need to get rid of the Crustle blocking the cave when you get to the bottom to get Salandit. Nothing else is needed. But if it needs the tutor  it doesn't matter anyways.

I keep reading around the forums that there's a chance the Vulpix you get traded has Heat Wave on it. Never tried it, though.

53 minutes ago, Siv said:

You just need to get rid of the Crustle blocking the cave when you get to the bottom to get Salandit. Nothing else is needed.

When I tried last time I couldn't get there without loosing the Rage powder over that shaky rock, is there another way?

Wide Guard Mienfoo works really well since Charlotte will pretty much always try to use Eruption or Heat Wave with her Typhlosion. I then recommend using an X Speed on your Typhlosion give it Eruption and the next turn you have a chance at wiping away her leads especially if you have a Charcoal equipped. From there it should be easy to sizeably dent the rest of Charlotte's team and if Drought is up then you'll probably OHKO. Blaziken can also act as good support because within a couple turns it can outspeed her team that Typhlosion weakened and most likely they won't be able to target your Blaziken and Typhlosion due to Typhlosion's Flash Fire negating their spread moves.

Edited by Node15

55 minutes ago, Edo said:

When I tried last time I couldn't get there without loosing the Rage powder over that shaky rock, is there another way?

You have to surf around inside the mountain so you come out at the big waterfall near Amaria's house.

So you need to have created the shortcut into the mountain with the crustles.

• Like 1

Right first off if you are broke just capture some pick up mons and use them while you grind/Ev train mons up. cause pick up mons can pick up useful stuff and you save a lot from not needing to buy so much potions and repels.

You will need bronzong with heat proof ability. let it learn trick room and capture a boldore from the ruby caves evolve it to gigalith relearn rock slide and sand storm,swap ability to sand force. Turn 1 bronzong use trick room and Gigalith use sand storm. Turn 2 gigalith rock slide everything and anything you see. crustle,carracosta and golem as back up will help.prefer using carracosta and crustle they both learn rock slide with leveling.Move set items of mons mentioned are in spoiler tag.Hope this helps. as for grinding spots well u can spam kill crustle if u have a good water type and not completed all the crustle puzzle at route 1.  or the clown at agate circus.

Bronzong-Route 3

Boldore- Ruby cave

Crustle-Route 1

Tirtouga- puzzle at agate circus

Graveler-Ruby cave

TLDR: Trick room,wide guard should help and the mons aroud route 3 and Ruby cave are useful. you do not need to ev train them properly for now but in the future you will need to for other gyms as the other gyms have perfect Ev spread.

To Ev train Atk EV kill mons in Route 1 during morning. To train Hp Ev surf in mountain and kill wailmer.

Spoiler

Gigalith@Smooth rock

Ability:Sand Force

Nature:Adamant/Brave(if possible if not any nature will do as long as it does not boost speed or minus atk)

EV:252 Hp/252Atk/4 Spdef

Rock slide

Sandstorm

Explosion

Stone Edge

Bronzong@Amplified Rock(if possible if not there is no need for this item)

Ability:Heat proof

Nature:Adamant/Brave(if possible if not any nature will do as long as it does not boost speed or minus atk)

EV:252 Hp/252SpDef/4 def

Gyro ball

Explosion/payback

Extrasensory

Safeguard/Heavy slam

Crustle@Hard Stone/Stone Plate

Ability:Sturdy

Rock slide

Rock wrecker

X-scissor

Shadow claw

Carracosta@Hard Stone/Stone Plate

Ability:Sturdy

Wide Guard(wide guard can be useful vs charlotte as she might spam heat wave,Eruption and lave plume)

Rock slide

Curse/Aqua tail

Crunch

Golem@wide lens 

Ability:Sturdy/Rock Head

Explosion

Stone Edge

Earthquake

Heavy slam/double edge