Help with Angie battle

Atg303

So I'm stuck on the Angie Battle and literally can't get past it (I've tried over 30 times now and the closest I've gotten is getting her Beartic and Glaceon to the red, alolan ninetails and Walrein fainted).

my team is as follows, ALL level 50

Blaziken: Blaze Kick, Flame Charge, Double Kick, Brave Bird

Solrock: Rock Slide, Stone edge, Psychic, solar beam

Mightyanna: Crunch, Shadow Ball, Rock smash, assurance

Drifblim: shadow Ball, hex, facade, cut

Quagsire: Earthquake, Mud bomb, surf, stacking shot

shiinotic: giga drain, sleep powder, moon blast, dream eater

I really don't want to have to restart as i already had to cause i couldnt get last angie with the following team (also all level 50)

Torterra: Earthquake, crunch, giga drain, razor leaf

Lycanrock: Crunch, stone edge, rock tomb, rock climb

Drifblim: Hex, shadow ball, facade, cut

gastrodon: Surf, muddy water, body slam, rock smash

mightyeanna: crunch, assurance, rock smash, take down. 

IF anybody has any stats for either team id love to hear em cause I don't think I can bring myself to start yet ANOTHER playthrough with a new team/starter.

Why would you start the whole game anew just because of one fight?? You can catch and train some other mons if you want to try a different team, you're torturing yourself for no reason.

Also which abilities do your mons have? That's important information beside the moves when asking for tips. Because you might want to change an ability in certain cases if they're not optimal. (e.g. give Blaziken Speed Boost or Myghtiena Moxie).

I don't remember if you can go back to Terajuma after arriving in Kristilline before defeating Angie, but if not: There are wild ice pokemon in the tower to catch, they could abuse the field just as well as Angie's pokemon.
You should probably replace Shiinotic and Drifblim just for this fight since they don't seem very helpful.

If you can't return to Teila Resort and don't find the catchable mons in Kristilline helpful, you could also load an older save file from just before going to Kristilline so you can go get some other mons from other places, but then you'd have to do the whole story in Kristilline again, though that's still much better than starting from zero. Day/Dusk Lycanroc is really fast and wrecks Angie with Rock Slide. The Safari Zone has Torkoal with Drought to stop the Hail, or even better would be an Gigalith with Sand stream which would go really well with Lycanroc (especially Day form with Sand Rush).

Edited by Edo

2 hours ago, Edo said:

I don't remember if you can go back to Terajuma after arriving in Kristilline before defeating Angie

You can leave the Angie's gym by entering the portal behind her and you regain access to your boat so you can acquire and grind up mons. (I did that myself a month ago on my intense mode playthrough).

Nine Icy Tails has an ongoing walkthrough of Rejuvenation you can watch if you need ideas for Angie and future battles.

If you want my suggestions I have a few Pokemon that can be solid additions to your team.

Prankster Meowstic- 

Did you do the Espurr event near Goldenleaf village? If not, Meowstic should be welcome support Pokemon to your team. He has duel screens, thunderwave, yawn, and most importantly mystic terrain. The power to just replace the opponents perfectly synergistic field with one of your own for 5 turns is a god send in this game.

FYI: Prankster only appears on a Male Meowstic, when you reset for the ideal Espurr make sure it's male and has Own Tempo! Own Tempo turns into Prankster when Espurr evolves.

Dusk Lycanroc- (Assuming you don't have one already. You didn't say which form you had)

Dusk Lycanroc has been one of my main Pokemon in my playthroughs thanks to Accelerock. To get the Dusk form you need a Rockruff with the ability Own Tempo (OT) and evolve it between 5-6 pm (I think...not sure about the 5-6 pm part, you can evolve the OT Rockruff yourself and see what happens. Worse case scenario you have to reset and change the time on your computer.) You can get an OT Rockruff by trading another Rockruff with a lady at Oceana Pier, the first area after the boat introduction.

FYI: To teach Dusk Lycanroc Accelerock, you need to teach it from the move relearner in Sheridian Village. You can farm Luvdisc at the Akuwa Town Shore if you need Heart Scales. 

Hariyama with Thick Fat- 

Hariyama has been a surprisingly reliable Pokemon for me. It's useful for double battle thanks to Fake Out and can reliably tank a non super effective hit. I run a moveset with Brick Break, Fake Out, Knock Off, and Close Combat. You can get a Makuhita in the grass at Sheridian Village.

FYI: If you decide to settle with a Makuhita with the ability Sheer Force, fake out won't flinch anymore.

Torkoal with Drought-

I would highly recommend getting Pokemon with weather changing abilities. The ability to take away the opponents synergistic weather and give power to yourself is too useful in this game to ignore and will make you life easier in the long run.

At your point in the game, Torkoal is available at the safari zone and only spawns after you use rock smash. I prefer to farm this spot, its near where you start if you follow the path North East. To reset the rocks, either press F12 to reset the game or go down the stairs on the right and follow the path near this....thing and the rock will likely respawn.  (If it doesn't, head down the path a bit further to trigger the respawn on the rocks)

If you manage to get past Angie without a weather changer and don't want to farm the Safari Zone (understandable), you can get a Torkoal at Valor Mountain. (you visit that place at some point after Angie) If you didn't get one with Drought, either try breeding or use an ability capsule (if you have one). If you don't want to grind for a Torkoal, you should at least grind for a Drought Vulpix once you get to Valor Mountain because it's an event Pokemon and easy to farm for what you want.

FYI:  I would suggest looking up how to get Vulpix and Alolan Vulpix once you get to Valor Mountain, I don't want to spoil you too much.

Screenshot (3672).png

Screenshot (3673).png

8 hours ago, Edo said:

Why would you start the whole game anew just because of one fight?? You can catch and train some other mons if you want to try a different team, you're torturing yourself for no reason.

Also which abilities do your mons have? That's important information beside the moves when asking for tips. Because you might want to change an ability in certain cases if they're not optimal. (e.g. give Blaziken Speed Boost or Myghtiena Moxie).

I don't remember if you can go back to Terajuma after arriving in Kristilline before defeating Angie, but if not: There are wild ice pokemon in the tower to catch, they could abuse the field just as well as Angie's pokemon.
You should probably replace Shiinotic and Drifblim just for this fight since they don't seem very helpful.

If you can't return to Teila Resort and don't find the catchable mons in Kristilline helpful, you could also load an older save file from just before going to Kristilline so you can go get some other mons from other places, but then you'd have to do the whole story in Kristilline again, though that's still much better than starting from zero. Day/Dusk Lycanroc is really fast and wrecks Angie with Rock Slide. The Safari Zone has Torkoal with Drought to stop the Hail, or even better would be an Gigalith with Sand stream which would go really well with Lycanroc (especially Day form with Sand Rush).

I'm playing on Android so I can't load older save files which is my issue. I'll try grinding up a torkal and lycanrock, thanks for all the help!