Bunni Blair

Well, after two rewrites and almost a whole two months of planning and stress. It's finally here! The prologue. Yay! ......Ok, I won't lie - I'm kind of disappointed with myself. I shouldn't have worried and stressed over this as much as I did. Because writing fanfiction is suppose to be fun and there is a reason why they say you should write at your best. My feelings really effected how this turned out. So, I'm sorry if the prologue is bad. Hopefully I won't have as much trouble with the rest of the story. Also I hope it didn't effect Melanie's character.

Part 1: A Rocky Start

Prologue

I awoke from my nap to the sound and feel of bumpy train tracks. With the train itself being extremely musty. I was a bit surprised that I got any sleep because of the smell. But the night before I got little to no sleep at all - me being too worried about the trip to Reborn City I would be taking the next day.

And...just like that, I started to worry again.

What was Reborn going to be like? Was it all just urban areas? What were the people going to be like? Heck, what were the Pokémon going to be like? 

Is it going to be anything like Sinnoh?

I shook my head. Maybe...I just needed some fresh air. I mean, the train was kind of stuffy.

So, I stood up to open the window. Using the sleeves of my jacket to not hurt my palms as I did so. Just now realizing that we were in a desert, because of the hot air hitting my face.

That’s great.’ I thought.

But then, I noticed something, much worse...a dog-like Pokémon with white fur and a large horn staring at me.

“Is...is that an Absol?”

“Um..excuse me? Next please.” I heard someone say behind me.

Startled, I jumped back into my seat. I looked up to see who it was - now embarrassed - to see a woman with snow-white hair looking back at me, with an almost amused look on her face and a clipboard in her hand.

“Oh, sorry about that,” she snorted. “I didn’t mean to startle you.”

“I-it’s ok. But what do you mean, 'it’s my turn'?” I asked, hoping that it wasn’t about my Boarding Ticket, as I had misplaced it. I was never good with these things…

“Do you mind if I take a seat first?” I was relieved hearing that. But also curious, what did she want to talk about?

“No, I don’t mind at all.”

After my answer, she sat down in the set in front of me.

“Well, first off. I’m Ame the manager of the Reborn League. Second, I’m coming back from some business out of town, so I figured I might as well get a head start on everyone’s registrations.” she explained. “Were you also going to sign up for it? It would be great if so.”

“I…” The truth was I was going to say no. I already went through a League before, it being the Sinnoh League. One of the hardest ones in the world, and I failed. So I had no intention of trying another one.

But after seeing the passion in Ame’s eyes, I started to worry if I said no. “I guess so.”

“Excellent!” she said with glee. “I’m glad to finally get this thing off the ground again.”

‘Again? What happened to the last one?’ I thought, getting more and more nervous every minute.

“The truth is,” Ame said with a more serious tone. “After the incident a few years ago, the whole region was almost completely abandoned...even by the Pokémon.”

But after seeing my worried expression, she lightened up. “But don’t let that worry you! It may not be the ideal place, but our Gyms Leaders are like nothing you’ve seen before, and I think you’ll find Reborn to be a Region like no other too!”

Now it did start to interest me more than worry me. I wondered what the Gyms would be like. How many Gyms would there be? Would there be eight or more? Gosh I hope not, I could hardly handle eight. Oh! Would there be a Fairy Gym?

“Now that that’s settled, can I see your boarding ticket please?”

‘Crap.’ Now, I was back to worrying.

I looked frantically around myself and in my purse for the ticket. Feeling the tension in the air, as both Ame and I started getting really nervous. Finally, I could feel something italic between my fingers in my purse and pulled it out - it being my ticket. There was a heavy sigh of relief from both of us.

Hoping that it had no scratches on it, I handed my Boarding Ticket to Ame.

“Hmm...Melanie Collins,” she mumbled, why writing it down on her clipboard. “Okay, I got you down.” She handed my ticket back to me. I put it back in my purse, glad that I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

“Ok! We’re almost to Grand Station, so after we disembark, just follow me to the Grand Hall. There, I’ll give you a starter Pokémon to really kick off your adventure in Reborn. Sound good?”

“Yeah, it does.” I answered, smiling. But for real this time.

I wonder what Pokémon they have as starters? I already knew which one I was wanting to choose. But I didn’t know if they would have it or not.

“Good, then if you’ll --,” Ame stopped, looking at something behind me with a very worrisome look on her face. “Um…” 

I looked to see what it was; now terrified, because I could feel a presence watching me. Only to see that nothing was there.

“Something’s not right...Shouldn’t we be decelerating already?”

I looked back at her. ‘Wait, we’re supposed to be slowing down?’

Then everything started going just as fast as the train was. Ame yelled something to me...but I didn’t hear what it was, before I was thrown out the window - with the sound of shattering glass and an explosion echoing through my ears.

What happened?

Character Ratings

Spoiler

Ame (4/10): She seems like a very kind and ambitious lady. But after seeing how passionate she was about the New League, I couldn’t refuse signing up. I didn’t want to disappoint her. I just hope that I didn’t make a mistake...

• Like 3

19 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

YES! Very short part but I enjoyed it. It's weird to see her not want to do the league at 1st but I guess that's why I'm also into it. Can't wait for the next part! ^_^

Oh, thank you. I'm glad you liked it. ^-^

Next chapter she's going to meet all three rivals. So, it's going to be a lot longer then the first. (I'll probably have it in two parts to shorten it.)

• Like 1

Okay, so first -- don't stress so much! 

(and please don't be stressed or ashamed over your own stress, that's doubling your troubles 😀). 

Second -- it's finally out! You've been teasing it for a while, I was quite excited. 

So, I think it's a nice prologue. Are the events in Sinnoh that drove her to Reborn mundane, plot-relevant, or very plot-relevant (like, end-of-arc revelations)? Does she have a specific reason to go to Reborn? How will she react to Reborn? 

I'm very interested to find out! 

• 4 months later...