Can't beat Aya! Makin' me crazy

Rawlla

I love this game but I can't defeat Aya. I have tried it so many times, even leveled up a new Pokemon (Nidoking) to defeat her. Nothing works. 😢

This is my team: Donphan, Scrafty, Ampharos, Nidoking, Swoobat and Serperior.

Is it even possible with these Pokemon?

Edited by Rawlla

Swoobat shouldn't have too many problems setting up Calm Mind if you take out Nidoqueen turn 1, which Nidoking should be able to do handily with Earth Power. After a Calm Mind or 2 Swoobat should be basically unstoppable, bar any shenanigans from Drapion who's ALSO an easy OHKO for Nidoking (or you can just Air Slash it). Leaving Toxapex until the very end can be helpful too, since it effectively turns the battle into a 2v1.

If you want to train up some new 'mons, then the combination of a field-changing move and Dugtrio's Earthquake is devastating as well. Pair it with something that beats Venusaur and you've got yourself a sweep.

I can't take out Nidoqueen in 1 turn.  Nidoking's Earth Power doesn't kill Nidoqueen. Swoobat is dead before I can really use him. In all my tries I left Toxapex until the end. It feels hopeless.

Can you maybe tell the first few steps I should follow? Who should I start with and what moves first? 

do you have a meowstic? A male meowstic with Prankster can set up Reflect or light screen on the first turn so your pokemon might have a higher chance to survive, they can be found at the aqua gang hideout. Also what abilities does your Nidoking has?  if it doesn't have sheer force use and ability capsule on it, and I know that Serperior is your starter pokemon but right now it's a liability in this gym so I suggest you should change it to another pokemon that has a type advantage. You can get an Alolan Raichu if you want, not only it is a Psychic type it is also fast so it can outspeed most of her pokemon. If you don't know where to get it, you can find a Pichu on top of a building at Onyx Ward. Just talk to the ace trainer and he will let you in, the Pichu is hiding behind a tree so look carefully. Then once it evolve into Pikachu take it to Apohyll to evolve it, it will automatically learn psychic. Hope that helps

• Upvote 2

Hmm well you can always change the field. Misty Terrain/ Electric Terrain should help. Meowstick-M like other suggested is also useful as duel screens can be very helpful.  

Well first off you should EV train All your mons correctly, Ev reset berries are sold at department store and Power items are also sold there so as to make Ev training much faster and easier. Ev training will help you in the long run. IV are not really that important but Ev training will help in later parts of the game.

Not enough stickers click here for sticker guide

Not enough $ catch a bunch of pick up pokemon A.Meowth is the best cause payday=$$$ +extra side income from pick up

A good spot to EV train is the underground railnet just spam atk woobat they give +1 speed EV, equip power lens(sp atk)/Bracer(atk)/weights(hp).

TLDR: Meowstick M good, Try to Ev train.