Salem Coven Chaos - Town Win

Nano4

The town has decided to lynch seal with a vote of 7 - 0

We found a will

Spoiler

Guess I should start writing this
Should've looked more into who I was going to roleclaim I guess.

Seal’s role was poisoner 

Night 6 is here for 24 hours

Its a full moon night

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

the sun rose to another day with no bodies, with so few people left it seems the deaths are dwindling

Day 7 is here for 48 hours

4 votes are needed to put someone on trial

All right, it's time to end this. Nicki and I blocked Aldo and Lykos and with there being no deaths, the medusa is between the two of them. If you're wondering how I know that, we have a whisper together to coordinate our roleblocks.

@Aldo @LykosHand

Want to come clean because one of you will die this phase and even if you do survive the phase, Nicki and I will roleblock the survivor if the one who died doesn't end up being the medusa. 

13 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

I already told you who i am Astra in our whispers and that means the medusa you're looking for isn't me but Aldo

Why not at this point reitterate it for the rest of us, with a NA action log if applicable, i may be able to confirm or deny it, if your role involves visiting people

Intriguing. The first thought that came to me was that an evil factions had finally decided to take Psychic seriously. To think that it was a town-sided role that role blocked me instead...

[Trial] LykosHand

The fact that both Drago and Seal, both being in two separate instances of a Psychic's vision, were sided with the Coven is enough for me to prove not being the Medusa.

@LykosHand

Do you confirm being roleblocked?

Fair enough, i'm the bodyguard and this is NA action log:

N1: Fali

N2: Mimi but i was roleblocked

N3: Eric

N4: No one because i forgot

N5: Nicki

N6: Nicki but i was roleblocked 

Yeah i do confirm Aldo and if it's a challenge that you want here it is

[Trial] Aldo

• Global Mods

You see, Aldo... the thing with Psychic is that it's very convenient for you to claim because neither Psychic nor Medusa has a visiting role -- until Medusa gains the Necronomicon. For all we knew, you could've been trying to bait people into visiting you (by telling them you were Psychic and then gazing at night just in case anyone visited you, hoping to get rid of investigative roles), which is what I did as Veteran in one of the previous ToS games. People probably didn't visit you much because they believed your claim, which helped you blend in even more as town. I could be wrong here but your Psychic reports could have been forged based on what you knew at that present time (since you probably had contact with the Coven Leader; him telling you some people's roles would've been enough to help you make up a list with something reasonable), and since you were basically "confirmed" Town with no counter-claimers, it wouldn't have been bad to throw in your teammates here and there into evil/good reports.

Your erratic behaviour throughout this game isn't really in your favour. Your votes have been seemingly scattered, and I did notice you seemed hesitant to vote for people who flipped Coven. If you really are the Psychic, the way you have played this game really hasn't helped you in this scenario.

In regards to Lykos' NAs, is @Falirion able to confirm any of those nights (barring N3-4)? It doesn't matter who we lynch today since I'm fairly confident that we've narrowed everyone down, but I think we may be able to get somewhere if someone can confirm Lykos' night actions.

Tho actually I'm thinking that lykos is more sus

Mostly because of that stupid poisoned claim a few days ago

But I mean a coven wouldn't be that stupid until they won't discuss who they're gonna target next right

I have no defense besides the fact that I had two coven members in the visions. That is all I will say until the judgement, for I played the game solely based on my role, and no more.

I will retire until the moment to judge.

If that does not happen, I'd appreciate not role blocking me so that I may receive a vision.

9 hours ago, cicada said:

In regards to Lykos' NAs, is @Falirion able to confirm any of those nights (barring N3-4)? It doesn't matter who we lynch today since I'm fairly confident that we've narrowed everyone down, but I think we may be able to get somewhere if someone can confirm Lykos' night actions.

I haven't seen Lykos visit anyone throughout the entire game, that being said his claims don't contradict my observations (meaning he hasn't claimed to visit anyone i have watched that night)

I am leaning towards lykos as the medusa though anyway, Aldo's night 3 vision put the coven leader on the hot seat, while busing is a thing, he didn't exactly had to do that there (although me showing up the 2nd time in a row in the evil vision made me suspect executioner)
on the flipside, you nicki were controlled to visit Lykos N2, i didn't think much of it at the time, but we have both wondered when the medusa became evident why no one was controlled into the stone gaze, my theory is they tried with you, but your role saved you there.
in fairness that is just a theory. yes i am opening myself up to be bambozzled by aldo yet again, at this point i just accept it
And i can see the argument for aldo aswell, then again, he does this a lot ( in Amine's last game i questioned until the very end if he isn't culted after all)
Ultimately we have this game pretty much nailed down, now the question is just if we get out of it with a perfect only lynched evils record or not

• Global Mods

I don’t think I was attacked on N5 — if I was, I’d have been dead by now or notified that I was attacked and healed. I was hoping that someone would’ve been able to confirm Lykos’ actions but now we’re back to square one.

I am pretty certain that Seal’s action log matched to those who got poisoned which basically confirmed his lie. Lykos, however, claims something that’s tricky to make heads or tails of. The thought about them trying to direct me into Lykos/Medusa is a pretty legit one, however I am not super certain.

Another 2 possibilities I can think of are either someone, who knew of the plan Astra and I made, chose not to act in order to get an easier win (this is kinda pointless since we’d catch on early enough) or Hypurr is actually the Medusa and didn’t act for whatever reason. We know that Hypurr isn’t town, but we don’t know if he’s Coven or not. I’m not sure if anyone has forgotten about him, but he will also need to be lynched.

What does strike me as odd in Lykos’ claimed NAs is that he “forgot” to visit anyone on N4. I noticed this earlier but I was tired and didn’t address it, but I have the time and attention span to do so now. Both players now have something unfortunate on them which doesn’t help their case of being town.

Actually, now that I think about it... This adds up. The Medusa gets 3 gazes which she can choose to use at any time. This obviously replenishes if she gets the Necronomicon. I’m not sure if I’m remembering this right, but I imagine Medusa got the Necronomicon at around N5. This would match up to Lykos’ “forgotten” action on N4; he didn’t ‘forget’ to act. He ran out of gazes.

[vote] Lykos.

21 minutes ago, cicada said:

Another 2 possibilities I can think of are either someone, who knew of the plan Astra and I made, chose not to act in order to get an easier win (this is kinda pointless since we’d catch on early enough) or Hypurr is actually the Medusa and didn’t act for whatever reason. We know that Hypurr isn’t town, but we don’t know if he’s Coven or not. I’m not sure if anyone has forgotten about him, but he will also need to be lynched.

I personally did not forget about hypurr, i am perfectly happy lynching him last in the very off chance he is a jester afterall (i really don't think thats the case, but it's still possible) but i don't think hypurr can be the medusa
i saw him visit alistair N1, i have mentioned this a few times. a medusa would not have a visit on N1, and the coven leader would not controll their medusa into somebody, that makes 0 sense. so if hypurr is coven he is a 4th role, potion master or hex master between the 2 leaning more to the latter, a potion master would have killed SOMEONE by now
necromancer isn't possible, that role is immune to roleblocks he would have done something noticable by now
3rd parties: arsonist, plaguebearer, both kinda have the same case to them and none of the other remaining 3rd parties makes much sense, as he would have either done something noticable or would have been less antagonistic and unhelpful from start, except jester, but that only works if drago controlled him N1, which i am unsure of, but no one else claimed to have been controlled so the only other option would be that drago forgot he was roleblock immune since he was jailed (that roleblock would have been announced at the start of the night, so if drago didn't realize that he can act anyway he might just not have done so)

anyway, i don't think it ultimately matters, so lets vote someone one of the suspects, and get this done
[Trial] Lykos

• Global Mods
13 minutes ago, Falirion said:

that only works if drago controlled him N1, which i am unsure of, but no one else claimed to have been controlled so the only other option would be that drago forgot he was roleblock immune since he was jailed (that roleblock would have been announced at the start of the night, so if drago didn't realize that he can act anyway he might just not have done so

I think the Jailor actually bypasses that.

17 minutes ago, Falirion said:

I personally did not forget about hypurr, i am perfectly happy lynching him last in the very off chance he is a jester afterall (i really don't think thats the case, but it's still possible) but i don't think hypurr can be the medusa

i saw him visit alistair N1, i have mentioned this a few times.

If Hyper is the Jester, we don't need to lynch him after eliminating all of Coven to win. The ToS Wikia states that the Jester will lose if they're still alive when the game ends. If I remember correctly, Hypurr was Jailed on N1 and I think this still counts as the jailed person visiting? Could be wrong about that since I can't really find anything about it on the Wikia unless I'm blind.

I have a theory that he's the Plaguebearer, which is something I've been thinking of for a good few phases now. Since he's on the radar, I think he'd have ignited by now if he was the Arsonist. Adding onto this, you had an idea that he was Jester. The wikia page for Pestilence, which is what PB turns into once infecting every living player at that point, states that one of the "gameplay strategies" is to act as a Jester since obviously people won't want to lynch a Jester. So basically if the game continues after we lynch Medusa and we haven't yet been informed that the PB has turned into Pestilence, it's safe to say that Hypurr is not Jester. If we do get informed that Pestilence now exists, we know who to lynch.

3 hours ago, cicada said:

If Hyper is the Jester, we don't need to lynch him after eliminating all of Coven to win. The ToS Wikia states that the Jester will lose if they're still alive when the game ends. If I remember correctly, Hypurr was Jailed on N1 and I think this still counts as the jailed person visiting? Could be wrong about that since I can't really find anything about it on the Wikia unless I'm blind.

Drago was jailed N1 which is why i brought up drago's roleblock immunity,
Hypurr was jailed N2 & N3
And yeah i meant to say that we keep hypurr for last, if he is jester we won't end up needing to lynch him, and if he is something else well, lynch train is go

I see Lykos is going for the puppy dog eyes defense, Impressively powerful one too
anyway if you are town, take solice that the actual medusa (and probably hypurr) is gonna follow you soon after
if you are the medusa.... pls stop staring at me 😜
[Guilty]

Edited by Falirion
Fix spelling
  • Upvote 1