help me finish my team!

Ghostea

hi there! i still have yet to make an intro post but i'm new and wanted to ask for some advice.

i have half of my team for rejuvenation planned out, and i can't decide the rest. i would greatly appreciate some help!!

here's who i have so far:

• feraligatr
  • roserade
  • gardevoir

any suggestions? i wanted to have an eeveelution on my team as well, but i'm not sure which.

thanks in advance 🥰

Eevee is available early on. I would definitely agree with being able to use Sylveon, as it can shut down strategies in the later part of the game that revolve around field use.

Others I would suggest:

Lycanroc (any form, you're mainly going to use it for Rock Slide)

Pyroar

Swoobat (Calm Mind + Simple)

Pangoro

Zebstrika

All of these in their pre-evolved forms are available by the time you have two gym badges.

As for the ones you mentioned, Budew will be available just after the second gym badge. If you don't pick Totodile as a starter you can get it after you obtain Surf (five gym badges). Ralts, on the other hand, will require THIRTEEN gym badges.

Edited by Delta3416
additional info

Alolan Muk is also a fantastic choice, it's available really early on as a Shadow Grimer, it has an amazing stab combination, and it serves as an overall good special wall, also, it has great utility with Memento, Toxic and Screech to help with some harder battles. Another good choice is any pokemon with access to Tailwind, like Noivern or Whimsicott, it comes greatly appreciated. Lastly, i found Alolan Marowak wonderful for a beastly physical sweeper. You'll have to get a Thick club, though, but the benefits are incredible, that thing has great defense, and Ghost/Fire is a good stab combination. It can be found as early as the 4th gym, so you'll have an offensive juggernaut by the start of the game.

Oof, this got long, hope i helped

48 minutes ago, Delta3416 said:

Lycanroc

Yes, yes, yes, this thing is also good. You can do better if you get a Midnight form, thanks to Tough Claws, and priority in Accelerock

Edited by Gastronely

Getting a dusclops isn't a bad idea, its not the best bulky pokemon but you get it in the ghost gym. also dusknoir has a crest in the game that increases hi attack by 20% (i think) An gives him the technician ability(Perfect for shadow sneak and shadow pucnh)

Also if you know you opponents movesets ahead of time, you could use a shedninja if you wanted to \

Corrosive salazzle can toxic alot of stuff and can be real dangerous if you run nasty plot and flamethrower and sludge bomb on it

a couple of other pokemon I really liked using and were helpful that I haven't seen posted yet (I used a static team between gym fights, but for gym fights and some other big fights I had to adapt my team to win)

-Togedemaru (It's available after the 3rd gym I think), it's tanky, has nice resistances with it's steel type, has access to electric terrain, and also nuzzle.

-Typhlosion as a starter is very strong once you get eruption, but is a bit weak until lava plume at about level 42. You have to work with flame wheel until then, but once you get eruption double battles are a breeze

-I really enjoyed using luxray, though zebstrika might be a bit better overall. Shinx is obtainable after the first gym and intimidate and a really high attack stat and gaurnteed egg move ice fang really came in clutch many times for me. Used it in almost every gym.

-Talonflame is able to be gotten earliest either before or just after the first gym and gale wings makes it very powerful

-Mantine came in clutch for me multiple times with wide guard in double battles

-Some early game mons that carried hard but I ditched around lvl 45: Arbok (probably still usable, but muk is better scaling), Alolan Ratticate (when I was too dumb to adapt to venam's gym, a fresh new ratticate helped me sweep it), sandslash

Lastly, catch a lot of pokemon even if you dont plan on using them. I made the mistake of going for  a "perfect team of 6" so I spent many hours frustrated that I was losing to the first gym with 3 pokemon. Eventually I branched out just a bit and won, but look for solid pokemon to take out the gym leader's pokemon and to take advantage of the terrain. Woobat, geodude, and spoink are good options for the first gym if you have trouble.

Edited by Lavamites