The Four Lights

ThyMajicConch

So I decided to go back to the Hidden Library and I read the Dual Prophecies with the Garufan book. I read the Prophecy of Light and after thinking back to the scene where Melia, Erin, Alice, and Allen suddenly turned into the Archetype, I started wondering if it's possible that the Four Lights not created by man are in fact these guys. It seems to make sense a little more if you do all the side quests. What do you guys think?

I actually thought the same thing after playing this recent version. It does brings up the question of what impact you and Aelita have on the prophecy if thats not the case. We already know Aelita is not born of man since she is a reincarnate. We can assume that MC is also not born of man just based off the Interceptor label. If these two are not part of the 4 lights then who or what are they. 

On 2/10/2020 at 9:22 AM, Xtrack said:

I actually thought the same thing after playing this recent version. It does brings up the question of what impact you and Aelita have on the prophecy if thats not the case. We already know Aelita is not born of man since she is a reincarnate. We can assume that MC is also not born of man just based off the Interceptor label. If these two are not part of the 4 lights then who or what are they. 

Oh I almost completely forgot about that! We know so far that the Interceptor is brought in when the world needs them and they sometimes know things they shouldn't be able to know. The house where all the player characters lived got me kinda curious, were they all Interceptors or could there only be one? And I think besides that, the Interceptor is a pretty normal person, in the few times where you can actually talk to yourself, your character will say something to Aelita/Ren. If you have enough karma points, your character comes off as a really decent guy. So it's possible your character does have a personality and morals depending on how you play. It's also possible that the player has emotions as well since they are clearly distraught after Nancy sacrifices herself and suffers what appears to be a panic attack when you find your old house in Zone Zero. I absolutely love the lore and ancient stories in this game!

Edited by ThyMajicConch
Adding more

There is also a fortune teller in a GDC side quest that talks about the MC standing against someone along with three others. It's been a while so I don't remember the exact wording, but the MC would stand with someone with a golden soul, one fighting for love, and one with the resolve of a leader. That seems like it could be related to the four lights - the MC and three others, most likely including Melia and Aelita, though I don't have an idea for the last one.

52 minutes ago, ArcaneArceus said:

There is also a fortune teller in a GDC side quest that talks about the MC standing against someone along with three others. It's been a while so I don't remember the exact wording, but the MC would stand with someone with a golden soul, one fighting for love, and one with the resolve of a leader. That seems like it could be related to the four lights - the MC and three others, most likely including Melia and Aelita, though I don't have an idea for the last one.

Kanon and Nim would fit the "not born of man" stipulation as far as we know (well Nim is a guess on that front, but what damien said about her kinda implies that)

I thought it was talking about Ren.

After all the four main viewpoint characters are MC, Melia, Ren and Aelita.

As for the prophecy of light, it just makes so much sense. If you remember what the medical records found in Nymiera's house said, Anathea's hair colour was originally black. And she had four children. This means that Anathea was somehow infused with the archetype, as mentioned in secret documents which talk about what it does to people (changes their hair to gold). 

The strange thing is that I seem to remember characters saying that the prophecies 'don't refer to specific people'.