Sight, or Sound?

Noivy

If you were faced with the choice of losing either the ability to SEE, or the ability to HEAR, which one would you sacrifice for the other?

Think about it.

I'd gladly give my sight so that I could continue to hear the music that I love so dearly. That, and I also kinda know braille.

It's a really hard choice... But I would have to go with giving up sight as well. Losing your sight wouldn't be as bad as losing your ability to hear. Granted I wouldn't be able to read manga anymore, but I would still have music. Plus, if I really wanted to get into manga, I could always have someone read it to me I guess. In the end, it would be better to go without sight. Sound is a very wonderful thing that many take for granted. I couldn't imagine my life without it. The same goes for sight, too, but in the end hearing the things this world has to offer is just more important to me.

EDIT: I'd eventually develop superhuman hearing and become a Superhero.

THE BATXIPH ANYONE?!

I'd give up my sight as well... Sound is just too damn important to me. A silent world would be TORTURE. Besides, my sight is already crap. Not to mention I have good spatial notion with sound. If I was deaf but not blind, I could only see the world in front of me, that's kinda scary. Hearing allows you to know the world all around you as long as you know how to listen for it. Plus there are amazing blind musicians out there ^o^

I'd give up my sight as well... Sound is just too damn important to me. A silent world would be TORTURE. Besides, my sight is already crap. Not to mention I have good spatial notion with sound. If I was deaf but not blind, I could only see the world in front of me, that's kinda scary. Hearing allows you to know the world all around you as long as you know how to listen for it. Plus there are amazing blind musicians out there ^o^

Hint Hint : Beethoven.

I actually got into a big argument with a friend about this. I rather keep my vision since I could be happy with playing video games and seeing all the awesome things in life. If you pick hearing and no sight you will be a lot more handicapped. Can't drive, can't see family, hard to hold a job, and just have to learn how to deal with a new way to get around, There is just so much. The only reason why I can see someone picking hearing (unless you are stubborn like my friend) is if you are a musician and it is your life. Just my opinion!~~

Hint Hint : Beethoven.

I see what you said there, said the blind man to the deaf dog.

I need my sight for just about everything. I would not be able to enjoy most everything without it. Movies, video games, sports, swimming, and all sorts of practical things. Going deaf would really suck, but I could handle that a lot better than losing my sight.

Sight.

Mainly because of all the problems of losing sight, it'll only slightly hinder it with the other senses that we have as humans. I love music so much that it has helped with all my problems and I don't want to lose that hearing ability. Not seeing your loved ones will be tough, but being able to at least hear them laugh, giggle, cry, and hear their emotions out loud will be more than enough. It will also be bad to not see nature but again that doesn't mean you can't hear or even feel as feel can feeling something like a tree branch, rock, or water can feel like a secondary sight to the right person.

Plus, Stevie Wonder is blind but look at him. He's making great hit after great hit and doing fine on his own.

Roses are black. Violets are black. Everything is black. Touchdown Seahawks!

Edited by Cowtao

I'd give up sight.

Because glasses for blind people are already in developpement.

/Logic.

If I wasn't already on the track towards likely legal blindness (thanks grandma, love the genes) I'd say I'd rather keep my vision, but I already have shit vision anyways, so wtf.

It's hard to choose. Each option gives alot of negative things :(

My quote plox.

I'd keep my sight, so that i can still play video games (=p) and write stories/other stuff. I don't talk much so missing on regular and basic discussion wouldn't bother me as much as being able to do my favourite things...

And also because my Lee Sin mechanics suck

Edited by Soysauce

Glasses for blind people? Please, know your science. Glasses only bend the light to compensate for someone's inability for their own eyes to adjust their own eye lenses to focus on either near or far objects clearly.

At best, they have things that have wires that connect to your brain directly that help you see shapes (so far, and so far as I know). If anything, they actually have devices that connect to the brain and have allowed the deaf to hear things.

As a Deaf Studies Major, I'm with Maelstrom (and everyone else, it seems) on this one. Deaf people are functional enough to operate with relatively little day-to-day assistance. Blind people are much worse off =/

Deafness, in today's day and age, is basically just a language barrier.

It's really hard to choose :\

Losing Sight-means no watching.........Po- Anime, or seeing the beautiful scenery outside. Might bump into walls occasionally.

Losing hearing-means no music, can't hear guns shooting if someone is shooting.

So my choice? Neither :3

Tough choice, but as a personal preference I would much rather lose sight than hearing. When things get too quiet, it drives me crazy for some reason. Maybe I like chaos, it usually liven things up. It would suck to be blind but to stay optimistic I could live with the mindset that everything is a surprise that I can only picture in my mind. There are also the clichés of "Look with your heart, not with your mind," and "Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing."

I would not give up my hearing for having sight. I can go without sight, but hearing things is too important to me. Imagine not being able to hear your girlfriends voice or not being able to listen to music. Yeah sure you can see sound waves on a graph, but there just numbers and line. The true magic comes from the ears, and that is why I could never give up my hearing.