Discussion of Characters in Reborn

Zander

So there are some characters in reborn whom I don't know about. Meaning exactly what is their role in the story. I highly doubt they're just random people with no purpose. So here they are:

Who the heck is Laura? She had literally one minute of game time in Saphira's house or something where we ran to escape team meteor. Then she straight up left(I think?). Maybe she's related to Charlotte and Saphira and is the member of the elite four. But how come she's not doing more stuff? She just disappears from the map and we never see her again. Weird.

Blake. So who's he? Some random evil dude who just happens to be 10 times stronger than the ice gym leader with a better team? And he seems to have a thing for troubling Heather. At least he's mentioned in the character list so I'm assuming he's important.

Cal. Supposed to Victoria's boyfriend or something? Something about being Kiki's apprentice/student and in a relationship with Victoria but he joined team meteor on his journey so he's a bad guy now? I feel like he did Kiki a favor by killing her because he saved her a painful and slow death by illness. Just like how horses who get crippled are shot as a mercy kill. But Victoria hates him so who knows.

Shelly. Bug gym leader who is important for some reason? I mean, why is she even traveling with us in the first place? I'm sure more powerful gym leaders would be better companions than a mono bug team. And the poor guy in Lapis Ward has been waiting so long for her to return. Let him get his badge already man!

Erza Scarlet aka Titania(There absolutely could not have been a more direct reference to Fairy Tail than this). From what I know, there's supposed to be four girls who are the main characters of this story. Amaria, Titania, Luna and Heather. The whole story is supposed to revolve around them. Amaria has depression or something and depends on Titania. Understandable. Heather has Daddy issues. Understandable. Luna just likes to be in the dark and alone. Maybe she'll be expanded upon later(Not much character at all for someone who's supposed to be a main character).

But what about Titania? How'd she end up with Amaria and her hell life anyways? They went to school together but that's it. Even Florina went to the same school I believe but she's not important? And how come Titania went to an actual school and got an education but ended up in the desert with a bunch of stowaways whom she takes care of? Kind of seems like a drastic change from a proper urban life if you think about it.

Lastly and finally. I know this character is not shown much at all and hopefully something will be said about them soon. But I'm just mad that this character isn't even listed as one of the characters on the character page. 

It should practically be a sin for someone who anhilates a mountain sized Steelix with a Hydreigon to not be listed as a main character! Yes, I'm talking about Lin. Even in the ?? category she's not there. She had better be in the champion room or something and have a pulse Hydreigon. This is one character whom I'm definitely very interested in knowing about. Her methods are direct and to the point. She doesn't hesitate to do the needful. Heck, team meteor started becoming violent and blowing up stuff because of her, according to Taka. Her character is a must know about, especially since after her using Hydreigon, it became one of my favorite Pokemon.

That's all for characters I don't know. If anybody knows about them or just wants to discuss about them and other characters then feel free to do so in the comments. Thanks for reading.

Well i can give you some information about lin (can't say much about the others).

There are theories that lin was once in the same orphanage as laura, charlotte, noel and anna.

You can even hear a story about it in game from laura(if you made the right decisions). Laura talks about a little girl named lin.

Lin used to torment laura when they were in the orphanage. One day she did something so terrible that Dr Sigmund took her away. She was never seen again afterwards.

Now i know what you're thinking: How did she grew up so fast ?

The answer is the place where you battled El's Ditto, the Citae Arc- D'Astrae.

Remember the voice that you heard when you exited the Citae and the little girl that was climbing up the walls (mentioned by Adrienn)?

That girl is rumored to be Lin.

Adrienn was in there for quite some time but didn't age a bit. It is rumored that the reverse happened with Lin.

And there are theories that they are 2 Lins. The Child Lin in the Citae (Maybe sealed inside the Tower with the Baby Arceus).

And Adult Lin that we've encountered many times.

Titania is a reference to Shakespeare. Specifically the fairy queen from A Midsummer Night’s Dream.

Its been used to reference fairies since Faust. 

Edited by wcv

Guest Relinquished

Laura is sisters with Charlotte and Sapphira. She gets some basic screen time in Calcenon, as well and if your choices lead into Sapphira being abducted (pulse Abra, raid Tanzan Meteor base), you travel with her a bit and she reveals some things (mostly about Lin and the orphanage).

Blake is Cal's brother and if you pay heed to dialogue, there is quite a story of rivalry and sibling hate, between them. Cal even reveals that he had same color hair as Blake, but had it painted and chose fire spec, in false expectations it could beat Blake's.

Cal was admired and looked up to by Victoria, no boyfriend (at least yet; probably never though, after Kiki's death). Basically, he was the useful idiot exploited by Meteor, until he decided to step up and do what is right. Not the best or most likable character, but he could do much worse...

Shelly is important for the world of Reborn... She is an emotional child. End of discussion.

About Titania, Ame herself was surprised, when people started mentioning Fairy Tail... Apparently, when she conceived that specific character, she had no idea about Fairy Tail at all... Seriously, this is pure coincidence. Scandalous one, but genuine. No rip-offs to see here, move along!

Lin... We learn a bunch of things for her, due to choices, during the storyline. Mostly from Laura and the Doctor.

As a general thing, most of these characters are actually pretty well explained as to who they are ingame, its probably just a matter of skipping dialogue so you don't know who some of them are (although some of them are with you for a lot of the story so idk)

Laura is the sister of Saphira and Charlotte, as well as a member of the e8. She has a bit more screentime depending on the choices that you make which end up you teaming up with her in Tanzan.

Blake and Cal are brothers, with Blake being a member of team meteor b/c he's bored or something. Cal was a student of Kiki and Victoria's crush. He betrayed her (and Kiki obviously) by joining team Meteor, but is trying to make it up to her, (even tho what he did was pretty big). 

Shelly is the sister to Bugsy (the Bug leader from Johto, why she is in Reborn is another question). The reason she (and the other kid leaders) are traveling with us is because we helped to prevent her from being taken by Sigmund into the "orphanage" and helped the others to escape with us.  She is explained pretty well throughout the game so I am pretty confused on why you don't know who she is.

As for the next list, I'm not exactly sure where you got the idea that Amaria, Titania, Heather and Luna are the main characters? As they are all as much a main character as pretty much any other character in the cast. Titania herself is not actually based on Erza, and Ame hates that comparison, as she did not even know about Fairy Tale when she made the character.  Titania and Amaria's story is also explained pretty thoroughly throughout the game, with their story being the main focus of a lot of the new content from e17. The short of it however is that Titania agreed to start dating Amaria because she (Amaria) was suicidal and depressed and Titania helped her out of it. She eventually couldn't break up with her without ruining her (Amaria) which is why she is still with her. As for the rest of it just playing through the e17 content should answer literally all your questions about it..  I'm not sure as to what stowaways you are talking about that she takes care of, unless you mean the people in Train Town, which I wouldn't exactly say that she takes care of them, moreso just helps them out (from her magical fairy realm which is not explained yet.)

Lin well. She is a mystery on purpose. However there are a lot of references to who she is throughout the game. The main thing is that Laura(If I recall correctly) talks about how there used to be a girl named Lin in the orphanage, but she was much younger than the Lin that we know about.

Most of the characters that you had questions on are explained via the main story. As a heads-up it is worth paying attention to the dialogue because it also lets you start to theorize about the real mysteries of Reborn (Like what did that girl REALLY want with the Oddishweed).

Thanks guys for jogging the memory a bit. I guess I completely forgot about Shelly's story and the Cal and Blake stuff. In my defense it's been more than a year since I saw their dialogue and it's not spoken about again so yeah. I guess I didn't go with Laura through Tanzan mountain so I didn't know about Lin either.

I don't skip dialogue in the story at all but it's pretty easy to forget with the huge range of characters and the long gaps between episodes.

Didn't know that Titania was a Shakespeare thing but her entire character is like a cut out of Erza in the design. Pretty cool though.

2 hours ago, Swampellow said:

As for the next list, I'm not exactly sure where you got the idea that Amaria, Titania, Heather and Luna are the main characters? 

Go talk to some people on the forums who discuss the story. Many people in the past have told me this statement and that our character is simply a spectator or as I like to call him, an errand boy.

Oh and you might want to read a few books in Florina's gym. Maybe one or two diaries.

2 hours ago, Swampellow said:

(Like what did that girl REALLY want with the Oddishweed).

Uhh, nothing? She didn't know she wanted to go to seventh street until she went looking for the weed. Now she has a cool hobby/pastime.

2 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Well i can give you some information about lin (can't say much about the others).

There are theories that lin was once in the same orphanage as laura, charlotte, noel and anna.

You can even hear a story about it in game from laura(if you made the right decisions). Laura talks about a little girl named lin.

Lin used to torment laura when they were in the orphanage. One day she did something so terrible that Dr Sigmund took her away. She was never seen again afterwards.

Now i know what you're thinking: How did she grew up so fast ?

The answer is the place where you battled El's Ditto, the Citae Arc- D'Astrae.

Remember the voice that you heard when you exited the Citae and the little girl that was climbing up the walls (mentioned by Adrienn)?

That girl is rumored to be Lin.

Adrienn was in there for quite some time but didn't age a bit. It is rumored that the reverse happened with Lin.

And there are theories that they are 2 Lins. The Child Lin in the Citae (Maybe sealed inside the Tower with the Baby Arceus).

And Adult Lin that we've encountered many times.

Wow this is some good back story. It shouldn't have been kept as optional that you only get when you go with Laura. Thanks for clearing that up.

The diaries in Onyx Trainer School (Florinia's gym) are about four friends who where in that school a few years prior to the story, but they were Amaría, Titania, Julia and Florinia... 

10 hours ago, Zander said:

Go talk to some people on the forums who discuss the story. Many people in the past have told me this statement and that our character is simply a spectator or as I like to call him, an errand boy.

Oh and you might want to read a few books in Florina's gym. Maybe one or two diaries.

The diaries were about 4 random friends in the school some years back who are now all gym leaders, and were about Amaria, Titania, Julia and Florinia (not Heather and Luna, their age groups are completely different).