Pokemon Reawakened Official Dev. Blog (New Release Available!)

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, Champion Charmander said:

Thanks to all who have seen this and supported me. I hope the game sounds interesting. I will upload some pictures once I get a few things finalized, so you can look forward to those.

Also, if you have any ideas for moves or abilities, please be sure to tell me, and I will do my best to implement them.

Move Name: Zinger

Type: Electric

Power: 40

Accuracy: 100

PP: 25

Attribute: Physical

Priority: +1

The user dashes towards the opponent with sparks of electricity coming off of it. 10% chance of leaving the opponent paralyzed.

2 hours ago, HellBoyOnEarth said:

@Champion Charmander Yo bro, I started the game right now and decided me to take Treecko as my starter. But sadly there comes an Error Message and the game closed directly... :o

tzgvbutnw57.jpg

Edit: I tested every other starter and the same happns by Oshawatt :o The others worked

wknswmycy88.jpg

That is so weird. I'll get a fix out soon along with a few other things.

Edit: Just fixed.

Edited by Champion Charmander

Just now, Champion Charmander said:

Also, what are your thoughts on the game and story so far? (This is for anyone.)

Be honest.

When starting the game the Rejuvenation title screen is shown, with Venam, Melia, and Kanon in GDC. Seems like some bits of dialogue are taken directly from other games. Not a huge issue but its just something that I happened to notice. There's a somewhat large number of characters being introduced back to back and none of them seem particularly memorable for this reason. Also upon entering the graveyard in the forest my character was warped inside the cave wall and was stuck indefinitely. The female trainer card has the male character on it.

After I got stuck I stopped playing, will revisit later and give more feedback.

3 hours ago, Enigma Shot U said:

When starting the game the Rejuvenation title screen is shown, with Venam, Melia, and Kanon in GDC. Seems like some bits of dialogue are taken directly from other games. Not a huge issue but its just something that I happened to notice. There's a somewhat large number of characters being introduced back to back and none of them seem particularly memorable for this reason. Also upon entering the graveyard in the forest my character was warped inside the cave wall and was stuck indefinitely. The female trainer card has the male character on it.

After I got stuck I stopped playing, will revisit later and give more feedback.

The title screen (no idea how that started happening) is fixed. The graveyard has been fixed. Thanks for the comments.

22 hours ago, Champion Charmander said:

Also, what are your thoughts on the game and story so far? (This is for anyone.)

Be honest.

its good but there are some bugs like warping to rare places so i have to save all the time, like when u get out of the forest( i dont remember the name i think it was fern) and if u want to go back there u appear between some trees and u cant get out

13 hours ago, BRS swag said:

@Champion CharmanderI'm stuck in this cave unable to go out by any chance. Is this where the beta ends?? Or is there more?

Game.rxdata

Also, I had no way out when I reached the scientist's secret place so, I skipped it.

Enter the small cave almost exactly where you saved. After that, the grunt blocking the exit will retreat and you can progress.

1 hour ago, Champion Charmander said:

Enter the small cave almost exactly where you saved. After that, the grunt blocking the exit will retreat and you can progress.

I can't enter the cave. Do I have to re-download or re-extract??

On 3/5/2018 at 6:10 PM, Dontea said:

Is/will their be a way to change the nature/abilities of pokemon? I am about to do start my playthrough and was just curious : )

I haven't really planned to. If it becomes a big enough thing I can definately add some feature.

8 hours ago, Champion Charmander said:

I haven't really planned to. If it becomes a big enough thing I can definately add some feature.

So currently no ability capsules in the game? Thanks for answering I have enjoyed the game so far ^^

I am stuck in Fern cave, it seems like their is something blocking me from going through the cross path, and leaving through the original exit gets me stuck in a bunch of tree (Grunt is blocking the other exit). 

Spot: https://gyazo.com/09bd91424e5298c76a3c8555701c5939

Posted my game file (Also get stuck when trying to enter the graveyard in the forest, it teleports me inside the wall. 

Game.rxdata

Edit: Seems like I have the same issue as @BRS swag

Edited by Dontea

11 hours ago, Dontea said:

I am stuck in Fern cave, it seems like their is something blocking me from going through the cross path, and leaving through the original exit gets me stuck in a bunch of tree (Grunt is blocking the other exit). 

Posted my game file (Also get stuck when trying to enter the graveyard in the forest, it teleports me inside the wall. 

Game.rxdata

Yup, dude. Exact same issue, the same errors. Not able to go further.

1 hour ago, BRS swag said:

Yup, dude. Exact same issue, the same errors. Not able to go further.

12 hours ago, Dontea said:

Game.rxdata

What version of the game are you playing?

2 hours ago, Champion Charmander said:

What version of the game are you playing?

Whatever version is in the front page of the post folder unzips as "Pokemon Reawakened Junk" on startup it says version 1. 

SS: https://gyazo.com/54983478780061db36e0402b37142729

Edit: I also posted in your discord about a broken cliff I had found, not sure if you check that. 

Edited by Dontea

So, given it isn't something I see in a lot of fan games; are you keeping everything vanilla, or are there potential plans for balancing of weaker Pokémon to make them more viable? Like, if anything, just stat buffs to bring them up to par. I've seen it done pretty much only in fan hacks, never anything made with RPG Maker.

Because it sucks when your favourite burd is Noctowl who can't be brought late game in the majority of fan games.

5 hours ago, Dontea said:

Whatever version is in the front page of the post folder unzips as "Pokemon Reawakened Junk" on startup it says version 1. 

SS: https://gyazo.com/54983478780061db36e0402b37142729

Edit: I also posted in your discord about a broken cliff I had found, not sure if you check that. 

Try downloading the newest version. Is that still "Pokemon Reborn Junk"?

43 minutes ago, Bearadactyl said:

So, given it isn't something I see in a lot of fan games; are you keeping everything vanilla, or are there potential plans for balancing of weaker Pokémon to make them more viable? Like, if anything, just stat buffs to bring them up to par. I've seen it done pretty much only in fan hacks, never anything made with RPG Maker.

Because it sucks when your favourite burd is Noctowl who can't be brought late game in the majority of fan games.

I do have plans to balance several weaker mons. I probably won't get around to it yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Champion Charmander said:

Try downloading the newest version. Is that still "Pokemon Reborn Junk"?

I do have plans to balance several weaker mons. I probably won't get around to it yet.

Ye, when I unzipped and ran it, I had the same issue being stuck. Do you need to update the encryption key or w.e?

https://gyazo.com/289096fa4491320542518c1be7c9f37f

4 hours ago, Champion Charmander said:

k. I'll get right on that.

The new download worked, and the event/cave doorway worked. I will try and finish the episode soon, thanks for the quick response. 

Edit: One potentially minor problem is the new download when I unzipped didn't have an audio folder, I just moved the one from the old folder into this one and it worked. But you might wanna check that out ^^

Edit 2: The graveyard event it still glitched i can go in the cave alone, but when i talk to the nerd about it her teleports me back into the wall and cannot get out.  When entering perennial city I get the park text with Zoey before Hunter speaks to me, and then once i spoke to Zoey again in the PC the text repeated. 

Edited by Dontea