PokeBattle_Battler:4827:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:5902:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:5901:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:5901:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battle:4461:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:4460:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:4460:in `pbAttackPhase'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\[name]\Saved Games/Pokemon Conspiracy/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Spoiler

noheal.JPG.c7dba2a12596481aa15e84ca63778a10.JPG

This Porygon-Z does not actually heal your party.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

I'd like to report a couple of bugs as well (just in case):

Reveal hidden contents

Sticky Web gave me this error:

---------------------------
Pokemon Conspiracy
---------------------------
Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:2012:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:4828:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:4827:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:4827:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:5902:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:5901:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:5901:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battle:4461:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:4460:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:4460:in `pbAttackPhase'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\[name]\Saved Games/Pokemon Conspiracy/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Reveal hidden contents

noheal.JPG.c7dba2a12596481aa15e84ca63778a10.JPG

This Porygon-Z does not actually heal your party.

I was aware of Sticky webs, but the Porygon Z issue is new, will add to my list.

Thanks!

After having played this game with both of the main characters, I decided to share my thoughts and impressions.

The different dialogue as well as character-specific sidequests add more re-play value to this game, which is nice. In addition, you also get to make choices that (from what I understand) matter right from the get-go. During my first playthrough I decided to lie about the Rattata infestation, while in my second run I told the truth and have the bakery shut down.

I'm a huge fan of the exploration aspect this game provides: searching every cranny and nook gives you some sweet items and mons. I like how the maps are structured so that you can take your time exploring, and after you reach "the end" (like the graveyard for instance), there's a shortcut that allows you to leave the area easily without having to run all the way back. Speaking of shortcuts, I think when more HMs are implemented, they could be utilized for more shortcuts; for example if you ever needed to get back to the graveyard, you could just Cut some trees instead of taking the long way every time.

The somewhat frequent encounter rates seem to allow players to find rare Pokemon more easily, but on the other hand it can impede on exploration and/or backtracking. Especially in the tunnel that connects Route 1 and Roseland encounter rates appear to be high. While this could mean you can find Onix for the old lady much easier, it can get annoying considering that this tunnel is the only way to get back to the Institute where you can spend your Gemini Coins. In other words, slightly lowering the encounter rates at least in some areas could be worth consideration.

I have to agree with FairFamily on the achievement rewards, though. Maybe in the long run some of the mons you can buy turn out to be valuable, but for now in my opinion there's little incentive to buy anything but maybe Minccino, Budew and Vulpix. Minccino and Budew can reach their final evolutions with the Shiny Stone you can find, and Vulpix (assuming it can have Drought) can be very useful against the Gym Leader. I already have powerhouses like Alolan Marowak, Heracross, Durant and Sneasel on my team, so I personally don't find the mons offered in the Gemini shop very useful. I'd also like to see sidequests being emphasized more in the future: as for now you get most of your Gemini coins simply by playing the story.

As for the Gym Leader, I didn't find her too powerful. Then again, I had Rockruff both times against her, and Battlecry is a very nice move to have in that battle. On the other hand, you can utilize Swift Swimmers because she doesn't have many mons that resist Water. Then there are the Fire-types like Larvesta, Fletchinder and Vupix, and Rock-types like Geodude, Roggenrola and Onix. Last but not least, Charjabug is really good against her too. Players do have plenty of options to choose from, but considering that they can't leave the gym unless they win means they have to prepare before-hand (I don't know if you can leave by whiting out).

These are more like suggestions on my part, but whenever the field effects are implemented the Gym Leader's team could be changed a little. Dewpider would be a nice addition simply because it can use the Rain + Water Bubble -combo, Parasect's Dry Skin, combined with something like Leech Seed means it can become very tanky. Also, for Hard mode Accelgor with Water Shuriken for destroying all those Sturdy mons.

Overall I really enjoyed Pokemon Conspiracy so far. None of the additional features like the achievement system are bad, but they could just use some tweaking. The abundance of Exp means it's very easy to rotate mons, and since there are a lot of mons to choose from, this in my opinion works very nicely. 

• Thanks 1

@Zargerth Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad to hear that you overall enjoyed the first release.

The goal in mind when I created both characters was to make them feel as organic as possible, I didn’t really feel that would be the case if I gave them both the same dialogue. I hadn’t realized the effect that this would have come replay wise, I haven’t heard any complaints in regards to either of the protagonists yet, and I’m actually planning more gender specific events/story branches in future releases.

The achievement Pokemon, yeah I really added those before I created the encounters for each map. 

I remembered playing the the beginning of Reborn and Rejuvenation and being extremely frustrated at the lack of useable Pokémon available early game, so I wanted to give players some good options early on.

looking back I can see I went a bit over board lol. A lot of the Pokémon available in the current release will either be moved to a later point or removed entirely.

i also have plans to make like a weekly rotation or something similar for the achievement Pokémon.

Thanks again for the feedback, taking everything into account. And hopefully I’ll have the next chapter ready sooner than later.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

just a little update, so, I know I mentioned in the past that I was putting the game on a hiatus, but you can just disregard that little statement, the game is back into development.

Ive only completed a small portion of the new chapters content right now, but I’m more so focusing on fine tuning a lot of the previously released content.

main things that I’m focusing on right now are, the typos, the several movement permission errors and other little annoying defects that may have drew attention away from the rest of the game.

Also, I know a lot of people weren’t too fond of the real pictures used for the characters... well that’s being worked on too.

You can see a small draft of Leo’s redesign in the spoiler tag below.

More updates to come soon.

I truly appreciate all the love and support I’ve received from you guys here and I won’t rest until Ive created the next installment which some of you are looking forward to.

Rome wasn’t built in a day however. Anyways, I’ll getting back to work now. Love you guys and again, more updates soon.

Cheers ❤️

Spoiler

CA356EE1-49D7-4384-80FC-D95ED00FF287.jpeg.608ac7b8979ac36d0b17f72f4d8f36c1.jpeg

BAC2D43A-DB7E-4E3E-8258-48AA0E5EB5C0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 10:15 AM, Archeric said:

why do i see this now

those are some fine ass drawings

reminds me of ck from mondo mango

Yeah, the artist I’m working with is extremely talented.

I’ll be sure to link his contact info when I post the next status update. For those who are interested.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Overview:

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that both me and my girlfriend played Conspiracy recently and I actually really enjoyed it! As a dev and avid fangame player, I went into this game, expecting to get a laugh out of it and thought it was gonna end up being an absolute shitshow based on the screenshots and my experiences with other games of this nature, However I must say, Pokemon Conspiracy is definitely one of the better fan games I've played thus far so kudos to you. In reality, this game is the definition of you can't judge a book by its cover as while some aspects such as the real pictures of people are awfully off-putting, I consider it a missed opportunity to not play because of that. Well with my basic spiel out of the way, let's get into the review!

The Negatives:

• To address the elephant in the room, using pictures of real people is probably the biggest factor that drives people away from the game - I've already seen the posts about you updating the art for them though so I'm not gonna dwell on this for too long
  • The spritework is also fairly lacking, mainly due to an inconsistency with the pixel density in the characters as well as the fact that Leo changes races between sprite and mugshot  - I actually went and fixed up a couple sprites while playing for fun - feel free to use if you like! 
Spoiler

trainer000.png.e489919dc91485321ae3144a12a856fc.pngtrchar000.png.c5121b4374c9872c0977612e2d99677e.pngtrback000.png.bf1f85e05ab2f724552624b0caae912e.pngtrainer082.png.8f7723f0207862fa774a294ea275dc85.png

• For the most part, the mapping is decently done - However, the lack of variation in buildings in areas such as Roseland can make traversing the world a bit boring at times. I would add multiple basic building types as well as create more distinguished areas for buildings such as the player's apartment, to improve traveling. I'll provide an example in the spoiler below with a screenshot of the Cafe Area from my fangame, Pokemon Present to help you visualize what I'm on about. As well, there's a lot of fucking grass. The patches can be rather long and a pain to traverse so I'd suggest reducing the amount!
Spoiler

image.png.75e52ef068df104e06a6ff37a9787d5f.png

• There are also a ton of both grammatical and tileset errors which should be fixed.
  • A good majority of the NPCs can't be interacted with, especially in the train station - there's definitely space to add some witty dialogue here so I wouldn't waste it!
  • The game has way too many events in unnecessary spots - this lags many computers a ton and almost makes the game unplayable at some points - a great example of this would be the bridge in route one that was created entirely out of events - it would have made much more sense to add another bridge tile with maximum priority to allow the player to walk along it as opposed to using "always on top" through events the entire time.

The Positives:

• First of all, your writing is exceptional! As a developer myself, I find it to be a really amazing feat when you are able to connect with characters and care about their well being. This was exactly how I found myself feeling with the interactions between Teala and the Police officer. You should be proud of yourself in that aspect for sure!
  • The Pokemon selection was diverse and allowed me to use some options I don't usually choose in games! I'm always a big fan of creating different teams as well so that's always a plus!
  • I, for one, loved your music choice! The soundtrack was definitely fitting and I felt it gave every area its own character! Also I would really appreciate it if you gave me the links to the Institute and Cermak themes, they were definitely my favourite!
  • While being challenging, I definitely had a fun time with the difficulty, being a former competitive player myself! That Leavanny was a monster tho  Here's a screenshot of my final team from the demo, just after beating the battle house!
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a95301febc6ea932c7dabfaa536b60c8.png

• The majority of the sidequests were a lot of fun to play through and had decent rewards given from them! I especially enjoyed the throwdown which basically involved Bojangles dying from being a piece of ass and having Honedge carry the battle as well as the Battle House!
  • Any game that includes a Scooby-Doo chase sequence is already a 100/10 in my books

Conclusion:

Overall, Conspiracy was a lot of fun to play! I really wasn't expecting to get such a rich and enjoyable experience out of this game but I gotta say, you totally crushed my expectations man! Also this is my first actual review of a game so hopefully you don't find my criticisms too harsh or think they sound too arrogant or anything! Sorry in advance if that's how I come off, I don't mean it! I'm really looking forward to future updates for this game and if you happen to need some help with development, me and my girlfriend would happily give you a hand. Just shoot me a message in the dms. Cheers!

Edited by Michael_
  • Thanks 1

@Michael_ I definitely want to thank you for playing, both you and your girlfriend. I’m glad you both enjoyed the experience. Also thanks for the feedback.

A lot of time and thought was put into developing this release, I admittedly put much more energy into certain things and neglected others as a result. I’m currently working on fixing/editing a lot of the already released content.

I have 0 spriting experience and because of this, most of the custom sprites are just rough edits I made of pre-existing sprites. I’m hoping to find someone to help with this going forward. Also Leo isn’t black, him and his sister Alina are of Hispanic ethnicity.

I actually have your game downloaded onto my hard drive, but I haven’t gotten around to playing it yet. I will definitely give it a go and let you know what I think as well.

And thanks man, I’ll be sure to inbox you if I need any help, or opinions of future content.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enigma Shot U said:

@Michael_ I definitely want to thank you for playing, both you and your girlfriend. I’m glad you both enjoyed the experience. Also thanks for the feedback.

A lot of time and thought was put into developing this release, I admittedly put much more energy into certain things and neglected others as a result. I’m currently working on fixing/editing a lot of the already released content.

I have 0 spriting experience and because of this, most of the custom sprites are just rough edits I made of pre-existing sprites. I’m hoping to find someone to help with this going forward. Also Leo isn’t black, him and his sister Alina are of Hispanic ethnicity.

I actually have your game downloaded onto my hard drive, but I haven’t gotten around to playing it yet. I will definitely give it a go and let you know what I think as well. 

And thanks man, I’ll be sure to inbox you if I need any help, or opinions of future content.

Thanks for the reply my dude! I guess what confused me about Leo's ethnicity was the message in the beginning of the game about a lot of the characters being of African American descent and how its translated into the sprite. If it were me, I'd probably use darker tones from the basic skin colour or maybe pull right from the mugshot. Also if you need help with sprites, like I said before, we're both down. My only real problem was with the pixel density anyway.

Also I neglected to mention that Leo's design gave me inspiration for a criminal character in Present so I hope you don't mind me using it:

Spoiler

criminal_or_something_along_those_lines_-ino.png.9698a2aa2180c3f873588b7a93899afd.pngcriminal_or_something_along_those_lines_-ino.png.faf47431dfa13c7486e0eb0a03093ca1.png

Anyways, I guess I'll end off by saying thanks for making such an enjoyable game my man!

Edited by Michael_
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michael_ said:

Thanks for the reply my dude! I guess what confused me about Leo's ethnicity was the message in the beginning of the game about a lot of the characters being of African American descent and how its translated into the sprite. If it were me, I'd probably use darker tones from the basic skin colour or maybe pull right from the mugshot. Also if you need help with sprites, like I said before, we're both down. My only real problem was with the pixel density anyway.

Also I neglected to mention that Leo's design gave me inspiration for a criminal character in Present so I hope you don't mind me using it:

Hide contents

criminal_or_something_along_those_lines_-ino.png.9698a2aa2180c3f873588b7a93899afd.pngcriminal_or_something_along_those_lines_-ino.png.faf47431dfa13c7486e0eb0a03093ca1.png

Anyways, I guess I'll end off by saying thanks for making such an enjoyable game my man!

Thanks man, I’m hoping you’ll stick around for the next release, the way production is going right now there’s no telling exactly when it will be ready but I’m hoping to deliver an even better experience.

And that design is dope, simplistic but still gives an evil vibe. Leo’s getting a new design anyways so it’s perfectly fine.

I’ll be sure to bombard you with all of my future spriting needs. Just kidding... no I’m not.

Lol but seriously, best of luck to you with the future development of your game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enigma Shot U said:

Thanks man, I’m hoping you’ll stick around for the next release, the way production is going right now there’s no telling exactly when it will be ready but I’m hoping to deliver an even better experience.

And that design is dope, simplistic but still gives an evil vibe. Leo’s getting a new design anyways so it’s perfectly fine.

I’ll be sure to bombard you with all of my future spriting needs. Just kidding... no I’m not.

Lol but seriously, best of luck to you with the future development of your game.

Thanks!

Although I'm still looking for the name of those songs

5 hours ago, Michael_ said:

Thanks!

Although I'm still looking for the name of those songs

The institute theme is called 5 minutes of summer by iGalaxy and I don’t remember the Cermak theme unfortunately I found it by chance a few years ago.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, Michael_ said:

Sorry to bother you again but what's the theme for the Registration Building called if you remember?

I don’t recall the exact name, but it’s a remix of E-103’s theme from sonic adventure. Also, I may be contacting you soon in regards to some development related topics.

15 hours ago, Enigma Shot U said:

I don’t recall the exact name, but it’s a remix of E-103’s theme from sonic adventure. Also, I may be contacting you soon in regards to some development related topics.

Gotcha, thanks! And alrighty!