[Town Wins!] Danganronpa: Life Keeps Killing Mafia

L'Belle

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes but when you answer "no" it means you didn't receive a message saying "you were roleblocc'd", so anyone with rolebloccable or not roleblockable role would have answered "no" if they didn't receive such message, which defeats the purpose of the leading question me thinks.

on the other hand, if someone answered "yes" then you can successfully infer that the person is one of the listed roles, and thus es gud use of leading question.

Moreover, if I'm correct, the only roles capable of rolebloccing are Aoi (dead) and Monokuma. If anything, I think the person who got role blocc'd should look townish since it would be a sicc play for mafia to roleblocc one of their own on the first night (now that I've mentioned it, it'll become a possibility tho).

Ooo sorry, I missed the part where you said you'd been roleblocc'd lol I wasn't sure whether Aoi could do her role before dieing.

Since we're going into psychology and reasoning and stuff, here's sum more food 🍭 for thought provided by none other than yer diabeetus provider:

Aoi randomly picked one person where the vast majority (since game just started) are town - he has more chance of choosing town than mafia.

Monokuma picked one person who is 99% town.

Can't say for sho that Jace is town or mafia, but I still lean towards him being town due to stats (aka le quicc mafs).

On the other hand, I do think muh girl Andreacass is town, since Idt it would be mafia-like behavior to go into such mental manipulation :venus_shrug:

@Mr. Knightly

We bearly introduced ourselves to each other, and we're already fighting. I must remember my manners.

@andracass

"A logical fallacy would be considering my statement to be a direct accusation"

It is turning the focal point towards 3 specific people, me included. However, the focus of the answer was more on the errors considering the numbers of the suspects, and the fact that we cannot take for granted your role is town. 

"I don't think you understand exactly how this trap works"

Anyone not receiving a message that hinted towards that would assume they were not targeted for a roleblock, thus defeating the purpose of the trap. 

As a person who's been actively asking about such things in every single game, I think I could get around it even with a non-visiting role (like here)

"How do you know it's a fake claim? You're certainly correct that this isn't proven, but nothing that you're saying is proven either."

Never said it is 100% a fake claim. I said it's probable that it's a fake claim.

If you wish for me to elaborate on that, I'd have to repeat all that's been discussed about it (how it is that specific power-role claim, how she did take her time about it, some meta information about how she usually behaves etc).

On the contrary, you took it at face value that her claim is genuine, thus jumping at the conclusion that at least 1/3 of the people you mentioned are mafia.

I could simply retort with "what if Nicki is mafia and all of this was a waste?" or with "what if you are mafia, and are trying to project on one of us?"

"I mean, I know if my role is town or not. You're free to debate it. It doesn't change the fact that at least one of us (I'll add a bit of personal risk by throwing myself into this too) is mafia." and 

"What I'm doing is proposing a system that's a little bit more rational."

As you must have noticed, I didn't exclude myself from the list of the 5 people (suspects to you). Neither did I make a statement about whether this improves or decreases my chances of survival. It was all about the numbers being right. 

So, if Alter Ego is a visiting role, it's not necessary that 1 of us 5 is mafia. 

I understand your point about establishing a more solid scumhunting system, but this one seemed to rush towards a conclusion that needed a lot of assumptions to be correct beforehand. Granted, my initial reason on voting for Nicki is not the most reasonable (and I've already commented on that on the very same post) yet her behavior seems scummier than what I've noticed of the others.

edit: Adding colours because a lot of monocolour text is tiring for the eyes. I hope you like pastel(?) blue.

Also added a final sentence, in case you missed it.

@Mr. Knightly

No pun intended. I was trying to keep the post serious in order for nobody to be offended because we were discussing about important matters.

Quoting L'Host from p8

"The only roles who dont visit are Sayaka, Byakuya, Yasuhiro, Hifumi, Makoto, Kiyotaka, Leon, Mukuro and Chihiro."

So we do have 9 visiting roles, meaning 8 alive, meaning all 5  (Jace, Lykos, Nick, Cass, Nicki) can be town.

Thus the allegation that at least 1 is mafia based on their ability to visit, seems to be incorrect.

• Veterans

This certainly isn't just me taking Nicki's word at face value- her being Mondo fits what I've seen.

I'm also not saying that you should trust my statement that I'm town- it just happens to be a necessary assumption for my line of reasoning. That said, another person who is also roleblockable town can confirm everything I've just said, so in a way revealing my trap means I don't have any control over what other people can do with it. 

The point is that one of those three people is Mafia. The potential flaw posed by Alter Ego (again) is corrected if there's another person with a roleblockable town role.

If every visiting role received a "you were not role blocked" message, then you could make the trap work.

As Nick eloquently stated, "Anyone not receiving a message that hinted towards that would assume they were not targeted for a roleblock, thus defeating the purpose of the trap."

What we now know is that Jace and you belong to the set of roles that can be role blocked. We can't know about the other two who stated they weren't role blocked me thinks.

• Veterans

@Candy Again, neither of those things defeat the trap. Nick was also really into this idea when I first proposed it. 

I'm just kind of repeating myself now, so I think I'm going to duck out of this and hope that the argument makes enough sense to enough people. Should be enough info to get a person or two.

And I'm proooooobably gonna die tonight, hence why I'm spelling this all out now.

Tie between two players lynch them. 

Alright Knightly, thank you for that data which was pretty unknown to me.

I think, Knightly deserves the win as he supported us by scumhunting. Therefore, I want him to win.

However, Nicki role claims and states that she ain't a Mafiaso. She may be sincere at least this time, so I'll just attempt to rescue her from the lynch. Regardless of the positive or negative outcome, I'll risk it:

Unvote: Nicki

Eliminate: Knightly

Votals total, Day 2 end.

Mr. Knightly (6) - Mr. Knightly, Purplecicada, Paul25, Bok Choi, Candy, Hypurr

Purplecicada (6) - NickCrash (Mayor), Venus, Mazino Divergent, Lykoshand, Eviora

Jace Stormkirk (1) - Psychic Bean Sheep

Candy (1) - Andracass

Abstaining (2) - Jace Stormkirk, Corso, Walpurgis

----------------

''Puhuhu, the person with the most votes is Chihiro Fujisaki, the ultimate Programmer, therefore, his punishment will now commence!''

Spoiler

Chihiro Fujisaki's Punishment - Battle of the technology.

Chihiro enters a big robot. She has all types of buttons available to her. Then, a big Monokuma-like robot enters the battlefield. Chihiro's first instinct is to send her robot out to defeat Monokuma. She runs towards him. Monokuma fires missiles but she dodges all of them. They fight at close-range, but then, Monokuma activates the sprinklers with a press of his button. Chihiro's robot gets all wet. At that moment, it seems like Chihiro gave up and was prepared to die. At that moment, Monokuma hit chihiro with electricity, electrocuting Chihiro, and he laughed while watching Chihiro die a painful death.

The students however weren't satisfied with this. And together, they did everything they could to overpower Monokuma... and they succeeded. Monokuma lay there, on the ground... dead? No new Monokuma's seemed to come. That's when a voice played trough a speaker. ''Students of this class. You defeated MY Monokuma. How precious. Unfortunatly for you... this killing game is far from over. Good night, all.''

What could this message mean?

Mr. Knightly  died. He was Chihiro Fujisaki, and therefore won the game.

Purplecicada died. She was Monokuma.

Night 2 now begins! You have 24 hours to send me night actions.

Edited by L'Belle

Day 3: Another day, another sin.

Surely, that threat of the 'mastermind' was fake right? No one would kill eachother anymore? Or so we thought..

Spoiler

Quickly, you find the bodies of Sakura and Yasuhiro. 

latest?cb=20170519083200

''So, there are 2 bodies this time. Two innocent souls... dead.''

latest?cb=20170519070153

''So that threat we heard? Was .... real?''

Hypurr has died. He was Sakura Ogami.

Venus has died. He was Yasuhiro Hagakure.

Byakuya quickly speaks up. ''Hmph. I have been visited last night. By Andracass, to be exact.''

Day 3 has started. You have 52 hours.

From the looks of things, Hypurr was obviously killed by the Vigilante, Mondo, for their suspicious post supporting Nicki widely. Arguably, I also thought they were Mafia because of that, but were inclined to think twice judging from their personality. I don't fault the Vigilante though because it helps clear up things a little. I'd appreciate it if the Vigilante abstains from killing tonight because it wouldn't be good if another townie were killed by accident. This opinion could change depending on the outcome of this day.

On the other hand, Venus was the Mafia kill. He's consensus town after starting the bw on Nicki.

Retrospective Vote Count from Day 2:

Mr. Knightly (6) - Mr. Knightly, PurplecicadaHypurr, Paul25, Bok Choi, Candy

Purplecicada (6) - NickCrash (Mayor), Venus, Mazino Divergent, Lykoshand, Eviora

Jace Stormkirk (1) - Psychic Bean Sheep

Candy (1) - Andracass

Abstaining (2) - Jace Stormkirk, Corso, Walpurgis

* Green - town

* Red - mafia

* Yellow - third party

On 6/5/2018 at 11:06 AM, Paul25 said:

Rip Ali, we lost the Doctor 😞 😢 

Umm, Knightly role claims as Jester. 🤔

I doubt whether he's being sincere this time or not.

For all I know, Knightly prefers fake role claiming but this time Idts that's the case. I am unable to comprehend any reason which may contradict his role claim.

Therefore, maybe He's being sincere this time. 🙂 

Knightly's could be a friendly third party for us townie and thus, I'm inclined to vote him.

Also, It's better to lynch a third party who can assist us for the rest of the game than to mislynch a townie, which occurs mostly.

Eliminate: Mr. Knightly

However, Vote is subject to change given that somehow we come across a potential Mafiaso.

This post is quite suspicious from the previous day. There's actually no talk about what he thinks of Nicki and there's a lack of intention of scumhunting, as the bolded portion remarks that he will only change his vote if somehow mafia slips up or something.

On 6/6/2018 at 12:25 AM, Candy said:

Ooo well I haven't played with Nicki-chan often enuf to know her playstyle, but so far she didn't come off as maf. I mean she could be like me, having a townie role with no NA so can't provide info. Also everyone can easily blend in as town on the first few days, so her not pointing fingers to someone isn't weird either.

From what I see, Nicki should role claim before it's too late (time will be up and ppl will not be online to see her role claiming). However, that ain't as fun, rite~

Im still bound to my offer and so I'll be lynch voting Knightly unless some scum slips, which is unlikely to happen on D2/first lynch :venus_shrug:

The first paragraph is glaring mainly because it took such a long time for Candy to come up with reasons why they thought Nicki wasn't mafia. All they had for so many pages was that Nicki wasn't mafia because she didn't post anything suspicious and when asked by me specifically on why she thought they were townie, she responded with "she didn't post anything suspicious".

What does this imply?

There's no desire in her to give out reasons for why Nicki was mafia because she really didn't have any reasons and she was sure she didn't want her lynched because she was mafia with her.

On the other hand, the second paragraph implicates her even more. The same with Paul, she simply wants to lynch Knightly "unless some scum slips". That is absolutely not town behavior. She's betting on mafia to slip up and she's unwilling to move her vote from Knightly because it's the only counter wagon to Nicki's that could hold a chance of letting Nicki live. I even asked her specifically about what she thought about those players, but she didn't give any satisfactory response that indicated that she was trying to solve the game at all

On 6/6/2018 at 3:36 AM, Candy said:

I think es time for my promise to be fulfilled. Bois be gud to our jester here who hath entertained us with his jokes~

[Vote] Mr Knightly

The promised vote to Knightly wherein she votes him because of "entertaining us with his jokes". Unlike other players, she votes Knightly not because of the "to be safe reason", but out of whimsical reasons only.

On 6/7/2018 at 1:04 AM, purplecicada said:

I'm p sure the only person I suspected was Evi, but not enough to shoot her. Jace is a new scumlean.

This post from Nicki townspews Eviora and Jace. (Townspew means to make both look town from her post) I think there's potential of Jace being Mafia because she never voted for Jace, but I could see it as Nicki not wanting to vote Jace purely because she had better chances of living by lynching Knightly.

On 6/7/2018 at 4:14 AM, Walpurgis said:

It's not about it making sense or not, it's about her behavior. Maybe she's just being like that because she doesn't feel confident and that makes her not be able to be relaxed even if she shouldn't have a reason to be nervous (?) and that makes her look scummier which tbh wouldn't surprise me that much. Hhhhhhhh.

[Unvote] Nicki

[Abstain]

This is probably not going to save her but.

Why did you change your stance here? Also, why did you abstain instead of voting for another person?

TL;DR From their interactions, Candy is Mafia because she strongly defends Nicki the whole game, votes Knightly for whismical reasons, doesn't have any intention to scumhunt, and her posts are mostly CWAC or mechanical analysis that is characteristic of mafia.

[Eliminate] Candy

Word of advice, in cases wherein there are two conflicting wagons, wherein one is mafia and the other is not, town should look at the wagon that isn't mafia because mafia would always attempt to save one of their own.

For this reason, votes for today should be for Paul, Candy, or Bok. I've made my case about Candy. On the other hand, I think Bok is town because their posts don't have an air of scum agenda. They lynch Knightly for the reason of wanting to be safe with things. Paul votes for Nicki at one point, but retracts from this vote and goes to Knightly. I'll have to reeavaluate both, but I think that Candy is the best lynch for today.

Looking at the other wagon, there's the possibility that there is a busser (mafia who votes for another mafia to gain town cred), but I think the possibility is low because the wagon looks pure (its voters all are townie). 

I'd like to encourage players to make read lists from towniest to scummiest. It's fairly simple and it helps us all know where you stand in terms of how you read others. 

TOWNIEST

Mazino Divergent

Nick Crash

Eviora

LykosHand

Jace Stormkirk

Andracass

Psychic Bean Sheep

Walpurgis

Corso

Bok Choi

Paul25

Candy

SCUMMIEST

This is my list for now. First group is strong townread, second is lesser townread, third group is scumlean, and last group is scumreads. There's a lot of scumreads because a lot of them made some sketchy moves and stances, but I'll take the time to reread and tidy it up.

Two deaths oh no 😞 😢 rip both. 

Yes, that post is enough to indicate me as suspicious. 🙂 

Also, at that moment, I did not read everything as I was in haste due to which I just stated and voted Knightly which seemed the best choice for me.

Since Ik that I'm horrible at scum hunting and even though I point out or think anybody as a scum, the contrary occurs almost everytime so I find it better not to disclose about who I think as scum or not for it's my belief that my suspects would be wrong.

Sometimes, It occurs like I have my gut feeling upon somebody and I disclose it but none regards my claim due to unsatisfactory and inconsistent reasons and I feel unsure of my gut feeling, however, ironically they flip out as scum.

Low chances IMO to happen like that though.

For this very reason and for some odd tendencies, I become the centre of suspicion in most of the games.

Do as you please. You may proceed ahead and lynch me and sincerely speaking, that don't be shocked to find me out as a townie 

Reassuring, that I'm town and unfortunately, act like Anti-town again and again.

However, for today:

Eliminate: Candy

(Rationale: Dive's solid reasons upon her convinces me to follow this bw)