Happy to see the new 'train ticket' intro!

Synthetic Rose

• Developers

but you have to live with the guilt that the characters you didn't picked ended up dead(evil laugh) yeah I know ame actually had that idea for at least a few episodes before this one. I remember asking if she would like a sprited cutscene of the train arriving in reborn but said it would be redundant after episode 17 was released.

7 hours ago, Synthetic Rose said:

Well, Shade generally seems benevolent so far, and the League trusts him enough to let him lead a gym.

Don't quote me on this but I believe it was mentioned somewhere that they needed someone for the Ghost gym, Shade was recommended and he proved capable of holding the position though I doubt they know much else about him other than the fact he is capable as an expert user of the Ghost type and just appears and disappears cryptically he probably also stole your cookie.

...You know. There's six possible protagonists, only one of which survives the crash. It's possible that Shade was there to ~catch his team for the League~, tipped off by some kind of sense for impending deaths.

That's my theory -- the five protagonists you didn't choose are ghosts on Shade's gym team! XD

And the sixth...

[clicks on flashlight] 

would have been you!!

Could also be why he's 'watching over you' at certain points. Waiting for you to bite it so he can finish his team, and then

Spoiler

Corey obliges first. >_>

So, I just got to 

Spoiler

the part where you meet Adrienn in the ruins,

...and apparently, the dialogue of other characters still goes based off of your sprite, and not the gender you entered on your ticket. It actually took this long for the player character to be referred to by a pronoun! XD

EDIT: Looking in the debug menu, I found both a variable for the player's gender selection (with 0, 1, and 2 being m, f, and nonbinary respectively), ~and~ a switch called "Player is F." Is the second one something I need to activate, or can I just set the first one and call it a day?

• Administrators

set both to be safe

the reason that happened is actually because of a bug resetting those variables from dismounting tauros's's's
so it's still being set right at the start... it just gets overwritten