League, Ladder, and future tiering

Amethyst

• Administrators

So it's been a while since any real announcements from me cuz Ame been slackin'

Let's change that!

I'm not in the mood to talk much as I type this at 4 in the morning, so simple and to the point:

League- I applied rankshifts this morning; Titania and Ciel took some pretty big drops but otherwise not much new

Ladder- The laddering competition ended a couple weeks ago. I took the winners on the day of Holiday party as promised, but I've been hush hush about it until now. The reason is because there was a ... disappointing amount of fraud involved with the competition, and as such, several people had to be discontinued from the running, when they otherwise would have taken the top places.

So before I announce the specific winners, let's be clear on something called Ladder Boosting.

Well, the concept is actually pretty self-explanatory, to be honest. It's staging and setting up battles for the purpose of increasing your ladder score. It might be your own alts, or a friend helping you do it, but either way, it is not okay. It's an insult to everyone who earns those points fairly and tries to play a fool of the system.

As a couple disappointed people will tell you after this season's competition, we are very capable of finding out who is doing these sorts of things. We will not hesitate to remove them from the current and future runnings.

That said, I'm proud to announce the winners of the Autumn 2012 Ladder Competition:

The OverUsed tier was the only tier judged to have had a substantial amount of competition by our previously-set criteria (top score of 1300+)... Your laddering champions for this season are...

OverUsed

3rd-[AO]Dark Desire

2nd- [AO]Berserker

1st- [Aquarius]Fruitjuice

Each of our winners will receive a prize of $R, Ace Membership status, as well as a place in a Laddering Hall-of-Fame page that we'll be putting up soon. Congrats to the winners, and thanks to everyone who competed!

So, what's next?

The plan was to have another ladder reset and launch right into a new competition with some tier changes, but based on some issues that we've dealt with recently, I don't think we're quite ready for that.

Reborn's tiers have always been an odd bunch, and for some people that works, and for some people that doesn't. One common complaint is the dominance of weather, and such... as we've already confirmed in the Ace forum, we're going to be putting in a Clear Skies tier as our top priority for tiering. Look for it soon. c:

abruptendtopost

• Upvote 2

Holy Smokes. Has Hardy finally beat his sister? Ooooh I cant wait to hear more about this...

And the laddering things. Yes. 4000 times yes. I've seen so much ladder boosting in the UU and LU ladder (even though I never do ranked battles). Im really glad this is going to be punished because it is another forme of cheating; Something which I regard as being punishable by burning at a stake. It'll be good to finally get an honest match.

Yay for leader rankshifts, glad to see my boy Samson moving up. As for the ladder contest, grats to Dark, Kamina, and Sir Clouds and Puddles. I hope to be as pro as them one day. ;~;

Can't wait for the next tier discussion, and most of all, the clear skies tier. even though trolling with weather is fun Oh and.... Darkrai for OU. *shot*

• Upvote 2

I only signed up a week ago and hoping to actually battle a Gym Leader.

With this new leader set out, things could be easier.

Anyway, the Pokemon online server is great and so is the website.

Cheese :D

P.S: Keep on trolling peeps!

Please reply to me because I can't to seem to play Pokemon reborn game on this website on my mac.

Please help me!

Edited by ToastieBoy89

I only signed up a week ago and hoping to actually battle a Gym Leader.

With this new leader set out, things could be easier.

Anyway, the Pokemon online server is great and so is the website.

Cheese :D

P.S: Keep on trolling peeps!

Please reply to me because I can't to seem to play Pokemon reborn game on this website on my mac.

Please help me!

I have two different instructions. Pick which works best for you:

• Grab some oil and matches
  • Coat the Mac in oil
  • Light match, and throw it on the Mac.

or

• Download and install Wine
  • Run Reborn game via Wine.

But personally, I think option 1 works better.

In all seriousness though, taking a step back and looking at it all I am behind the decisions made 1000%. This needed to happen and it did. The boosting was indeed excessive in the lower tiers; somehow He Who Shall Not Be Named managed to get an insane ladder score even though I flattened him once and can't remember losing to him often if at all. (I didn't do that good overall but that's besides the point.)

Overall? Best possible outcome. We just have to promote the living daylights out of the CS tier and we're in business.

This gets two thumbs up, Ame. Maybe three if I can find another.

• Administrators

Okay, well.

(22:20:33) Hedron: that moment when I lose out on my prize because Ame doesn't believe i'm good enough to get 1300

(22:21:19) [Mys]Ceres The Leaf: just get some friends to lose on purpose =p

(22:21:24) [Mys]Ceres The Leaf: just to stick it to Ame.

(22:21:26) Hedron: That's boosting

(22:21:30) Hedron: Ame thought I boosted

Thought, Hedron?

I was going to do you the courtesy of leaving your name out of the announcement, but since you've publicly volunteered yourself to the general population for the sake of your ego, do allow me to volunteer to the general population a certain screen cap for consideration.

Image edited to show the relevant parts, as well as to protect the anonymity of the second party.

UzkLF.png

This, dear Hedron, is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Check your ego before it carries you too out-of-line, because this iceberg will sink it like the Titanic.

For the record, I am fully confident in your ability to reach 1300. What I am not confident in, is the variance of the ladder letting you reach that peak without a substantial amount of competition. You kindly highlighted this fact yourself.

I am also now substantially less confident in your honesty, which given the second chance that we're already granting you, I implore you not to test further.

• Upvote 7

Holy Smokes. Has Hardy finally beat his sister? Ooooh I cant wait to hear more about this...

And the laddering things. Yes. 4000 times yes. I've seen so much ladder boosting in the UU and LU ladder (even though I never do ranked battles). Im really glad this is going to be punished because it is another forme of cheating; Something which I regard as being punishable by burning at a stake. It'll be good to finally get an honest match.

Hardy was ranked right under lin once

But personally, I think option 1 works better.

In all seriousness though, taking a step back and looking at it all I am behind the decisions made 1000%. This needed to happen and it did. The boosting was indeed excessive in the lower tiers; somehow He Who Shall Not Be Named managed to get an insane ladder score even though I flattened him once and can't remember losing to him often if at all. (I didn't do that good overall but that's besides the point.)

Overall? Best possible outcome. We just have to promote the living daylights out of the CS tier and we're in business.

This gets two thumbs up, Ame. Maybe three if I can find another.

I beat you in every lower tier every time we played. You only beat me in OU, and that isn't anything special.

Okay, well.

(22:20:33) Hedron: that moment when I lose out on my prize because Ame doesn't believe i'm good enough to get 1300

Thought, Hedron?

I was going to do you the courtesy of leaving your name out of the announcement, but since you've publicly volunteered yourself to the general population for the sake of your ego, do allow me to volunteer to the general population a certain screen cap for consideration.

Image edited to show the relevant parts, as well as to protect the anonymity of the second party.

UzkLF.png

This, dear Hedron, is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Check your ego before it carries you too out-of-line, because this iceberg will sink it like the Titanic.

For the record, I am fully confident in your ability to reach 1300. What I am not confident in, is the variance of the ladder letting you reach that peak without a substantial amount of competition. You kindly highlighted this fact yourself.

I am also now substantially less confident in your honesty, which given the second chance that we're already granting you, I implore you not to test further.

I only did that in BL. I actually made it to 1300 legitimately in ubers and NU. ._.

I only did that in BL. I actually made it to 1300 legitimately in ubers and NU. ._.

First of all, just to point out, your honesty is in question here. Most of the people here are likely not to believe you.

But second of all, that's not the point. The point is that you were caught ladder boosting, which is why you've been warned, seeing as how you first denied it.

• Upvote 3

• Administrators

Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware having multiple matches in the NU tier wherein your opponent was thrashing you, only to forfeit by your request, was considered legitimate.

My mistake.

Oh wait.

In any case, it's inconsequential. You've demonstrated plainly enough your character for us already, and aside from that you were disqualified for boosting from the competition- not just that tier. The tier is not the issue; you were.

• Upvote 3

Okay, well.

Thought, Hedron?

UzkLF.png

31bt.jpg

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...