[IC] Trespassers DC: Tribal Times (Forgotten Realms Hunt)

DragonRage

Freya

At Law's explanation, Freya nodded, before finally pulling what she needed out of her bag... Which was a small knife. As soon as she pulled it out, Freya got down on one knee, already placing the blade on the palm of her free hand, "Alright, makes enough sense. Where are you planning to store the blood?"

"Oh, that sounds fine." The idea of having her blood drawn didn't seem to faze Lucine at all as she moved closer to Law. She rolled up one sleeve of her hoodie slightly before stopping. "Do you just do the pinprick thing or do you need a vein?" 

"Uhh, hold on."

Law pulls out a heavy metal orb, reshaping it into a small needle with a giant handle.

"T-this should work."

He says, pricking her with it, and sticking the needle into the machine to register her blood.

Looking at the readouts, his eyes widen.

"Looks like you've already got some mods...  Where'd you get those from?  These aren't very good." He says, squinting at the visual reading of crude looking nanomachines in her blood.

"Mods?" Lucine tilted her head at the furry rodent-man, visibly confused. "What do you mean by mods? I mean, Opal is pretty heavily modded, do you want to know about what I did with her?" It would be weird to bring that up in the context of a blood test, wouldn't it? It was a strange way to phrase it, if Opal was contaminating her blood somehow. Unless, of course, he was talking about something else. Her expression abruptly shifted to a rather more fearful one for a moment, before she attempted to smooth it back out (to a . . . questionable degree of success.) The blood testing she'd gone through previously had all been about whether she was developing properly; a concern, because of the unusual techniques used in her creation.

"Uhh. . ." Her expression drifted back towards "confused" from where it had been at "afraid." Nanomachines in her blood? She didn't really actually know that much about how homunculi were made - unlike the Einzberns, the intention had not been for her to continue to create successive generations of homunculi from the start. "I never paid anyone to put nanomachines in my blood." It was probably some function of her magical biology, but she barely knew anything about normal biology. Should she be pretending to be alarmed at this discovery? Nanomachines in your blood wasn't normal, she knew that much.

"Uhhhhh. . ." Lucine repeated, at this point completely unable to hide her discomfort. "Not really?" she said, rather unconvincingly. She had, in fact; running low on prana did make her feel lethargic until she could replenish it, since all of her bodily functions were centered on it. Even her digestion was less for nutrition (though she did need a certain amount of it to maintain and grow her body, or so she'd been told) and more an engine for pressing magical energy out of food and drink. Needless to say, this was treading very close to something she was still trying to keep close to her chest.

"Hmm."

"I'd like you not to panic, but your blood contains no less than two inbuilt functions to terminate you." 

"I believe you may be the victim of a nano-hazardous attack.  Your blood is capable of overclocking, termination, termination and disposal, and three options that I am unaware as to their exact purpose, something about activating a "Grail" Function, and a "Servant Storage" function."

Law scratches his little chin.

"If I knew more, I would suggest immediate removal, and addition of upgraded nanomachines to purge the infected tech from wherever else they might be hiding."

"Without examining your genome and cells, however, I cannot say for certain the exact medium by which these function."

Law's advice didn't seem to be particularly helpful to Lucine, who immediately made a high-pitched noise of startlement and distress. "T-Termination? But why would they do that!?" She was supposed to be the leading edge of decades of research, the synthesis of closely-guarded Einzbern techniques and those that the various Yggdmilennias could contribute; why would there be some kind of key to "terminate" her? "I d-don't want to be the Grail, either, those are supposed to be over with!" She was actually starting to blubber a bit; she knew what it did, of course, and it distressed her even more than not knowing would. Lucine started to take steps backward, away from Law and his measuring devices and staff of death. 

"M-Mam, I'm pretty sure it's not a literal grail, not even nanotechnology could turn someone into a cup, I don't think!" Law shouts at her second stage of blubbering, trying to get a hold on the situation, and also backing up, sad people are a prime subject for suddenly transitioning into violent people, and Law doesn't want to be violence by the spitting image of emotional instability.

"Look, I uhh, I can..." Law scampers over to his box, digging out several glowing-white canisters.

"I can get to work on the bioscanner i-immediately, please don't do anything d-d-drastic!  This stuff is White Eco, it's the stuff we precursors use for our own bodies, h-h-highest quality! J-just some scans and some programs, a-and we can get that stuff all sorted out!"  Law panics.

Law's response once again had the opposite of the intended effect - the ottsel had somehow managed to simultaneously know too much and too little. She was afraid of what would happen if he tried to do anything, afraid of having her secret revealed to the group (as irrational as that probably was), and entirely too distressed to think straight. When he reached for more tools for who knows what end and started babbling on about what else he could use to mess with her body, what was left of her composure broke entirely. The Yggdmillenia girl turned and bolted, running off blubbering blindly into the woods. 

Lucine and Law run off in opposite directions.  Law, surprisingly enough, is able to keep his bearings.  Lucine, however, finds the trees looking basically identical as she blindly flees the area.  Soon, she finds the area start to get marshy, and the squishing of the waterlogged ground under her boots distracts her from her panic.  The young girl stops to catch her breath under a large, gnarled, bushy tree along the edges of the swamp, when a hissing voice calls out above her, bringing with it the stench of some very bad breath.

"Who daiiiressss invade the terriiitory of the dread dragon FACEMELTER OF FACES?" Screeches the thing above her from its perch hidden in the leaves, its voice cracking several times as it speaks, "Begone, mortal, or I shall fiiieast on your flessssssshhhh!"

Lucine spluttered a bit at the utterance, for a few reasons. One being that she was out of breath, which tended to not mix well with noxious scents and smells like the one emanating from whatever creature was in the branches above her. The second was an involuntary laugh; Facemelter of Faces? If it was supposed to be scary, it had quite the opposite effect. Lucine gasped and coughed for a few moments (wow, that was an unpleasant smell) before getting enough air in her lungs to formulate a response. Which was actually just giggling a bit more, before realizing that the strange swamp creature probably wasn't actually trying to cheer her up. "Wait, are you serious?"

Law scrambles up the tree with (climb check 14) a surprising amount of agility and (stealth check 3) a lot of noise.  He makes it to the top, and notices two things.  First, Lucine did not in fact pursue him.  Second, there is a very fluffy and very angry looking squirrel staring right at him.

Raging Squirrel Initiative:  5

Law Initiative 1

----------------------------------------------

"I wiiil melt your bonessss?"  The creature in the tree tries, sounding just as squeaky but a lot less sure of itself, "You will ssssssuffer before the iiiiend?"

"O-oh, uh, nice... squirrel?" Law says, scrambling to reshape his Precursor Multitool into some kind of weapon, changing it into something like a Velcro-covered shield.

He backs away, almost stumbling as he reaches the end of the branch.

Damn, if only he brought his weapons with him!

Spoiler

(Perk) Ancient Wisdom: The user may craft in combat at no penalty.

(Perk) Proposed Hero: Law has been gifted a Precursor Multitool, Enabling the item to be used by him and him alone.

(Flaw) Blinded by the Dark: Whenever Law is damaged by a Dark Elemental Effect, he is blinded for 2 turns from a combination of corruption and fear.  50% miss chance, 50% chance to hit the wrong target, if aiming on his own. There is a 1 turn grace period after the blind ends, in which this cannot be procced again.

-

(Level 3) Precursor 'Traveler's Tails' Garb: A Light form fitting robe that is hydrophobic, and everything else phobic, It's extreme comfort and durability make status effects flow off of it like water.

(Gear Level 1): +3 RES While worn.
(Merit Level 2): +2 to resist Elemental Effects, Cannot be stained or torn.  Bound.
(Gear Level 3:): +2 RES While worn. -3 Init

(Level 3) Precursor Multitool: A Heavy Egg shaped ball of metal, engraved with Precursor Script reading something along the lines of "Do-All", it can transform into almost any solid object, and imitate many solid objects if they do not have moving parts, or if the parts are provided.  It never changes in weight, a solid 10 Kilograms.
(Gear Level 1): Can transform into anything within reason using a Craft Roll, it cannot have moving parts, but may include objects in it's form while reshaping.

(Merit Level 2): It is indestructible, but will revert to egg form if it's absolute upper limits are reached.  Bound.

(Perk Level 3): The user may craft with this item, no matter the circumstances, and never receives penalties to crafting with it.

So it was trying to threaten her, it just wasn't doing a particularly good job. "You don't really sound like you can actually melt my bones." She peered into the foliage, not getting closer but not exactly fleeing in terror either. It didn't sound like it was a person up there, unless it was a snakeperson or something. Did this world have snakepeople? "What are you, anyway?"

Freya

In response, Freya had simply nodded, "Right, I guess" she said, preparing to press the knife deeper into her hand... Right before Lucine had stepped up to get her own blood drawn. At the sight, Freya's hand paused, before slowly releasing its pressure as she listened into Law and Lucine's conversation. A good bit of the terminology the two used clearly flew over her head, judging by her own confused expression. But, she could tell that this wasn't a good thing, mostly due to how Law worded his sentences, and Lucine's own fear upon hearing the word "Grail".

Unfortunately, before she could give her own thoughts on the matter, the stress of the situation seemed to get to both Law and Lucine, judging from the fact that they both had run off in a panic, "Wait, HOLD ON-" Freya began, shouting after both of them, before they both vanished into the woods. Quickly afterwards, Freya groaned, before turning towards the rest of the group, "I'll go get Law" she stated, before running off after the small otter. She wanted to go after Lucine, but Law was a frail little guy. She couldn't ignore him when he was on his own.

The squirrel attacks!  (Strength 2 v 5)  Law is barely able to hold off its fearsome jaws and enormous teeth with his shield!  He feels like his arms could give out at any second, and is really regretting skipping arm day.  And also everywhere else day.

------------------------------------------------------------

"I am the fearssssome dragon of the sssswamp!"  Facemelter of Faces hisses, "You wiiiill fear me!  You wiiill run!  ...Why aren't you runniiiing?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

(Intelligence 19 v 3)  Freya runs toward where she thinks Law was going, and notices a tree filled with hissing, chittering, and shaking.  It sounds a lot like two small animals are fighting in there...

Freya

As soon as Freya heard the hissing and shaking from above, the Necromancer skidded to a stop, glancing upwards just as she heard Law yell at some kind of tree rat to 'get off him'. With a frown, Freya tried to think of what she could do in this situation... Since she wasn't that good at climbing, nor did she believe Law wouldn't panic more if she sent up one of her zombies.

... Ah well, she had to try.

"Law, I'm sending up help!" Freya shouted, snapping her fingers to cause a portal to appear... Just as her small swarm of bone bats flew out and into the trees, searching for Law's assailant to help the little guy out.

"You don't really seem that scary. I can't even see you, if you're supposed to be a dragon." If it was a dragon, she might be more inclined to be afraid, but given the lack of hill-sized lizards in her field of vision, she was inclined to believe otherwise. Unless it was simply a very small dragon. "Facemelter of Faces just sounds funny, not scary. Plus, if you were really a scary dragon, you wouldn't be asking me why I wasn't running, you'd be breathing fire or roaring or eating me or something." She frowned. "Are dragons still like that here?" The dragons she'd heard of didn't even necessarily know how to talk; as far as she had heard, they were just big, scary, incredibly powerful animals, though there were legends to the contrary.