[Interest Check] Space Mecha

Shamitako

Welcome to the latest Lexi RP. If you don't like moral greys and suffering for trying to do the right thing, turn back now.

For those who stuck around: Seriously turn back.

And if you're still here, let me give you the rundown. The Grand Assembly, a coalition of planets and one of three major galactic powers, is at war with the Resanti, a race of cyborg aliens that assimilate everything in their path into their collective consciousness (no, not quite the one you're thinking of). One of the key planets taken early in this conflict was Drasis, a shipyard and staging area at the edge of the Assembly's space. when the Assembly refused to send reinforcements, the entire fleet stationed at Drasis was wiped out, save for a single ship. This ship, the Eclipse, was manned by a Drasian crew that felt betrayed and abandoned. They chose not to return to the Assembly and instead took on the role of mercenaries, performing various tasks (such as fighting off pirates) for independent systems and the third major galactic power, the Llima Empire. They gathered a crew of Striker (mecha) and Interceptor (starfighter) pilots in preparation to take their vengeance against the Resanti for the assimilation of their homeworld.

Where the players come in is those pilots. This setting has a great importance on Striker/Interceptor combat over ship-to-ship combat, though the latter is not irrelevant. Strikers are mecha primarily intended to land on enemy ships and cause as much havoc as they can, either by destroying weapons and thrusters or by punching through the hull and destroying the ship from the inside out. It's not unheard of for a single Striker to take out multiple opposing capital ships over the course of a battle. Interceptors are high-speed fighter craft built to live up to their name and intercept incoming Strikers before they can cause too much damage. As well they may intercept other Interceptors trying to intercept allied Strikers. In both cases, a talented pilot with a well-outfit craft can outperform fifty average pilots in a mass-produced craft. The players are, of course, the former. Though each has their own reasons for joining up with the Eclipse, they are all committed to helping her crew in their quest for revenge.

The RP will be a mix of flying around doing politics and fighting space battles, likely with some ridiculous antics thrown in to help mitigate the suffering of it being a Lexi RP

There's a whole lot more to cover, but I'll save that for the OOC/answering questions. Speaking of which, ask those, if I don't have an answer it will help me think of one

With Hope,

Lexi

• Support Squad

Will the striker combat be about huge titanic mechanical behemoths bound to the square/cubed law leveraging colossal weaponry or will it be anime ass Mechs pulling badass robo-jujitsu out of their asses to dunk on some star wars ships?

15 minutes ago, Felix~ said:

Will the striker combat be about huge titanic mechanical behemoths bound to the square/cubed law leveraging colossal weaponry or will it be anime ass Mechs pulling badass robo-jujitsu out of their asses to dunk on some star wars ships?

Uhhh. Not really either I don't think but probably mostly the latter because I want people to have fun and I'm pulling a lot of ideas from a VN.

Generally the main core of the fight will be about getting to the ship past the enemy Interceptors in a dogfighting type manner. And then once you're there you're going to land on their hull and start blowing shit up or punch a hole in their hull, go inside, and start blowing shit up.

This sounds a lot like Titanfall 2, which I am quite a fan of (Papa Scorch gonna cook some spice up). I'll be pretty interested, though I'd have to see the OOC to decide fully