Owner's Market (Some people won)

Alisae

I can’t really say anything to my defense, but I’ve put all my money on a certain role. The maf won’t get it when I die. But yes, everyone, please lynch a fellow townie like me. I can’t wait to see your expressions when I flip town. 

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Venus was endgamed. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Alistair was endgamed. He was a Vanilla Townie.

NickCrash was endgamed. He was a Vanilla Townie.

LykosHand survived and wins. He was a Mafia Goon.

Paul25 survived and wins. He was a Mafia Goon.

Amine Chankey3ft7 wins posthumously.

Guest Sparkin'

LATE CONSPIRACY TIME
What if the nicest guys are actually the bad guys here

I was thinking about it, but never considered it. Well, good game guys, our hero shot a mafia, but we still lost in the end.

Sorry for not following your reads Dive, but my survival was the most important thing for me. 

Congratulations to Lykos, Paul and Amine :D

You've played well

You can view actions and bidding history (for the most part) here. I got lazy with D4 because I honestly didn't think town was lynching scum today.

The discord will be up for about 24-48 hours if people want to read it and then it goes poof.

MVP is no one because tbh I don't think anyone deserves it.

Town obviously didn't play that well and what ended up happening was they blew themselves up because for the most part, scum wasn't posting. Lykos by play did somewhat decent.

When it comes to the town, there wasn't really a town member that stood out that did horribly, it was a collective loss. Everyone played a part towards that.

What's stopping me from saying Lykos is the MVP is mostly because of poor use of mechanics from scum in general.

I probably would have called the game D3 if scum bid 501$ on the Dayvig, 501$ on the rb, and 500$ on the bp.

However the fact that town managed to get their hands on the dayvig means scum was doing something wrong.

Not to mention, yall know how scum had the factional ability to hide what an item was sold for once per phase?
That never happened. I do not know why, but it never did.

Also there weren't really any real good kills that needed to happen (except maybe Dive N1) but the only kill I really understand that actually happened was the Bazaro shot.

That's a good quesiton and it would help if I payed more attention to this game but for starters.
when it comes to the Jace lynch, I kinda don't understand why that happened.

However the Newt lynch was awful, and from my PoV he was kinda obvious town.

Had Dive went for Lykos instead, this would have been a completely different game.
And it got to the point where on D3, ywall just locked yourselves into 1v1s.

Like, there was a huge battle between Venus and Dive that basicly said "at this point, we're going to lose." It was the perfect thing for scum to hide behind.
You're actually kinda lucky the game WENT to D4, but at that point ywall threw your hands in the air and said fuck it and lyched Amber when what ywall should have done (considering that it's MyLo) is re-read the thread.
Like, when it gets to late game, its best ot just reset your reads, reread the thread if possible, try to find scum through associations (since Amine DID flip thanks to Ali) and just try to work together.

Instead of working together, for the most part ywall were tearing each other apart.

Good game everyone! :D 

Omg, what?!! How did we won so early?

This time, we're evil. 1st scum in sn 2 : p

Yeah...I understood no MVP this time but it doesn't harm anyone a lot. Does it?

I mean neither Scum's faction nor Town's faction played well this time so none of us deserves that not even well played comment :sadpepe:.. even If I thought Lykos would be the mvp

Congratulations to the winning party as well as all the players who participated at this game. It's been a total Ironical game for us xD

I even feel sorry that none of us could finish our pounds aside from the one who bought that cop ability and possibly Amine did. Moreover, that ability went in vain

and was pretty worthless :/

tfw betrayed by Lykos like wtf man I'm never trusting you again

... jk good scumgame, you've earned your victory @LykosHand @Paul25 @Amine Chankey3ft7

6 hours ago, Alisae said:

MVP is no one because tbh I don't think anyone deserves it.

I disagree, Lykos has been an excellent liar imo and even though scum as a whole didn't make good use of their abilities, he's been essential for their victory. Just because town sucked and imploded doesn't mean scum's merit shouldn't be recognized. Sometimes just laying low is a sufficient strategy, as demonstrated here.

Besides I don't think denying Lykos (an individual player) recognition over something scum (a faction) did wrong is super fair to him.

6 hours ago, Alisae said:

Not to mention, yall know how scum had the factional ability to hide what an item was sold for once per phase?
That never happened. I do not know why, but it never did.

... I had no idea that was a thing

22 minutes ago, Alistair said:

I disagree, Lykos has been an excellent liar imo and even though scum as a whole didn't make good use of their abilities, he's been essential for their victory. Just because town sucked and imploded doesn't mean scum's merit shouldn't be recognized. Sometimes just laying low is a sufficient strategy, as demonstrated here.

Wasn't Lykos going to be a lynch then suddenly globally townread because people were paranoid?

Like, I will agree

Lykos had the best dayplay by far and that's kind of why I wanted to run this.

So in that regards, yeah go him.

(actually, I'd say Paul also played well at some points and maybe Nick)

But the mechanic side is also important
Lykos did bid on the dayvig, he just got outbid.

let's say after the Amine shot, ywall didn't decide to lynch Amber because of ~star wars~ and ywall thought about why you were being kept alive.

And then proceeded to lynch Paul.

Now Lykos has the chance of potentially losing in MyLo all because he didn't get the dayvig.

Completely different game mostly because he didn't try to win the dayvig right away.

That's how much influence that decision had.

But even then let's talk about the dayplay aspect.

Town had mostly free reign, and the town pushed the scum agenda for scum, especially by having multiple marketplace owners enhance the dayvig.

I would maybe feel a bit differently if scum made more of an attempt to fuel and create a situation IN THREAD (Its way easier to manipulate an individual then it is to manipulate everyone publicly btw) where town just couldn't do anything but implode on itself.

But I honestly can't see what he did to actually progress the scum wincon.

Did Lykos play well?
Sure. That's not even the question we're trying to ask here.

The question we're trying to ask is, how did Lykos contribute to the scum win?

If I'm overlooking something let me know please, because I probably am.

Well, an important thing to note is that he managed to convinced me that he was town (granted, I already had the preconceived idea that he was) all through the convo we had after I used neighbourizer on him. At any moment he could have slipped up and made me suspicious, which would have radically changed the game, but he didn't. And given how much we've talked, he had every occasion to slip up.

So mostly, congrats to him for playing along and acting every bit the same way he does when he's town. I didn't manage to read him at all; or rather he comforted my wrong read so well I just basically gave up on suspecting him and went after the players Dive had scumread instead.

Among these, the only one I was almost 100% sure was scum was Amine, which is why I used my dayvig on him (not to mention I suspected he didn't have bulletproof). I wasn't completely sure about Dive and Amber, but still chose to believe in their guilt for lack of better ideas. Lykos knew that and guided me along these misguided suspicions perfectly.

Its way easier to manipulate an individual 1 on 1 then it is to manipulate people publicly.

Your hood wasn't something that the whole town could see, so its not something that happened in thread.

Like, people can't base their reads off of your own private conversation since they don't know the contents.

This is moreso about his performance in thread.

Not to mention I think it is really easy to get on your good side.

Still think performance in this game should be evaluated not only based of off the thread, but also the things that happened on discord (and there was a bunch of them in this set up)

but whatever you do you friend

Also you're partly wrong, it's really easy for Lykos (and possibly a couple other people in this community) to get on my good side. In retrospect that's why I chose him as my target, and why I shouldn't have chosen him at the same time.

GG to everyone :D, it was a good game :) 

Yeah let's say that i did some mistakes like not bid all the money that i had on the dayvig. But it's your choice if you give or not give the MVP to one person as you're the GM. So if you think that i don't deserve the MVP, for me it's ok. 

Sorry for have betrayed you Ali xD, but i thank you for have choose me in that private chat :P. Honestly i didn't thought to kill you because i wanted you alive for have some support in case things would have gone wrong ^^. 

Anyway my opinion is to follow what the GM says, so it's ok for me even if i don't deserve the MVP :D 

Edited by LykosHand

I even assigned Lykos to be my co-owner just in case Alistair was lowkey mafia... 

I have not been so wrong in my reads before. 

I mean, I was suspicious of Paul, but nobody supported the push, so I went with it.

DigitalAmber, sorry for that. I should have known better

GG for everyone involved. 

#GiveLykosTheAwardYaStingyDedNotBinaryAwesomeThing!

8 hours ago, LykosHand said:

GG to everyone :D, it was a good game :) 

Yeah let's say that i did some mistakes like not bid all the money that i had on the dayvig. But it's your choice if you give or not give the MVP to one person as you're the GM. So if you think that i don't deserve the MVP, for me it's ok. 

Sorry for have betrayed you Ali xD, but i thank you for have choose me in that private chat :P. Honestly i didn't thought to kill you because i wanted you alive for have some support in case things would have gone wrong ^^. 

Anyway my opinion is to follow what the GM says, so it's ok for me even if i don't deserve the MVP :D 

I do think your play was really good don't get me wrong there.