Pokémon Catharsis [OOC/Sign-Ups Opened]

Ayumu

Event #1 is finished, registration is now opened.

If you're planning to join Pokemon Catharsis, then make your profile and post it here. It may not become validated by me, and I will PM you whether or not that submission is validated. You can PM me the profile, or post it here. Remember to give me your Discord.

Event #2 will start after I complete the planned events for Event #2, which could take up to a week. If you want to join for Event #2 (Providence HQ and the Mystic Trail) then post your profile. You can PM me more than one character, just that only one of your characters will get passed through. I'm not sure how many spots will be filled by the end of the Events, but we'll see.

Also, a fair warning, the role-playing is really fast and it can depend on what timezone you're in that is best for the activity. It's best that you're not in the Asian/Australian timezones, unless you are a nightowl.

Edited by Spi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liri, the Alter Mismagius.

Pokémon: Alter Mismagius (Fairy/Ghost)
Name: Liri
Personality: Has multiple personality disorder, thus multiple natures depending on her personality at the moment. The heart in her chest will change the color depending at her mood. She is very smart and most of time likes to make pranks.
Moveset: Shadow Ball, Moonblast, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Trick, Sweet Kiss, Charm, Covet
, Attract, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon                                 Ability: Protean
Font Color: Salmon
Story:  When Liri was a kid, her parents disappeared, leaving her alone. She lived at Catharsis capital, and as everything was a chaos after Avalon’s disappearance, the life there was hard. As she had no more parents and she needed money to live, she had no option other than steal food and money from the people. She started to get used to it, and started to have fun while stealing, ignoring the fact that she was alone.

Liri started to get famous around the city, as a ghost thief, and rumours started spreading.  A local gang got interested in her, and requested her to join them. As Liri just wanted fun, she thought it would be a good idea accepting the request, and then she did.

Even if the people there were nothing but thieves, they had a good heart, and Liri finally started to make friends.

One day, a strange womam came into the city. She was a very elegant and rich looking Gothitelle. Liri noticed that she had a shiny heart pendant, and the first thing she thought was about stealing it and selling it to get a great deal of money, and then she would make a surprise to the gang.

After stealing it, one thing surprised her. No fence wanted to buy that pendant, claiming that it was false and wasn’t worth buying.  As it was beautiful and no one wanted to buy it, she decided to take it for her.

Some time passed after this, and weird things started happening to Liri. She started to hear voices in her head, and to make things she wouldn’t normally want to do. But, she thought that was just a phase and it wouldn’t affect her so much, so she ignored it.

After a normal day of stealing, Liri was going back to the gang base, when she noticed something strange. The door, who had a password, was totally open, and she wasn’t hearing any sounds from inside. When she entered the room, she saw something unforgettable. All her friends were dead, and at the wall, something written in blood: “GIVE IT BACK”. She started screaming desperetaly, and the voices in her head started to get much more intense: “KILL WHO DID IT” “HMPH, YOU’RE USELESS, YOU COULDN’T STOP THIS” “OOH, SO MUCH BLOOD” “I WANT TO CRY…”

And on the spur of the moment, while Liri was desperate, something happened to her. She felt power, and she felt she was not alone there. Liri had evolved into a Mismagius, bot not a normal one. She was pink, and the heart pendant now was part of her body. She was not hearing any voices anymore, but now the voices were her.

Now Liri is looking for the Gothitelle, the one she had stolen the pendant. She wants to get revenge for her friends and for herself.

Details:

-Liri is a great thief and she is good at seducing and persuading people;

- She is very smart, so she always wait for the best moment to do something;

- If she thinks something is boring, she is not going to do it;

- Depending on her personality, she will also change her battle tactics.

Zephyr, the Alter Aurorus

Spoiler

Pokémon:  Alter Aurorus (Ice/Holy Type)

Name:  Zephyr

Personality:  Modest, quiet, empathetic, perpetually curious.  Likes to help people.

Ability:  Ice Body (regenerates slowly in hail)

Held Items:  Icy Rock (extends hail), Light Clay (Extends Aurora Veil, Safeguard, Light Screen, Reflect)

Moveset: 

Hail (makes it hail)

Aurora Veil (if hailing, greatly decreases incoming damage to self and allies)

Cure Serious Wounds (Holy-Element Wish, heals target or self 1 turn after use)

Heal Bell (whole party status cure)

Nature Power (effect varies by terrain, defaults to Tri Attack)

Blizzard (huge AOE ice attack, low accuracy outside of hail)

Calm Mind (increases special attack and special defense)

Sanctified Terrain (sets Sanctified Terrain)

Iron Defense (greatly increases physical defense)

Font Color:  Very pale blue.

Story:

Zephyr came into being under circumstances she doesn’t even know herself, as she’s never met anyone else of her species.  While she would like to know what she is someday, Zephyr is far more concerned with helping others.  From the start, she’s seen so many Pokemon spending their days fighting, stealing, and cheating, doing terrible things for scraps.  And it’s so stupid!  Half the time, they destroy the very thing they put so much effort into acquiring in the first place, and the other half it’s obviously not worth what they had to do to get it.  It’s all so silly; why can’t they all just get along?

So Zephyr set out on a self-imposed quest to drag the world into being nice, kicking and screaming if necessary.  She travels about the Catharsis region, healing and protecting everyone she feels needs it, doing her best to talk people into more peaceful and/or productive lifestyles, and trying to set an inspiring example.  Between her gigantic stature and blindingly-obvious-to-everyone-but-her holy typing, she hasn’t faced a lot of opposition.  None of the criminals or evildoers she’s run into thus far have wanted to tangle with a nine foot tall, sixteen foot long sauropod behemoth radiating chilly, sanctified power, sparkles, and an unflappably positive attitude like a lighthouse.  She has picked up a few self-defense tricks from the people she’s helped, desperate to try to increase the lifespan of their apparently suicidal benefactor as much as they can.  However, disappointed looks and gentle encouragement to give peace a chance has served her perfectly well thus far.

Details:

Spoiler

Sanctified Terrain:  Grounded Pokemon take neutral damage from attacks that would hit them super-effectively.  Holy attacks from grounded Pokemon deal 50% more damage.  Nature Power becomes Starlance (like Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower, except Holy Element and has a 10% chance to reduce accuracy).  Camouflage causes the user to become Holy-type.  The Holy Censer consumable item grants the holder +1 speed when Sanctified Terrain is set.  Secret Power may reduce evasion.  Z-Sanctified Terrain increases the holder’s speed 1 stage in addition to setting the terrain.

Thinks she’s a pure ice type.  Only has a vague idea of what Holy Types are and do.

Extremely patient; volcanic temper should that patience be exhausted.

Sometimes comes to different conclusions than everyone else would from available evidence.  As a prehistoric Pokemon, she doesn’t reason exactly like modern Pokemon would.

Refuses to eat beech leaves; loves oak leaves.

Somewhat fuzzy on the concepts of ‘hot’ and ‘cold’.

Modest nature.

Wears expansive saddlebags.

Was definitely revived from a Sail Fossil for a purpose.

Is almost certainly not fulfilling that purpose.

Serin Arcadian Nephal

Spoiler

Pokémon: Gliscor (Non-Alter)

Name: Serin Arcadan Nephal 

Personality: Bratty, Conniving, Sadistic(enjoys watching suffering, but only enjoys inflicting small bits of suffering), Stealthy, Tries to be manipulative, mischievous, 

Moveset: Guillotine, Sky Uppercut, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Acrobatics, Throat Chop, Thief, Poison Jab, Will-o-wisp, Leech Life, Drill Run

Held items: Scope Lens and Willo-Wisp Pendent, Psychic Knot, Mind Reader Pendent

abillity: Toxic Heal

Font: Pumpkin

Story

Serin has always lived a life of luxury. His father, Arcadan Nephal, was the leader of a pirate organization known as SkyFire. He spent most of his early life being pampered and training to eventually take over for his father. Eventually his father died and he was thrust into leadership of the gang. Due to his age, his father’s chief advisor became the equivalent of a regent. Eventually the time came for him to become the leader officially. A few months after he became the leader, one of his followers lashed out at him. He did it citing, “This wannabe prince is not leadership material and is a disgrace to Arcadan’s legacy”. He left the gang weeks later, leaving it in the hands of his former regent. Although he still holds power within the gang, his power has diminished from what it once was. He has killed a few times, as he usually gets others to kill to him, and is disgusted by it. Although he can’t bring himself to stop fully stop stealing or officially cut ties with SkyFire, he makes an effort to. Recently he has been using his underworld notoriety to eliminate the figureheads of gangs.  

Details: 

He had a fire pendent made for him, but it using high powered

He has an Anchor Shaped tail stinger

The female Crobat regent of SkyFire is named Rinnla. 

The symbol of SkyFire is an orange circle with a winged anchor in the center

He wears an eyepatch over his right eye due to an insubordination issue. 

He has a slight accent

•  

•  
Edited by DigitalAmber

So that's all of the submissions? I'm about to start the Event #2 soon. If anyone else would like to join, submit your profiles here by today. I'm starting the Event #2 most likely by today or tonight EST. 

EDIT: Okay, Event #2 is underway...

Edited by Spi

• 3 weeks later...

Event #2 is finished, registration is now opened.

If you're planning to join Pokemon Catharsis, then make your profile and post it here. It may not become validated by me, and I will PM you whether or not that submission is validated. You can PM me the profile, or post it here. Remember to give me your Discord.

Event #3 will start after I complete the planned events for Event #3, which could take up to a week. If you want to join for Event #3 (Avalon's Core and the Hermetic Sky Castle) then post your profile. You can PM me more than one character, just that only one of your characters will get passed through. I'm not sure how many spots will be filled by the end of the Events, but we'll see.

Also, a fair warning, the role-playing is really fast and it can depend on what timezone you're in that is best for the activity. It's best that you're not in the Asian/Australian timezones, unless you are a nightowl.

Note: This might be the final event intermission to join the RP. I haven't fully decided if next event will have more people, but we'll see.

Spoiler

Pokémon: Alter Zebstrika

Name: Shirone

Ability: Magic Guard

Nature: Mild

Type: Holy/Flying

Personality: Quiet, Gentle, Sassy

Font Color: Yellow

Moves: Starlance, Air Slash, Dazzling Gleam, Drill Peck, Reflect, Light Screen, Heal Bell, Extremespeed, Roost, Tailwind, Bellerophon(Z-Move)

Story: When Shirou was exploring outside the capital town of where Avalon lived, Shirou found an abandoned egg that was found in an old Pokémon monastery as a Lucario, about 1 to 3 years after Avalon's disappearance. When the egg hatched, it came out a baby Blitzle. Shirou noticed it had a white coat with no stripes and saw it had a small horn on its head. Shirou realized the egg that hatched was an alter Pokémon that was born in a different environment. Shirou assumed that the egg had been around the holy Pokémon monastery enough that the egg was blessed that it could tell one thing at least. The Baby Blitzle was a Holy type.

When Shirou is not busy, he would raise and take care of the Blitzle along with Elysian till it was old enough to take care of itself. Shirou named her Shirone. Shirone decided it wanted to stay with Shirou since she thought of Shirou as a friend despite being raised by Shirou as his daughter. When it eventually evolved after a few years it evolved into an Alter Zebstrika which became a Holy/Flying type. When Shirou saw it evolved it retain its white coat but it had grown a large pair of wings. Shirou had thought it became part flying type because of its wings and learned her ability was Magic Guard. Shirou and Elysian trained with her when they are not busy as well as Shirou teaching her some moves along with the way with other allied Pokémon as they tutored her. Shirou had noticed that she loves to fly and likes Shirou to mount on her.

Shirou and Shirone became a good team together when they have missions that has them travel in long distances since Shirone is able to fly and is a fast flyer.

Z-Move

Bellerophon

BP 230

ACC: 100

PP: 1

Type: Holy (Physical)

Ignores moves like Protect, Detect, King Shield. Breaks Reflect/Light Screen. User must recharge after using it. Ignores Wonder Guard like abilities.

Shirone The Alter Zebstrika

Edited by phoenixknight545

• 4 weeks later...

Posted this here to put the checkpoint where Event #3 started, wish I could've done this earlier.

Here are all of the known events in Pokemon Catharsis:

Event #1 - Rebirth of Providence and the Psychic Athenaeum

Event #2 - Providence HQ and the Mystic Trail

Event #3 - Avalon's Core and the Hermetic Sky Castle

Event #4 - The Misty Eclipse

Event #5 - 333's Dimension

Event #3 is going to take a while to complete, since this event is longer than the others.

I've decided to open sign-ups early for Event #4, because it's easier for people to enter during this framework of time before they enter the RP. The next event is Event #4: The Misty Eclipse, starting at Providence HQ. If you're joining the RP, post your character profiles here. However, don't post in the ongoing current event because that event is locked with characters that joined in the previous openings.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a big lurker on this forum and didn't even have an account, but when I heard about a Mystery Dungeon-based RP I couldn't resist :P. I hope I'm not too late!

Here's my profile. I had fun making it!

Spoiler

Pokémon:
Alolan Ninetales
((Instead of being Alolan or an Alter in particular, I'd imagine Ice-type Ninetales to just have evolved in cold climates of Catharsis.))

Name:
Rivalin

Personality:
Ironically, Rivalin is more close to a stereotypical Fire-type personality wise. He isan extremely snarky and blunt Pokémon. He tends to speak what's on his mind, regardless of the consequences. This leads him to being rather insulting or offensive to others, since he ignores how others feel. He lacks patience and gets irritated quickly and easily, and hates others looking down on him. He is also a rather immature Pokémon.

Rivalin is rather narcissistic and egotistical. He always blames his downfalls or issues on someone else. He refuses to see his own actions as incorrect and his selfish-ness as a flaw. He constantly tries to make himself look better than he actually is, and he is generally a rather competitive Pokémon. If he feels like someone personally insulted him in someway, he'll try and pick a fight with them (unless he knows that he'll lose, then he'll insult them from afar).

Despite his snarkiness and temper, Rivalin is also very analytical and observant. He learns things very quickly. However, he has severe trust issues and paranoia, and always thinks others have an ulterior motive. His immaturity ties in here since he tends to expect Pokémon to fall under certain traits he's imposed on them in his mind.

In actuality, under all of his biting claims and snarky remarks, Rivalin is a pretty emotional Pokémon. He gets flustered easily, and panics in more personal situations. He doesn't like to feel doubt about himself, or to regret anything he's done, so he tends to run away from his own problems. He is rather squeamish, and the very thought of killing someone makes him feel ill. His freedom to do what he wishes is his most valued aspect, even if his wishes are ill-intended. 

Moveset:
Rivalin has the bite behind his bark, and is an extremely good battler. His adaptability and analytical abilities allow him to strategize his methods against opponents quickly and efficiently. 
His style focuses on crippling the opponent as much as possible and not even giving them the chance to fight back. His Snow Warning ability allows him to summon Hail whenever he pleases.
He is not above using underhanded ((underpawed??)) tactics or extremely shady tricks to win.

Blizzard: Rivalin's most powerful move. Usually has lower accuracy, but in Hail he is able to completely overwhelm his opponent.
Moonblast: For single targets. The second most powerful attack he has. Usually for finishing foes off.
Dazzling Gleam: For multiple targets. Also used as a distraction and temporarily blinds an opponent.
Rain Dance: Usually solely used for one of his sneaky tricks, and he pairs this move with Freeze Dry.
Freeze Dry: Paired with Rain Dance. First, he uses Rain Dance in battle. Once his opponents are covered in water, he uses Freeze Dry and freezes them in place. Then he attacks them when they cannot move.
Nasty Plot: Self explanatory.
Dark Pulse: Move for variety.
Ice Shard: Extremely fast move. He starts off his battles using this so he can steal the first attack.
Protect: If he can't get away from an opponent in time. He tries to use this one as little as possible since he doesn't like defensive ways.
Hypnosis: He doesn't use this one in battle that much, it's mostly when he's being mean to people.
Sheer Cold: His last resort, all for nothing attack. Only used in emergencies.
Extrasensory: Coverage move. Disorients opponents.
Psyshock: Coverage move.

Font Color:
Sky Blue

Story:
Rivalin was born to a family of criminals who were all members of a mafia group called the "Cardinal Code". All of his family was exclusively Fire-type.

Rivalin's mother was a Flareon named Ruby, and his father is an Alolan Ninetales named Akiho. Akiho was formerly apart of Avalon's army. After Avalon's disappearance, Akiho became desperate and turned to petty crime to sustain himself. He met Ruby the Flareon through here, and was integrated into the Cardinal Code. Rivalin was eventually born to them. However, after some time, he began to have second thoughts about his actions.

In a raid from several of Avalon's former soldiers, Cardinal Code had many losses. Since Akiho went missing in the raid, it was assumed he was one of them.

Ruby raised Rivalin on her own from there. She served as Rivalin's own mentor. The dramatically different fighting techniques of Fire and Ice types led to Rivalin developing his own techniques to try and mimic the Fire-typing's style. He figured out how to precisely manipulate the temperature of the ice he summoned, which paved way into his technique of making the ice's temperature so low, it felt like it was burning. 

The Cardinal Code began to expand rapidly and actually started taking over places. Within only a few years they became more than a family group of thugs, but a full-blown dictatorship. They had amassed massive control over a portion of Catharsis and ruled it with an iron fist. Rivalin was raised upon hurting Pokémon and helping the Cardinal Code take places over, and he never realised what he was doing was wrong.

After several years of this spreading dictatorship, Rivalin's father suddenly returned. He had not been actually killed in the raid, but had joined back with those Avalom soldiers. Akiho led a widespread assault against the Cardinal Code, accompanied by former Avalon soldiers and other liberators. Pokémon living within the areas taken over by the Cardinal Code joined the attack in a giant revolt.

It became a warzone very quickly. After a few days of constant fighting between the two and Akiho's forces holding the Cardinal Code in siege, Rivalin and his father met each other again for the first time in years. His father was unwilling to fight, but Rivalin was too enraged to listen to anything he said. They fought for a bit and were rather evenly matched, until Akiho Mega-Evolved. Right before Rivalin was about to lose, his mother Ruby jumped in instead and fought Akiho.

After a long battle, Rivalin's mother was defeated and killed by Rivalin's father, with Rivalin bearing witness. Rivalin's family had been completely crushed in the rebellion, and all the areas were freed from dictatorship. 

Rivalin was caught by his father's army, but they spared his life under his father's request. They decided to use Rivalin's abilities for good actions, and have enlisted him to be a reformer as well, and atone for his crimes.

And with that, he ends up a reluctant member of the newly founded group of Providence under his father's recomendation. He has been given his father's mega stone, which when used it gives a Ninetales the ability Infilitrator, which is needed to bypass Fae's Light's Holy Barriers.
Secretly, he plans to (or at least attempt lol) use the group to advance in power and position so he can get back to being a criminal gain, but maybe Providence will actually change him for the better...?

Details:

-Rivalin is a compulsive liar. He'll lie about even the smallest of things, anything that will make him look better than he actually is. However, this doesn't mean he's an expert liar. Some Pokémon will probably see right through him immediately :P

-Despite his violent lifestyle and aggressive personality, Rivalin has never killed anyone before. Although he will certainly claim he has since he wants to look cooler, the actual thought of murder actually frightens him (but he would never admit that).

- Has small pouch tied to his right foreleg, holds some coins, a Sitrus Berry and a Lum Berry, and a Fire Gem. His mega stone is also strapped onto his foreleg.

- Rivalin hates spicy and sour food, but loves sweet food. His favorite berry is obviously a Pecha Berry.

- Rivalin has a phobia of his mega stone, since he witnessed his father using it to kill his mother and much of his family in the Crimson Code, and he is extremely reluctant to use it. This mental disconnect to his mega stone causes malfunctions in his form, and it "flickers" sometimes. 

Sorry for the text wall!

Edited by Chromein

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Pokemon: Alter Lopunny (Ghost/Fighting)

Name: Cyn

Personality: Cyn is often cold, blunt, and reserved, preferring to work alone and mocking the others' attempts to be cooperative, even bluntly stating that they are not friends. However, she does not appear to be as actively mean as she seems. Usually when she answers to the other pokémon with cruel words, it is because they bothered her when she wanted to be left alone. It also appears that she's the opposit of her Father, as she refuses to use swear words and is completely disgusted by vulgar words and behavior, and anything she considers barbaric.

Moveset: Fake Out, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Agility, Double Kick, Shadow Punch, Return, Double Team and Dizzy Punch.

Font Colour: Light orange

Story: Cyn lost her biological father when she was still a Buneary. Her mom, not wanting to leave her child father-less, soon got married again. She married a Diggersby knows as Kelden. He mistreated her and Cyn badly, he roughed them up for the tiniest mistake. He treated them like servants. Cyn and her mother could not escape either. The region was infested with rogues, thugs and criminals. She would defend her child even if it ment loosing her life, but she knew too well that she was a lot weaker than many of the pokemon that could attack them if they dare to escape their underground house. Kelden did not care about the well being of Cyn, nor her Mother. He spent all of their money on beer, as if to drink his sorrows away.

One day he asked for more money from Cyn's mom Natalie, but the Alter Lopunny, of myterious origins, told him that they do not have a single pokedollar left, that he spent all of it. And so, Cyn was forced ,by her step-father, to join a gang so that she can earn money to pay for his beer.

The gang was led by an alter Gengar, who forced Cyn to fight in an illegal fight club, a place where a plethora of thugs and gang members held tournaments in which the winner gets rewarded immensly, so that she can earn money for his gang,and for her step-dad. Battle after battle, Cyn became stronger and stronger, and eventually she evolved and learnt new moves. But not only her body changed, Cyn becamse cold, blunt and did not trust anyone. She could only trust her mom, and she did not even know if she was doing well, that Diggersby must be mistreating her a lot. Oh how she hated him, she had always been the opposite of him, she did not curse, she did not appreciate cursing or savage behaviour, and she prepefered to stay alone most of the time. Gengar promised that if she won the fight club's champion battle, he would reward her immensly. Her oponent was a vicious Hydreigon, that could mega evolve. Luckily her Mother told her a little about mega evolution, so she knew that this Hydreigon will not go down easily. The battle continued for almost 2 hours, she was super tired, she felt that she would collapse at any moment, but she summoned her strength and fought with all she had, she took a defensive strategy to wear her enemy down first, and then she procceeded to attack. An hour or so later, Cyn was successful in defeating Mega Hydreigon, earning her a Mega Lopunnite from Gengar, who kept his word.

With the fight club tournament behind her, Cyn decided it was time to save her mother from the life do endless servitude. It did not take long for her to find her way back home. The illegal fight club was not too far. An hour or two later, she was there, and as son as she stepped in, she saw something that made her even more furious than she was: Diggersby was attacking the wlearly weak Lopunny. Natalie did not eat properly, her husband didn't care if she did. He only cared about his beer. Cyn, immediately, mega-evloved and summoned every ounce of strength she had. Diggersby was no match for her newfound power, she wasn't that scared little Buneary anymore. She had matured a lot during the relatively short time. Diggersby couldn't take more hits from Cyn, so he ran away as fast as he could, never to be seen again.

With him gone, Cyn used the immense sum of money that she won from the tournament, and took care of her mother so she could regain her health.

• 2 weeks later...

Event #3 is finished, registration is still opened.

If you're planning to join Pokemon Catharsis, then make your profile and post it here. It may not become validated by me, and I will PM you whether or not that submission is validated. You can PM me the profile, or post it here. Remember to give me your Discord.

Event #4 will start after I complete the planned events for Event #4, which could take up to a week. If you want to join for Event #4 (The Misty Eclipse) then post your profile. You can PM me more than one character, just that only one of your characters will get passed through. I'm not sure how many spots will be filled by the end of the Events, but we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...