Trying to Beat Shade.....Help

Kaizon

Hi people!

I am once again in need if your assistance.

I'm stuck on Shade! I've been trying different combinations, but i struggle getting passed his Rotom. Here is my team:

Pansear - Level 39 - Bite, Flame Burst, Flame Blast, Acrobatics

Dusclops - Level 39 - Shadow Sneak, Pursuit, Shadow Punch, Curse

Trubbish - Level 34 - Sludge Bomb, Take Down, Poison Spikes (the only reason i have Trubbish is to lay the spikes), Clear Smog

Graveler (With a Rock Gem)  - Level 38 - Rock Blast, Smack Down, Bulldoze, Stealth Rock

Growlithe  - Level 40 - Crunch, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Close Combat

Pachirisu - Level 40 - Spark, Thunder Wave, Sweet Kiss, Electro Ball

OTHER HIGH LEVEL POKEMON:

Kricketune  - Level 39 -

Noctowl - Level 37 -

Cubchoo - Level 35 -

Magnemite - Level 32 -

Bayleef - Level 31 -

Use noctowl against him. Same as magnemite ( evolve him to magneton ) with the field , make sure he has sturdy , it can help a lot. 

Did you used the link stone ? If no , use it to evolve graveler or catch a boldore to evolve him into gigalith.

Noctowl , dusclops , magneton , golem/gigalith , use a fire stone to evolve your growlith into arcanine , and evolve trubbish too.

Edited by Zarc

No, don't evolve Growlithe just yet! It can still learn Flare Blitz and Outrage.

Evolve your Graveler or a Boldore with the Link Stone.

Heliolisk does a better job than Pachirisu in general, and than everything else vs Shade. If you have the time to grind up, go get it.

As mentioned above, evolve Trubbish. It's not going to be useful for much longer. You might as well use it now.

Step 1: train your Magnemite and evolve it into Magneton.

Step 2:.teach it Charge Beam.

Step 3: open the battle with it.

Step 4: spam Charge Beam on Gengar until you get at least +2 special attack. Heal when needed.

Step 5: use your boosted Magneton to OHKO Gengar, Doublade, Banette and Trevenant.

Step 6: ???

Step 7: profit.

On the right of Lapis Ward , just near the Grand Gateway ( i think it’s this name ? ) , where you fought Aster and Eclipse alongside Victoria. There is a man selling one

Edited by Zarc

32 minutes ago, Kaizon said:

Thanks everyone! I just beat Shade!

you think shade is hard just wait till the other gym battles and the story based battles. in some battles(no spoilers) i luckily won with 1 hp. before you progress any further i suggest that you get driffloon form the event cause he has destiny bond when you catch him and it will be useful in most situations and is suggest you join team aqua in the gangs as they give a carvanha who will be useful in the futue(also cause he has destiny bond).also i suggest you try and defeat the garchomp battle on the volcano as it will help ease a battle later in the story otherwise that battle would be difficult

Edited by Iron Avenger

I have been shade twice in my life, and I have done it starting off with the exact same Pokemon. Nidoqueen.

Holy fuck this Pokemon is my Saint Juan De Arc when going up against shade. Without her, I would still be probably trying to face em today (maybe not).

You get the Nidorina that you can find in the cave above the Jasper Ward (As well as the ring you need to befriend it) and basically make sure to grind her up to the highest level you can. Also, you need to evolve it to Nidoqueen and make sure it has the ability sheer force and knows Bite. Even with this, it took many tries for me to beat em but damn was it ruthless and entertaining, and it is downright my favourite Pokemon gym battle ever in my Life. Nidoqueen can also be useful later on and found in my first playthrough using her all the way up to the fire gym leader.

4 minutes ago, Iron Avenger said:

you think shade is hard just wait till the other gym battles and the story based battles. in some battles(no spoilers) i luckily won with 1 hp. before you progress any further i suggest that you get driffloon form the event cause he has destiny bond when you catch him and it will be useful in most situations and is suggest you join team aqua in the gangs as they give a carvanha who will be useful in the futue(also cause he has destiny bond).

Oh yeah, I used Cactune (During eps. 15 playthrough. Don't know if still available)for destiny bond and especially helped me with...

Spoiler

Arceus.

1 minute ago, Iron Avenger said:

is that how you beat the

Hide contents

Pulse Swalot

or did you use another method

You can. I think I did that in my first playthrough. In my second... I can't really remember but I think I status effect the hell out of it. Personally, I think you should use an electric type to defeat it (It's its primary weakness.)

19 hours ago, Alistair said:

Congrats! Shade isn't the toughest by a long way, but can still be quite the challenge if your team isn't suited to facing him. Well, that's true for most leaders I suppose.

Good luck with the others~

Yeah...now i'm fighting Kiki......ugh!

3 hours ago, Kaizon said:

Yeah...now i'm fighting Kiki......ugh!

Basically, you need some mon that can outspeed Kiki's mons, because Kiki have some great coverage moves on her pokemons. Or hunt 1 or 2 focus sashes and give it to your ace mon. 

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

1 hour ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Basically, you need some mon that can outspeed Kiki's mons, because Kiki have some great coverage moves on her pokemons. Or hunt 1 or 2 focus sashes and give it to your ace mon. 

How can you "hunt" Focus Sashes? There is only 1 till Kiki in game, and I'd probably save it for the Garchomp fight, or Dittoceus one...

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

Kiki has a Key weakness: Swoobat

Her Machamp though can survive a Psychic (even if boosted by field), and prevents Swoobat from setting up with Rock Slide.

Lucario also takes neutral damage by Psychic and will survive one if Swoobat hasn't used Calm Mind.

Gotta find the opportunity to set up, since Swoobat's defenses are rubbish, so it will get OHKO'ed by any Physical attack that isn't resisted.