League of Legends Screenshots

Mashew

lw1310.jpg

1. I move around my items because it feels more comfortable using 2 and 5 for DFG and such. Works with my fingers better.

2. Karma is full of it, she's my friend irl and found each other on opposite teams on team builder lol. She mains Mid.

3. I thought for the love of God that I was the only one who absolutely loves the new Ahri splash. Ahri has been my favourite Champion since day 1 (with Yasuo) and I'm so glad to see her cast in a light of elegance, beauty, and mystery over a light of sexual allure. I mean, I get her Lore, but I think mystery and beauty kinda matches the character better... So, THANK you, Annie Leonhardt.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lw1310.jpg

1. I move around my items because it feels more comfortable using 2 and 5 for DFG and such. Works with my fingers better.

2. Karma is full of it, she's my friend irl and found each other on opposite teams on team builder lol. She mains Mid.

3. I thought for the love of God that I was the only one who absolutely loves the new Ahri splash. Ahri has been my favourite Champion since day 1 (with Yasuo) and I'm so glad to see her cast in a light of elegance, beauty, and mystery over a light of sexual allure. I mean, I get her Lore, but I think mystery and beauty kinda matches the character better... So, THANK you, Annie Leonhardt.

2 sexy 5 u

as a previous ahri main, I love her too and still enjoy playing her. I frown upon the Liandry's, however. It's generally a weak item - especially on Ahri who cant even proc the double damage of it, and because she's a bursty mage/assassin, and Liandry's is more for sustained damage.

When I used Ahri, I had a build something along the lines of..

DFG/Sorc Shoes/Zhonyas/Rabadons/VoidStaff/Some defensive item such as Banshees Veil OR an Abyssal Scepter.

In the end, it's what you like and think works best for you! Keep experimenting, keep playing.

holy shit i just gave advice instead of getting some wtf i feel like im old is that what its like to be a parent

2 sexy 5 u

as a previous ahri main, I love her too and still enjoy playing her. I frown upon the Liandry's, however. It's generally a weak item - especially on Ahri who cant even proc the double damage of it, and because she's a bursty mage/assassin, and Liandry's is more for sustained damage.

When I used Ahri, I had a build something along the lines of..

DFG/Sorc Shoes/Zhonyas/Rabadons/VoidStaff/Some defensive item such as Banshees Veil OR an Abyssal Scepter.

In the end, it's what you like and think works best for you! Keep experimenting, keep playing.

holy shit i just gave advice instead of getting some wtf i feel like im old is that what its like to be a parent

I'll take your advice gladly. Ahri has been my favourite Champion since I started League, but the Mid lane intimidation factor has kept me away. I tried Liandry's just as an experiment and suggestion from Karma. The game following I was against a Zed and felt going into Zhonya's early. But any other parental guidance for heavy hitter Mids like Yasuo and Zed?

• Administrators

I'll pull the 'former Ahri main' card too, since I have like 600 games on her or something stupid like that. Shiri's build suggest is pretty good, but additionally if you feel the need for sustained damage, (i.e you're against a tanky team or can't really burst anyone) you can really abuse her W's scaling. First, each individual foxfire counts as a single target spell meaning you get a full slow off of Rylai's from all three of them. On top of that at max rank and with decent CDR it'll have about a 3 second cooldown making it perfect to abuse Lich Bane. Factor in Lich Bane's movement speed to the full Rylai slow x3 and Ahri becomes extremely efficient kiting and dealing consistent damage, even when her ult is on CD.

I'll pull the 'former Ahri main' card too, since I have like 600 games on her or something stupid like that. Shiri's build suggest is pretty good, but additionally if you feel the need for sustained damage, (i.e you're against a tanky team or can't really burst anyone) you can really abuse her W's scaling. First, each individual foxfire counts as a single target spell meaning you get a full slow off of Rylai's from all three of them. On top of that at max rank and with decent CDR it'll have about a 3 second cooldown making it perfect to abuse Lich Bane. Factor in Lich Bane's movement speed to the full Rylai slow x3 and Ahri becomes extremely efficient kiting and dealing consistent damage, even when her ult is on CD.

I had thought about Rylai's considering it seems to be a very prevalent item built on skill shot Champions including Vel'Koz and the occasional Xerath. But I never realized each individual Foxfire would proc it. Nifty.

Also, nearly everyone who has (very kindly and I very much appreciate it) given their advice of piece has been a "former Ahri main". So. I'm unsure if that's in regard to her history of nerfs or if the bandwagon got too full and broke down.

Also, something I've had some confusion about is, most of the guides I've read tell me one of two things, being max Q first and E next, or max Q first and W next. Ahri's an amazing Champion I've loved before I even knew what League of Legends was (concept art changes lives), so any nudge in the right direction is highly appreciated.

• Administrators

Ahri's popularity reached a peak at the end of season 3 before her rework... it's probable that there were a lot of people 'maining' Ahri around that time because she was so FotM. The rework made her much more dependent on hitting her E, which took a lot of that strength and subsequently popularity away.

Personally, I've played her since the day she was released. I knew well before then that should would be my favorite champion, and acted accordingly. The only reason I don't play her now more is because Jinx came out and I enjoy her a bit more, and shifted to playing primarily ADC. Ahri's still my bbgurl on mid.

I can't think of a reason to max E second. It's typical for utility-based abilities on any champion to be maxed last, and that's no different for Ahri. Your E is going to be useful no matter how many points are in it; your W needs an investment to get going. Plus, from maxing E all you get is damage and CC duration. If the cooldown reduced on level it might be a different story, but as it is while the duration is great, chances are if you land an even a level 1 E with your ult up, the target is going to die or come close. You gain little by maxing it, and risk not having enough damage on W regardless of if you hit the charm or not.

I didn't start playing until the... I'm not sure if this means anything to you, but the release of Super Galaxy Rumble skin but played nothing Bot games until Lv. 26 or so, which was a little over three months ago so I've only known her as what she is now. My last few games have been by maxing Q then W and it's been noticeably more successful. Also, I took your previous advice on Rylai's and Lich Bane and just a few minutes ago finished the match with a solid win.

lw1410.png

I mean, I don't think I can really use this as en example of success considering their team's lineup was weird. Jinx Mid, duo Top. ADC with Heal and Support with Ignite...

I mean, despite the Yi. Anyways, it worked wonders.

Edited by Flynn

Adc with heal and support with ignite is actually quite normal. You can provide a lot of damage to lower the opponent for your adc plus you can ruin a champion's life steal/summ heal with the grievous wounds. What is more disgusting is the amount of heals on your team I must say.

Well, I saw Ahri when I started, which was... around the time Jinx was released? Really can't remember the day I started, just know it was around about then. Anyway, I saw her and really liked her concept so I ended up maining her after someone bought me her, until I then discovered a few other champions and moved on from being an Ahri main. I had no idea what FotM was, or even what the LCS was at that time so I was playing her based on her playstyle and things like that, but then I saw Riven.

Vs. AD mids such as Yasuo or Zed, it's very much advised to get a Zhonyas early to block their damage either completely with the active, or block some of it with the armour it gives. Just another note, vs heavy regen champions such as Swain or Mundo, it can be worth it to invest in a Morellonomicon.

>sees 2 sunfires

>raises hand in disapproval

>lowers after seeing pun

Fun fact that anyone who has the ability to can discredit me on as I'm not 100% sure myself, there was a time where you could stack Sunfire Capes, and the passive wasn't unique so 5/6 Sunfire Cape Garen was ridiculous and there was even 5 Sunfire/Boots of Mobility Evelynn and you could burn people from invisibility.

Ahri's popularity reached a peak at the end of season 3 before her rework... it's probable that there were a lot of people 'maining' Ahri around that time because she was so FotM. The rework made her much more dependent on hitting her E, which took a lot of that strength and subsequently popularity away.

Personally, I've played her since the day she was released. I knew well before then that should would be my favorite champion, and acted accordingly. The only reason I don't play her now more is because Jinx came out and I enjoy her a bit more, and shifted to playing primarily ADC. Ahri's still my bbgurl on mid.

I can't think of a reason to max E second. It's typical for utility-based abilities on any champion to be maxed last, and that's no different for Ahri. Your E is going to be useful no matter how many points are in it; your W needs an investment to get going. Plus, from maxing E all you get is damage and CC duration. If the cooldown reduced on level it might be a different story, but as it is while the duration is great, chances are if you land an even a level 1 E with your ult up, the target is going to die or come close. You gain little by maxing it, and risk not having enough damage on W regardless of if you hit the charm or not.

Build a dfg and target will die. Ahri's burst after dfg is crazy, not nearly as crazy as syndra's but still amazing.

Fun fact that anyone who has the ability to can discredit me on as I'm not 100% sure myself, there was a time where you could stack Sunfire Capes, and the passive wasn't unique so 5/6 Sunfire Cape Garen was ridiculous and there was even 5 Sunfire/Boots of Mobility Evelynn and you could burn people from invisibility.

That was a looooong time ago. The Ionia vs Noxus patch four years ago was when the aura became unique. Shaco was able to stack the aura with his clone for the longest time though. I don't even know if they got rid of that (they probably did).

Now for a screenshot...

M7lxGZm.png

Zed should never ever EVER lose lane to AP Ezreal, never mind get completely bent over in lane to the point of ragequitting...anyway I feel like Rengar was the unsung hero in this match, all the right ganks to really get the ball rolling for our team.

• Developers

Confirmation that you could in fact stack sunfires

also confirmation that i should read other posts before posting

anyway i got a second one cause i was dead and we were about to win and i had like 1675 gold with a giants belt so i decided why not