Anyone doing a second run through Reborn for E17?

uberle

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Zarc said:

If i have to do another run , it gonna be on CoM only. I did a couple of runs but except my eevolution one , i never finished them :) 

But Commander decided to discontinue the mod.So are going to replay episode 16 of Hardcore CoM?

I am currently on my 4th run. 

I've made my first when I shamelessly chose Blaziken, my second which was a MonoGen (Gen2), a third which was a Nuzlocke ended by Elias, and now a fourth in which I am mainly using pokemon I didn't in my previous runs. 

I'll finish with my current save file (which is after Radomus right now) and then make a fresh new start when E17 comes out, because there are 14 Gen7 pokemon I would like to use. For someone who wouldn't buy any slow paced Nintendo games, this is an ideal alternative.

Gonna play ep17 on my original save file, then might start a new game if enough new things are added/changed; in all honesty I might just play through the whole thing if Salandit/Salazzle is included, because as I found out in Rejuvenation, Salazzle is fairly broken/awesome

I'll see if I can do Ghost-mono run now that it's possible without hacking any mon. I always play Pokemon with mono-team now and I kinda got bored with my Grass-team ever since it destroyed Charlotte with two tries ^^" Ghost type should be more challenging due to how limited the choice is~

5 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Couldn't wait for ep 17 and i already started a new, fresh, thorough run, of ep 16! Reborn isn't long, unless you change/rotate lots of pokemon and go after the pokedex completion... And yet, with lucky egg, money abuse and rare candies, not even that is tedious or especially time consuming, anyway.

I might or might not start another, new, ep 17 full-play (most probably not, though, because i fear that player-friendly glitches will be fixed, like easy money gain, strength glitch etc). But i am going to add Alolan Muk (for power) and Alolan Exeggutor (for like), first thing! Most probably replacing my Arbok and Cacturne, respectively...

May I ask what the strength glitch is? Never heard of it.

1 minute ago, GS BALL said:

1. Places with strength puzzle and boulder sliding, you go to one of those.

2. Move boulder slightly, go on the place where boulder initially was, save game, reset.

3. Boulder is back and you are "inside" it, much like the old gen 1 "stuck inside tree that can be cut" glitch.

4. Using boulder as a natural "stopper", you can traverse the landscape in ways that normally shouldn't been available.

Bests uses for this are:

1. Getting Life Orb early (from cave inside North Aventurine Woods in Route 1)

2. Returning to Reborn region from Agate region, by using the long system of caves, tunnels and water masses

Hmm, I didn't even know that a life orb was obtainable. I guess I should go through the map again once or twice. Thanks bruh :)

Just now, GS BALL said:

Just to be safe, you know the "trainer item steal glitch"? 

No. I just heard that when you steal the item of opponent in the trainer battle, it goes back to the trainer after the battle, but I didn't try it myself.

44 minutes ago, Phi-Bi said:

I'll see if I can do Ghost-mono run now that it's possible without hacking any mon. I always play Pokemon with mono-team now and I kinda got bored with my Grass-team ever since it destroyed Charlotte with two tries ^^" Ghost type should be more challenging due to how limited the choice is~

You lost interest in your Grass mono BEFORE facing Ciel? Hmmmm, that's a bit fishy... :P 

15 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Elemental monkeys.

Thief -> Fling -> Recycle

Use against a trainer with a guaranteed rare item you want (clown Indra has all choice items, for example)

Lots of brand new info. And I thought I knew Reborn :D:D

I'm definitely going to do another run so that I can get all those character affinity points which my current save doesn't have. But a month or two? Christ, it'll take me a couple of days at most to clear it unless I decide to do some serious breeding in the middle of my playthrough. I don't care about Gen VII so I probably won't be using anything other than maybe that grass starter. Wish there was a way to port my bred/EV trained mons between save files though.

18 hours ago, iDunno said:

I'm probably gonna do a new run with Sandbox Mode (so I don't have to go to the trouble of training new Pokemon from scratch), just to see what has changed. Not gonna abandon my Main Game savefile though, I'm too attached to it.

Seel used Transform!

...In all seriousness, yeah, that's pretty much what I'm doing, though I'll skip Sandbox in this case since the grind isn't too bad with a team of 6.

1 hour ago, Gheist said:

I'm definitely going to do another run so that I can get all those character affinity points which my current save doesn't have. But a month or two? Christ, it'll take me a couple of days at most to clear it unless I decide to do some serious breeding in the middle of my playthrough. 

I take a while

I like to read what people say and explore everything

Also breeding for shinies as I chose to horrible abuse this shiny rate

And I'm going off of how long it took me last time, which was way longer

It might end up like my 2nd Rejuv run, when I got to a point that had taken me weeks before and then got it again in 2 days.

So I'm just going off of a rough estimate.

Another thing is I will only grind if absolutely necessary, so I may end up spending hours fighting a guy that I could've taken down easy if I was two levels higher, or had a mon that countered him.

12 hours ago, Jess said:

You lost interest in your Grass mono BEFORE facing Ciel? Hmmmm, that's a bit fishy... :P 

I have finished E16 with my Grass mono and since my win against Charlotte, the following win is kinda boring. That's what I meant.

I probably will...I lost everything I did in e16 to file loss and doing it all again is disheartening...
Oh, well...the team I was using were ones I'd kept from the very beginning, their stats weren't matching up to the competitive, fully evolved teams of the leaders, and besides they were way underleveled anyway...never did beat Adrienn...

On 10/26/2017 at 10:55 PM, uberle said:

I take a while

I like to read what people say and explore everything

Also breeding for shinies as I chose to horrible abuse this shiny rate

And I'm going off of how long it took me last time, which was way longer

It might end up like my 2nd Rejuv run, when I got to a point that had taken me weeks before and then got it again in 2 days.

So I'm just going off of a rough estimate.

Another thing is I will only grind if absolutely necessary, so I may end up spending hours fighting a guy that I could've taken down easy if I was two levels higher, or had a mon that countered him.

Ok that makes more sense but it's not like I'm skipping all the sidequests either nor am rushing through the story. Obviously if I start breeding mons it's gonna take way longer and I have bred several shiny mons including Milotic in my main save file. Since I know all the gyms already, I doubt I'll get stuck anywhere unless Ame made some massive changes to them.

12 hours ago, Gheist said:

Ok that makes more sense but it's not like I'm skipping all the sidequests either nor am rushing through the story. Obviously if I start breeding mons it's gonna take way longer and I have bred several shiny mons including Milotic in my main save file. Since I know all the gyms already, I doubt I'll get stuck anywhere unless Ame made some massive changes to them.

Breeding is a gamble for me.

Shiny Froakie in 4 eggs

Shiny Kricketot in 225

But I'm pretty dedicated

I won't stop until I get the shiny I need.

I have a thread with just me hatching shinies and complaining how long it took me to get 8 Eevee

1 hour ago, uberle said:

Breeding is a gamble for me.

Shiny Froakie in 4 eggs

Shiny Kricketot in 225

But I'm pretty dedicated

I won't stop until I get the shiny I need.

I have a thread with just me hatching shinies and complaining how long it took me to get 8 Eevee

Do you also go for perfect IVs or are you talking about them just being shiny? My shiny Milotic has 31 in everything except speed because I got bored and I don't really need speed for anything. And of course I wanted the female sprite so lets just say I've got some 10 boxes full of Feebas right now. I'll check out your thread later. It sounds interesting.

49 minutes ago, Gheist said:

Do you also go for perfect IVs or are you talking about them just being shiny? My shiny Milotic has 31 in everything except speed because I got bored and I don't really need speed for anything. And of course I wanted the female sprite so lets just say I've got some 10 boxes full of Feebas right now. I'll check out your thread later. It sounds interesting.

Just being shiny.

I don't really get how IVs work, so I don't bother with them

They're really just a bonus for me

1 hour ago, GS BALL said:

IV's are a pokemon's "genes". The higher the value, the better their "ability" (physical or otherwise) is going to be, as they are growing up. Pokemon with zeros and lots of single digit values, are genetic failures, while pokemon with IVs over 25 are survivors par excellence. Sometimes though, some zeros are desirable (for example special attackers benefit from 0 attack IV in case they get confused, or Gyro Ball users from 0 speed IV for max damage).

That's a very good start.

If you wish to play competitive, there are also some minor things to consider.

a. Hidden Power type depends on your IVs.

b. Leftovers, Black Sludge, Regeneration, Poison Heal depend on your HP, so you can tinker with that to get the maximum recovery every round.

c. In a similar fashion Life Orb depends on your HP so you can tinker with that to get 11 hits instead of 10. In reverse, Belly Drum needs to go past half HP.

d. When you defensive stats are about equal, you can add some IVs or EVs to one of them to not allow boosts for opponents with Download.

e. Same goes for Ditto vs Ditto, or Ditto vs Illusion Zoroark.