The History of Reborn

Nakoles

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, seki108 said:

@DreamblitzX  I posted a link somewhere on the first page, but I'll post it again here (assuming this is what you are talking about):  https://imgur.com/0epg4ye

I did see that, but no it's not what I was thinking of (still cool though)

It basically had a column for each season of the league and the pictures of all the leaders for that season, so you could see how each types leaders changes (or didn't) over the seasons, then there was some other info over on the righthand side of the table I believe

1 minute ago, DreamblitzX said:

It basically had a column for each season of the league and the pictures of all the leaders for that season, so you could see how each types leaders changes (or didn't) over the seasons, then there was some other info over on the righthand side of the table I believe

(Now the quoting is working again.......make up your mind, site) 

Sorry, the "Christmas sprite" comment made me assume you meant that one.  I haven't seen the one you are referring to, but I'll try to look for it too (since it sounds interesting).

• Veterans
15 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I assume this is what you were looking for?

23 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Is it this one? https://imgur.com/8w01BwD

Edited by Absolute_Zero
ninja'd

• Global Mods

@ZEL it's pretty borked because its using the question format, so people up-arrowing responses is messing with the order a bunch.

also apparently you mentioned me but I guess that was before your edit and it was something along the lines of asking what the heck I was replying to? 

EDIT: where the heck did the comment I was replying to go lol?

Edited by DreamblitzX

@DreamblitzX Yeah, I was bc i didn't see someone already linked you the thread you were looking for, rip
Which i didn't see because the answer-format is terrible for my brain. Sorry man D:

PS: The comment went bc I reported it to be deleted. Sorry²

Edited by ZEL

I just finished reading all the comments in this post. To be honest I'm in a shock stage right now! You're telling me that the characters from Pokemon Reborn are real life characters? This is some dark stuff!! Who are these people? I tried searching the Pokemon League online, but was unsuccessful to find anything. There are some parts I don't really understand. Were these people playing Pokemon online?  What about Shade? He is not even human, how is he in real life then? Please excuse me ignorance, I'm honestly very curious.

@Rainlove (and now the quoting isn't working again)

For the most part yes, though someone will have to verify whether they used Pokemon Online.  Of the main characters, only the Meteor admins aren't based on someone.  Ame has said some characteristics were toned down in the game, while others were exaggerated.   In Shade's case, it seems Shade's eccentric, intentionally mysterious behavior (not to mention custom sprite choice) had him become a literal ghost in the game.  Serra is also apparently and IRL model (or at least was) but Ame isn't telling out of common courtesy; just saw that while I was looking for the Shade "It's a Mystery" picture on Ame's blog.

It seems most major stories/events surrounding the main characters gym leaders were based on real events to varying degrees (as detailed in earlier mentioned/linked posts on this thread).  Both tragic events and funny events are apparently carried over, though the only funny one I can think of right now is IRL Amaria 6-0'ing Ame with a Ludicolo in a test after a car accident left Amaria with memory problems (or something of the like).  This is referenced in the game in a TV interview with a league official testing her to make sure she could still function as a leader after her amnesia.

There were also apparently more in-jokes in earlier versions, though Ame removed them once it became a more well-known game outside of the community (the most famous of which was a magazine with Saphira posing erotically------no, I don't get the joke, just that it was there).  Someone else will have to list or explain what was removed.

I might edit this post later to include some of the other threads discussing the IRL (that I know of at least), though someone will probably beat me to it.

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30650-if-youre-wondering-about-the-reborn-league/&tab=comments#comment-712274