[IC] Fate/Reborn 2.0 First War

Shamitako

[Archer & Kevin]

"Alright, kid. I don't mean to pry into too many private affairs anyway. So, what was she gonna do for us again? You might've mentioned it already, but I don't quite recall." Darien was in fact getting a little restless. There wasn't much to occupy his attention in the cramped back of the minivan. Manufacturing the drones wasn't terribly entertaining or difficult, just time consuming, and most of Kevin's plans seemed to be centered around Shiori. So, there was really not much to discuss tactics wise until they got whatever info they were coming to get. In fact, "So, Master Kevin, how far away does this Shiori of yours live?"

[Alexander/Ciri]

"I don't think we'll be short on mana. The leyline and myself will probably sustain you well enough. Though, if you want to eat, I can get stuff for you. I assume you can still taste? And the same goes for sleep. You probably can if you want to, though I see less reason why a Servant would want it than food." As Alexander spoke, he slowly began to make his way around the edge of the room, setting up a complex weave of glowing lines that disappeared after a few seconds. "Tell me, Ciri, can your plants be used outside of the Canvas? Or are they limited to being used inside your territory?"

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ciri - [Alexander/Ciri]

Ciri nodded, although mostly focused on her creation. "The main reason I thought of it was due to the fact that I take quite a lot of mana to maintain - was considering it to ease the burden. I can certainly taste - if you can afford the food, I'd appreciate it. It's been forever since I've had something to eat. As for the plants... they're hardly mobile, so it's difficult to use them without preparation, but they're not limited to the Territory. Given the time to grow them I could use the plants from the seeds. Or given something with a weak enough will or weak magic resistance, I could use my Noble Phantasm to make plants from them. If I'm making one of any reasonable strength they won't survive it though."

Erica - [Rider and Erica]

Erica started a bit as the voice... happened. ...I didn't know you could communicate telepathically. That's quite useful. Thank you for the compliment, by the way - you're quite a beautiful bird, yourself. As for help... well, finding some of the other Masters and Servants would be helpful - they probably heard the cannons.

Edited by Twinwolf

The sound of the cannons was like a roaring thunder resounding throughout the city. Anyone outdoors and not inside a magical go fish dimension would easily hear it

(Ooc: tldr notice the cannonfire if your outside)

Archer & James

James resisted the urge to sigh again. At least she wasn't killing herself. "Do you have any. . . nines?" He might have been able to enjoy the game, but this was far too tense of a situation for any games - let alone ones intended for little kids. Was this just some elaborate way to belittle him? 

Saber & Nadia

"With your permission, Nadia." Assuming she did nothing to stop him, he reached toward her, gently, as if she were made of glass. The man had tremendous strength, after all, even by Servant standards, and she'd dealt with far more than her fair share of pain. He started with the ones on her back, something he truly wondered about - it must have been some extreme desperation if those were self-inflicted. He slowly worked his way down toward her legs, leaving her chest for last. Masaru. . . honestly wasn't sure what to think of the experience. It was intimate, that was for sure. Possibly moreso than most of the experiences he'd had with women; he'd never settled down before his death, after all.

[Rider and Erica]

"Hmmm, not many think a simple bird capable of their craft no doubt. Magic is for the realm of the intelligent, or so we say. If that moron is capable of it, I'm sure most are." The bird chuckled to himself though out loud. Erica heard him mimic the laugh of what seemed to be a noblewoman. Clearly reserved. "As for the cannonfire, there's no doubt. You'd have to be deaf as doornail to miss... that ungodly racket. Ugh, it ruffles my feathers just thinking about it..."

{Nadia and Saber}

It was quite exciting for Nadia on the contrast. She'd never been... touched in this way before. She'd always been afraid her scars would scare people away... But, it seemed that wasn't the case here. She could tell he was trying to restrain himself, she could feel the strength in his fingers and his hands. She summoned a powerful servant indeed. One that was willing to share in her scars. She was full of a happiness she couldn't really describe. "I've... never really felt something like this before Masaru... I've never been this vulnerable before." she started. He noticed her pause, she had to search for the words. All the while he saw the emotions in her glittering emerald eyes. A softness, a warm affectionate look. 

"I've never been able to open up to someone like this. I've always been too afraid. But... You are a part of me. You weren't afraid of my scars. Thank you for that. But... there's still something I'd like you to do Masaru." she said with a playful smile, and a growing hunger in her eyes.

Kevin

"We're nearly-" Kevin's response was suddenly cut off by a thunderous crash. He looked out the windows, casting about to see where it came from. It vaguely sounded like it came from behind, but he couldn't see where from exactly. "Okay, new plan, we're getting there right now. The war seems to already be in full swing." Kevin floored the gas and shot full-force towards the cultural district. Luckily the industrial sector wasn't a likely place to get pulled over at this time of night.

Merlin

"Go fish~" Merlin said cheerfully. Her master's confusion was apparent, it was plainly apparent he considered this foolish. She sighed, her energy draining slightly. "Look," she said forcefully, "You're gonna need to enjoy yourself or you don't have any chance at this. Neither the game nor the war. There's no point to proving yourself if you just turn into a stuffy old mage that looks down on everyone else when you're done. Lighten up." This was going exactly like it had before, and Merlin had no idea how to stop it. The best she could do was try again and hope that this Master would be more responsive.

Orin and Debronee

Just as Debronee and Orin arrived at their location, Debronee peered into the distance to spot a glowing light surging towards them, growing larger...and larger...and larger...and-

Debronee quickly shattered his focus from what he was looking at. He had no time to think. 

"Get out of the car -- Now!"

Not bothering if he would as if he were implored to, Debronee hustled out of the car and lifted (the admittedly slightly heavier than average) Orin off his feet, before dashing off into the opposite direction of the fire as fast as he could. Given his enhanced speed, he covered quite some distance in the matter of seconds he was allowed for respite before the blast would make impact, but he himself was ensure if it was enough to outrun the vicinity of the blast...

Eleonore and the Twins

Relenting to their suggestion and finally feeling relieved that the twins had stopped squabbling, Eleonore nodded in agreement. "Very well. I will put my trust in the both of you to do your best in this war, starting from now. And...thank the both of you. For being my Servants." She did not understand the reason behind this sudden sentimental gratitude; she simply felt it was apt, perhaps in part with her more gentle nature, as she delivered such kind words before preparing to follow them in search of transportation. 

[Archer & Kevin]

"Good call. Any clue what that was? And where are we heading? I'm guessing you're not going towards that, right?" Darien rotated around in the seat, contorting himself in an effort to find the source of the explosions. Probably wasn't targeted at them, he thought, since they remained mostly unhurt, and he had seen no damage around. There was the small chance that they were slower projectiles. . . it would be good to be wary. Not that he hadn't been in a state of alertness before, of course.

[Alexander/Ciri]

Alexander waved his hand. "Money is of no concern. Though. . . don't ask me to buy any restaurants for you. The plants are immobile, you say, so they would be best for ambushes, if at some point we needed to leave the territory." The man wasn't quite done with the ward he was constructing, but he payed attention as the Servant gave an explanation of the plant's capabilities. "We'll stick with seeds for now. I won't force you to make plants out of anyone unless its absolutely necessary, and even then, we can be sure to make do with the fewest casualties we can manage. It would not do to create disappearances that might reveal the Grail War to the city." With a flick o the wrist, Alexander completed the pattern that he had written into the circumference of the room. It would not keep out most Servants or Masters, and wouldn't even hurt the more powerful pairs, but it wasn't really meant to. The small flurry of distracting explosions against an unwanted intruder would serve to allow a few more milliseconds in which Alexander or Ciri would be able to try to take them down. And of course, there would be more wards and traps. "Any preference for food when we do have a chance to get something?"

Saber & Nadia

Masaru raised his eyebrows once again. "Mmm, is that so? Well then, I'm sure I can guess, but. . . All you have to do is ask." Unless he was totally off base, it wasn't hard to guess what Nadia wanted. . . But she'd surprised him before. Who knew what was actually going on in her head. . . ?

Archer & James

He looked at Merlin flatly for a moment before responding. "First of all, it's hard to enjoy yourself when you've just had to stop a suicide attempt, screwed up in the process of stopping said attempt, and put yourself at a disadvantage for the giant death battle between superpowered legends." The flat expression transformed into more of a glare as he continued. "And now the person who attempted is telling me to lighten up. Second, I'm not going to turn into one of those idiots. That would defeat the whole point of this war." He irritably swiped a card from the pile.

Orin

Orin didn't get a chance to process much of anything before he got pulled out of his seat by Debronee. He grabbed his backpack quickly. On the other hand, Debronee carrying him out of the car was a hot steaming mess what will all the imminent explosions. Sure, he'd reacted quick enough but...well Orin was far from an athletic person. The moment the first cannonball blasted the damn road away, he turned to look and got his foot caught up on the pavement. The grasp Assassin might've hand on him at a fast speed lost to pure momentary friction and Orin soon felt his nose striking the road almost as hard as the actual cannonfire.

Lancer

"Awww, you poor poor thing, Master..." Klaren put on his sad face as he joined his hands together on his chest. "I think there's no escaping this, probably? You could maybe use your Command Seals on me and disqualify yourself like that, I think? I'm not sure I was listening when all of that info was being put into my head, hmmm... I might disappear if you do that so if you're still not disqualified you might be left without any protection. I guess it'd be safer to just roll with it for now, ok~?" Klaren smiled at her. He really didn't want her to order him to kill himself or anything. Nor to waste her Commands. At least not yet...he liked being commanded~

Edited by Bfroger6

Merlin

"Suici-?!" Merlin started to freak put before realizing what he mwant, "Oh, yeah, I guess that was sort of suicide." She shrugged casually. She was kind of pretty sure that she would have gotten another chance later. She wouldn't even remember this master when that time came. "This form is just a temporary one." She explained, "I didn't really consider it to be any sort of final death. Not even Ansuz actually returning could make me give up the dun of living." She shook her head and continued, "And you're right, I did pit us at a disadvantage, I apologize for that. However! If you don't turn out to be a crazed, parent slaughtering lunatic with way too little confidence in your masculinity--I mean seriously a giant magical laser canon? You'd be hard pressed to make it more obvious that you're trying to compensate for something--then you're most certainly on the path to being a grumpy old mage who that thinks they're infallible and refuses to believe that their worldview might be even a little flawed and subsequently drives their entire world to ruin which after relocating the population to an alternate dimension manages to almost entirely forget about the existence of magic except for one naive idiot with too many stars in her eyes decides she won't let it be forgotten and starts spreading knowledge of it to a select few which eventually culminates in a now slightly insane but still stupid, foolish, and naive witch turning an innocent little girlboy into a crazed, parent murdering lunatic with a giant magical laser cannon that's obviously a phallic metaphor!" Merlin panted heavily after finishing her rather excessive monologue. Yet somehow she felt a bit of clarity now, perhaps there was no solutoon. If everything she did led to disaster, perhaps she ought to stop interfering. An old acquaintance of hers would almost certainly have tjougt this a great idea. Which probably meant it was a bad one considering his traditionally poor judgement on the matter. But nonetheless it was all she could think of. "...I forfeit." She said sadly, "As per the agreement, we'll do things your way."

(OOC: Hoo boy, that was hard to write without a million TTG spoilers, but yay, Merlin angstdump)

"Wat." James shook his head, trying to sort through everything Merlin had just said. Who was Ansuz? How and why would he relocate an entire world's population to another dimension? "Why would I kill my parents!? That's insane. They've done as much as they could for me, after all. I'm not like, some edgy anime protagonist that's required to either hate his parents or have dead ones. And where would I get a laser cannon?" He shook his head again, placing one hand on his forehead. "Whatever. You promise to not try to set yourself on fire again as soon as I turn around?"

[Nadia and Saber]

Nadia smiled. Was it really that obvious? Perhaps it was, but she didn't really care. She flipper herself over top of him, so that she was now straddling him. She stared into his eyes. A hunger in those emerald green eyes of hers. She placed her arms over his shoulders locking her fingers together behind his head. She leaned in close, whispering in his ear. "I want you to kiss me Masaru. And well... whatever else you would like~"

Kevin

"Our destination hasn't changed," Kevin explained, "just the urgency of reaching it." Even when he reached the more crowded cultural district, Kevin continued speeding. They managed to make it through without incident, stopping in front of a Japanese comic shop on the southern edge of the area. "This is the place." Kevin said, "Any way for you to disguise or conceal yourself before we go in?"

(OOC: Can't update map atm)

Orin and Debronee

The cannon fire continued to bombard the area of which the Master-Servant duo had continued to run away from; Debronee had attempted to hustle towards the nearest buildings available for cover, but he was a moment too late as Orin caught himself off balance from his grasp, face dragged on the floor. Immediately startled, Debronee did his best to regain his grip on his Master and flashed forward to regain his footing, attempting to run faster than he had never before -- running for dear life in a situation so dire was the only thing they could do, as his temporary relief was cut short when another cannonball surged toward their direction, narrowing missing a direct shot on the two. However, shrapnel from the blast had struck Debronee's left arm as his grip caused his Master to tumble once again, eliciting a painful groan his hand hung limply, bleeding as a result of the blast.

"Hang on!"

The situation now forcing him to carry his Master with his remaining hand, the strain and pain on the now crippled Servant escalating as he continued this struggle in running away with his Master in seated awkwardly on his shoulder, as he urged his Master to hang on as tightly as he could. Forcing himself with as much strength as he could muster, the Assassin continued in his unpropotitious circumstances a race against time, now or never. As their distance from the ship continued to widen, the scale of the cannon fire seemed to dwindle to less threatening levels, but Debronee's sprint had yet to cease. Only after reaching the edge of the northeast vicinity of the district did he and his Master fall and slump upon the cold, hard road. Puffing for breath out of the extreme exhaustion and the wound on his left arm festering still, the duo's only solace was the mere fact that they had narrowly escaped the assault. 

Edited by Noir

Orin

As much as this must've been demanding on Assassin, he was still just a Servant. Orin had his nose smashed right into his face before being pulled back up again, only to fall down again the moment later. He could feel the warmth spreading over his nose down to his lips and smearing both across the general portion of his face as he fell again and into his beard. Being placed on Debronee's shoulder afterwards only served to continually push it into his stomach.

He fell to his knees and palms as Debronee stopped. For now, all he could think of was the sheer frustration he was feeling.

"How? How did they know where we were?" He practically yelled as he grabbed what was left of his glasses and threw them away into an alley. He held his nose and yelped then looked at Debronee, his face contorting into quite a pissed-off grimace at the sight of his injury. "Can you use your hand?" He asked though he knew the answer, standing up and looking at his scratched up palms. He picked the backpack up and threw it over his shoulder. He could see what the ship had made from the road. Imagine waking up to this mess in front of your building without any knowledge of the Grail War being held. He was used to destruction, though.

"Can you fix yourself or something?" Orin followed his previous question without waiting for a reply. Even if Assassin was still on the ground, he'd remain direct. This enemy was far worse than they'd imagined. They were lucky to be alive. But at what cost? Assassin's arm? What was he gonna do now? Run around until their opponents got annoyed and gave up. From the adrenaline, probably, Orin hadn't noticed earlier, but now as he tried to step forward, a jolt of pain bolted through his right leg and he hissed and stopped in place, dropping down into a crouch. He must've sprained the damn thing. Great. He grabbed it as if squeezing it would help, but it didn't. It just made it worse. Maybe his broken nose wasn't the worst thing that'd happened.

Orin limped back up only a few steps so he could throw himself against the wall. He pulled a bottle out of his backpack and took quite a volumptuous sip out of it, still breathing heavily.

One heck of a start to this war.

Darien

"Yeah, I got it. Spirit form and all that. Uhh, just so you know, I think the things that we heard were cannons. I didn't want to distract you unless I had too, but I saw a pirate ship out the back. A flying one. Some Servant has a goddamn FLYING PIRATE SHIP!  That is really fucking cool, and amazingly bad for us." Darien groaned a bit. "Any idea what Servant type could even do that? Anyway, I'll go to spirit form. Poof." With that, Darien's form and drones quickly dissolved in a small burst of light, leaving nothing behind.

Ciri - [Alexander/Ciri]

"Once the territory is created properly, making the plants it won't really be an issue." Ciri says. "After all, we won't have much reason to leave once it's done and we have food. On that note... do you mean for us to go out ourselves? Or will you have your butler do it? That seems like it'd be safer. ...As for what I'd like, would it be embarrassing to say that it's been forever since I've had a pizza?" as she says this, the White seems to be near finished with the safe room - the walls are completely colorless now, and it's encroaching on the roof of the room. 

Erica covers her ears as the broadside launches - it's probably the loudest thing she's heard, short of maybe a jet engine. "Do you think you got them?" she asks as the ringing in her ears slows down. "...And do you think you hit any civilians?" she asks, a bit more solemnly. She certainly hoped he didn't... apart from the ethical side of it, they had to keep the War a secret. They might not be able to see the ship, but they could probably get shot.

Sophie - [Lancer and Sophie]

"Great. Well, you've got more experience with this whole thing than I do. So what do Masters usually do at this point? Should I have you scout out for anyone else?"

Nick and Jack Sloane - [Berserkers and Eleonore]

Nick and Jack share another look, before grinning at Eleonore and nodding.

"Stick close, yeah? You better know 'ow to 'ide, luv."

"Stay behind us and try not to call 'em coppers down on us, yeah?"

With that, Jack and Nick begin heading for the door, intending to look or anything they can start jacking easily within sight. Preferably motorcycles. And without being caught; though that last part could be easily averted with an application of a fist to the face.

Presumably, they indeed locate their motorcycles, Jack beckoning Eleonore to sit behind him.

Edited by ElfCollaborator

(OOC: So I'm writing this post a second time and it's probably not that great but I swear the first time it was the best post I've made in months. Also apology in advance for when I screw up my JP)

Kevin

Kevin walked over to the shop and entered. The door triggered an electronic bell to signal his arrival. A little ways off to the right was the front desk, which was where Kevin directed his attention. Behind the counter was a young Asian girl whom Kevin knew to be Shiori. Today she was wearing a long orange wig with matching animal ears reminiscent of a fox of wolf. Knowing her dedication to the craft she hated, Kevin was certain there was a tail hiding behind her to complete the outfit. Across the counter drooled a male customer who looked to be a little younger than Kevin, maybe thirty. Shiori smiled cheerily as the two chatted about something or other, probably one of the comics the customer had just purchased. Both of them looked over when they heard Kevin's entry. The man glowered at him--probably because he thought Kevin was interrupting him hitting it off with the cute shopkeep--while Shiori's expression shifted only slightly to indicate her mixture of relief and annoyance. Seemingly resigned to the interruption, the customer picked up his purchases, preparing to leave. "I'll be sure to come again." He told Shiori, "If only to see your lovely face."

"I'll be looking forward to it." Shiori responded sweetly.

The customer strode rapidly to the door, forcefully bumping Kevin as he went past. "Goodbye!" He said, turning to wave to Shiori.

"貴様はゴキブリだ!" Shiori said merrily, "See you again!"

The door shut to the sound of the electronic bell, leaving Shiori and Kevin alone. Shiori remained smiling for a moment before dropping her facade entirely. She leaned lazily against the counter as Kevin approached. "What's up, Nii?" She asked dismissively.
"The war's begun." Kevin answered in an equal tone.

Shiori seemed interested in this, asking, "Does that mean I get to meet your 'servant'?"

"Not quite yet, he stands out a bit too much."

"Darn." Shiori said, returning to being disinterested, "Well anyway, I warded the house to high heaven. I don't suppose you brought rent?"

"Of course not."

"Fourteen hours this month then?"

Kevin raised an eyebrow, it seemed she was in a rather good mood. "That's quite generous of you, are you feeling alright?"

"Fifteen?"
Kevin laughed. "Alright, I get it. Deal. what time are you off?"
"I'm closing tonight."
"Got it. I'll go grab a bite then, want anything?"
"Already ate."
Kevin headed back for the door. "See you in a half hour." He called over his shoulder as he left.

"Get a job." Shiori replied.

Kevin ran over to a nearby Chinese place and grabbed some takeout before returning to the van. He drove to a rather large, single-story house nearby. It stood out from the rest around it as it was the only house on the block that wasn't attempting to mimic some variation of oriental style and was instead made of red clay bricks. It was also apparent to the magically inclined that it was heavily protected, or at least Kevin assumed, he couldn't actually tell. "We're here, Archer." He said, "We'll have to wait for Shiori to let you in though, she said she's got the place on magical lockdown." He opened his food and began to eat it leisurely.

[Archer & Kevin]

"So this is Shiori? Runs a comic shop? Should I ask you how old she is to have that guy hitting on her?" Though Darien didn't mention it across the telepathic link, Kevin would probably be able to sense a miniscule amount of fear. Paranoia. To Darien, Shiori was an oddity, and one to be watched. She was obviously a better mage than Kevin, seemed much younger, and her rudeness pissed Darien off. Actually though, her belligerence also had a calming effect on Darien, in addition to his annoyance at disrespecting his Master. A young powerful mage who wanted command seals for herself would probably be doing as much as she could to ingratiate herself to both Master and Servant. It still seemed a bit odd though. "This where you live then?"

[Alexander/Ciri]

Alexander couldn't help but grin at the Servant's request. Just pizza? "Sure, pizza should be fine. I think we'll wait and see whether we get the pizza ourselves or not. Corwin is slightly too valuable to be seen making many odd trips to an abandoned warehouse directly above a leyline. If we went, it would be daytime, and we would be a little too formidable for enemies to fight in the open. Corwin could easily be taken into an alley and killed, or tortured for information. We though, are safe, so long as others fear exposing the War, of course. If someone does notice us, then they will follow, and hopefully become the first victim of your tapestry. I don't expect to make many trips out, but I think the rewards of a few daytime trips might overwhelm the risks." Alexander paused briefly, and stepped briskly over to the door, where he thoughtfully fingered the frame. "Does that make sense? Don't hesitate to object for any reasons. . . Aha! That would be quite fun. . ." The man then pulled up his sleeves preparing to set another trap or ward.

Merlin

"Sure, whatever you say." Merlin pouted. It was more than apparent that she was unhappy with this result, but in the end she was the one who had chosen it. She wasn't one to go back on her word, especially when that word was given over the sacred game of go fish. She would just have to suffer through it, it wasn't as if she hadn't seen worse.

Kevin

Kevin just barely picked up on Dariens worry, he had a slight guess as to why but chose not to pursue the subject for now. "She's twenty-two, and that guy was far from the oldest creep to ever hit on her. She's a cute girl who works in retail, the more she flirts the more she sells." He explained, "Anyways yeah, this is where I live. It's Shiori's place, we've got a deal for rent and I keep the place clean in return for spending money."

Edited by Hukuna the Undying
Got'cha covered sweetie~. Phones got nothin' on me~

"Alright." James pursed his lips, thinking. He wanted to get an observational network set up, which would ideally circle around the leylines - he didn't want to go directly to them, because that ran the risk of blundering straight into another Master with more time to prepare traps. The teenager glanced over at the sulking Merlin. I might as well. . . He bent over and scribbled a (relatively) simple sigil into the dirt, even simpler than the one used for the summoning ritual and quite a bit smaller. "Follow me, then." He started to head south through the occasionally-winding streets, stopping every so often to scribe another sigil much like the one he'd set up in the yard - though he varied the distance between them, and occasionally took a detour in a seemingly random direction. His end goal - not that he spoke it out loud - was to eventually wind his way toward the cultural district. But only because it weaves between most of the city proper's major leyline intersections. Plus she might be less of a pain. 

[Rider and Erica]

"Aye girlie we definitely hit our target. Doesn't mean they died though... if someone like me is here, there's certainly good competition. But, they certainly didn't get out of there without some souvenirs for their trouble.Ignacio smirked to himself at that. He was experienced with his ship and most certainly with leading his shots. His crew was the most feared for a reason. Probably more so the ship's ability to level fortress's or coastal cities out of nowhere. lt was commonplace for armies attacking an enemy from another island would pay lgnacio and his crew to... "arrange" for their landing. That was after the "Pay this or you'll die in me sea" fee of course.

"
As fer yer question... did the best l could in regards to not hittin' any civvies, but can't promise none of the lubbers got powdered. YAR HAR HAR!!!"

[Nadia and Saber]

**Some time later**

After some... extra curricular activities... Nadia found that the cut on her hand had finally healed. She was quite happy with the results. The extra heat really just seemed to speed up the process. Body heat seemed to work as well, perhaps even better than just regular heat.~ Though, she was probably just being optimistic on that one.

She made her way back and threw on her suit as quickly as she could. "
Masaru... you'll have to make yourself a bit scarce for the moment. l came in alone if you recall.~ Afterwards though, feel free. Then... we can finally get this show on the road. That was a fun detour though, something much different than l expected."

Ciri - [Alexander/Ciri]

"The main problem with being followed is that it's not done yet - the Safe Room's just about done, but the Canvas will still take about another day to finish, give or take a few hours. That's why I thought we should have Corwin do things - I don't think anyone else has a reason to expect him to be involved, right? He's a butler, so buying groceries is totally normal. Of course this is all just my opinion - your call, in the end." Ciri said - she hoped that what she'd said wasn't too odd for the image of a "great hero", however her exploits had made it to the common consciousness. They probably acted like she wasn't a normal teenager (heck, barely a teen when it started) from New York City before it all happened. She idly wondered if her home still existed or if it had been destroyed in some conflict or other, before shoving those thoughts aside - for now, it didn't matter. She was dead. If all went well in the war, she wouldn't be after it.

Erica nodded. "Right. It'd be way too easy if we just took out an opponent so soon in the war." she says. She glances over the side of the ship, despite knowing full well she wouldn't see anyone. "I'm sure your crew knows how to aim... that said, I hope they didn't hit anyone else." That... would certainly weigh on her conscious if they did. She adjusts her glasses, and takes a deep breath. "Well then, do you think we can pursue? If you think we can't, I have an idea of some places we could head where some other Masters may be heading - they're gonna be heading for leylines, mostly."