[Trespassers IC] Hunt #1: A Monster in the Mines

Hal Henderics

"Y-You can't be serious," Halley exclaimed. In a last ditch effort, she tried to fire a paralyzing shot at the Metroid, hoping that the electricity would sink through the carapace.

Action: Blaster - Paralyzer.

The Strike Team backs up, seeing the much more dangerous threat, They throw another grenade underneath the monster, (DICE) Dealing less damage than before...

Halley Fires her Paralizer, But it has little effect, the Creature DOES spark with electricity though.

Morgan Defends himself.

Bridget Fires 5 Magic Arrows! (1d4 = 4, 2, 3, 4, 3) Only two of them even hit, but they hit harder than she would expect! Dealing (1d4+8 = 1+8, 2+8) 19 Damage!

Mot prepares to retaliate against anyone who attacks Morgan!

The Gamma Metroid obliges, firing a stream of lightning at Morgan, and dealing (DICE) No damage, as he dodges out of the way! It takes 4 Damage in pure damage as this happens!

Mot retaliates, (1d4=1) but fails to hit it's vulnerable soft nugget!

The Stream of lightning continues, locking it's next turn, but negating Ranged Non-Basic Attacks!

Combat Log

Hide contents

(???) Starfox Strike Team: Near Perfect Health

(19) Halley

(17) Morgan

(15) Bridget

(7) Mot: 27/42 Health

(???) Frightened Researcher: Perfect Health

(???) Gamma Metroid: Fairly Wounded

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Well, well, well... " Halley took a few more steps back. She yelled into her megaphone again. 

"Don't you even THINK about it! Transformation is just a cheap trick to get yourself more powerful! It's LAME!"

Action: Provoke against Gamma Metroid.

Bridgett not liking how this going holds Morning arrow in front of her as a magic circle appears in front of  her and Morgan.

Bridgett uses Hurstwic on her an Morgan doubling Res for both for two turns

The Strike Team tries another grenade, but the Lightning Consumes it, causing it to prematurely Detonate!

Halley provokes the Gamma Metroid, sending it into a frothing rage!

Morgan begins charging Teleport Splicer.

Bridget Doubles Morgan's and Her own RES for two turns!

Mot Attacks with a basic attack, which glances harmlessly off, but heals him regardless!

The Lightning begins to die down, eventually dissipating entirely!

The monster rears back, and flies into another charge!

Combat Log

Hide contents

(???) Starfox Strike Team: Near Perfect Health

(19) Halley

(17) Morgan

(15) Bridget

(7) Mot: 32/42 Health

(???) Frightened Researcher: Perfect Health

(???) Gamma Metroid: Fairly Wounded

"Heh, ramming again? I thought I specifically told you to try something else. Maybe that wasn't clear enough of a message," Halley turned up the megaphone's volume, and blasted at the Gamma Metroid.

"CAN YOU BE MORE ORIGINAL THAN THAT?"

Action: Scold against Gamma Metroid.

Bridgett glad that the shield is up levels Mornings Arrow at the things again and loads a Cartridge and blast is.

Bridgett uses Shoot!!! with a cartridge dealing 1d8+syn(8)+syn(8) again from the Cartridge 

The Strike Team throws Mot a bandage, healing him up.

Halley uses Scold, preventing it from using duplicate Actions!

Morgan uses Teleport Splicer, dealing 57 Damage!

The monster screams, collapsing to the ground.

Bridget fires on the vulnerable creature, dealing 17 Damage to it's core! It falls still.

The Researcher slowly stands to his feet, While the Strike Team Whoops and Hollers, generally celebrating their survival.

The Portal Re-opens, allowing Travel Back home.

The Foxy Leader of the group approaches the gang.

"I have to thank you for your help, I don't know how you knew to come, but we were in a lot of trouble if you folks hadn't shown up."

"Looks like your ride is here.  My name is Fox Mccloud, of Starfox, We will remember this, should we meet again."

He shakes someone's hand, and hands over a small gift, before going back to his own group.

Loot!

Spoiler

Name: Personal G-Diffuser

Description: A Large Brick of tech which has the effect of creating a barrier which reduces gravity and grants resistance to pressure forces. It is commonly used in Arwings to enable extremely advanced aerial maneuvers, though this smaller one is fit for personal use.

Type: Bauble

Minimum Stats:

Weight: 0

Special Qualities:

-G-Diffusion: All Equipped Gear has it's weight reduced by 1.  Gear cannot be brought below 0 weight.

-Force Resist: The user becomes resistant to Physical Stun, granting them an opposed check against Hard Stun, and +5 to resisting tuns which already have an opposed check.

Name: Personal Deflector

Description: A Large Brick of tech which has the effect of creating a force field which can deflect projectiles, but not melee attacks.

Type: Bauble

Minimum Stats:

Weight: 0

Special Qualities:

-Deflector: The user's Basic Defense now has the option (Decided on use) to send projectiles back to the attacker, however, if the user is hit with a melee attack while this is active, the User is Stunned.

Gamma Metroid Corpse: The Corpse of a Gamma Metroid, one of the most feared creatures in the Galaxy, It is only by some miracle that this fast growing specimen did not grow any further...

The Researcher approaches, generally snively.

"Uh, are you people leaving? All of my companions have been killed, and I cannot afford to have the Starfox team airlift me off this godforsaken rock."

Bridgett looks a the Researcher. "well i Guess you could come with us if you want we have a thing that you might enjoy. though i don't know to much where you would be best there." She says as she turns to the everyone "Well I'm heading back see you all around the Castle." She bows and leaves through the portal not taking anything or looking behind her.

Mot nods at Bridgett before turning to face the assembled pile of loot in front of him, and he set off to claim a little piece of the action for himself.

He used his prodigious strength to try and pry off the prong like lightning extruder whatchamacallits from the corpse.

Before taking the membrane off of it somehow and claiming the small brick of weight reducing tech for himself.

Mot takes the Personal G-Diffuser and Lightning Prongs, Tier 1 Level 45, Membrane, Tier 1 Level 78.

"Good work, guys!" Halley cheered. "You guys deserve the rewards more than I do, so I'll be going on ahead," she strode into the portal with a content smile.