Pokemon Rejuvenation Viability Rankings Thread 4.0 [Community WIP] [SPOILERS]

Delphox (A+) (Accredited mostly to Biboo) (Edited by Me)

Spoiler

+ Available before Venam.

+ Awesome moveset : Shadow Ball (relearn)/Flamethrower/Psychic/Psyshock/Fire Blast/Will-O-Wisp/Mystical Fire/Light Screen, Wish/Heat Wave/Hypnosis/Magic Coat (egg moves), Grass Knot/Magma Drift (by TM)

+ Fast with base 104 Speed.

+ Decent stat all around. Can tank special hits with 100 base Sp.Def and Light Screen.

+ Great for a bunch of leaders : Venam, Keta, Crawli, Angie, Erick, Flora / Florin, V9 Leader

+ Its good moves come somewhat early, with Psyshock at 34 and Flamethrower at 42.

+ Can fill the roles of supporting (with Will-O-Wisp/Wish/Light Screen) or a special attacker for the team.

+ Magician can help you steal wild Pokemon's items permanently or screw a Trainer's Pokemon that likes its Item. Blaze is okay, but it only works on Fire moves and at low health, which isn't too great (BUT it really does help in a pinch)

- It has to compete with Blaziken and Infernape for that Fire slot starter of your team. Infernape simply has more Speed, and Blaziken has that Speed Boost. Still, it's a special attacker, which is different from these two physical Pokemon.

Clefable (A+) (Was this axed?)

Spoiler

+ Available early (Route 2).

+ Fairy Typing is advantageous against many Gym Battles.

+ Although it doesn't need it, Clefable has a wide compatibility with TMs.

+ Onto the main course, Cosmic Power + Stored Power is simply overpowered in almost all of the fights that it could be used in.

+ The combo above is usable by the Third Gym.

+ Cleffa begins with high Base Happiness and Moon Stones are farm-able off of Lunatone.

+ Can change Terrain with Misty Terrain.

+ Immune to Status Moves due to Magic Guard.

- Moonblast is learned at Level 46.

- Below average Stats without Cosmic Power.

- Bad at setting up against Saki and Venam.

Mamoswine (A) (Mostly by Shing) (Edited by Fumble) (Edited by Me)

Spoiler

+ Amazing Offensive Typing

+Think Fat Trivializes Fire And Ice Attacks
+ Defenses are 110/80/60, that speaks for itself

+ Base 80 Speed is nice for a tanky Pokemon.
+130 base attack, Earthquake for power, Ice Shard for priority. Ice Fang / Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash for general Ice Damage
+Bar 1 annoying Electross, Mamo annihilates the Electric Gym in its entirety

+ In addition, Amber is fairly easy to beat with a combination of Thick Fat + Earthquake.
-Late-ish Game Pokemon (Angie's Gym)
-Requires heart scale for Ancient Power to evolve

Hariyama (A-)

Spoiler

+ OUTSTANDING HP and High Attack

+ FANTASTIC Level-Up Move-Pool of Close Combat, Knock Off, Fake Out, and Heavy Slam

+ Belly Drum (If you're risky) 

+ Fake Out is super good due to the commonality of Double Battles

+ Nice TM compatibility

+ Early availability (Before / After Kata?)

+ Good versus Marianette, Narcissia, Valarie to a degree, Angie, Amber, Erick, and Flora / Florin

+ Evolves SUPER early (Level 24)

- Lackluster Stats aside from HP and Attack

- Lacks a "good" Fighting STAB for a while

Pangoro (A-) (AKA The Underrated Monster)

Spoiler

+ Nice Offensive Typing of Dark / Fighting

+ Three AMAZING Abilities (Thicc Fat / Gutz / Sheer Force)

+ Nice 124 Attack Stat / Alright 94 HP Stat (Will 2HKO most things non-resistant to Fighting w/ Iron Fist Hammer Arm)

+ Low TM Demand: Hammer Arm, Crunch, and Bullet Punch (A Priority Move!) are obtainable through Level-UP. Poison Jab is an obtainable TM

+ Two GREAT Abilities in Scrappy (AMAZING vs. Narcissia) and Iron Fist (Makes Hammer Arm deal TONS of Damage)

+ Available SUPER early (before Keta)

+ Evolves early (Level 33 w/ Dark Type in Party)

+ Good vs. Keta, Marianette, Narcissia, Crawli, Angie, Erick, Flora / Florin, and V9 Leader

- Lackluster Stats other than Attack and HP

- 4x Weakness to Fairy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my experience:

Crobat(A/A-)

Spoiler

+ available early(before Marianette gym )

+ Can learn brave bird by breeding,acrobatics,cross poison,leech life,X scissor.
+ Can one shot most fighting,grass and bug with acrobatics or brave bird.

+ With 130 speed,it will go first almost all time.

+ has two useful abilities: 1.inner focus to counter  unburden users with normal gem boosted fake out                                           or any flinching move.

2.infiltrator to pass through reflect,substitute etc.

+ Can one shot  Crawli,Flora or Florin.

+ Can learn rain dance to help against Amber.

- to learn acrobatics,you have to revert to older version.

- you have to beat level 48 Kingdra and a group of zubat and a crobat to get a zubat.

- needs friendship to evolve which may take time.

- cannot do anything to steel or rock type pokemon.

Edited by Yagami

Kid points out you can obtain Primarina via egg in West Gearen.

Spoiler

I would also like to point out. You can choose a starter and get Primarina via Mystery egg by completing all the West Gearen Help Quests. So It's not opportunity cost. And even if it was, it's not enough to warrant a  "-" because Primarina is amazing and is honestly deserving of S rank. But I don't do the tiers lol. Btw, are we informed if something is denied, or was my Chandelure submission just skipped over.

Kid complains about Swoobat ranking.

Spoiler

I would ALSO like to point out that Swoobat 6-0s any leader who leads out with something special or Stally. or something that just does nothing to it after a calm mind. So Flora, Florin, Marianette, Keta, V9 Leaders, and more. Swoobat is absolutely busted in the game with Calm mind, Ev training, and it's movepool. It's honestly S rank material. I'm willing to record my adventures with a Swoobat just to prove my point about how good this thing is lol. It only takes me about a week to speed through Rejuv as I've played the game so many times I know it by heart.

Greninja:

Spoiler

Greninja (A+/S) (Ranking is up to you honestly. I'm sure you can think of more stuff as to why Greninja is godly)

+Available Early

+Learns Work up via tm really early which makes for easy sweeps of Venam and Keta if used correctly.

+++ Protean

+While tms in Rejuv are less then to be desired, it's more then enough for Greninja to work with.

+Very high speed.

+Helps on Every Gym Leader except Erick and Flora/Florin.

+Low SpA is made up for in having a Super Effective move for almost everything.

+Gets spikes via heart scale which makes for ground typing with protean, and fast hazards.

+Gets two forms of Priority in Shadow sneak and Water shuriken

+Once battle bond is released, Greninja becomes at least one of the top 5 fastest mons obtainable in Rejuv as of V9.

+Battle bond allows Greninja to make use of it's Dark stab in Night slash and a plethora of physical moves it wasn't so good with.

+Battle bond also tremendously boosts that special attack, which makes up for the stab super effectiveness lost with protean.

+Even more powerful with move tutors.

+Can fit on almost every team as a designated type. (Ex. Greninja is only on my team for STAB Extrassensory)

+Learns a lot of useful HMS. (Dive, Rock smash, Strength, Surf, Waterfall)

+Not very bulky, but takes the hits it needs to.

-Not very bulky, low SpA makes it hard to consistently grab ko's, and get's knocked out in return, or 2hkod.

-Crushed by Erick/Florin/Flora.

-Only Dark Stab is via level up in Night Slash. And it's low Atk stat makes it hard to get much use out of it.

-Movepool only starts expanding after Valarie. Before that, you're stuck with stuff like Stacking shot, Water pulse, Lick, Round, Rock Smash, etc. I don't think you get a move above 60 bp until after Valarie, and that's via hm with Surf.

-Speaking of Surf, surf hits all pokemon. And it's next water STAB is hydro pump which you get VERY late in the game.

Heracross

Spoiler

Heracross (A-)

+Moxie plus 95 base speed means many kills.

+Bug/Fighting is a great offensive typing.

+Learns Close Combat and Megahorn by Level up which complement it's great attack stat.

+REALLY HELPS on Angie/Florin/Flora/V9 Leaders.

+Gets access to what it needs via TM.

+Is able to take full advantage of it's mega with a complete skill link movepool.

+Did I mention it's mega has the highest base attack stat in game? 185! That's at least 520 at level 100, fully invested w/ 31 ivs and adamant. That's CRAZY.

+Mega also has above average bulk.

+Mega Stone is handed out to you.

+(?)Location is by a link stone

+Not hard or overly complex to get.

+Gives Zetta and Ren a beating. (Ren trains dark types, and Zetta's most recent team has 4 mons weak to its types in Silvally, Weavile, Solosis, and Absol)

+Presence is felt immediately on the team.

-Bulk isn't very appealing in it's base form.

-It gets the tms it needs pretty late.

-Obtained later at a point in the game where players would've forgotten about it.

-Bug/Fighting is a type most players have on their team, which means adding it to the squad would mean making some potentially drastic changes.

-Bug/Fighting isn't exactly a defensive typing to say the least.

-Heracross usually can't sweep seeing as most teams in major battles have an answer for it.

Edited by Sceptilespy

On 6/22/2017 at 5:14 AM, Sceptilespy said:

Kid points out you can obtain Primarina via egg in West Gearen.

Reveal hidden contents

I would also like to point out. You can choose a starter and get Primarina via Mystery egg by completing all the West Gearen Help Quests. So It's not opportunity cost. And even if it was, it's not enough to warrant a  "-" because Primarina is amazing and is honestly deserving of S rank. But I don't do the tiers lol. Btw, are we informed if something is denied, or was my Chandelure submission just skipped over.

Kid complains about Swoobat ranking.

Reveal hidden contents

I would ALSO like to point out that Swoobat 6-0s any leader who leads out with something special or Stally. or something that just does nothing to it after a calm mind. So Flora, Florin, Marianette, Keta, V9 Leaders, and more. Swoobat is absolutely busted in the game with Calm mind, Ev training, and it's movepool. It's honestly S rank material. I'm willing to record my adventures with a Swoobat just to prove my point about how good this thing is lol. It only takes me about a week to speed through Rejuv as I've played the game so many times I know it by heart.

Greninja:

Reveal hidden contents

Greninja (A+/S) (Ranking is up to you honestly. I'm sure you can think of more stuff as to why Greninja is godly)

+Available Early

+Learns Work up via tm really early which makes for easy sweeps of Venam and Keta if used correctly.

+++ Protean

+While tms in Rejuv are less then to be desired, it's more then enough for Greninja to work with.

+Very high speed.

+Helps on Every Gym Leader except Erick and Flora/Florin.

+Low SpA is made up for in having a Super Effective move for almost everything.

+Gets spikes via heart scale which makes for ground typing with protean, and fast hazards.

+Gets two forms of Priority in Shadow sneak and Water shuriken

+Once battle bond is released, Greninja becomes at least one of the top 5 fastest mons obtainable in Rejuv as of V9.

+Battle bond allows Greninja to make use of it's Dark stab in Night slash and a plethora of physical moves it wasn't so good with.

+Battle bond also tremendously boosts that special attack, which makes up for the stab super effectiveness lost with protean.

+Even more powerful with move tutors.

+Can fit on almost every team as a designated type. (Ex. Greninja is only on my team for STAB Extrassensory)

+Learns a lot of useful HMS. (Dive, Rock smash, Strength, Surf, Waterfall)

+Not very bulky, but takes the hits it needs to.

-Not very bulky, low SpA makes it hard to consistently grab ko's, and get's knocked out in return, or 2hkod.

-Crushed by Erick/Florin/Flora.

-Only Dark Stab is via level up in Night Slash. And it's low Atk stat makes it hard to get much use out of it.

-Movepool only starts expanding after Valarie. Before that, you're stuck with stuff like Stacking shot, Water pulse, Lick, Round, Rock Smash, etc. I don't think you get a move above 60 bp until after Valarie, and that's via hm with Surf.

-Speaking of Surf, surf hits all pokemon. And it's next water STAB is hydro pump which you get VERY late in the game.

Heracross

Reveal hidden contents

Heracross (A-)

+Moxie plus 95 base speed means many kills.

+Bug/Fighting is a great offensive typing.

+Learns Close Combat and Megahorn by Level up which complement it's great attack stat.

+REALLY HELPS on Angie/Florin/Flora/V9 Leaders.

+Gets access to what it needs via TM.

+Is able to take full advantage of it's mega with a complete skill link movepool.

+Did I mention it's mega has the highest base attack stat in game? 185! That's at least 520 at level 100, fully invested w/ 31 ivs and adamant. That's CRAZY.

+Mega also has above average bulk.

+Mega Stone is handed out to you.

+(?)Location is by a link stone

+Not hard or overly complex to get.

+Gives Zetta and Ren a beating. (Ren trains dark types, and Zetta's most recent team has 4 mons weak to its types in Silvally, Weavile, Solosis, and Absol)

+Presence is felt immediately on the team.

-Bulk isn't very appealing in it's base form.

-It gets the tms it needs pretty late.

-Obtained later at a point in the game where players would've forgotten about it.

-Bug/Fighting is a type most players have on their team, which means adding it to the squad would mean making some potentially drastic changes.

-Bug/Fighting isn't exactly a defensive typing to say the least.

-Heracross usually can't sweep seeing as most teams in major battles have an answer for it.

I would have ranked Swoobat higher, but I feel as if a lot of Swoobat's viability depends on if you can set up. I had one myself, and it died before it could do anything. I would have to reset a lot before it worked, and I feel that hurts it a lot. Then again, I could have gotten unlucky (I also suck at the game, so that could be a part of it). I DO agree with the Primerina ranking, however, and also think it deserves the S rank. Having said that:

Quagsire: C

+Decent enough movepool

+Available relatively early as a shadow Pokemon with the move Flame Charge

+The answer to Madelis's Shadow Mewtwo

-Lackluster speed

-Doesn't really shine against the gyms

-Pretty outclassed by Swampert

Whimsicott: D

+PRANKSTER

+An excellent move pool, including moves like Leech Seed, Energy Ball, Hurricane, and Moonblast

+It can learn Substitute (with Prankster Leech Seed, this is quite fun)

-Doesn't shine in any particular gyms

-4x weakness to poison

-As of now, the only way you can get it is through the Mystery Egg. Be thankful if you get one.

Torterra: C-

+Great offensive stats

+Access to helpful moves such as Leech Seed and Earthquake via level up

+Decent Tammy stats

-HORRID SPEED

-A really bad defensive typing to undermine those tanks stats

-Poor Torterra. It does not fare well in the gym battles at all due to its speed. It sucks against Venam, gets crushed by Keta (Ice Punch Lucario), gets walled by Mariannette (Pyroar and Chatot) and has no real advantages against the gyms (even Valerie gets access to Ice Beam and Erick gets ice moves). It is not treated as well as it is in Reborn because of when it has to fight in key matchups.

Edited by FactoryofSadness

Just now, FactoryofSadness said:

I would have ranked Swoobat higher, but I feel as if a lot of Swoobat's viability depends on if you can set up. I had one myself, and it died before it could do anything. I would have to reset a lot before it worked, and I feel that hurts it a lot. Then again, I could have gotten unlucky (I also suck at the game, so that could be a part of it). I DO agree with the Primerina ranking, however, and also think it deserves the S rank.

I see where you're coming from. 

Edited by Sceptilespy

Vanilluxe (B+)

Spoiler

+Available before the second gym

+Auto weather setting with Snow Warning

+STAB Blizzard is automatically 100% accurate under snow warning, useful in doubles

+Will'o'wisp

+Learns freeze dry for coverage against water

+Has a great 110 base special attack+ Pretty decent defenses

+Mirror Coat utility for strong pokemon

+Wrecks the grass gym, and works well in the ice gym against certain pokemon.

-No decent special STAB moves upon capture  

-Really needs to evolve into Vanilluxe to max out it's potential (lvl 47)

-IV locked

-Has a poor movepool in general (though 4 above moves are all you need...)

-You probably won't have freeze dry by the water gym

-Hail can be annoying to the rest of your team 

Edited by Cataline

Gonna make a case for a gem I just discovered:

Spoiler

Dedenne (B+ rank)

• PROS
    • Available early in the game
    • Cute design (probably I'm one of the few who cares about this)
    • Excellent typing: it has two weaknesses, but gains two more resistances and one immunity
    • Pretty good speed, but if not, it paralyzes opponent with nuzzle anyway so outspeed many foes
    • Varied electric moveset - parabolic charge for healing, volt switch for dealing damage and changing with ally, and of course strong attacks like discharge
    • So far tested that it's effective against physical teams (it destroyed Keta's team, even though they didn't always use fighting-type attacks)
      • Spoiler

I took out the last 3 mons with dedenne alone, using nuzzle to paralyze, charm to lower their attack, and repeating charge --> parabolic charge

My reaction (and all the NPCs that were watching their Sensei get beaten by a little mouse):

594df7c4577eb_ScreenShot2017-06-24at1_08_02AM.png.eb3664c1f591ba87b5e98c8a3f760f4c.png

• CONS
    • Not for competitive play (though this is Rejuv so I doubt this thread is about that)
    • Could have a more varied fairy-type move pool - it only has Play Rough, not even the stat it could use
    • Doesn't evolve (can we get a mega-dedenne pls xD)

In any case, I'll be using the little one for a while and update this list if it proves itself worthy again :P

Alrighty let me contribute aswell

Decidueye (D+/C-)

+ 80 basepower ghost stab move (spirit shackle)

+ Acces to Sucker Punch

+ Decent attack stat (107)

- Outclassed by Trevenant in almost every way

- 5 weaknesses with a base speed of 70

- 70 def and 107 special def doesn't cut it in any battle (not even Valerie!)

- Gets OHKO'ed by nearly super effective hit even if it isn't stab

Gigalith (A-)

+ Access to Sandstream (Cancels weather effects, great vs Angie, Valerie and expecially Amber)

+ 150 attack Stone-Edge stab (what is not to like)

+ Great Stealth-Rock suicide lead with explosion

+/- Sturdy is an option aswell but this set gets outclassed by Kantonian Golem

- slow as in very slow (this would be a huge + if trick room was available) gets outsped by everything

- One of the few rock types that doesn't have access to Earthquake in its learnset

Alakazam (A+)

+ 135 special attack with 120 speed, this mon outspeeds nearly the whole rejuvenation meta that isn't choice scarfed

+ OHKO's everything that is weak to Psychic

+ Access to Reflect and Shadow Ball

- Late game mon (available after Angie)

- Lackluster HP combined with 45 def means he can't take any physical  hit (not even a neutral one)

- Sucker Punch and Pursuit ruin your day

Edited by Treeharl
typo

Hi everyone I just wanted to point out that I believe alolan muk should definitely be A+ I cannot remember how many times it helped me trough important battles etc. How many times its poison touch ability got important ko's and that's my alolan muk without ev training. Had a moveset like knock off , acid armor, poison jab/gunkshot , crunch. Also I had black sludge on it early which helped with recovery a little. I could poison stall with it easy on a lot of targets also with my alolan vulpix at the time we beat dimensional ferrothorn only with combination of hail dmg and then muk taking hits/healing with potion, yes I know desperate but that's just a case that shows how tough muk can be. Now I got it ev trained I believe should be more useful for the next episode.

On 6/24/2017 at 10:59 AM, Treeharl said:

Decidueye (D+/C-)

+ 80 basepower ghost stab move (spirit shackle)

+ Acces to Sucker Punch

+ Decent attack stat (107)

- Outclassed by Trevenant in almost every way

- 5 weaknesses with a base speed of 70

- 70 def and 107 special def doesn't cut it in any battle (not even Valerie!)

- Gets OHKO'ed by nearly super effective hit even if it isn't stab

Spoiler

With all due respect. I think Decidueye is worthy as a B. Then again, we make these rankings based of our experience.

You didn't mention it does good against V9 Leaders. It performs decent against Flora/Florin. GREAT against Erick despite having Ice moves. It doesn't perform as well as it should against Valerie because Ice beam, but it's still pretty good. It's bulk combined with 75+ base Hp allows it to usually survive 1 hit. It's great against the Dimensional Rift Gyarados in the beginning of the game. Ghost/Grass isn't the worst typing. It's also not really outclassed by Trevenant in every way as well, seeing as Decidueye is more offensive via movepool. It also learns Nasty plot by level up. It also gets haze so no set up. It ALSO gets baton pass so it can pass Nasty plots and Swords dances. It ALSO gets light screen to add to that bulk. It also learns Roost and synthesis for level up. Decidueye also soloes Nim easy with some set up. Decidueye can also work as a mixed attack with Work up. Now, I do agree that Trevenant is better, but you REALLY discredited Robin Hood (Decidueye) in this. 

On 6/24/2017 at 0:35 PM, PMDrax said:

Hi everyone I just wanted to point out that I believe alolan muk should definitely be A+ I cannot remember how many times it helped me trough important battles etc. How many times its poison touch ability got important ko's and that's my alolan muk without ev training. Had a moveset like knock off , acid armor, poison jab/gunkshot , crunch. Also I had black sludge on it early which helped with recovery a little. I could poison stall with it easy on a lot of targets also with my alolan vulpix at the time we beat dimensional ferrothorn only with combination of hail dmg and then muk taking hits/healing with potion, yes I know desperate but that's just a case that shows how tough muk can be. Now I got it ev trained I believe should be more useful for the next episode.

I would have given Alolan Muk an A+ but the problem with me was the fact that my Muk had Alchemy as an ability. Alchemy is trash, and should not ever be used. This also leads into Alolan Muk's weakness: you get it as a Shadow Mon. This is because you have to use it for a bit before you can discover what ability it has, and personally, it is not worth the reset. The fact you may have to use an ability capsule definitely hurts it. However, I am also completely fine if Alolan Muk does get moved up to A+. You are still correct, and bring up great points.

Pinsir: B-

+Surprisingly good attack stat

+Pretty decent moveset

+Gets access to a wide variety of through TMs

+Pretty fast overall

+Decimates the psychic leaders

-You get it at Crawli's gym, and it doesn't do as well against the next two gyms

-Heracross outclasses it overall

-Mega Pinsir is not a thing yet

@Sceptilespy fair points you made. First of all imo Trevenant would deserve that B rank instead of Decidueye.

Lets compare Trevenant a bit futher with Decidueye.

Trevenant has two decent stab moves with Horn Leach or Wood Hammer where imo the Horn Leach prevents Trevenant from being worn down fast.

Trevenant has Harvest which give it so much more survivability even after a super effective hit. Decidueye has overgrowth that isn't very usefull without a choice scarf.

Decidueye needs two items that are not available yet in the game (Choice Scarf or Decidium Z), Trevenant just needs Sitrus Berries which can easely bought after Marianette.

Decidueye needs Jolly nature to be able to outspeed anything, while I can run Adamant Trevenant and recover as much damage as possible with HArvest + Horn Leach and have nearly the same damage output

Trevenant has Will-o-Wisp available in its learnset.

Sadly Lightscreen Tm nor Sword Dance is available in game else Decidueye would be (C+/B-).

Fact is with the items CURRENTLY ingame decidueye is increadebly limited. You posted Eric as stong points but (speaking about intense mode here) it doesn't really fare well. Magneton can force a swap with firing of Flash Cannons while not taking that much from Shackle Shot. Electrivire knows Ice Punch which is a clean 2 HKO and there is also his Zapdos. Yes he has some use aigainst Rotom-W and Ampharos  but Trevenant would be much more viable.

Decidueyes natural bulk is too pover (78/75/100) to utilise Synthesis as viable option when Amoonguss (114/70/80) is available just before Valerie.

To sumerize Decidueye COULD have been viable if the item/movepool ingame wouldn't be as limited as its current state. Within Rejuvenations current meta Decidueye is imo close to Meganium  and Torterta tier (sorry).

Edited by Treeharl

On 6/27/2017 at 8:35 AM, Treeharl said:

@Sceptilespy fair points you made. First of all imo Trevenant would deserve that B rank instead of Decidueye.

Lets compare Trevenant a bit futher with Decidueye.

Trevenant has two decent stab moves with Horn Leach or Wood Hammer where imo the Horn Leach prevents Trevenant from being worn down fast.

Trevenant has Harvest which give it so much more survivability even after a super effective hit. Decidueye has overgrowth that isn't very usefull without a choice scarf.

Decidueye needs two items that are not available yet in the game (Choice Scarf or Decidium Z), Trevenant just needs Sitrus Berries which can easely bought after Marianette.

Decidueye needs Jolly nature to be able to outspeed anything, while I can run Adamant Trevenant and recover as much damage as possible with HArvest + Horn Leach and have nearly the same damage output

Trevenant has Will-o-Wisp available in its learnset.

Sadly Lightscreen Tm nor Sword Dance is available in game else Decidueye would be (C+/B-).

Fact is with the items CURRENTLY ingame decidueye is increadebly limited. You posted Eric as stong points but (speaking about intense mode here) it doesn't really fare well. Magneton can force a swap with firing of Flash Cannons while not taking that much from Shackle Shot. Electrivire knows Ice Punch which is a clean 2 HKO and there is also his Zapdos. Yes he has some use aigainst Rotom-W and Ampharos  but Trevenant would be much more viable.

Decidueyes natural bulk is too pover (78/75/100) to utilise Synthesis as viable option when Amoonguss (114/70/80) is available just before Valerie.

To sumerize Decidueye COULD have been viable if the item/movepool ingame wouldn't be as limited as its current state. Within Rejuvenations current meta Decidueye is imo close to Meganium  and Torterta tier (sorry).

Well in that case, I understand. Thanks for not lashing out at me like a lot of people would lol. 

@Lord Chespin, here are more rankings:

Solrock: C-

+Decent attack

+Access to Rock Slide, Psychic, and Stone Edge via level up

+Just as Lunatone got Moonblast via Heart Scale, Solrock gets Flare Blitz through the same means

+LEVITATE

-Available nowhere near as early as Lunatone (need surf to get it)

-Extremely disappointing special attack stat

-Lackluster speed

-When you get it, it has no real advantages against the gyms (even Amber has Solarbeam, and Angie will reck Solrock)

-There are better rock types and psychic types than Solrock

This does, however, lead to:

Solrock & Lunatone Fusion: B

+Decent attack and Special Attack

+Still access to most of the great moves of Solrock and Lunatone through level up

+Levitate is still there

+Decent enough bulk: the strengths of Solrock and Lunatone are combined

-Piss poor speed

-You get it relatively later in the game (after Angie)

-Solrock will always be the base (so no Moonblast)

I'll contribute a few:

Stoutland: B+

+ Available before the first gym.
+ Early evolutions and high stats make it a very powerful party member early on, and it never really falls off.
+ Starting moveset is fantastic, with Take Down and Work Up being very useful moves. Even Baby Doll eyes can see some use to neutralize physical attackers and then set up with Work Up.
+ Gets Crunch at level 24.
+ Great abilities with Intimidate and Scrappy.
+ Facade is another good option for it should you not like Take Down's recoil.

- Pure Normal typing is less than desirable.
- Relies on heart scales for worthwhile coverage outside of Take Down, Facade, and Crunch, and even then Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, and Ice Fang have rather poor power.

- Despite almost always being able to contribute to the player's team, as the game progresses other Pokemon will outshine it.

Feraligatr obtained from Akora Forest (Yes, this makes a big enough difference in viability that it should be ranked separately from a Feraligatr chosen as the player's starter.): B

+ Available once the player makes a little progress into the Sheridan Wetlands. This timing is actually a good thing, as the player can simply slap the exp share on it and not evolve Totodile until it obtains Aqua Tail at level 43. This is the reason why its significantly better than a Totodile chosen as the player's starter Pokemon, as Feraligatr doesn't learn Aqua Tail until level 63.
+ Good attack, defense, and overall decent stats.
+ Sheer Force is a good ability.
+ Pure water typing is good defensively.

+ Can learn nearly all of the available HMs.

- While Sheer Force is a good ability, currently only its coverage moves benefit from this ability due to the lack of Waterfall.
- While not slow, its speed leaves much to be desired.
- Is obtained at level 5 when the player's party should be in their early 40s.

Edited by Personthing

7 hours ago, Personthing said:

I'll contribute a few:

Reveal hidden contents

Stoutland: B+

+ Available before the first gym.
+ Early evolutions and high stats make it a very powerful party member early on, and it never really falls off.
+ Starting moveset is fantastic, with Take Down and Work Up being very useful moves. Even Baby Doll eyes can see some use to neutralize physical attackers and then set up with Work Up.
+ Gets Crunch at level 24.
+ Great abilities with Intimidate and Scrappy.
+ Facade is another good option for it should you not like Take Down's recoil.

- Pure Normal typing is less than desirable.
- Relies on heart scales for worthwhile coverage outside of Take Down, Facade, and Crunch, and even then Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, and Ice Fang have rather poor power.

- Despite almost always being able to contribute to the player's team, as the game progresses other Pokemon will outshine it.

Feraligatr obtained from Akora Forest (Yes, this makes a big enough difference in viability that it should be ranked separately from a Feraligatr chosen as the player's starter.): B

+ Available once the player makes a little progress into the Sheridan Wetlands. This timing is actually a good thing, as the player can simply slap the exp share on it and not evolve Totodile until it obtains Aqua Tail at level 43. This is the reason why its significantly better than a Totodile chosen as the player's starter Pokemon, as Feraligatr doesn't learn Aqua Tail until level 63.
+ Good attack, defense, and overall decent stats.
+ Sheer Force is a good ability.
+ Pure water typing is good defensively.

- While Sheer Force is a good ability, currently only its coverage moves benefit from this ability due to the lack of Waterfall.
- While not slow, its speed leaves much to be desired.
- Is obtained at level 5 when the player's party should be in their early 40s.

I think Feraligatr is Worth B+ or A-...Since you can Breed Ice Punch with Abomasnow And Dragon Dance (Breeding Altaria with Tyrunt And then Breed Tyrunt with Feraligatr)
Few DD Setups This Thing Turns into a Potent Sweeper.

You Can Add Aqua Jet(Breed) for Priority

Edited by Zetto
I Forgot To Mention

1 hour ago, Zetto said:

I think Feraligatr is Worth B+ or A-...Since you can Breed Ice Punch with Abomasnow And Dragon Dance (Breeding Altaria with Tyrunt And then Breed Tyrunt with Feraligatr)
Few DD Setups This Thing Turns into a Potent Sweeper.

That could be considered but I was more going off of a more efficient run without long breeding chains, using the mon for what it gets with TMs and level up. Plus Tyrunt comes rather late in the game if memory serves correctly, so that'd take even longer to bring it back up to speed.

Edited by Personthing

Ninetales (Alolan) (A-/B+)

+ Amazing speed and decent enough special attack

+ Good movepool (Extrasensory, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast (breed), Nasty Plot, Confuse Ray)

+ Fantastic Snow Warning ability, which can get rid of Gym Leader weather, and allows Ninetales to nuke 100% accurate Blizzards

+ Can hold it's own in the few battles you can use it in this version

- Available very late in the game (A-Vulpix after Gym 7, A-Ninetales after Gym 11)

- Quite frail

- No access to Aurora Veil TM yet

18 minutes ago, Personthing said:

That could be considered but I was more going off of a more efficient run without long breeding chains, using the mon for what it gets with TMs and level up.

oh...okay

On 6/23/2017 at 3:38 PM, FactoryofSadness said:

Torterra: C-

+Great offensive stats

+Access to helpful moves such as Leech Seed and Earthquake via level up

+Decent Tammy stats

-HORRID SPEED

-A really bad defensive typing to undermine those tanks stats

-Poor Torterra. It does not fare well in the gym battles at all due to its speed. It sucks against Venam, gets crushed by Keta (Ice Punch Lucario), gets walled by Mariannette (Pyroar and Chatot) and has no real advantages against the gyms (even Valerie gets access to Ice Beam and Erick gets ice moves). It is not treated as well as it is in Reborn because of when it has to fight in key matchups.

honestly i feel that you're kinda underestimating torterra. ofc it's not the greatest grass or ground type out there, but just bc torterra loses to 1 or 2 pokemon on a gym leader's team doesn't mean it has no advantages. curse is really easy to set up against a few gym leaders (notably keta and marianette), and early eq is actually super helpful, especially since there's not many mons that get it early (golem, camerupt, and quagsire are the only useful ones). (btw neither keta's ice punch lucario nor the rest of his team does anything to grotle when it can easily get to +6, and i think torterra can survive at least 1 hit from pyroar before beating it with earthquake)

imo C+ rank, seeing how lunatone is in that tier when it's outclassed by a lot of other rock/psychic types that you can get just as early or just a bit later - xatu, swoobat, alola-raichu, (alola-)golem, crustle, lyranroc, etc.

On 6/24/2017 at 1:35 AM, Candy said:
Spoiler

Dedenne (B+ rank)

• PROS
    • Available early in the game
    • Cute design (probably I'm one of the few who cares about this)
    • Excellent typing: it has two weaknesses, but gains two more resistances and one immunity
    • Pretty good speed, but if not, it paralyzes opponent with nuzzle anyway so outspeed many foes
    • Varied electric moveset - parabolic charge for healing, volt switch for dealing damage and changing with ally, and of course strong attacks like discharge
    • So far tested that it's effective against physical teams (it destroyed Keta's team, even though they didn't always use fighting-type attacks)
      •   Hide contents

I took out the last 3 mons with dedenne alone, using nuzzle to paralyze, charm to lower their attack, and repeating charge --> parabolic charge

My reaction (and all the NPCs that were watching their Sensei get beaten by a little mouse):

594df7c4577eb_ScreenShot2017-06-24at1_08_02AM.png.eb3664c1f591ba87b5e98c8a3f760f4c.png

• CONS
    • Not for competitive play (though this is Rejuv so I doubt this thread is about that)
    • Could have a more varied fairy-type move pool - it only has Play Rough, not even the stat it could use
    • Doesn't evolve (can we get a mega-dedenne pls xD)

In any case, I'll be using the little one for a while and update this list if it proves itself worthy again :P

i feel like dedenne should be a bit lower seeing how it falls off toward the middle of the game, when it gets outclassed by a bunch of electric types (e.g. alola-raichu) or pokemon that can do the charm strategy better (e.g. granbull), but i actually really like using pokemon like dedenne early game. in my most recent save file, i used pachirisu for a similar strategy (+ pickup bonuses) and it actually did really well, even beating volcanion 1v1 (though that is a really easy fight, compared to the mewtwo one), but i eventually replaced it post-marianette in favor for alola-raichu.

i would actually like to know how long it takes for dedenne to actually stop being useful though!

btw if this thread ever dies again and a new one is created (which probably will happen seeing how rejuv is only a little over half complete) - it might be interesting to try a new method of viability rankings, creating a preliminary list first, and then having people write descriptions and argue why pokemon should be moved up/down - i feel like it'd create a bit more discussion on certain pokemon, rather than just having 1/2 people giving their opinions on it. it might also be helpful to encourage discussion on certain pokemon before moving onto others? pretty sure that's how smogon competitive rankings work, and i feel it could create less bias in some opinions, since more people would be giving their opinions. just a suggestion, anw, but it could take a long time before anyone does rankings for pokemon that really suck.

• 1 month later...

I have only just hit Valarie's Gym Battle, but as to my experince so far;

Hariyama - B

+ Great abilities, Guts to turn around a disadvantage, or Thick Fat for more survivability

+ Gets Knock Off by level up

+ Great against several early Gym Leaders and tough Boss battles

+ Can be caught early (before Gym 2)

+ Can be caught with a Black Belt to power its stab up

+ Decent level up moveset, no need to rely on tms

+ Can be used for hm moves

+ Evolves early

- Pretty slow, though this can be mitigated by Force Palm paralysis

- High hp is a chore to heal and can be expensive

Kommo-o: B+

Spoiler

+: Surprisingly solid defensive typing (resists a decent number of leaders (Valerie, Crawli, Amber, Erick) can sponge hits)

+: BST of 600

+: Dragon Dance and solid stab options; with training not much will live a +1/2 dragon claw or sky uppercut at neutral

+: Clanging Scales has some nice niche use (don't have to worry about getting nerfed by burns immediately)

+: Support moves like Protect, Noble Roar, Dragon Tail, alternate set-up options with Belly Drum and Autotomize

+: Nice abilities: All have uses, have used soundproof and overcoat personally

-: Jackpot Starter, so your starting stats will most likely be terrible (my IV average was around 10, I bred it once i got to Sheridan (now a 29 heh)) If you ever roll one (took me a few hours)

-: The first two options pose zero offensive threat until sky uppercut is learned upon evo into the second stage; it needs to a strong supporting cast until it evolves

-: Very shallow movepool due to Tm's not really being a thing

-: won't be able to touch Narcissa's team unless you have Dragon Claw (even then it can't touch Mimikyu)

Togedemaru: A

Spoiler

+: Available much earlier than Magnezone

+: Deceptively good attack and speed with investment

+: Nuzzle auto-paralyzes (with sturdy to guarantee it), Zing-Zap allows for Para-flinch abuse

+: Electric Terrain is a great support option (the run with Toge I also used a Heliolisk, and it created very nice synergy)

+: Able to 1v1 the Kyogre (I did it while laughing hysterically)

+: Decimates Valerie, holds its own in almost every leader battle outside of Amber

+: Enabled me to beat Madame X's Yveltal (With help from a Perish Song from Altaria)

-: Low base stats otherwise

-: No steel offensive coverage