Fire Emblem on the Forums: Stellar Margin [IC]

rokubiraijuu

Rokan_Impressive_Umpromoted.png

Rokan gave a chuckle as he heard the kid speak. “Certainly look tough, playing around with that axe with about eight highly trained professionals helpin’ ya out.” Rokan glanced over at his other allies, taking note of the horseback healer and the easily-spooked bard. “Hopefully highly trained, anyway.” Rokan pulled out an arrow, holding it lightly by the shaft and spinning it around to pass his time. “What do you say? Fancy taking on the rest of them on your own?” The man laughed again, his sarcasm rather obvious.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, he sure talks nice. But one never knows about these hired lapdogs and what their real intentions and loyalties are. Still, he puffs up a little at the praise -- whether it's real or not, he can bask in it a little, can't he? No harm done if this guy's going to lay it on.

tumblr_inline_oqbqk3ZVzv1soyhn7_540.png

"Probably could," he boasts, knowing full well it's a load of hot air but saying it anyway. Fake it till you make it. It's gotten him this far. "Heh, guess that's why they put so much into making sure gladiators don't break free. No one knows how to fight like us." 

tumblr_inline_oqbqkb8nc31soyhn7_540.png

"Speaking of which, why are you guys helping me, anyway? Ain't the Queen's Knights supposed to obey the rules and whatever?"

Cp23Xr1.png

"The battle is far from over. Overconfidence is the deadliest killer I know. So quit wasting your breath spewing hot air and let your weapons do the talking instead. Those are the only thing that matter. Action, not words. There are those that love the luxury of wasting the time that was given to them spewing nonsense. Many of them have died at my hand." A serious remark, but battle wasn't the place for bold face lies and terrible boasts. Braggarts were always the first to die. Akne made a point of slaying them first. Many easily underestimated her either due to her heritage or due to having but a single eye ((and arm if they could tell though most really couldn't due to her manner of dress.)). She was all to familiar with the results of such a thing, constantly being the one to dish out those consequences.

She sped along not really wasting anymore time, she had done enough speaking already. She went to strike at a nearby fighter. Another man that chose an axe as his weapon. Another easy mark. She'd rip him to pieces.

Move to L8, swing violently with an Iron Sword at Fighter 2.

IUhdmQf.png

"This all seems to be a huge misunderstanding, we shouldn't be helping you. Gladiators shouldn't attempt to run, you should know the rules yourself. Although I thank you for your assistance."  Arthur passed besides Akane as she went for her strike, again hoping to assist her by flanking her target and swinging his blade at the poor axeman. 

Move to L10 and attack Axeman 2 with Iron Blade.

herrman_by_ninjacyndaquil-db9ps9f.png

"Mr. Armor sir!" Herrman called out to Arthur. "Y-you should b-be more careful..a-alright?"

She picked her staff up and whispered something to it. A faint light soon envoled its tip and she raised it, casting a serene glow over the armored man.

"T-there. I-it's a pretty a-armor so don't get it too dented..."

L9, use Heal on Arthur

Edited by Bfroger6

Last_rites.png

"Time to deal with more of them yet. Hopefully the mess afterwards isn't too bad," Marcus mutters to himself before taking aim at the fighter below him.

Move to M9 and Bop Fighter 4 unconscious with Lightning (save whoever has to clean these streets a huge mess)

Rokan_Impressive_Umpromoted.png

“I bet I could take on a few of these guys on my own if I had a crossbow on me.” The archer gave a small laugh.

Magic_Failure_Ankero_Rokan_Salam.png

“And my job description says to keep the peace.” Rokan stretched out his arms, referring to the enemies in the surrounding area. “No one likes seein’ soldiers and hired mercenaries in their streets, so we thought we’d help out and try to get them out of here. And these guys attacked us in broad daylight, so this is just self-defense.” The man put emphasis into his words, trying to sound more official than he probably was. Rokan gave a serious expression to the boy, though his more casual tone seemed to conflict with his face. “We’re just doin’ our job. If anything, you’re volunteering here, not us.”

“And don’t worry.” Rokan looked over to the woman toting the sword. “Old habits die hard, he’s a gladiator. They probably train these guys to be complete showoffs to put on a nice show.” Though, whether or not that was actually true, Rokan didn’t know for himself. He only heard about it from other people in his ranks, and they probably weren't the most truthful. “A little bit of boasting won't harm the kid. Better than some sniveling wimp trying to help us out.”

Akane's sword makes quick work of the fighter, and she proves too quick for him to hit..

Spoiler

(Akane has the advantage!)
(Akane will attack twice!)
(Akane has first pickings!)
(Fighter 2 is in trees!)

Akane:
Attack: 8
Hit: 100%
Crit: 2%

Fighter 2:
Attack: 12
Hit: 44%
Crit: 0%

Akane's attack, 46, hit!
Fighter 2's counterattack, 96, miss!
Akane's attack, 88, hit!

Fighter 2 takes 16 damage!

A single strike of Arthur's blade is more than enough to finish him off.

Spoiler

(Arthur has the advantage!)
(Arthur is winding down!)
(Fighter 2 is in trees!)

Arthur:
Attack: 11
Hit: 80%
Crit: 1%

Fighter 2:
Attack: 5
Hit: 68%

Arthur's attack, 4, hit!

Fighter 2 is defeated with 11 damage!

With a bolt of magic, the other fighter also goes down, out like a light before he even knew what hit him.

Spoiler

(Marcus is in trees!)
(Fighter 4 is daunted!)

Marcus:
Attack: 9
Hit: 94%
Crit: 5%

Fighter 4:
Attack: --
Hit: --
Crit: --

Marcus's attack, 55, hit!

Fighter 4 is defeated with 9 damage!

"Who peed in your breakfast this morning?" Noah mumbles to himself as he watches the swordswoman rush off to engage the fighter further west. It's not like he'd been asking for her opinion on anything. And the armored guy too -- a goody two shoes, no doubt. That kind of mindset really ticks him off, but who cares. He can think whatever he wants.

"H-Hey, don't go calling me out like that!" Noah's attention snaps back to Rokan at his words, indignation coming briefly over his face. "Jeez . . . well, at least you don't look like as much of a hardass as your buddies. If you guys aren't doing this for me, then I guess we can just say that we've just happened to make the same enemy."

Cheat Sheet:

Spoiler

Enemies: Health, Weapons
Archer 1: (0/19) Iron Bow (44/45)
Archer 2: (19/19) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer 3: (19/19) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer 4: (19/19) Iron Bow (45/45)
Fighter 1: (0/22) Iron Axe (44/45)
Fighter 2: (0/22) Iron Axe (44/45)
Fighter 3: (0/22) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter 4: (0/22) Iron Axe (44/45)
Fighter 5: (22/22) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter 6: (22/22) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter 7: (22/22) Iron Axe (45/45), Vulnerary (Droppable)
Fighter 8: (22/22) Hatchet (35/35)
Mercenary 1: (0/20) Iron Sword (44/45)
Mercenary 2: (0/20) Iron Sword (44/45), Vulnerary (Droppable)
Mercenary 3: (20/20) Iron Blade (45/45) (Droppable)
Mercenary 4: (20/20) Iron Sword (45/45)
Mercenary 5: (20/20) Iron Sword (45/45)
Soldier 1: (0/21) Iron Lance (43/45)
Captain: (0/21) Iron Javelin (42/45), Slim Lance (35/35) (Droppable)
Soldier 3: (21/21) Iron Lance (45/45)
Soldier 4: (21/21) Iron Lance (45/45)
Thief 1: (0/18) Iron Dagger (43/45)
Thief 2: (18/18) Iron Knife (40/40) (Droppable)
Leofric: (25/25) Eris (30/30), Iron Knife (40/40)

Players: Health, Weapons
Marcus: (18/18) Lightning (36/40), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved
Arthur: (21/22) Iron Blade (41/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved
Marek: (22/22) Iron Halberd (40/45), Slim Lance (35/35), Vulnerary (3/3), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved
Wren: (19/19) Vulnerary (3/3) 
Herrman: (16/17) Iron Axe (44/45), Heal (29/30), Vulnerary (1/3) Moved
Rokan: (11/20) Iron Bow (41/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved
Elise: (18/18) Iron Javelin (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Lance (45/45) 
Akane: (20/20) Iron Sword (40/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved

Noah: (22/22) Hand Axe (27/30), Vulnerary (3/3)

EXP Tracker: 11/100 Level up!

tumblr_oqdgd31CC41r02sq5o1_100.png

"Y-yeah... you're telling me..." Wren mutters to himself as he catches up with the one-armed sword-wielding woman who'd threatened him earlier, and the old man who'd patronized him. Why was he helping these people again? He could just as easily duck into a nearby house and wait it out. Oh. Right. Queen's Knights. Explaining why he didn't help his fellows was going to be a lot worse than trying to meager himself out of blame for what they caused... He starts to play a little tune halfheartedly, only to remember Akane's threat. The rest of the short song is much more enthusiastic.

Move to M8 and double-bard Akane and Marcus!

Rokan_Smug_Unpromoted.png

“That sounds good.” Rokan spun his arrow between his fingers, the speed forming a circle for anyone with eyes not quick enough to see. “Just stay safe. We got into this trouble because of you, I think we'd all prefer you're still around by the end of it.” The archer tossed the arrow into the air, spinning around as it fell back to his hand. "Even if most of us want you alive to bring back to these guys."

“Oh, right.” The man blinked as he realized a detail he had never gotten. “Name’s Rokan. Do you like being called ‘kid’ or you wanna be called something else?”

Last_rites_closed_eyes.png

"You know, I've listened to a lot of bards in my time, but you sir take the prize for the worst under pressure," Marcus groans at the partially halfhearted musical display. "Whatever, I didn't come and join this guard for the music, so I guess we should clean up," Marcus says as he moves forward.

Moves to M12

Cp23Xr1.png

Akane didn't really agree with the sentiment of Arthur in his words this particular instance. She didn't believe owning people was... something that should be done. It didn't help that her people were constant targets of slave traders looking to sell fresh meat to the lords and those that participated in a disgusting sport. She knew however in this world that opinion wasn't popular. She'd keep it to herself. It wasn't a cause she had the time to fight for. She had a much more selfish mission to accomplish first.

The boy was correct though. She wasn't fighting for him. She was fighting to defend herself. If he couldn't defend himself, he deserved his fate. There'd be no sympathy from her. Akane didn't really speak to answer anyone after though, she was more focused on the battle, waiting for more enemies to approach. She stood like a demon on the battlefield, her strange and exotic Western Styled sword resting on her shoulders. Her form emanating malice.

Move to L11

[ ENEMY PHASE ]

"Oh boy, here they come. Don't just stand around, guys! Let's show them what we're here for!"

Mercenary 3 moves to J15.

Archer 2 moves to I16.

"Huh?" Hearing the commotion arriving past the row of houses, the fighter looks up from what he'd been doing. "Ah, already? Man, I'm not even done with . . . ah, whatever, I'll just leave this here and come back to it. Whatever's causing trouble shouldn't take too long."

Fighter 5 moves to Q16.

Thief 2 moves to H20.

[ ALLY PHASE ]

"Staying safe never helped nobody. If it's all the same to you, I think I'll face my problems, thanks. Heh, name's Noah." He turns to see some of the mercenaries rounding the next block ahead and frowns. "Looks like they're getting the picture."

Move to O13.

tumblr_or01fdvZQ31udc4xno1_1280.png

Turn 5

Rokan's Imbue heals 4HP. 

Cheat Sheet:

Spoiler

Mercenary 3: (20/20) Iron Blade (45/45) (Droppable)

Marcus: (18/18) Lightning (36/40), Vulnerary (3/3) 
Arthur: (21/23) Iron Blade (41/45), Vulnerary (3/3) 
Marek: (22/22) Iron Halberd (40/45), Slim Lance (35/35), Vulnerary (3/3), Vulnerary (3/3) 
Herrman: (16/17) Iron Axe (44/45), Heal (29/30), Vulnerary (1/3) 
Rokan: (15/21) Iron Bow (41/45), Vulnerary (3/3) 
Elise: (18/19) Iron Javelin (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Lance (45/45) 
Akane: (20/21) Iron Sword (40/45), Vulnerary (3/3) 

Noah: (22/23) Hand Axe (27/30), Vulnerary (3/3)

EXP Tracker: 13/100

Cp23Xr1.png

"I'll agree with that sentiment in part. Being overly cautious in battle can be just as deadly as recklessness. However, it's no excuse to substitute it with foolishness." She said once more to the child. She thought one of his upbringing should understand this already, however, she figured that those battles were anything but. They were showboating... and for entertainment. He had never seen real battle until now. Sure... he'd probably killed before. But it wasn't the same. It wasn't the same thing that had shaped who she was. His soul seemed much more innocent. It wasn't blackened and filled with tar like the men they were fighting. It also wasn't like hers... frozen. Incapable of feeling as she once had been. It flowed more like water. Perhaps like hers once had.

She didn't really have much time to soulgaze though. As more enemies rounded the corner brandishing real weapons this time. "Hmmm... more hired maggots." she spit in their direction. "Luckily for us our foe seems incapable of being able to discern what talent is. Their lackeys are rather terrible at this combat thing. At least they decided to pick up real weapons this time. Maybe they'll be some challenge." she said cracking a slight smirk.

Move to K15, attack Merc 3 with Iron Sword.

IUhdmQf.png

"Oh..." Arthur only realized his wounds when they were gone, he had become so used to bleeding and fighting that it was hard to remember being hurt. "Thank you, I'll be more careful. But I must fight, that is our job. Please keep assisting me. And uh... It's Arthur... Being called Sir just feels weird." With that said, he took off running to the front lines, when he arrived he beat his sword against his shield. He observed his enemies, ready to fight whoever took the challenge.

Move to N13

Rokan_Hmph_Umpromoted.png

"Can't say I never tried, at least." Rokan took position after watching the child move forward to enemy range. Seeing a particular enemy in the distance, he thought he'd try to get the boy's attention again. "Keep an eye on that lancer. You can take him down easy."

Move to Q13 and hold

Akane and the mercenary exchange blows, each landing fairly severe hits on the other.

Spoiler

(Mercenary 3 is inspiring others!)
(Akane has first pickings!)
(Akane will attack twice!)

Akane:
Hit: 98%

Mercenary 3:
Hit: 64%

Akane's attack, 80, hit!
Mercenary 3's counterattack, 21, hit!
Akane's attack, 39, hit!

Akane takes 12 damage!
Mercenary 3 takes 18 damage!

Cheet Sheet:

Spoiler

Mercenary 3: (2/20) Iron Blade (44/45) (Droppable)

Marcus: (18/18) Lightning (36/40), Vulnerary (3/3) 
Arthur: (21/23) Iron Blade (41/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved
Marek: (22/22) Iron Halberd (40/45), Slim Lance (35/35), Vulnerary (3/3), Vulnerary (3/3) 
Herrman: (16/17) Iron Axe (44/45), Heal (29/30), Vulnerary (1/3) 
Rokan: (15/21) Iron Bow (41/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved
Elise: (18/19) Iron Javelin (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Lance (45/45) 
Akane: (8/21) Iron Sword (38/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved

Noah: (22/23) Hand Axe (27/30), Vulnerary (3/3)

EXP Tracker: 16/100

Edited by rokubiraijuu

qwKo57b.png

"Archers... it's always wandrought archers. They never change" Erce flew high enough to surveying the rest of the field was relatively easy, and he could spot a bowman from a mile away, no matter how well they tried to hide themselves- which... these ones admittedly did not. Infact, they were just asking for someone to come up behind them and give em a good shiv, standing exposed out in the streets like that. Still, riding into that mess was not something he relished. 

The smart thing to do would be to simply hang back, wait for the others to clean up these mooks; he'd done more than his fair share already, had lost count of how many he'd felled. But only because he hadn't been keeping one to begin with. But though it would've been the smart way to go about things, it wasn't that Marek particularly liked, as he thought of it. Even now, Miyagi's words echoed in his mind:

Spoiler

OvNA0SJ.png

"HAH! Fall back, disengage and wait in safety while our comrades risk their own lives? We are LESTLIANS, boy! We do not know the meaning of such cowardly tactics; if some poor bastard with a bow stands in our way, we do not order our mounts back! No, WE BLAZE FORWARD, on foot if we must, and we tear them apart no different than any other foe. Do you understand boy!? When you seek to rule the skies, you must allow no challenge to your claim, no matter how far away, or how well prepared!

Now then... hurry up and kill that Brigand Archer so we won't be late! Damned if I'm going to have some pissant take potshots at me as we fly over."

Memories of home fresh in his mind, he was more than ready to go. With a mighty shout, he steered Erce forward, the Wyvern protesting at the sight of the archers but trusting the boy enough to press onward anyway... cautiously

Riqbe6j.png

"Fuck it, Let's DO THIS!" He dropped from her back just as they passed over another small thicket further south, coming up from a well rehearsed roll before waving her off back to the north "Why don't you have a snack, save whoever has to clean up behind this fight some Grief eh? I'll take care of the archers... heheheh...been a while since I killed someone on foot. Reminds me of Graydale."

BvPEeYb.png

The wyvern merely rolled her eyes at his bravado, but whatever. She had known him long enough to just trust his antics honestly, and she was... rather peckish anyway; killing wandroughts was hard work afterall. With a roar, she veered off back the way they'd flown, scanning the ground until she found the body of that oh so stuck up captain and landed with a dull thud.

LNO0o2t.png

His pissy attitude had irked her the most out of all of em, so he was most definitely going to be first....

N15, Dismount

herrman_by_ninjacyndaquil-db9ps9f.png

"Alright, Sir Arthur. I-I mean Arthur. M-mr Arthur." Herrman nods at the armored man before grabbing hold of the situation and galloping towards the bulk of the group where she could better assist them from, which subsequently led her right on Arthur's tail again.

"O-oh hello again." She bowed slightly.

N12, hold

Last_rites_closed_eyes.png

"Looks like I'll be going forward," Marcus groans before looking back towards the bard. "Oi, mind moving a bit closer. Otherwise I'll think you're bailing on us."

Moves to L15 and zaps merc with Lightning

tumblr_oqdgd31CC41r02sq5o1_100.png

Expression twisting to a frown, Wren jogs after Markus. "I am not 'bailing out on you.' Or anyone for that matter," he replies indignantly, really wishing none of the enemy soldiers had heard his words and could use them against him. Then again... if things kept playing out as they had, there'd be no one left alive to tell. Still. "I said I would fight with you all as a Queen's Knight, and I am. What more to you want..." His conviction peters out into almost a whine at the end there, Wren's frown only deepening as he presses himself to a tree for shelter.

Move to L10 and Wait.

Edited by aliettite

The mercenary manages to see Marcus' incoming attack from behind Akane and dodges out of the way of the flash of lightning.

Spoiler

Marcus:
Hit: 77%
Crit: 4%

Mercenary 3:

Marcus' attack, 93, miss!

Flying in, Elise throws two javelin shots, each one hitting their mark on the unsuspecting fighter.

Spoiler

(Elise is hard to catch!)
(Elise will attack twice!)
(Fighter 5 has the advantage!)

Elise:
Hit: 67%

Fighter 5:

Elise's attack, 54, hit!
Elise's attack, 42, hit!

Fighter 5 takes 16 damage!

[ ENEMY PHASE ]

Archer 2 moves to K17 and attacks Akane.

Having seen Akane attack previously, the archer is able to target her weak side. His shot is crippling, and Akane falls.

Spoiler

(Archer 2 is in trees!)
(Archer 2 is targeting a weakpoint!)
(Archer 2 is inspired by Mercenary 3!)
(Akane has a weakened defense!)
(Akane is a one-armed demon!)

Archer 2:
Hit: 84%

Akane:

Archer 2's attack, 47, hit!
(4: crit!)

Akane is defeated with a devastating 24 damage!

Mercenary 3 moves to L16 and attacks Marcus.

Slipping into the trees, the swordsman strikes out at the monk. Wounded by the blow, Marcus misses his counterattack.

Spoiler

(Mercenary 3 is in trees!)
(Marcus has scouted Mercenary 3!)

Mercenary 3:
Hit: 61%

Marcus:
Hit: 67%
Crit: 14%

Mercenary 3's attack, 20, hit!
Marcus' counterattack, 100, miss!

Marcus takes 12 damage!

Soldier 3 moves to M15 and attacks Marcus.

Marcus manages to dodge the impending fatal blow and retaliate with a spell of his own, wounding the soldier.

Spoiler

(Soldier 3 is inspired by Mercenary 3!)

(Marcus will attack twice!)

Soldier 3:
Attack: 10
Hit: 71%

Marcus:
Hit: 80%

Soldier 3's attack, 91, miss!
Marcus' counterattack, 26, hit!

Marcus' counterattack, 33, hit!

Soldier 3 takes 18 damage!

Fighter 5 moves to Q14 and attacks Rokan.

Moving into the trees, he takes a swing at Rokan, but his injuries from the javelins cause him to miss his strike.

Spoiler

(Fighter 5 is daunted!)
(Fighter 5 is in trees!)

Fighter 5:
Hit: 56%

Rokan:

Fighter 5's attack, 71, miss!

Archer 3 moves to Q15 and attacks Rokan.

Moving to shoot Rokan, the two fire arrows at each other from a distance, each slightly injuring the other bowman.

Spoiler

(Rokan is vulnerable to archers!)

Archer 3:
Attack: 4
Hit: 98%

Rokan:
Attack: 7
Hit: 85%

Archer 3's attack, 38, hit!
Rokan's attack, 51, hit!

Rokan takes 4 damage!
Archer 3 takes 7 damage!

Thief 2 moves to E19.

"Man, finally. While those royal dogs are wasting their breath on these bozos, I think I'll nab me some . . . ooh, what's that! . . . Doesn't look like anyone's home. Doooon't mind if I just help myself, then. This'll go for a pretty price."

Steals Sleep Staff.

[ ALLY PHASE ]

tumblr_inline_oqbqkdEuUk1soyhn7_540.png

Well, Rokan had said something about the soldier, and yeah, he could go after that guy and help out the swordswoman who just fell. But the monk over there had frisked him without even asking, earlier, and that sword lady had probably had it coming, anyway, with how she'd rushed in like that. And right after giving him a speech about being reckless, too. Just desserts, he thinks. "Hey Rokie, need a hand?"

Noah moves to P15 and attacks Archer 3.

With a yell, he drives the hand axe into the archer's side, grievously wounding him and leaving him on his last legs.

Spoiler

(Archer 3 is daunted!)
(Noah is on the offensive!)

Noah:
Attack: 11
Hit: 66%

Archer 3:

Noah's attack, 22, hit!

Archer 3 takes 11 damage!

tumblr_or77kuyQX21udc4xno1_1280.png

Turn 6

Rokan's Imbue heals 4HP.

Cheat Sheet:

Spoiler

Archer 2: (19/19) Iron Bow (44/45)
Archer 3: (1/19) Iron Bow (44/45)
Fighter 5: (6/22) Iron Axe (45/45)
Mercenary 3: (2/20) Iron Blade (43/45) (Droppable)
Soldier 3: (3/21) Iron Lance (45/45)
Thief 2: (18/18) Iron Knife (40/40) (Droppable), Sleep Staff (20/20)

Marcus: (6/18) Lightning (34/40)E, Vulnerary (3/3) 
Arthur: (21/23) Iron Blade (41/45)E, Vulnerary (3/3) 
Marek: (22/22) Iron Halberd (40/45)E, Slim Lance (35/35), Vulnerary (3/3), Vulnerary (3/3) 
Herrman: (16/17) Iron Axe (44/45), Heal (29/30)E, Vulnerary (1/3) 
Rokan: (15/21) Iron Bow (40/45)E, Vulnerary (3/3) 
Elise: (18/19) Iron Javelin (43/45)E, Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Lance (45/45) 
Akane: (0/21) Iron Sword (38/45)E, Vulnerary (3/3) Downed 1/3

Noah: (22/23) Hand Axe (26/30)E, Vulnerary (3/3)

EXP Tracker: 34/100

Edited by rokubiraijuu

qwKo57b.png

"Huh, well... this is uh... unexpected," In all honesty, he had anticipated at least one of these wandroughts to try and challenge him. But lo and behold, the fools had ran right past him, like he wasn't even there. Perhaps he'd taken a few levels in stealth without even realizing it?

Hah, like hell he had. Dropping down, hooting and shouting like some zealous shock trooper, the only way of them had missed it would be if they were deaf.

Still though... this situation put him in... quite the interesting position. Quite a few weakened men nearby, all of em just a thrust or halberd hack away from biting the dust.... hmmmmm... but who was the biggest target?

On 6/3/2017 at 9:30 PM, rokubiraijuu said:

[ ENEMY PHASE ]

Mercenary 3: "Oh boy, here they come. Don't just stand around, guys! Let's show them what we're here for!"

The merc's words echoed in his mind, as he turned his attention ever so slightly to the east, and sure enough saw the man making good on his enthusiasm. He might've smirked, if this had been some drunken brawl and not an all out death-match in the streets; this guy kinda felt like a kindred spirit in a way- a real go getter of a fighter. When the going got tough, he obviously did as well. Well... Marek supposed that despite his promise to the captain, he didn't have to kill ALL his men... hell, technically speaking, a mercenary was no man's but their own, if anything. So....

He walked out of the forest, his way now totally clear with most of the enemies further north. The Halberd he carried vanished in the same plume of black fire it had materialized with, replaced with the very same spear he'd gotten from ol' Captain. Would kinda defeat the point of just whacking him upside the head, if the weapon he used for it was heavy enough to still kill the man either way.

And then, he was finally behind him. Without a word, he crept up behind the mercenary as best he could, swinging the butt of the lance with a decent amount of force. The man was lucky that he felt some odd kinship to him... against most of the others, he wouldn't have thought twice about turning that lance right around to the proper end...

L17, Crack Merc 3 on the back of the head with Slim Lance