Fire Emblem on the Forums: Stellar Margin [IC]

rokubiraijuu

tumblr_oqdgd31CC41r02sq5o1_100.png

"Whether you endorse it or not isn't any matter -- the fact is that this boy belongs to his master, and he's rightfully his so we should return him to him as responsible subjects of Her Royal Highness the Queen. You would return a lost dog if you caught it in the streets, wouldn't you?" Wren frowns, crossing his arms. Of course these people wouldn't understand -- they didn't walk in the circles he grew up in. "...If you're planning on letting him go, I wish not to have a part in it. I'll take my leave of this." The last thing he needed was to associate the Cross name with an act of theft like this, carried out by Queen's Knights no less. 

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_inline_oqbqk2DJcH1soyhn7_540.png

The boy scoffs. "You're the Queen's Knights, so you fight for her, right? Enforce her rules and stuff?" The blueblood with the hair that looks like moss isn't any surprise; just another Sathori noble like the rest of them. "Whatever, you caught me, so just get it over with. The soldiers'll give me back to my master and he'll do whatever he wants. Better yet, just put me down like a rabid animal. Probably be saving me the walk back to the house."

Suddenly, the sound of the soldiers returning in the distance seems to change the boy's resolve and his tone hardens.

tumblr_inline_oqbqkb8nc31soyhn7_540.png

"Or you can give me my axe back and let me at least go down fighting. You can even watch, if you want. S'what you guys do anyway."

qwKo57b.png

"Hmph... a gladiator eh? Well, guess that explains what that fool captain mentioned about little foxes and pens. Not that I really care about gladiator events or really agree with the practice of glorified slavery in the first place, but it is under the law, unfortunately... and when in Rome..." Marek paused, thinking for a moment "Who was your master, by chance? I want to hear the whole story first before we decide to cast final judgement."

Last_rites_smirk.png

"I don't feel like watching someone throw their life away. There are better ways to go. What I want right now are answers. Perhaps the soldiers can answer a few questions, or perhaps you could," Marcus glances at the green-haired man. "You seem to be quite sure of the status of this man. You know anything about who his 'master' would be? I'd like to get all the facts before handling a matter such as this. Old habits."

Magic_Failure_Ankero_Rokan_Salam.png

“Should give him at least a bit of time to explain...” Trying to make a quick idea, the man noticed the hand axe they had taken from the boy.

“Hey, you.” Rokan nodded over to Marek, asking for his attention. “Mind if I take that axe real quick? I got a plan.”

Edited by InnocentSerenity

Sighing and looking a little more disgruntled, the man waves a hand at Marcus and the boy. "I may be connected, but I can't possibly know every little gladiator belonging to every nobleman or woman in Sathor," he replies, hunching slightly with his arms still crossed, not wanting to dally around here any longer with the approaching footsteps only getting louder. "If anything, the boy knows. Boy -- answer the man. Who do you claim as as your master?"

Edited by aliettite

8 minutes ago, InnocentSerenity said:

“Should give him at least a bit of time to explain...Hey, you. Mind if I take that axe real quick? I got a plan.”

qwKo57b.png

"Huh? oh...well, look at that." it was only then that Marek actually heard the guards coming around again in the distance. He glanced once at the boy and the resolve on his face, back in the direction the men were coming, then finally to the archer. "Eh fine, I suppose you have a point. Don't know what you're about to do, but I suppose it won't matter if we happen to turn him in later rather than sooner... if we do at all." because, of course, who knows? Maybe the kid's master was an asshat, in which case, Marek would have no real issue with turning a blind eye to all this.

"here, catch" he said before tossing it underhanded to the archer, making it carry through the air in such a way that it would take an absolute dunce to somehow completely miss the handle and cut themselves on accident... especially in the shoulder.

Rokan_Hmph_Umpromoted.png

Rokan caught the axe, stumbling as he realized how heavy it was. “Dang, this kid’s pretty tough if he can handle this thing.” After a bit of time getting used to the weight, Rokan looked over at the room they had just been through earlier. “Hey, kid, go fetch.” Rokan threw the axe into the room, making sure he didn’t accidentally hit anyone on the way. “Fetch soon, hopefully.” Rokan looked at the kid, shaking his head in the direction of the soldiers slowly approaching. "Unless you like being caught."

He looks from Moss Head to the old guy to the . . . he doesn't have a name for him yet, but the guy with a bright red hair. "I mean, shouldn't it be obvious? Fenway, duh. The son of a bitch just wants to see gladiators -- hey!" Seeing Marek pass off his hand axe to the archer, he cuts off mid-statement. "What're you doing with that? Give it back!" And seeing him toss it into the arena's front hall, his eyes widen. "Huh?"

"There he is! With the Queen's Knights!"

"Are they helping him?"

"Either way, we're here to put down the kid. More trouble than he's worth, Lord Fenway said."

tumblr_inline_oqcbifNQRQ1soyhn7_540.png

Well, fetch it is. Without another word, he bolts into the arena as fast as his legs can carry him, after his axe.

A heartbeat later, the Captain steps up to the Knights with an unimpressed look on his face. "With all due respect, I saw you helped that boy get away. Is this what the Queen's Knights have come to?"

"--Fenway, duh."

And Wren feels his stomach drop to the soles of his boots. Goddess preserve him, this is not what he needed to deal with right now. Then the guards arrive and the kid scampers free and now he looks like he'd had a hand in this. Time to backtrack, and fast. "I am not a part of this, sir," he says to the captain, hands raised in a gesture of surrender. "I told my comrades we should just return the boy and I absolve myself of any guilt on their behalf -- they knew where I stood." A pitiful excuse, but it was the best he could come up with off the top of his head. Hopefully the man would buy it... then he could figure out how to wiggle his fellow knights free from their own situation.

Rokan_Failure_Umpromoted.png

"Dangit, too late." Rokan let out a sigh, his expression returning to a rather dull frown.

“I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.” Rokan shrugged his shoulders as the guards spoke to them, feigning ignorance. “There was an axe on the ground, I had it, didn’t want it, threw it away. Seemed like it belonged to some nice merchant, maybe that was the one who went after it.” The man let out a yawn, a tell that would prove to anyone who knew him well enough that he was lying. Luckily, that didn't include anyone around here, hopefully. "His face looked a bit too clean for a Gladiator, I'll tell ya that."

Cp23Xr1.png

"You disgust me." Akane spoke as soon as the bard was done running his mouth. His entire attitude had gone beyond the point of annoying her already but selling out the people he was supposed to be comrades with was a new low. A pitiful noble trying to save his stupid useless hide. and one clearly intent that the practice of treating people as property was just ordinary. She'd spit in his face if she could.

She drew her sword and leveled it directly at him. "You're one of the Queen's Guard are you not? How about you act like one instead of a spineless coward... Otherwise I'll take your head for myself.

Last_rites_smirk.png

"So that's what kind of person you are. Not surprising really," he muses in regards to the bard before looking towards the captain. "We at least managed to get the boy into custody for some time. Speaking of which, I have to ask something. Why go through the trouble of offing the kid. I don't see much difference between that and him running off to some corner of the world. Have any explanations?"

It's times like this where one is supposed to make some sort of smart remark, but considering he's currently caught between a possible arrest, shaming his family name, and now the edge of a sword poised right at his throat, clever words escape him entirely. Swallowing hard, eyes wide with fear glued to the sword in Akane's hand, he squeaks out a pained little laugh, backing up a step. "M-my Lady, this is hardly the time to--th-the time to make such-- f-forgive me I didn't mean to..." Whatever Wren has to say after than fades into mumbled nonsense. What had he been supposed to do? Lie? He was innocent of the whole thing, so why shouldn't he left them know? But he wasn't about to test his luck with this woman here.

qwKo57b.png

"He's got a point there." Marek retorted after Marcus. He largely tried to... ignore the oddly dressed woman leveling her blade at the bard. in all honesty, he was getting rather fed up with the guy himself, so... he'd get no help from the rider here "besides, you lot were so damn incompetent you literally missed the boy while he hid in plain sight. Were it not for our intervention right now, you'd be scouring every inch of this damn city trying to find a little runaway. So don't ask what we've come to, bucko, but what you have. Technically speaking, We just completed part of your job for you."

Cp23Xr1.png

"It's the perfect time honestly. If you cut and run you're my enemy. And I'll cut you down faster than a leaf on the wind. And with the utmost pleasure, Beeeeeeeeeeeeeelieve me. However, if you really are one of the Queen's Guard, and prove yourself useful... maybe I won't have to gut you like a fish." She said not really lowering her sword any at all. "Besides... the way this is going I'm going to need this blade regardless."

"Incredible," the captain remarks dryly, seeing the interchange between Wren and Akane. "I never knew the Queen's Knights were so divided in their ranks. To be expected when they let just anyone in."

He turns his attention back to Rokan with a frown. " . . . I never said anything about a Gladiator. So you were helping him." Heaving a sigh, he shakes his head at Marcus' question. "My orders from Lord Fenway are not for you to question, even if you are a Queen's Knight. He has his reas -- "

Whatever he had been about to say cuts off as soon as he hears Marek's disparaging comment. The captain's jaw tightens, but otherwise he merely tightens his grip on his lance. "Need I remind you that you are the ones who helped him escape? I don't have time for this. For breaking the law, you're no better than the enemy. Men, to arms!" he calls, falling back to the middle of the ranks as the soldiers begin swarming the streets, surrounding the outside of the arena.

"Hey!" From the interior, the boy emerges again, this time hefting his hand axe. "I'm not about to let some flashy Queen's Knights fight my battles for me."

WIN: Defeat Boss.

LOSS: All Player Units Die or Noah Dies.

tumblr_oqe5fqleuA1skz74so1_1280.png

Turn 1

Cheatsheet

Spoiler

Enemies: Health, Weapons
Archer 1: (19/19) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer 2: (19/19) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer 3: (19/19) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer 4: (19/19) Iron Bow (45/45)
Fighter 1: (22/22) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter 2: (22/22) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter 3: (22/22) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter 4: (22/22) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter 5: (22/22) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter 6: (22/22) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter 7: (22/22) Iron Axe (45/45), Vulnerary (Droppable)
Fighter 8: (22/22) Hatchet (35/35)
Mercenary 1: (20/20) Iron Sword (45/45)
Mercenary 2: (20/20) Iron Sword (45/45), Vulnerary (Droppable)
Mercenary 3: (20/20) Iron Blade (45/45) (Droppable)
Mercenary 4: (20/20) Iron Sword (45/45)
Mercenary 5: (20/20) Iron Sword (45/45)
Soldier 1: (21/21) Iron Lance (45/45)
Soldier 2 / Captain: (21/21) Iron Javelin (45/45), Slim Lance (35/35) (Droppable)
Soldier 3: (21/21) Iron Lance (45/45)
Soldier 4: (21/21) Iron Lance (45/45)
Thief 1: (18/18) Iron Dagger (45/45)
Thief 2: (18/18) Iron Knife (40/40) (Droppable)
Leofric: (25/25) Eris (30/30), Iron Knife (40/40)

Players: Health, Weapons
Marcus: (18/18) Lightning (40/40), Vulnerary (3/3)
Arthur: (22/22) Iron Sword (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Marek: (22/22) Iron Halberd (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Wren: (19/19) Vulnerary (3/3)
Herrman: (17/17) Iron Axe (45/45), Heal (30/30), Vulnerary (3/3)
Rokan: (20/20) Iron Bow (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Elise: (18/18) Iron Javelin (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Akane: (20/20) Iron Sword (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Noah: (22/22) Hand Axe (30/30), Vulnerary (3/3)

EXP Tracker: 0/100

r31gQRA.png

"Tch, that it then, mate? Fine, I was getting tired of you wandroughts and your attitudes anyway...just a bunch of pompous lackies-" Marek held out his hand, a flame darker than midnight burning in his palm, seeming to absorb all light around it as it spread out into a shaft and finally a head. With one flick of his wrist, his mind at work recalling every last detail of the halberd down to the nicks and notches it had earned over the years, he brought the pole-arm to bear, it's dark flames fading into embers and finally nothing as the light returned. 

With one mighty bellow to the heavens, his voice carrying almost like a wyvern's cry, there came a sudden roar in the distance. And as soon as it reached them, there was a shape in the skies to the north, a streak of fiery orange silhouetted against the mid day sun, before the beast's war cry intensified and she touched down in-front in front of the man.

qwKo57b.png

"Erce, it's feeding time."

LNO0o2t.png

The wyvern gnashed her teeth at the declaration, tongue flaying out with a snarl as her rider hopped onto her back, eyeing the Captain just a few yards away. Bastard was too scared to even face him man to man, it seemed. Oh, but he'd take care of him soon enough...

r31gQRA.png

"Screw what I said earlier. I've heard enough; the boy lives. You lot though..."

Last_rites.png

"Whenever someone claims to have their reasons, something sketchy is definitely happening," Marcus states, readying his tome. "Didn't quite expect this kind of mess, but we'll manage."

Moves to O3 and shoots some lightning at the poor soldier.

Rokan_Dastard_Umpromoted.png

“Nice job, me...” Mentally hitting himself for his little slip, he reached for one of the arrows in his quiver. “No time to waste, then.”

Rokan_I_SUMMON_THEE_Unpromoted.png

Holding his ammunition by the stele, he placed its arrowhead onto his forehead as he muttered faint incantations. Anima, grant me strength...” A surge of energy begin to flow through him as he dashed past his allies, preparing an arrow for the Fighter. “Could use some help here!” 

Move to N6 and deliver an arrow straight to the Fighter

Edited by InnocentSerenity

r31gQRA.png

"Oh, I'll do more than just 'manage' these stuck-up cowards..." with her partner taking His Halberd in hand, Erce carried them into the air, both prepared to follow up the Monk's assault with one of their own...

O4, Hack at Soldier 1 with Halberd, Canto to P2

Not expecting to be rushed by a magic user right off the bat, the soldier isn't quite ready for the attack and takes a hit.

Spoiler

(Soldier 1 is daunted!)

Marcus:
Attack: 9
Hit: 90%
Crit: 5%

Soldier 1:
Attack: --
Hit: --
Crit: --

Marcus' attack, 66, hit!

Soldier 1 takes 9 damage!

Rokan's arrow soars true and strikes the fighter in the side, wounding him slightly.

Spoiler

Rokan:
Attack: 8
Hit: 94%
Crit: 2%

Fighter 1:
Attack: --
Hit: --
Crit: --

Rokan's attack, 80, hit!

Fighter 1 takes 8 damage!

Marek swoops in to get in another strike on the soldier, but this time the man sees it coming and manages to swerve out of the way. His own lance only glances off Erce's scales, but it's something.

Spoiler

(Soldier 1 is daunted!)
(Marek has shadow sight!)
(Marek is protected by dragon scales!)

Marek:
Attack: 9
Hit: 84%
Crit: 1%

Soldier 1:
Attack: 1
Hit: 73%

Marek's attack, 96, miss!
Soldier 1's counterattack, 71, hit!

Marek takes 1 damage!

Cheat Sheet:

Spoiler

Fighter 1: (14/22) Iron Axe (45/45)
Soldier 1: (12/21) Iron Lance (44/45)
Soldier 2 / Captain: (21/21) Iron Javelin (45/45), Slim Lance (35/35) (Droppable)

Marcus: (18/18) Lightning (39/40), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved
Arthur: (22/22) Iron Sword (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Marek: (21/22) Iron Halberd (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved
Rokan: (20/20) Iron Bow (44/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved

EXP Tracker: 7/100

Edited by rokubiraijuu

IUhdmQf.png

"I actually lived here, for a very long time." Arthur answered Elise. When the gladiator run away went past them, Arthur kept his quiet and to the back. He frowned at the whole ordeal and sighed as soldiers drew their weapons on them. He retrieved his shield and blade getting ready to fight. "We shouldn't have let it come to this; Gladiators shouldn't escape it will only lead to their deaths. You should know this, boy." He sighed, it didn't matter now anyways. Even if he acted earlier, Arthur had a feeling the soldiers would have attacked them just the same. He took off running, moving his armored as fast as he could, past the archer and as at the axe man. He put all of his running speed behind his attack, hopefully wounding him severely. 

Move to K6, past the Forrest to use all MOV and activate Running Start, and attack Fighter 1 with Iron Blade. 

Seeing the knight barreling at him, the fighter gets ready to engage, and the two exchange blows.

Spoiler

(Arthur got a running start!)
(Arthur has the advantage!)

Arthur:
Attack: 12
Hit: 100%

Fighter 1:
Attack: 5
Hit: 53%
Crit: 0%

Arthur's attack, 39, hit!
Fighter 1's counterattack, 20, hit!

Arthur takes 5 damage!
Fighter 1 takes 12 damage!

Cheat Sheet:

Spoiler

Fighter 1: (2/22) Iron Axe (44/45)
Soldier 1: (12/21) Iron Lance (44/45)

Marcus: (18/18) Lightning (39/40), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved
Arthur: (17/22) Iron Blade (44/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved
Marek: (21/22) Iron Halberd (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved
Rokan: (20/20) Iron Bow (44/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Moved

EXP Tracker: 10/100

Edited by rokubiraijuu

Cp23Xr1.png

"Hmmm, battle calls. Fight with us... or run. Your choice. But, if you run, I will hunt you down until the end of the World. That's a promise. And the Mother of the World knows... I never go back on my promises." and with those final words to the bard, she took off. Her sword already was drawn so she didn't need to waste time with that. She saw a heavily armoured man take off in front of her. She thought he may be a foe for a second until she realized he was headed towards her own target. Fast for one wearing armour. She'd not seen him before. Must've arrived after the Scholar starting talking to her.

"You're fast for wearing a tin can." She remarked before she struck into the same fighter.

Move to L5, attack Fighterwhatever with Iron Sword.