[OOC/SIGNUPS] Aurora University for the Preternaturally Gifted

Chevaleresse

Cool Girl: No. I'll tell you the same thing I told Divergent via PM; stop trying to be the protagonist. This is a game about a bunch of kids that happen to be magic going to college and dealing with all of the associated troubles, not about the hero going on his epic journey. The background is just way too much - and no, you're not allowed to carry a gun around campus. Plus you reference things like "exorcist powers" which uh, aren't a thing?

Powder Miner: Discussed already and accepted.

Cinder: Remove the "accidentally murderating" people, or at least tone it down so you won't horribly maim people randomly. Elsewise, looks okay.

Pigeon: . . . Um. You don't really get to just show up at a university and go to classes. You need an actual reason to be there.

Elf: Idunn looks okay to me. 

kj: No issues.

Woops, forgot to post here. Working on a sheet.

Spoiler
Name: Aiko Fuyumi
Age: 18 Species: Kitsune-tsuki/Miko (as in a shinto shrine maiden)
Appearance: Aiko is a shorter young woman, only about 5’1”. She has long brown hair that she tends to keep in braids, and prefers bright colors - particularly white and red. She’s solidly on the ‘cute’ side of attractive, in terms of features, and similarly she’s got a more modest figure (although by no means ‘bad’). She also has fox ears and a tail, mostly the same color as her hair but with white tips. She can occasionally look different, especially if she lets the kitsune possessing her ‘drive’ - Fox can make some adjustments, so to speak. Or at least put forth the illusion of looking different.
Personality: Aiko is a bit more energetic than one would expect from her profession, and often loud as well; she finds the stereotype of healers as the soft-spoken lady like women to be inaccurate and will say as much. In addition, she is rather stubborn in most endeavors; once she’s decided on something, good luck dissuading her. She casually practices Shinto, albeit not as devoutly as one might expect of a miko, and will rarely talk about it unless prompted. The sweet smell of ceremonial incense occasionally wafts from her root. The kitsune, who doesn’t have a name per-say but is just called Fox by Aiko (“oh, how creative”), is an easily bored spirit that tends to try to steer Aiko towards what would be more amusing for themselves, this usually being tricks, insults, or teasing. They’re irritated at not being able to properly control the girl- she just had to be the obstinate one!- she’s willing to admit that it’s interesting to see a place she’d otherwise never be able to go- the school.

Backstory: Aiko is from a family that’s been in the magical community for quite a long time. Technically, the females of the family are shrine maidens who tend and guard shrines to the gods of Japan. What this actually tends to mean is that they are the first thing that comes to the mind of the wandering supernatural beings looking for healers. Shrine maidens are all about protecting the world and helping people aren’t they? If nothing else the family doesn’t mind the money, both for personal use and the maintenance of the shrine. Aiko herself doesn’t particularly care for the whole ‘priestess’ business; she certainly believes in the gods and does casual worship, but does not go out of her way to proselytize, to her family’s annoyance. She believes that’s the kind of choice people should make on their own. “If your religion’s so great, they shouldn’t need convincing.” Aiko was eventually sent to the school, as the family had been sending people too for a while in preparation for their duties as healers. It was only bad luck that on her way, Aiko came across a kitsune that was looking for a break from their fox form and to have some fun in a human body. Cases of possession aren’t uncommon in the area, although they almost always have negative effects on the possessed in the future, either from what they did or just the altered physical appearance (you didn’t think she already had those fox bits, did you?) and often the possessions last a long time, sometimes years. It’s an odd case such as Aiko’s that she wasn’t taken over entirely and shunted into a dark corner of the brain for a decade or two; whether due to her bloodline or just being too damn stubborn, the kitsune could not take control of her body completely. Not being one to let some little thing such as being possessed stop her from doing what she set out to, Aiko continued on to the school, her only acknowledgement of her plight being cutting a tail hole in her clothing and dubbing the kitsune “Fox”. Fox is not pleased.

Supernatural Ability Notes: Aiko has the standard ‘white mage’ assortment of powers - healing, curing of ailments, etc. - with the addition of evil-creature-sealing powers on top of that. It’s mostly used through ofuda with the relevant symbols on them. She can seemingly pull them out of nowhere - there’s quite a few pockets sewn into her clothing for just that purpose (and other purposes because, unlike what clothing designers would have you think, girls use pockets too!)

Fox, on the other hand, focuses largely on illusion and a touch of shapeshifting - at least while in Aiko’s body. If in control she will certainly at least have the illusion of Aiko looking the part of the ‘sexy miko’ in place. Good thing she usually isn’t. The conditions for Fox taking over aren’t all that clear, even to the pair, but any sort of mental impairment seems to allow it, and Aiko can just let her if she wants - although when done this way she can take back control at her leisure. 

Edited by Twinwolf

5 hours ago, Adamance Ascendant said:

Cool Girl: No. I'll tell you the same thing I told Divergent via PM; stop trying to be the protagonist. This is a game about a bunch of kids that happen to be magic going to college and dealing with all of the associated troubles, not about the hero going on his epic journey. The background is just way too much - and no, you're not allowed to carry a gun around campus. Plus you reference things like "exorcist powers" which uh, aren't a thing?

So, I was wondering what changes should I make. I made the gun change thing. She doesn't own a gun. You can let me know by PM on the reborn forums. I really appreciate your feedback, just want to know how I can make it work. Thank you! :D 

1 hour ago, Cool Girl said:

So, I was wondering what changes should I make. I made the gun change thing. She doesn't own a gun. You can let me know by PM on the reborn forums. I really appreciate your feedback, just want to know how I can make it work. Thank you! :D 

If you could get on the Discord so we could discuss it live, that'd be great.

Oh, right. If that's the case, I'll just go with the contested idea of a sleepy werewolf. 

[Edited Backstory]

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

On 4/22/2017 at 7:53 PM, Twinwolf said:

Woops, forgot to post here. Working on a sheet.

Reveal hidden contents
Name: Aiko Fuyumi
Age: 18 Species: Kitsune-tsuki/Miko (as in a shinto shrine maiden)
Appearance: Aiko is a shorter young woman, only about 5’1”. She has long brown hair that she tends to keep in braids, and prefers bright colors - particularly white and red. She’s solidly on the ‘cute’ side of attractive, in terms of features, and similarly she’s got a more modest figure (although by no means ‘bad’). She also has fox ears and a tail, mostly the same color as her hair but with white tips. She can occasionally look different, especially if she lets the kitsune possessing her ‘drive’ - Fox can make some adjustments, so to speak. Or at least put forth the illusion of looking different.
Personality: Aiko is a bit more energetic than one would expect from her profession, and often loud as well; she finds the stereotype of healers as the soft-spoken lady like women to be inaccurate and will say as much. In addition, she is rather stubborn in most endeavors; once she’s decided on something, good luck dissuading her. She casually practices Shinto, albeit not as devoutly as one might expect of a miko, and will rarely talk about it unless prompted. The sweet smell of ceremonial incense occasionally wafts from her root. The kitsune, who doesn’t have a name per-say but is just called Fox by Aiko (“oh, how creative”), is an easily bored spirit that tends to try to steer Aiko towards what would be more amusing for themselves, this usually being tricks, insults, or teasing. They’re irritated at not being able to properly control the girl- she just had to be the obstinate one!- she’s willing to admit that it’s interesting to see a place she’d otherwise never be able to go- the school.

Backstory: Aiko is from a family that’s been in the magical community for quite a long time. Technically, the females of the family are shrine maidens who tend and guard shrines to the gods of Japan. What this actually tends to mean is that they are the first thing that comes to the mind of the wandering supernatural beings looking for healers. Shrine maidens are all about protecting the world and helping people aren’t they? If nothing else the family doesn’t mind the money, both for personal use and the maintenance of the shrine. Aiko herself doesn’t particularly care for the whole ‘priestess’ business; she certainly believes in the gods and does casual worship, but does not go out of her way to proselytize, to her family’s annoyance. She believes that’s the kind of choice people should make on their own. “If your religion’s so great, they shouldn’t need convincing.” Aiko was eventually sent to the school, as the family had been sending people too for a while in preparation for their duties as healers. It was only bad luck that on her way, Aiko came across a kitsune that was looking for a break from their fox form and to have some fun in a human body. Cases of possession aren’t uncommon in the area, although they almost always have negative effects on the possessed in the future, either from what they did or just the altered physical appearance (you didn’t think she already had those fox bits, did you?) and often the possessions last a long time, sometimes years. It’s an odd case such as Aiko’s that she wasn’t taken over entirely and shunted into a dark corner of the brain for a decade or two; whether due to her bloodline or just being too damn stubborn, the kitsune could not take control of her body completely. Not being one to let some little thing such as being possessed stop her from doing what she set out to, Aiko continued on to the school, her only acknowledgement of her plight being cutting a tail hole in her clothing and dubbing the kitsune “Fox”. Fox is not pleased.

Supernatural Ability Notes: Aiko has the standard ‘white mage’ assortment of powers - healing, curing of ailments, etc. - with the addition of evil-creature-sealing powers on top of that. It’s mostly used through ofuda with the relevant symbols on them. She can seemingly pull them out of nowhere - there’s quite a few pockets sewn into her clothing for just that purpose (and other purposes because, unlike what clothing designers would have you think, girls use pockets too!)

Fox, on the other hand, focuses largely on illusion and a touch of shapeshifting - at least while in Aiko’s body. If in control she will certainly at least have the illusion of Aiko looking the part of the ‘sexy miko’ in place. Good thing she usually isn’t. The conditions for Fox taking over aren’t all that clear, even to the pair, but any sort of mental impairment seems to allow it, and Aiko can just let her if she wants - although when done this way she can take back control at her leisure. 

Post edited with sheet