apparently Pokemon Conquest is "amazing"

Godot

• Administrators

Takatora, neh? I got him too.

I'm still waiting on my bloody Magikarp to evolve, but I'm at the same place you are. I've had a bunch of other evolutions though, not my own character's yet...

Well Mael and Ame if you are still there. I honestly think its easier to take on Shingen. And as you were asking Silver I for one think the game is great overall but thats cause I like its type of play style.

Pros to it I would say is alot more strategy involved if you were to play your friends in multiplayer the game itself gives a story for all the characters which I personally think is cool.

Cons hmm if I had to list any it could possibly be that pokemon are stuck to only using one move so if you end up attacking a place say a place wiht lots of flying and you decide to enter with a bunch of pokemont hat use ground and one other move so you could hit flying types and that one pokemmon gets taken out you have no hope of winning (now mind you I dont know why anyone would attack a place with all flying types with just ground moves this is just an example.)

Well, I've been playing a lot and I beat Kenshin the second time through. Glad you still get link increases when you lose because you didn't win.

An I dunno about Shingen. I beat Kenshin and he joined me automatically.

Geh, why does it take so long for Link to build up? You HAVE to battle underleveled otherwise you'll never get anywhere. And one of my guys with a magikarp evolved his. Gyarados kicks ass and pretty much tanked it out to beat the flying kingdom for me, but alas, it's on a trainer where his max link is 52%. Lame.

Also... why is the main character so useless? Normal evee is no use against the steel or ghost nation I have to take over next. It needs another 20% more before I can evolve it into umbreon.

Random evolved forms on random guys I have- Ampharos, Sceptile, Charizard... and that's about it. =/

It's like a mixture dynsty warriors and mystery dungeon. I played it on my cousin's DS and I liked the story line but the gamplay wasn't that good. Your pokemon can only have one move. Overall, capturing legendaries are way easier. Just button pressing.

• 2 weeks later...

1. It would have helped to know that by beating the inital campaign that it would reset all your link levels (except stored in gallery for use in wifi battles). I woulda spent the extra time to get things to evolve so they stay their evolved form when you reacquire warriors in the episodes.

2. It resets your items and money too, except for a few specific items, like evolution items and guardian charm. Oh, and junk from failed item creations, for some reason.

3. When the rare trader pops up, spend all your money on guardian charms and evo items. He doesn't pop up often. Also, the guardian charms will let you run a pokemon solo through a territory and juggernaut through it, allowing it to nab lots and lots of link % increase.

4. Wishing I knew that you CAN recruit the special warlords in campaign. You just have to beat them under the usual recruit techniques except you have to finish 'em off with your hero's pokemon. Which is friggin' hard to do at first because evee pretty much sucks after the first 4 territories and while you could use a thunderstone and get a badass jolteon, i had to wait to link level 70 for an umbreon. Good thing you can link with something else and raise that to defeat stuff if you don't want to wait.

5. You really have to reconsider evolving to the 3 evolutionary stage for a lot of pokemon. They become more powerful, but they can move far few spaces in a turn. Which also sucks for things like ampharos that uses thunder and you have to be a specific distance from your foe. So the middle evolution with discharge that hits all around you is better.

6. Gyarados is a beast. It can fly over all the things, hit a good row for ko'ing multiple foes at once, and has a knockback effect to knock bitches into damaging stage areas or off the flags you need to capture but they're tanking on it (flag regens some health each turn). Similar but not quite as good is dragonair. Also, dragonair>dragonite.