apparently Pokemon Conquest is "amazing"

Godot

• Administrators

I'm surprised, but happy. Thinking about it more, it does fit perfectly. The levelling system of most sRPGs is mindless, and Pokemon has a great development set up.

This is out in English now, right?

IGN also gave MW3, Skyrim, WWE 12, Max Payne 3, and more games that didn't deserve it a 9. So I'm really not trusting this.

I'll wait to see what the people of Rebarn say about it.

http://serebii.net/c...t/pokemon.shtml

Has Charizard line, and many others...

but not all pokemon.

NO TURTLE POKEMON WHATSOEVER. WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!?!?!

I swear, they'd be the easiest to translate into samurai armor. FFFFF

That being said... I know who my generals will be. Mismagius lady looks interesting....

http://serebii.net/conquest/bushou.shtml

• Administrators

So I'm looking at the Serebii pages and I kind of want to try this game now.

It's sort of like how watching a Fire Emblem LP made me want to play it myself...

I know nothing of the series or of this game so is that even a legitimate comparison?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually really happy with this collaboration. The pokemon franchise has finally branched out and done something completely different. Let me know if its worth getting

I'm playing through it... and maybe I shouldn't recruit every dude I can. My kingdoms are filling up fast.

And yeah, passwords just became available when it gave me the tutorial on how to link with wild pokemon.

I'm building up to take over the fighting kingdom, so I got a joltic for my main character. And I saw the password for another evee, so maybe have my main use both espeon and umbreon...

Probably gonna use dratini on main character as well. Oichi apparently is normal/dragon so maybe I'll give her axeface or something.

pokemon.

my character just evolved, and Kenshin's stage is greifing me to no end. portals that swap exits each turn, blocks you have to wait a turn to take you to a floating block where you have to wait another turn to ride another one to the far side so you can capture a flag point. This stupid place is designed to eat up all your turns, his very high level Gallade likes to sit on flags to keep you from winning and restore health every turn and has an attack that will hit through two squares. Oh, and all the other psychic pokemon on the field have abilities that will randomly make you miss. A lot. Oh, and that damn drilbur... once it has you locked on for dig, it will hit your fire pokemon sitting on a platform suspended by itself in SPACE. >>

So far the only other thing that's evolved is a random warlord I have who had a charmander.