FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

New 5 rolls

3* - Frederick (2nd time)

3* - Hinata

3* - Shana

4* - Corrin-F (3rd time)

4* - Roy

Well I did always want Roy, I wish he was 5 but I suppose I can't be too picky. I have my Catria caught up in levels but after pulling Shana I see her stats favor Resist, which do you guys think is better individually/overall?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roy's okay I guess. I have a 4* lvl 24 roy. He's got seal def, which is pretty damn good, but he's cursed with triangle adept and somewhat mixed feelings about shove. 5* would be nice for 16 might Binding blade that gives 2 def/res when attacked and the full -7 seal defense.

At lvl 24, his attack is only 28 and def is only 15, with better res at 19. speed is ok at 21. His stats aren't too bad, but they're not great and neither are his abilities. He's basically a weakish unrange mage killer.

Honestly Shanna has an amazing skillset, like so good that she may well be the best Pegasus Knight in the game at the moment, but Catria is also excellent. In the end I'd probably want to level both, but for now I'd start with whichever one you need more out of high Def or Res. If you need high Def level Catria and if you need high Res level Shanna.

Something kind of glorious happened today when I did a five character roll. I received my first five star character in the form of Selph, and another four star Setsuna (which is nice since she is one of my main characters.) The beautiful part was when I took the two green units available, I got not one, but two Bartes. I don't know what the chances of that are, but they must be kind of crazy.

Seliph (Five Stars)

Setsuna (4 Stars)

F Corrin (3 Star)

Barte (3 Star) X2

Is Seliph any good, by the way? I'm not sure if this clone of Marth is worth grinding up, or are any five star units worth it.

My first *4 I moved up to *5 (yes, past tense) was Corrin-F. I enjoy running a lot of mages and destroying teams from a far, so Corrin is an excellent asset for that. She is all about debuffing foes. After combat, she gives the person she was engaged with -7 Resistance and if she initiates comabt she gives all nearby enemy units -5 Attack and Speed for the next turn. Couple that with her being a blue unit that can at least halt the advance of the numerous reds out there and decent bulk, she seemed like the best option for me. Julia and Leo especially love to abuse the lower enemy Resistance and Speed, greatly increasing their damage and sometimes letting Leo double a foe when he otherwise would not have. Furthermore, she boosts the Attack of adjacent allies, meaning that, due to resistance debuff and the attack increase, one of my mages can potentially do +12 damage for every attack they get in.

So my team atm is Takumi/Leo, Julia, Corrin-F, and Lucina, although idk if I will keep Takumi or Leo on there. Takumi is generally better for certain sticky situationz with fliers, but Leo can help with my Kagero weakness. I am also training up Azura, Camilla, and Lyn simply because I have them and I might as well have all my *5s at 40. 

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

Honestly Shanna has an amazing skillset, like so good that she may well be the best Pegasus Knight in the game at the moment, but Catria is also excellent. In the end I'd probably want to level both, but for now I'd start with whichever one you need more out of high Def or Res. If you need high Def level Catria and if you need high Res level Shanna.

I don't agree with best. Catria is much better imo. Reason being is while Desperation is fucking fantastic. There's one problem... Shanna nearly almost always dies if she takes enough damage to activate it before Player Phase. Shanna is extremely fragile to the point it makes it very hard to actually utilize the skills she has. Further while Threaten Speed is solid for supporting other units, but she herself doesn't benefit much from it. There's nothing wrong with this imo... but it's not something Shanna herself really needs too desperately. But again it can be difficult to get in range for at times if there's enemies you can't approach due to bow coverage. Bows do enough damage that even without doubling Shanna is entirely toast. I dunno while Shanna can be good she feels a lot like worse Lyn.

I prefer Catria because Warding blow allows her to trade hits and take rather little from them and she can duel things she might not otherwise be able to since if they don't die to her attack on Player Phase, Seal Attack basically makes Armoured Blow carry into her next turn ((however it also applies to mages and helps her allies as well.)) She's just generally more tanky than Shanna and still deals damage on par. ((she ORKOs most things still but take WAY less damage in the process.))

Catria imo, is better cause she still have great offensive stats like the rest of the Peg Knights, BUT is much less fragile. Luna is also MUCH better than Iceberg imo. Often reducing the enemy DEF by 50% translates to more than Shanna's 50% RES damage bonus. On stuff that the special actually matters on. Just Luna is stupid good and with a Killer Lance? STUPID GOOD. Like... Catria can fight Armoured units very effectively due to it.

I'll go through the others here.

Est: She's... weird. Very weird. She has a Heavy Lance which is cool! Until you realize that any armour units including Sword Armours at times are going to knock her out before she can actually hit them twice so she needs people to do prior damage for her ((which is hard cause Knights are hard as hell to chip damage, you can either power through them or do like nothing to them most times I find)). Her Skills are equally weird in Seal Speed and Defiant REsistance. At under 50% HP her resist goes up. Which is fine this makes her better at fighting mages I guess but... the problem is... Mages can't counter when you attack them, making this pointless. Further... she has a Heavy Lance. This doesn't help her fight armours at all. Same goes with Seal Speed. On Est... it makes no sense. Since she should be ORKOing things as an offensive unit. So more or less Est kinda has no actual skills, or ones that are so incredibly niche... they rarely factor in. Oh, and she has Shove... it's a thing. A Special Attack would've been much better in this case I feel as this leave Est without anything to augment her damage etc.

Subaki: Is another unit with a Gem Weapon I feel is kinda crippled by in some ways. He will excel fighting reds especially, but I feel lacks in fighting other Blue units and Green Units DEFINITELY so lol. Swap is some interesting utility, but I feela special have it his more offense minded build. He's meant to go smack reds. He has up to +3 Res which is... really meh tbh. And his other skill Quick Riposte is... not really that great for him. Against the fast sword users it'll at least give him a follow-up if he doesn't get one, but only when he gets attacked on Enemy Phase. This makes him not as able to go on the aggressive in Player Phase. Further, you gotta be at dang high HP for it to go off so if a ranged unit picks off you're buffer, you're not going to be in for a fun time either. Worse though... is his speed is already good. So he usually double a lot of things anyway. Te only benefit he gets from this is baiting Red units to come attack him. So, there's some use in it yes but not a crazy amount.

Caeda: Is more of a support flier and this is shown by her access to Rally Speed and Fortify Fliers. She has good flier synergy and can really cause her allies to excel. Darting Blow is... a bit meh but it at least always works and Caeda benefits from it offensively and it more or less makes her doubles certain on anything but the fastest of foes. Armourslayer... is weird though. Why they love giving armour slayers to squishies... I do not know.

Palla: Another more supporty Flier. She sports Spur Speed/Goad Fliers that gain speed or both spd and atk if fliers when within a certain area around her for combat. She also gains mobility with Wings of Mercy, able to warp to any ally below a certain health threshold ((and hopefully... help them lol.)) Her Ruby sword makes her excel at fighting green units, with the usual costs. She can at least support through giving Goad Flier/Spur Spd bonuses though so it's not all bad. ((she can even do this while taking out a green unit, unlike Rally Skills which take yur turn.)) She also has Moonbow, a 2 turn Luna variant that does 30% rather than 50%. It's a nice bonus at the least for damage.

Cordelia: Brave Weapons... hoo. Lucky for her she isn't slowed down horribly by it so she can make some very good use of the multiple attacks and not have to be worried about getting bopped on enemy phase. ((other than by like archers but kill 'em dead in melee yu good.)) Triangle Adept makes her all the more likely in battle against fast sword units to delete them with the double attack before they can even answer back on player phase. Basically... she entirely outclasses Subaki. Like she is jsut the better him. She also has Galeforce or AStra for special choices, both being a bit hard to work up. (9well if she didnt have a Brave Weapon it'd be harder but thankfully she attacks a lot so it'll go off msotl liekly.)) Pass is... pass and kinda pointless and bad. ((really all Pass exists for is to counter Obstruct imo...))

Florina: Is also weird. Heavy Lance again. However her skills are much better than Est's as they allow her to support her team as a sorta weird pseudo healer. Breath of Life heals adjacent units when she attack and Argent Sacrifice allows her to use her own hp total to heal her allies. It's useful in it's own way if you want a healer who an also attack basically. Darting Blow does... basically for her waht it does above.))

Hinoka: Worse Cordelia in the offensive department having... literally all of the same ideas in here kit there. She isn't as destroyed by Greens though which can be useful. She also has Rising Winds so she does AoE, but as this is on the same CD as Galeforce it's... weirdly the same in a lot of ways. She also has access to Hone Spd/Hone Fliers making your other Fliers better offensively. Defiant Defense is odd, but it's probably useful time to time so I'd not knock it entirely. Could be better... could be a shitty skill like Brash Assault, so let's be glad it's not shall we?

~~Minerva: Not peg knight but really her stat profile is similar, she has an axe and flier synergy. I'm only mentioning her as 1... I'm an asshat and 2. if you do a flier synergy team for whatever reason I'd include her simply so you ahve an Axe Girl and she has Ward Fliers. Her Special alos allows her some breathing room around Bows so she won't get 1 hit killed and Life and Death will probably keep her from getting doubled by nearly any archer.~~

and rant over. But ye, I'd put Shanna up above Est and Subaki, and about even with Palla and Caeda depending on if you're looking for more support or more offense ((if you aren't benefiting from either of their Flier based synergy buffs at least.)) but honestly msot of the others do things better. Brave weapons on player phase... so exactly what Desperation does, so for on player phase threats... Hinoka and Cordelia I feel jsut outclass. SHanna, is good but is is nowhere NEAR the best Peg Knight.

That's a 5-star Effie. I want. I WANT----

todays singular pull was a 4* Nowi.

Are Nowi and Femui apples and oranges - or is one better than the other?

(also if Nowi is a loli I don't understand. She's a 1000 something years old and her physique seems more akin to a short young adult than a child's. I'm so. Confused.)

I like Nowi's character. But also Corrin's role on the team.

16 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

@Code: PIRULUK

>20+ 5 Stars visible

>Says luck isn't good

I mean how much did you spend?

Uhh not a negligible amount. this was like. 15 sets of pulls? Including the storymode orbs, of course. I rerolled till I got Takumi + Lyn + Robin, so that was a nice start. Kind of wishing I didn't get so many Marths, though... I mostly got at least one 5* per pull, sometimes two. Got Azura and Effie in the same pull.

...But still no Tharja :c

13 minutes ago, Chase said:

That's a 5-star Effie. I want. I WANT----

todays singular pull was a 4* Nowi.

Are Nowi and Femui apples and oranges - or is one better than the other?

(also if Nowi is a loli I don't understand. She's a 1000 something years old and her physique seems more akin to a short young adult than a child's. I'm so. Confused.)

I like Nowi's character. But also Corrin's role on the team.

Nowi is more of a defensive unit, she has high Def (also thanks to her +Def skill) and can counter at any range - also she has Threaten Res. to reduce Resistence of nearby enemies. Also Nowi can grant +4 Def with Rally Defence to one unit

espacially useful if you have a _blade tome user, like Nino - Nino has poor def. so you buff her defence AND attack with it (since _blade tomes apply any buffs toward attack during combat)

While Femui is more aggressive with -7 Res, -5Atk/Spd after Combat and Hone Attack and her Special Dragon Aura

4 minutes ago, Cepheus said:

Nowi is more of a defensive unit, she has high Def (also thanks to her +Def skill) and can counter at any range - also she has Threaten Res. to reduce Resistence of nearby enemies. Also Nowi can grant +4 Def with Rally Defence to one unit

espacially useful if you have a _blade tome user, like Nino - Nino has poor def. so you buff her defence AND attack with it (since _blade tomes apply any buffs toward attack during combat)

While Femui is more aggressive with -7 Res, -5Atk/Spd after Combat and Hone Attack and her Special Dragon Aura

It's a shame both of them die to Julia now, though.

21 minutes ago, Cepheus said:

Nowi is more of a defensive unit, she has high Def (also thanks to her +Def skill) and can counter at any range - also she has Threaten Res. to reduce Resistence of nearby enemies. Also Nowi can grant +4 Def with Rally Defense to one unit

espacially useful if you have a _blade tome user, like Nino - Nino has poor def. so you buff her defense AND attack with it (since _blade tomes apply any buffs toward attack during combat)

Or one could just use an Attack Buff and give Nino Double benefit from it since if Nino is getting hit in melee you're doing it wrong. ((and archers usually aren't quite powerful enough to kill her since she's so fast they can rarely double... well... unless it's Takumi. But of course Takumi is stupid.))

5 minutes ago, Chase said:

Femui

...Who?

Femui= female kamui = fcorrin

Pulled 4* Peri

Another 4* Effie

Another 4* Bartre

All three + 3* Selena are doing pretty good levelling up

I have a 4* shanna who's doing really well but I don't know enough about catria to make a judgement there.

I've got two 3* nino's that I'd give away if I could.

• Support Squad

So it turns out, if you don't like takumi all you need is a 5* Sheena. Fuck your arrows, I'm clad in a huge set of armour with a giant shield and fuck-off axe.

also tfw you get one of teh special units with the animation but then it's a 4 star and really Lucina is way better than you Roy step up.

I'm feeling type happy today, so here's something I haven't seen yet on this game.

Fire Emblem!~ Heroes!~ ...Review

We'll be going with a familiar ranking system to this game - a star based ranking for each aspect of Heroes.

Firstly, let me start out by saying this game surpassed my expectations as I was expecting a shameless cash grab game that DIDN'T show a little love to the series' fans with effort placed in all the right places, so expect positives for the most part. Heroes has become a regular part of my college routine - as my life has been quite repetitive since coming back on campus. It's a welcome breath of life fresh air.

User Interface - *****

The Castle HUD, start menu bar styled UI, and the familiar settings popup from the main franchise as of late give Heroes a sense of true belonging when it comes to how the game runs. As a Fates join - this translated seamlessly for me and I wasn't spending minutes trying to tinker with things or having to look up a guide on how to use the mobile app. It also looks very appealing with all the different icons stylistically. Finally, any information about a selected unit is easy to understand, along with forecasts.

Gameplay - ***

This is one area where I took the low bet - and did so having my expectations met. Having the maps set on a small grid on your mobile device meant that the maps wouldn't be all that fun by themselves. There isn't really room for visitable villages (which would be an excellent way to earn feathers, badges, shards, and even orbs if they felt so inclined.), Dragon Veins and the alterable terrain that comes with the territory, or larger grids to add terrain on. I've made my peace with that though. The game still plays like a Fire Emblem game and thus there's very little transition to make from the latest installments of the franchise. There's still skills, there's still weapons, and there's still the same old need to use your brain to pick up the "W". Three out of five is most of the stars available.

Story - **.5

In terms of story - I'm going to warn you right now - bits may be spoiled past this point.

Tread lightly.

Don't complain at this point. You've been warned.

...To put Heroes' plot into perspective, it's ranking is shared with the one I would give Fates: Conquest. For a fully fledged installment into the franchise, a 2.5 is a mediocre ranking that would be seen as a disappointment in my opinion - but for a mobile app where half of the fun comes from simply pulling units out of a nonexistent trading card pack and seeing what you get, a 2.5 is a mediocre ranking that is actually a relief to have. I am someone who personally cares greatly about plot when it comes to progression. I found myself caring about Askr's plight, intrigued by Xander's refusal to part with Embla after the Order of Heroes breaks the Nohrian-Emblian contract, baited into caring about who the heck Zacharias(?) is, impressed by how Askr and Embla were supposed to work in unison to open and close the gates to the Heroes' multiple universes, and lately, how even the Worlds of Genealogy and Sacred Stones were attacked. Unfortunately, the story is very touch-and-go, prioritizing quick battles and experiences over story depth.

Character Roster - *****

A very large list of characters from Wrys to Lyndis, Arthur to Hector, Jagen to Gunter, and Donnel to Marth. AND Nintendo and IntSys seem perfectly willing to keep adding to this. The trading card aspect of the game is great.

Gacha Experience - ***

This is reasonably par for the course, with a little bit extra for the suspense value. It's perfectly useable without invoking it's obvious Pay-to-win nature - and that's good enough for po' college boi me.

FINAL RANKING

Heroes doesn't engage me for long periods of time and I'm not personally inclined to blow a ton of cash on it, but the uncanny experience the game offers, the visuals, the music, the quotes, the UI, and the gameplay all work in harmony to create a valuable Fire Emblem experience that can rightfully boast the namesake.

1 hour ago, Chase said:

I'm feeling type happy today, so here's something I haven't seen yet on this game.

Fire Emblem!~ Heroes!~ ...Review

Dang, that was pretty in depth. I have to agree with most of your points, the game does feel small but not too small, and it is still doable without handing over a massive amount of money. The only point I don't agree with is the story. (Rant Ahead.) I have to say that the plot to this is kind of shameful coming from Nintendo. True, it is a mobile game and shouldn't be too deep since it is meant for all players, but sometimes the script feels so laughable it hurts. It almost feels like they hired someone whose never played a Fire Emblem game to write it. I suppose going with the classic good guys versus bad guys plot line is a safe bet, but mix it up a little. I was super disconnected for the majority of my play time story wise. It's a shame, since most of the characters still feel like themselves, which only serves to bolster my confusion. So far, the only clever line was from the recent addition in which the Sacred Stones characters debated about dirty rumors that have surrounded them for years.

Important point to keep in mind.

It's -still- a mediocre story. I never said all of those story bits were executed well. I just had my expectations extraordinarily low knowing that story isn't necessarily important in most mobile games. 

Another thing - the Heroes themselves - barring the new characters this week - are not the focus of the plot at all. Yes - their dialogue relative to Embla and Askr is either not there. Or not good. However - the Heroes end up all serving the same troubles. Veronica shows up and forcibly binds them to her service. It's repetitive yes. And uninteresting aside from seeing Chrom get conscripted by a little girl. But it doesn't leave much room to improvise.

On my end. The story being there at all, and having multiple facets such as Xander, Zacharias, being a corrupted "good" empire, and Veronica's potential insecurities were much more than to expect.