FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

Well, I wouldn't grind her so far as that before promoting.... Maybe 5 levels or so.

also, tfw you've hit the max friends limit. Again.

Just so you know, the friend limit is 48.

And I've got two requests I can't accept in my inbox. I assume they're from Arena duels. Kinda surprised I don't have any defends this week. I had 5 or six at the end of last week. *shrug*

Feather suck. Nintendo, you devious bastards...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

He slipped my mind but how's Virion vs Niles overrall?

I personally couldn't say. I've only run into Niles once and he got eater with no chance against Kagero. I do recall him being a major threat to my other characters who were in position to him him though. idk.

Anyways, I had 20 orbs to work with after the midnight update and 2 free daily orbs for the release.

This guy got:

5* Takumi- Very first summon of the batch and the only colorless of the 5. He's not Ephraim, but I welcome him into the fold according to his reputation and him being my 2nd 5* ever. (young Tiki was my first, as you might recall)

4* Shanna

then the 3 star lameness-

Lon'qu, again

Subaki, again

Fir, a first for me, but from what I've seen, I'm really not impressed by her abilities or stats.

I really wanted Ephraim but settling for Takumi isn't bat at all.

Well, I didn't manage to summon a 5* at all on the last summoning focus, so here's hoping they reuse them and keep my nice 4.5 or so percent on each of the 5* categories. Not really thrilled about the new summoning focus, Sacred Stones is one of the easier FE games so I don't really like it very much, and by extension I don't really like its characters, and while I love Genealogy, I'm not a huge fan of Seliph or Julia. Ephraim appears to be the best of the bunch with his hatred for Def and great personal weapon. Eirika seems like a pretty good team support oriented sword wielder, but lacks stuff that makes her good in combat herself. I'd imagine she'll be pretty squishy too. Seliph's skill set is all over the place, with a support skill, a (bad) durability skill, and a weapon-skill combo which means he's at his best when he's at low health. I'm not too torn up about this though because honestly Seliph was a pretty bad lord for most of the story he participates in. What confuses me though is that Tyrfing provides him with a boost to Def, when I definitely thought it'd be boosting Res given that it's original effect is +10 Skl, +10 Spd, +20 Res. Julia also confuses me, but that's because she's a green unit rather than a blue unit. I thought Linde was going to set a precedent for light mages to be blue units, and I also thought this made logical sense as they would keep their weapon triangle advantage against dark magic, yet here is Julia as a green mage. That aside she's... rather tame for (probably) being the most powerful playable unit in Fire Emblem history. I think where she'll come into her own is through her stats, expect a unit with ridiculous Atk and Res, along with good Spd and HP, and very low Def. It is disappointing to see the book of Naga reduced to nothing special in this game though, guess I'd better brace myself for something like +4 Spd when attacking Forseti.

they don't. that's the real gotcha. you need to "use" your slightly better luck before the event ends, which once you run out of low-cost missions, getting to a high 5* chance before the reset is going to require spending money.

Erikia is the only focus I want, I'm without a good red. On that note, which do y'all think is better: 3-star selena, or 4-star laslow?

basically, there's 4 "tables" of heroes to summon

common, rare, legendary, and legendary-focus

the legendary-focus table has the same odds to be chosen as the legendary table, but there's only 4 or 5 characters on it, so each character has a slightly larger chance to be chosen over any other 5-star

considering I haven't gotten either yet, the odds are still pretty low.

@Fabled Asian I'll probably level them both and then rarify selena to 4* later on. speed-down is super, super useful.

Edited by doombotmecha

I had the choice to go after Effie and Azura -or- spend a 5 orber on the hopes of pulling Eirika or Ephraim.

I decided my odds were better to purse my lance units this time - and I pulled a three star Gwendolyn. Finally. An armor knight. I like that she has drag back as a skill possibility and the Killer Lance...

While I'm ecstatic to see Eirka and Ephraim, I was hoping they'd add more Sacred Stones characters. I need more Dozla and Joshua in my life. 

And while I'm at it, can we take a moment to talk about Seliph? At first glance, I didn't realize he was his own character and not a different form of Marth, which makes me ask "How the hell did no committee point out the similarities between them?"

Saving up for a full 20 orb pull, which might take a bit...

3 hours ago, Combat said:

While I'm ecstatic to see Eirka and Ephraim, I was hoping they'd add more Sacred Stones characters. I need more Dozla and Joshua in my life. 

And while I'm at it, can we take a moment to talk about Seliph? At first glance, I didn't realize he was his own character and not a different form of Marth, which makes me ask "How the hell did no committee point out the similarities between them?"

Saving up for a full 20 orb pull, which might take a bit...

I like Joshua, Lute, Cormag, Lyle, and Ross.

I really wanted to see Seth...

Ephraim and Seliph are a bit slow from the looks of it but still want Ephraim.

Erika honestly seems to be the best in this banner IMO. Its speed, speed and more speed for her.

Edited by 5hift

So I ended up pulling *5 Julia this morning and I have to say that while she is not anywhere near the hilarious level of broken she is in FE4, she is a potent unit in this as well. I haven't finished raising her to level 40 yet, but her stats are still quite impressive. 

At level 32, mine has 33 HP, 42 Attack, 23 Speed, 16 Defence, and 30 Resistance. Biggest standouts are obviously what Naga holy blood specializes in, Attack (Magic) and Resistance. If you want a unit to destroy enemy mages, she is a solid pick. Plus, her tome is effective against Dragons, meaning she can decimate Tiki, Corrin (F), and Fae, all of whom are normally rather annoying. One of the nicest things about her though is definitely her C Skill, Breath of Life, which restores HP to adjacent units after every time you attack with Julia (up to 7 HP per unit). It seems like it would be easy to pair with Azura, Takumi, and maybe Lilina for a potent ranged offensive force which utilizes Sing for either healing and damage from Julia or straight up offense from one of the others. Another option for partners would be Leo, since he can slow the advance of enemies with his tome, letting you put a fat unit in front while you shoot them from behind/ 

2 hours ago, AuthorReborn said:

So I ended up pulling *5 Julia this morning and I have to say that while she is not anywhere near the hilarious level of broken she is in FE4, she is a potent unit in this as well. I haven't finished raising her to level 40 yet, but her stats are still quite impressive. 

At level 32, mine has 33 HP, 42 Attack, 23 Speed, 16 Defence, and 30 Resistance. Biggest standouts are obviously what Naga holy blood specializes in, Attack (Magic) and Resistance. If you want a unit to destroy enemy mages, she is a solid pick. Plus, her tome is effective against Dragons, meaning she can decimate Tiki, Corrin (F), and Fae, all of whom are normally rather annoying. One of the nicest things about her though is definitely her C Skill, Breath of Life, which restores HP to adjacent units after every time you attack with Julia (up to 7 HP per unit). It seems like it would be easy to pair with Azura, Takumi, and maybe Lilina for a potent ranged offensive force which utilizes Sing for either healing and damage from Julia or straight up offense from one of the others. Another option for partners would be Leo, since he can slow the advance of enemies with his tome, letting you put a fat unit in front while you shoot them from behind/ 

She sounds like a better version of Cecilia. At 35, my Cecilia (4*) has 30 hp, 38 atk, 19 spd, 18 def, 25 res. Her tome against dragons sounds more useful than Cecilia having advantage against colorless and her personal weapon has an extra 3 might over Cecilia's. The heal for 7, just like Tiki's is kinda nice, but it doesn't come into play all that often for me. But it's better than Cecilia's warp behind an ally when her hp is 50% or lower. Ai tends to gang up on her as soon as they are able and she's never gotten to take advantage of it cuz dead. But Cecilia's a mounted unit, so that 3 squares of movement is really useful sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

I can still get Camillia and takumi through the new set right abeit lower chance?

Yep, the base chance is now 3% instead of 6%, but you can do it. Like I said, I pulled Takumi first thing.

BTW, praise Kagero, the lord, dragon, and Takumi killer, cuz few of those guys are mounted. Chrom, Linde, Marth, Tiki, etc, they all fall victim to her without being able to retaliate. I think the scary ones were robin and Takumi, who can tank a hit and hit back. Good thing Kagero boosts her resistance whenever she initiates, and my Cecilia can rally resistance if I really cared to do that. Takumi worrying me wouldn't happen if I was still running a healer instead of 4 full attackers.

Btw, how is everyone doing in Arena? It seems like each week we can go up a tier as long as we can score a decent amount of points? As far as I can tell, the highest tier anyone is at atm is tier 3.

Now that I have 5* Tiki on my team to boost points AND kick ass instead of a 3* healer, I've been scoring considerably higher than the first week. I've got 2,310 offense points with 1 more duel to go to make a 7 win streak. Only 1 defense so far this week, against a team lead by a Takumi. Probably underestimated the lethality of Kagero's daggers or Frederick's defense and that 50% foe def/res reduction from Luna.

Presuming I lose my next arena match and get no more defenses, I only stand to gain 1600 feathers. Not enough to awaken a 3*, much less the 20k to turn a 4* into a 5*.

On that note, which hero among your four stars would you upgrade to 5* first among your collection?

For me, it would have to be Kagero. She has been my biggest counter and asset against the most powerful 5 stars around.

Oh, and don't forget to link your Nintendo ID to your My Nintendo account and to FE Heroes. You get 10 orbs right off the bat and get plenty of silver my nintendo coins for beating the story mode on normal. You can then turn all those coins into shards and crystals (the yellow ones that work for any unit) to power level units. I haven't really used many and I figure I'd save it so I can power level Kagero back up as soon as I can upgrade her. I recommend trading in for crystals instead of shards because it's easy to level a character up to 20, after which it is harder and requires crystals and not sharde. You can also trade them in for arena crests and stamina potions, but I'm already sitting on 26 arena crests and 11 stamina potions from Quest completions and launch giveaways. You only seem to get a small chunk of crystals or shards daily on your first Training Map win. And it seems that whether you get shards or crystals is dependent on the the tier of that first daily win, so choose wisely.

Yeah turning the coins in for crystals is definitely the best use for them, personally I'm planning on doing that, and then saving them for Azama, because leveling a healer to level 40 is painful and I'll take all of the help I can get.

As for my arena progress, I'm sitting on 6 straight wins on the hardest difficulty atm, the combination of Cordelia, Stahl, and Merric is enough to beat most teams out there, though Takumi can present a problem, which is why my last member is Jeorge. Bait him in, counter attack him, seal his attack, and then gang bash him. Because I don't run any bonus point characters (the only one I have that isn't story given is a level 2 4* Robin) I generally net around 900 feathers from offense, and another 400 from defence.

As for who I'd promote first? Cordelia is a pretty easy answer to that one, she gets a lot from being 5*, Brave Lance+, Galeforce, and Triangle Adept 3. Effie gets to hit a bit harder but that's about it, and Stahl gets a bonus to Obstruct but neither can compete with Cordelia as far as gains go. She also needs all the stats she can get because the Brave Lance is a massive handicap.

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

Yeah turning the coins in for crystals is definitely the best use for them, personally I'm planning on doing that, and then saving them for Azama, because leveling a healer to level 40 is painful and I'll take all of the help I can get.

As for my arena progress, I'm sitting on 6 straight wins on the hardest difficulty atm, the combination of Cordelia, Stahl, and Merric is enough to beat most teams out there, though Takumi can present a problem, which is why my last member is Jeorge. Bait him in, counter attack him, seal his attack, and then gang bash him. Because I don't run any bonus point characters (the only one I have that isn't story given is a level 2 4* Robin) I generally net around 900 feathers from offense, and another 400 from defence.

As for who I'd promote first? Cordelia is a pretty easy answer to that one, she gets a lot from being 5*, Brave Lance+, Galeforce, and Triangle Adept 3. Effie gets to hit a bit harder but that's about it, and Stahl gets a bonus to Obstruct but neither can compete with Cordelia as far as gains go. She also needs all the stats she can get because the Brave Lance is a massive handicap.

That sounds like my first week right there, except without all the hard difficulty wins. Without any of the Bonus heroes, you've barely got maybe 100 points more than I got doing mainly intermediate battles and 2 beginner battles. In the second week I went all Int (I think) and lost the 7th match with 3 out of 4 characters being bonus characters. This week I won one more match than last week, but only used one bonus character and the points stacked up pretty much the same way, but with about a hundred more feathers calculated higher for the extra win.

SO I CAN CONFIRM THAT YOU ONLY NEED ONE BONUS CHARACTER ON THE TEAM TO GET THE FULL BONUS BENEFIT. FORCING YOURSELF TO USE MORE THAN ONE BONUS CHARACTER DOES NOT STACK THE POINTS MULITPLIER.

So yeah, no need to sacrifice team reliability to have multiple bonus characters on one arena team. This team was much lower leveled than my main team and the teams it ended up going against. You just need one, psa.

Also, the quests only need int wins for you to get what they offer. Unless you know/unlocked something I don't, I don't see any large gain from risking streaks against hard difficulty ranked teams. Although, sometimes the 'easy' teams have given me more trouble than the intermediate ones. With the way the points go, you might gain an extra 100 feathers every two Hard wins as compared to Intermediate wins, but that hardly seems worth it, especially if you're towards the last few matches of your streak.