Maelstrom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Got a new phone today for this and grand order, and reset a bit until I got something interesting.
Edited the OP with my code because I'm cool and can do that, but for the ones keeping up with the topic: 905 806 9837

I was hoping for something somewhat boring like Selena or Catria since Sacred Stones and the Tellius games don't have any characters in yet, but I was handed 5* Robin before either of them. As they say, we take those. I already like this more than grand order, but I'm not sure how I feel about stamina (seemingly?) staying at 50 instead of grand order's method of master levels which add more as you level up.

14 hours ago, Guzam said:

The game is likely to soon be updated with more story missions, paralogues and characters that are missing *COUGH IKE AND SIGURD COUGH*

oh, also on feathers, you get a large amount of them from your online ranking. For instance, as of rn I'm ranked 14,426 which guarantees me 1500 feathers, have 2760 offense which nets me 1400 more and 220 defense which nets me 400 feathers as well.

Sigurd? I can understand Ike but when has Sigurd ever been relevant to anyone who hasn't played Geanalogy? Don't get me wrong I love me some Sigurd but by the looks of what Nintendo's saying Seliph is a more likely bet. Then again neither of them have featured particularly highly in the choose your legends thing so I don't think we'll be seeing Genealogy for a while yet, more likely that they go through Tellius and Sacred Stones first imo, and more likely again that they go through Tellius and then develop the rosters from the games they've already visited. Much to my dismay though as I'd love to get my hands on Lewyn (though there's a good chance he'll be 5* exclusive).

How did you get your ranking? Mine tells me I'm unranked, is that just because I haven't made it into the minimum bracket or is there some other requirement?

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

How did you get your ranking? Mine tells me I'm unranked, is that just because I haven't made it into the minimum bracket or is there some other requirement?

pretty sure you ahve to be in the top... 10,000 or 100,000 for score that week? That what it seems like to me. 

Ok... someone defenitly screwed up the german localization... PRETTY BAD!

Some Skill descriptions don't match up AT ALL!

I learned Ferocity on my Hinata - +1 all stats but take 2 damage after combat - so far so good, Hinata has a big Health pool, so he can take the 2 damage...

Then I learned Ferocity 2 - +2 all stats but take 2 damage after combat - GREAT! I thought, but then... after combat he takes 4(!) damage...

now he would be able to learn Ferocity 3... but I guess then he would take 6 damage for +3 all stats? seriously?

and these are pretty expensive to learn... I mean ok taking damage every now and then with Hinata is ok, because of his second skill, that allows him to double attack when below a certain health-pool, regardless of Agility, if the enemy is able to counter... but what good is it, if I'm taking so much damage after each that I'm practically dead once it can activate and ferocity then puts me down on 1 health? (Or he just straight up dies to the counter-attack?)

So either it's an error in the text (if it would have stated the increased damaged I wouldn't have learnd it!) or the programming is messed up, and it just doubles the whole effect and not just the stat boost...

Luckily you can switch it back to the previous level...

and then on my Henry (who I haven't trained yet) - his activation skill has two levels, that are Ignis from Awakening... BOTH take 4 actions to ready, and both do +50% based on enemy Def. ... so, why should I learn the second level for 200 points, if it's the same effect, for the same ready-up speed??

• Administrators

I'm not sure about Hinata, but Robin has something similar to the thing you described for Henry; it's the same effect but the higher level reduces the number of actions needed from 4 to 3. Are you sure it's exactly the same? Or might that be another error?

I've been using Draug, Hawkeye, Robin, Tharja, and Takumi.

I currently own:

Raigh

Clarine

Sophia

Matthew

Florina 

Nino

Virion

Cherche

Hana

Subaki

Arthur

8 hours ago, Cepheus said:

Ok... someone defenitly screwed up the german localization... PRETTY BAD!

Some Skill descriptions don't match up AT ALL!

I learned Ferocity on my Hinata - +1 all stats but take 2 damage after combat - so far so good, Hinata has a big Health pool, so he can take the 2 damage...

Then I learned Ferocity 2 - +2 all stats but take 2 damage after combat - GREAT! I thought, but then... after combat he takes 4(!) damage...

now he would be able to learn Ferocity 3... but I guess then he would take 6 damage for +3 all stats? seriously?

and these are pretty expensive to learn... I mean ok taking damage every now and then with Hinata is ok, because of his second skill, that allows him to double attack when below a certain health-pool, regardless of Agility, if the enemy is able to counter... but what good is it, if I'm taking so much damage after each that I'm practically dead once it can activate and ferocity then puts me down on 1 health? (Or he just straight up dies to the counter-attack?)

So either it's an error in the text (if it would have stated the increased damaged I wouldn't have learnd it!) or the programming is messed up, and it just doubles the whole effect and not just the stat boost...

Luckily you can switch it back to the previous level...

and then on my Henry (who I haven't trained yet) - his activation skill has two levels, that are Ignis from Awakening... BOTH take 4 actions to ready, and both do +50% based on enemy Def. ... so, why should I learn the second level for 200 points, if it's the same effect, for the same ready-up speed??

Oh, did your description not mention that he takes damage after battle from that ability?

My Bartre has Fury as well. No idea why they made the tier 3 version of that ability so bad. I know we wanna proc brash assault (the same do a follow-up attack if at or below 30/40/50% skill your hinata has) if we can but yeah, tier 3 isn't worth it, so it's a good thing you know you can de-equip skills and use the less extreme versions of some moves.

Take my kagero, for instance. She has Poison Dagger. The might is only 2 compared to her Steel Daggers, which is 5, but it gains effectiveness against infantry units (non-mounted, non-armored units) and they suffer res/def -4 through their next actions. Actions, plural. All the other stuff says action, so I think this debuff is lasting. I don't know because she literally obliterates infantry units she tags with this weapon. My dilemma is that she loses the ability to reduce the def/res of any other category of units by 3 while hitting them with less might. That's a lot of units she can't give the usual ninja debuff to: Knights, pegasus riders, wyvern riders, cavaliers, mounted healers. Aka, the units it keeps putting my team up against. Hard to decide whether or not I want the full coverage or keep her specialized like that. 

And you're reading Henry's skills wrong. First, those skills are boosted by Henry's defense, not your foe's. Second, Ignis gives you a boost of 80% of your Def over Ember's 50%.

Sidenote: I heard Hector can counter from both 1 and 2 spaces away like Takumi. I just want Hector on my team even more now.

10 hours ago, Sheep said:

Go to Arena duel, then go to check rewards. You can find out your rank and rewards their by changing the score type.

4 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Oh, did your description not mention that he takes damage after battle from that ability?

My Bartre has Fury as well. No idea why they made the tier 3 version of that ability so bad. I know we wanna proc brash assault (the same do a follow-up attack if at or below 30/40/50% skill your hinata has) if we can but yeah, tier 3 isn't worth it, so it's a good thing you know you can de-equip skills and use the less extreme versions of some moves.

Take my kagero, for instance. She has Poison Dagger. The might is only 2 compared to her Steel Daggers, which is 5, but it gains effectiveness against infantry units (non-mounted, non-armored units) and they suffer res/def -4 through their next actions. Actions, plural. All the other stuff says action, so I think this debuff is lasting. I don't know because she literally obliterates infantry units she tags with this weapon. My dilemma is that she loses the ability to reduce the def/res of any other category of units by 3 while hitting them with less might. That's a lot of units she can't give the usual ninja debuff to: Knights, pegasus riders, wyvern riders, cavaliers, mounted healers. Aka, the units it keeps putting my team up against. Hard to decide whether or not I want the full coverage or keep her specialized like that. 

And you're reading Henry's skills wrong. First, those skills are boosted by Henry's defense, not your foe's. Second, Ignis gives you a boost of 80% of your Def over Ember's 50%.

Sidenote: I heard Hector can counter from both 1 and 2 spaces away like Takumi. I just want Hector on my team even more now.

Yeah, so the GermanlLocalization is just screwed up!

Ok on the Def of the unit with Henrys skill I might be wrong... damn... is it so hard to make it clear of which unit? They just say "OF THE UNIT" at the end... but yeah... both, Ember and Ignis say 50% Def.

and Fury states at all 3 tiers "take 2 Damage after combat."

and yeah the unit management is crazy with just 4 slots...

And my summon luck isn't the best either... did a 5-summon and all I got was 3 stars... well on of them was Nino, which is nice... since I needed a green ranged unit (and Nino is super cute in those new artworks)

• Support Squad

I didn't even realise the tomes fit into the colour wheel vs melee units too and thus didn't realise my red Sophia rounds out my offense very well with Camilla and subaki, though subakis skills kiiiinda suck. Cordelia pls.

I got Sharena up to level 20, should I awaken her? I don't have alot of options when it comes to spear and support and she has a great balance of stats so far, but idk about starting back at 1 and her best abilities are at 4.

Also should I invest more in legendary heroes or deep devotion?

1 hour ago, Fabled Asian said:

I got Sharena up to level 20, should I awaken her? I don't have alot of options when it comes to spear and support and she has a great balance of stats so far, but idk about starting back at 1 and her best abilities are at 4.

Also should I invest more in legendary heroes or deep devotion?

Depends on your team composition. and ya know, balance what you need and what you want to try to get. I would have dropped Shareena completely if it weren't for the arena bonus boost. But I'll probably promote her and someone else to 3 star with the 500 feathers I'm getting out of arena this week. She's the only mobile lancer I have.

I pulled a second Oboro today, should I just trade her in for some Hero Feathers?

Part of me kinda wants to keep her so I can make an entire squad of just Oboros.

Then I can finally say "OBORO SQUAD, ROLL OUT."

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Depends on your team composition. and ya know, balance what you need and what you want to try to get. I would have dropped Shareena completely if it weren't for the arena bonus boost. But I'll probably promote her and someone else to 3 star with the 500 feathers I'm getting out of arena this week. She's the only mobile lancer I have.

Yeah I know there are plenty of better spear users, but I don't have anyone to replace her and I'm very frugal when it comes to exp shards (I haven't used any yet)

Pretty much, if you wanna keep on using her. Keep in mind that training maps cost half the stamina they normally would for the next week or so so you might just want to raise an alternate team from scratch with her and save the shards for later.

10 hours ago, Guzam said:

Go to Arena duel, then go to check rewards. You can find out your rank and rewards their by changing the score type.

Yeah I know that, but like I said mine tells me I'm unranked. Given that the lower cutoff for rank is 100,000 I guess I'm just not in the top 100,000?

7 hours ago, Felix- said:

I didn't even realise the tomes fit into the colour wheel vs melee units too and thus didn't realise my red Sophia rounds out my offense very well with Camilla and subaki, though subakis skills kiiiinda suck. Cordelia pls.

Unfortunately Cordelia isn't as good as you might expect in this game because brave weapons are pretty lame. She's great vs fast sword wielders but overall her average movement and inability to double without attacking leave her a bit disappointing. Brave weapons seem like a great deal on slower units, but kill fast units.

21 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Yeah I know that, but like I said mine tells me I'm unranked. Given that the lower cutoff for rank is 100,000 I guess I'm just not in the top 100,000?

Unfortunately Cordelia isn't as good as you might expect in this game because brave weapons are pretty lame. She's great vs fast sword wielders but overall her average movement and inability to double without attacking leave her a bit disappointing. Brave weapons seem like a great deal on slower units, but kill fast units.

You should experiment with having her brave weapon unequipped. She does get like, -5 or -6 for having it on. Pretty that's a pretty good way to assure that you don't get 2 attacks unless you attack first. I could be wrong, but it could be the difference. Try it out while training is half stamina and you don't have to pay 5 stamina to equip or unequip a skill (yes, I unequipped Kagero's poison daggers before the whole thing about that stuff not costing stamina and that's how much it set me back by)

Also, no one is going to be ranked yet until all the scores come in and it actually places you. ATM, no one is placed or ranked yet. Just gotta wait another 14 hours as of this post to find out where your score puts you.