FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@SheepYeah, Celica is on the slow side. Even at lvl 31, her speed is stuck at 17, but even if she doesn't double, her attack hits in one shot what other green mages seem to hit with two.

Looking at atk stats:

Frederick- 34

Cecilia- 35

Kagero- 35

Tiki- 37

Bartre- 37 (and he's only at lvl 24), I really wanna get this guy to 5*

For those of you who beat the campaign with Veronic, does it only happen if you start clearing the missions on hard and lunatic? I've been raising other heroes because the training maps are only half price for stamina for a bit longer, but the story missions are gonna be there forever.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Spoiler

ssChuDi.png

2 down 10 to go. Only 3 of those 10 are actually in the game at the moment though.

Hunter I hope you get her soon too. I know you want her just as much as I did.

If I'm honest with you I was also worried about Effie's Def in the early levels, she started at 12 and only got a few boosts across the first 12 or so levels. Now she's sitting at level 20 with 21 Def (and 14 Res which is pretty damn good tbh) and I'm much happier. It's still not enough to be taking zero damage from most stuff but it's definitely enough to be an effective tank. It's also somewhat true to her growths in Fates though, Effie never had a spectacular Def growth as a Knight, I think it was 55%, with 20 of those percents coming from her class. In comparison her speed growth (also 55%) had a much higher personal component of 50%. Benny was the Knight more suited for General, while Effie was the Knight more suited to Great Knight because of its more offensive stat distribution. However her signature "speedy Knight" build at least didn't get carried over into Heroes as my level 20 Effie has 10 speed, and she has the Wary Fighter skill.

For the full statline at Lv 20:

HP: 31

Atk: 33 (Silver Lance)

Spd: 10

Def: 21

Res: 14

Add ya boy  844-386-8030

5 stars:

Young Tiki

Takumi

4 Stars

Robin

Fae

Nowi

Marth

Olivia

Sakura

Hanna

Severa

Fir

Awakening Tiki

Sophia

Shanna

Arthur

Virion

Setsuna

Niles

3 stars

Inigo

Oboro

Sully

Cecilia

Gordin

Gaius

Saizo

Nice Effie, man.

I found I was pretty lucky with Effie's defense growths the two times I've completed a Conquest run. I know this because the second time, I wanted to use Benny, but it would have been a downgrade in offensive power for a minimal gain in defense.

DUDE SPECIAL MAP FELICIA HYPE. "WE'VE GOT TROUBLE"....and Narcian I guess. Whatever.

9 hours ago, Chase said:

DUDE SPECIAL MAP FELICIA HYPE. "WE'VE GOT TROUBLE"....and Narcian I guess. Whatever.

Make sure to grab Felicia because HOLY HELL SHE'S GOOD! The tier list sits her alongside Kagero and Saizo as one of the best shuriken/dagger users in the game and she deserves it tbh. I pulled a 4* copy of her and have been training her to fulfill one of the lunatic Feb mission requirements but she just murders everything. Between way too much Spd and Res, a high Mt dagger which debuffs for -5, healing your allies after attacking, and a tactical nuke every 4th shot (Glacies) she is a very, very good unit. If there's one free character that you raise from their humble 2* beginnings, trust me, it should be Felicia.

I've only played Binding Blade once, and I didn't really like it (hence why I've only played it once) so I don't remember much of Narcian. He was very vain though, and very ambitious, not very likeable overall.

He seems to be basically, another Valter. Just some pompous Wyvern Lord arsehole lol. ((tehcinally Valter is later in the series as he is SS, but Iplay Sacred Stones first so... there's that.))

@Maelstrom, definitely haven't seen Nino then. Due to Gronnblade... she is freaking disgusting and with enough buffs, consistently can do around 28 to 35ish on a double. ___Blade mages are super strong in any comp that has Hone/Rally skills as you can stack their offenses to disgusting levels. And Blade tomes have no drawbacks over the same tome of their own level other than +1 CD which honestly... really doesn't matter that much in the long run. ((the others are Tharja for red, and Odin for Blue as a note.)) Honestly that's kinda why I let Cecilia go... cause I didn't really feel like training her as I already have 2 green mages that are 4* and work better for me tbh. If I roll her... so be it XD>

As for the Chapter 9-5 question up above, the main way to beat it is to be able to take out Veronica rather quickly by baiting her into your stuffs ranges but not letting her get counters in. Any ranged unit ((short of shit like Takumi)) have the fact you can hit them without procc'ing a Counter attack. Any decently leveled Sword unit will do a number on her. ((like really any that can smack her hard will work.)) and if she's left with a little bit use a ranged unit to pick her off. Xander is also a bit of a pain in the arse, so having a Blue Unit ((especially magic based)) tends to be the best way to dislodge him, but really any thing that can at least somewhat stand toe to toe with him will be helpful in the extreme. ((Peg Knights if you got one get a special mention as if you don't have anything magic, they can at least inflict quite a bit while their high res at least helps them not die entirely to Veronica if things go bleh. It's mostly just manipulting them to come into your ranges to deal with them. Veronica and Xander are bay far the threats on the map and if you can get them you should probably be able to grind through the rest of the, pretty effectively.

Cordelia trivialised Xander but Veronica was a big problem for me because up until recently I didn't have a good red unit trained. Now I've got Awakening Tiki but my team that went into that one was Cordelia/Jeorge/Merric/Maria.

Ye... Lyn kinda... esploded her for me. Like she was GAWN.

Xander got tanked by Fredrick and basically stalled until Lyn could run her butt over to him and punch him upside the jaw. With Nino basically jsut picking off the rest of stuff that was in reach more or less. Was using Serra at the time as well. ((who I may 4* and use over Sakura. Her Hone Attack + Swift Wind balm seems like a nasty and deadly combo, espcially in conjunction with my units like Nino, Robin [who really appreciates the speed], Lyn, and Fred boy. She definitely really pumps up my team a lot and as I have more offensive based units, I think having her over the more defensive Sakura do me wonders. Sakura is defs still worth keeping about though if I get a more def focused team boppin' about.))

Merric is fantastic, high speed, high damage with effective damage vs fliers so you don't need an archer, solid defence too. Just don't leave him in range of too many other mages because he oddly enough has much better Def than Res.

@Sheep I see thanks! I followed the thread and overheard Cecelia being a slow powerhouse so I got her from 2->4 with 9k feathers remaining but I suppose I'll replace her with Merric since they are the same colour. Mind if I ask now that should I save up feathers to make chrom 5 or get Felicia to 4?

I'd probably focus on getting anyone you're planning on using to 4* first because it doesn't cost anywhere near as much as going from 4* to 5* and 4* are good enough. 5* are powerful for sure (especially if they have a personal weapon) but other than the weapon upgrade there isn't a massive difference between them and their 4* counterparts. That being said I don't have any 5*s so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

@Sheep, no you are pretty on point. the 3* > 4* is usually of much higher impact than 4* to 5*, the key differences being... Character that gain a personal weapon from 4 to 5, Brave Weapon Users. ((Brave Weapon + get a SUPER boost in power imo from 4* to 5*... and honestly, I think Brave Units are only really good once they hit 5* personally, least they are a lot more usable.)), and some Killer Weapon users depending on if they get the second rank of their special in their 4* or 5*. Either way, you can have upped 10 3* for the same price you could up 1 4* to a 5* so it's much better for your roster to focus on getting 3*'s up to do so. Typically, from 3* to 4*, one of their skills will be able to go all the way to full rank. It depends on the unit I suppose, but I'd say most get the biggest bang for their buck from 3 > 4 unless the above.

I'll note, there is merit too using more units of a single type than a single one. I have both Nino and Merric, but am planning on leveling Merric some more. Why? Because Merric is more self-sufficient in ways then Nino is. ((he's bulkier so doesn't need to be babysat quite as hard and he fits in team comps without Hone/Rally skills a smidgen better.)) so long as they have enough of a distinct niche from the other unit it's perfectly acceptable and probably rather wise to have more options.

• Administrators

Was that explicitly said somewhere? Because those two being added implies sacred stones and that means Marisa and Lute and I need both of them.

More than any one person should need a character in a video game. And if nothing else, Lute was in the top 20 female characters.......

*grabby hands*

I just got Catria and she's all I really wanted from the initial pack of things - and totally being the first to get bumped to 5* (sorry tiki) when I have the badges needed - so now I wait for news of FE8-10.

4 hours ago, Ikaru said:

Was that explicitly said somewhere? Because those two being added implies sacred stones and that means Marisa and Lute and I need both of them.

More than any one person should need a character in a video game. And if nothing else, Lute was in the top 20 female characters.......

*grabby hands*

I just got Catria and she's all I really wanted from the initial pack of things - and totally being the first to get bumped to 5* (sorry tiki) when I have the badges needed - so now I wait for news of FE8-10.

It is according to this tweet:

fire-emblem-heroes-ephraim-eirika.jpg

Also really hope Seth is being added too.

Woooo!

I almost missed Olivia for todays special map!

get your free dancer!

also - is it possible that Attacks from Staff-Users are bugged?

My Lissa, which I'm currently training, behaves like she doesn't have that 10 Attack Weapon equipped...

She has like 26 Attack currently, with the Weapon equipped, and I've let er attack a 3 Res. Armorknight... well she SHOULD deal 23 damage according to Attack minus Resistance calculations, but it only does 13 - 10 less then anticipated... and exactly the number of the equipped weapon.

With my mages and Dragons it calculates properly :/

Edited by Cepheus

Offensive staffs do half of the users attack minus the targets resistance. If they didn't then healers would be the best units in the game.

Also looks like (according to Serenes Forest) the characters being added are Seliph, Julia, Ephraim, and Eirika. Now I'm not a massive fan of any of these, but Julia is cool and if I got her I'd definitely use her as my main blue mage.

Olivia is a pretty good unit against green units, but she's still true to her paperthin Gotta Dance Fast motif I assume she had in Awakening. I'm just bitter I don't have Azura.

---

I like seeing Ephraim and Eirika at least. Gives me hope that eventually the whole roster of Fire Emblem units may be reached. (I need Charlotte in my life.)