Maelstrom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

@Sheep Cool thanks for the tips, I'll try to get Lissa to 40 and probably give Olivia a shot as well.

At some point you're gonna have to stop and specifically level up olivia, cuz once you get dance, she's the pebble that sends the boulder down the hill twice, and doesn't get exp from dancing so she's gonna fall behind pretty fast.

• Support Squad

I kinda wish that there was something to do with leftover SP once you've gotten every skill. Plenty of characters have skillsets that are powerful but small and after level 25 or so they hit the max and have 400 or so leftover stagnating. At that point even the slight attempt they made to make dupe characters useful with the merging is pointless too so that kinda sucks as well. Maybe a mechanic, outside of the arena, you can spend SP to boost stats. Help out with the special event hero fights and the like, make it feel useful.

13 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

At some point you're gonna have to stop and specifically level up olivia, cuz once you get dance, she's the pebble that sends the boulder down the hill twice, and doesn't get exp from dancing so she's gonna fall behind pretty fast.

My gosh leveling her up is a pain. Still my Seliph loves her for more move distance.

I was a little surprised to see Female Robin as the new grand hero battle. I was expecting more "villains" first, but was glad to be able to actually get her, unlike the last one... I probably won't be able to get her level 35 form though. My team barely managed to win the first battle.

On a completely unrelated note, is Seliph any good? I can't quite recall if I've asked this, but I don't believe I received an answer if I did. He's my only five star as of now, so I'm using him, and he seems to work.

32 minutes ago, Combat said:

My gosh leveling her up is a pain. Still my Seliph loves her for more move distance.

I was a little surprised to see Female Robin as the new grand hero battle. I was expecting more "villains" first, but was glad to be able to actually get her, unlike the last one... I probably won't be able to get her level 35 form though. My team barely managed to win the first battle.

On a completely unrelated note, is Seliph any good? I can't quite recall if I've asked this, but I don't believe I received an answer if I did. He's my only five star as of now, so I'm using him, and he seems to work.

The normal one wasn't that hard honestly... but I used my only level 40-38 team, soooo...

but... oh my god... that Hard version of that battle is so much BULL****!

If you don't have a high-resistance range character that is preferably non-colored (like Felicia or Kagero) ... you Game over as soon as soon as you cross that one tile between the walls because every enemy except 2 can hit you from there.

and that character should also have relative good defense or that Axe/Lance guy will wreck you...

I tried it with my Nino and survived the Mage onslaught... well then came the Axe guy...

then I tried to put my high Defence Hinata in the way of the Axe guy to protect nino... guess what? the blue mage struts up and killed Hinata in one hit (and he would have doubled)

Okay so I managed to beat the Robin-F Hard map, although I spent almost the whole 50 stamina doing so. I ended up using my +Def Julia who is honestly a godsend, Takumi, and Femui with dance support from Azura (Olivia works in her place since she never saw any combat). Julia went out and fired off some damage at the axe user after receiving the +attack buff from Corrin. Takumi stood adjacent, blocking the area my units come from. He is -Res, so I have to play him carefully here. Corrin stands by behind him to be able to support more next turn, Azura doing the same. Enemy phase: Axe user advances on Julia and deals a lot of damage, but she lives fairly comfortably.  The mages advance and deal damage to Takumi and Julia, but the mages take the brunt of the exchange. From there, Takumi polished off Robin, Julia executed a mage, Corrin killed the Lancer, and Takumi killed the axe-man and the remaining mage with a dance from Azura. 

Bam. Although tbh, Robin-F probably wasn't worth the effort to get her, but hey, limited characters are limited characters, right?

3 hours ago, Combat said:

Dunno I've never used him. Looks decent but not great on paper.

5 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Dunno I've never used him. Looks decent but not great on paper.

I've not used him either but from looking at his basic set up.

• Bulky for a Sword unit having pretty high HP((49 at worst 55 at best supplemented by having +HP for a skill.))
  • Tyrfing is a unique weapon ((meaning 16 base attack)) that grants +4 def when in combat with 50% or lower hp.
  • Has Rally Speed.
  • Brash Assault bypasses low speed when on lower amounts of hp on attacks.

The problem here is that well... he doesn't have much else going for him. Chrom is probably the better stirhgt Red tank ((that isn't armoured)) as he has Defiant Defense for +7 defense when under half he also is a Falchion User which has renewal on it for free giving him passive health gain. Seliph himself has a lot of ideas that don't mesh. His defense + Brash Assault scream bulky offensive dude. However... Rally Speed doesn't really help further this idea. It's sorta.. weirdly there. If he had an offensive skill that did damage he could take better advantage of the fact he's getting wacked all the time and have some super powerful turns etc. In short he's usable. But if you have other sword options ((even 4* at times.)) maybe look into them first.

So, as you all know, I've been scouring the game for Female Corrin. I haven't gotten her yet, but what I *have* gotten is Oboro to +2, as well as 4 star Fae, 4-star A!Tiki, and Felicia and Cecilia from daily battles. Feli is actually a really nice unit. just.....keep her away from any unit that attacks defense. or strong breezes. I wish I had room for a healer in my levelling squad for her, but I just don't. It's sad because as my magekiller she's the one guaranteed to take hits, but with breath of life she's the only one I can't heal. Anyway, The Squads(TM):

Main arena team:

Ephiram (aka Slightly better than Oboro, and I mean Slightly), Camilla (aka Buxom-Guided Missile), Niles (aka Mages apply here) and Robin (aka Archers apply here)

current levelling squad:

Oboro (see above)/Jagen (Old Man Buffs Horses), Stahl (The Red Man in Green), Felicia (0x2), Cecilia (Like Robin but with 10 defense)

strategy: bait the mages. bait the archers. send my melee units in and oneshot everything else. until I can accomplish steps 1 and 2, retreat like it's going out of style. Maybe use the positional buffs. sometimes.

@AuthorReborn Yeah her final 5* level 40 stats are pretty meh.

I think if anything, she was designed to be a hard counter for her male version and Linde which isn't too bad but honestly if I go against any of those people in the arena, chances are I'll just have my 5* Camilla tidy things up for me.

6 hours ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

I've not used him either but from looking at his basic set up.

• Bulky for a Sword unit having pretty high HP((49 at worst 55 at best supplemented by having +HP for a skill.))
  • Tyrfing is a unique weapon ((meaning 16 base attack)) that grants +4 def when in combat with 50% or lower hp.
  • Has Rally Speed.
  • Brash Assault bypasses low speed when on lower amounts of hp on attacks.

The problem here is that well... he doesn't have much else going for him. Chrom is probably the better stirhgt Red tank ((that isn't armoured)) as he has Defiant Defense for +7 defense when under half he also is a Falchion User which has renewal on it for free giving him passive health gain. Seliph himself has a lot of ideas that don't mesh. His defense + Brash Assault scream bulky offensive dude. However... Rally Speed doesn't really help further this idea. It's sorta.. weirdly there. If he had an offensive skill that did damage he could take better advantage of the fact he's getting wacked all the time and have some super powerful turns etc. In short he's usable. But if you have other sword options ((even 4* at times.)) maybe look into them first.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll switch him back out for my four star Draug again. Shame that he's my only five star though.

Pull of the day: *** Selena

The two biggest selling points on Selena are the Armorslayer and Threaten Speed.

- For potential weapon challenges in the future, not having magic units to deal with armors - particularly armored lance units - is a pain. thankfully the cutting wit herself has a way to turn the tables on sword knights, absolutely obliterate axe knights, and mitigate her struggles against lance knights due to her weapon scoring super effective damage.

- Speed is one of the most important stats to have in Fire Emblem as of late, if not outright THE most important stat to have in Fire Emblem as of late. Threaten Speed allows Selena to provide a hand to the team by increasing their chances of doubling enemies affected by the skill.

The bad news though - is her other skill. Yes, It's friggin' Triangle Adept, which increases the boosts AND debuffs as you upgrade it. Selena does gain from the skill against axe units  and green tomes/dragons, but because she already has the advantage over axe units anyway, the trade-off against Lancers, blue tomes, and blue dragons like Femui doesn't seem like an even trade. All skills like this do is make a unit better at what they were already good at, and in Selena's case, there's plenty of units that outclass her because of their ability to be flexible. This one hurts.

HOWEVER - -IF- it's a pick your poison between having a Ruby Sword or Triangle Adept, Selena got the quick and painless choice here. It could have been worse.

From the collector's perspective:

Nohrian Retinue:

Xander:

- Laslow (Obtained)

- Peri (Obtained)

Camilla (Check):

- Selena (Obtained)

- Beruka (Still Need)

Leo:

- Odin (Still Need)

- Niles (Still Need)

Elise:

- Arthur (Still Need)

- Effie (Obtained)

1/4 Nohrian royals; 4/8 Nohrian retainers.

Hoshidan Retinue:

Ryoma:

- Saizo (Still Need)

- Kagero (Still Need)

Hinoka:

- Setsuna (Obtained)

- Azama (Obtained)

Takumi:

- Hinata (Obtained)

- Oboro (Obtained)

Sakura:

- Hana (Obtained)

- Subaki (Obtained)

0/4 Hoshidan royals, 6/8 Hoshidan retainers.

So I just jumped onto Serenes Forest to check how my Leif is faring compared to his average stats (Thracia) and I saw this. If I'm reading this correctly it looks like we're going to be able to customize the skills on our heroes, which is something that I'm definitely keen for. I feel like this is going to change the entire meta, brave weapon users with Threaten Speed or Darting Blow, Armour Knights with Wary Fighter and Sol (imagine Draug, he has a Brave Sword too!). Stuff's gonna be crazy, and it's gonna earn Nintendo tons more $$$ 'cause people are gonna spend looking for the skills they want once they've got the heroes they want.

On 22/2/2017 at 9:46 PM, Fabled Asian said:

@SJMistery Yeah I liked using Corrin-F for a while as well especially since I can use her Debuffs with Merric and a Second Magic user, but she is starting to lack a bit especially since I'm seeing alot of Anti-Dragon Units which is what I'm using Ephraim to get rid of, I just would like an alternative sub incase I need it.

So far its

Corrin-M 5* lv 40

Merric 5* lv 40

Ephraim 5* lv 35 (took out Catria)

Corrin-F 4* lv 40+1

fortunately, my FCorrin has enough defenses and speed to take even some dragon-slaying weapons like the Falchion, who she has WTA against.

And if the dragon slayer has WTA agaisnt my FCorrin, then it's generally easy prey for my Lucina.

Edited by SJMistery

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

So I just jumped onto Serenes Forest to check how my Leif is faring compared to his average stats (Thracia) and I saw this. If I'm reading this correctly it looks like we're going to be able to customize the skills on our heroes, which is something that I'm definitely keen for. I feel like this is going to change the entire meta, brave weapon users with Threaten Speed or Darting Blow, Armour Knights with Wary Fighter and Sol (imagine Draug, he has a Brave Sword too!). Stuff's gonna be crazy, and it's gonna earn Nintendo tons more $$$ 'cause people are gonna spend looking for the skills they want once they've got the heroes they want.

hmmm... and here I was thinking the AI was just cheating... but maybe it already uses inheritance to obtain skills the characters cannot learn

I mean facing a 4* level 40 Takumi in the training tower with skills like Fujin Yumi (5* exclusive) and Rally skills...

I mean seriously the AI is super cheaty on the high Training levels... 4* Nini with Greenblade+ (also 5* exclusive) and Ignis... what???

On 2/22/2017 at 4:28 PM, Commander said:

Hahahahaha Promoting to 5 star. That's a good one. Seriously, the badges aren't the problem with promoting the units....it's the fact it requires 20,000 feathers in which you can basically get that in a month if you're really good and dedicated.

I had enough feathers at one point, however grand badges are the biggest hindrance for me because RNG doesn't like to give me Azure ones. Sending duplicate heroes home gives you a ton of feathers 

14 minutes ago, Avatar of Grima said:

I had enough feathers at one point, however grand badges are the biggest hindrance for me because RNG doesn't like to give me Azure ones. Sending duplicate heroes home gives you a ton of feathers 

Yeah, but with skill inheritance, you're gonna wanna level up duplicate heroes so you can give their skills to someone else. Also, I checked and found that 5* characters only give 1000 feathers if you send them home. That's only half of what it takes to make a 3* into a 4*, and obviously 1/20 what you need to go 5*.

I knew I should have kept my second 4* Camilla...

12 hours ago, Sheep said:

I'm sure there's going to be some catch like a feather/badge cost >_>

I've never exceeded 11k feathers since I'm constantly upgrading 3* people.

I'm just sitting here at 2k 'cause I've been upgrading nonstop

I've Settled on Jagen as the Blue Spear for my cavalry team, and it's going great. it'll be a shame when I have to rarify him, which I will for his cavalry synergy, but rn he's incredible with Stahl, Cecilia, and Felicia, because Stahl's swap (and horse move in general) helps with formations and with Feli in the middle I can sustain Jagen and Stahl for a while. Feli also helps against mages, since my knights have low Res, and Cecilia handles archers as long as she can get the first shot in (hint: she can). The only trouble this team has is flyers in tight spaces, since my guys can't always get in position to protect my gals, who often can't oneshot flyers due to their high Res. Horse Mages are still a thorn in my side, but only if I can't rotate Feli out front to kill them. Otherwise, the high movement and great defenses, combined with only one non-meta unit having beastslayer, make this a very powerful team when given the space to run around. Also, once I finish Felicia's skills, I think she'll be able to handle F!Robin nicely.

I actually passed the Robin fight (finally), using Camilla to tank the top and Niles to tank the bottom. Niles nearly died, but with a dancer I was able to rotate him back up and let Camilla cleave through the top mages with little difficulty. So now I've got 2* F!Robin, and while she's been hinted at being useful for the next Grand Hero Battle, I don't know if I'll be able to Rarify her in time for it. I'm nearly tapped out, and I haven't even gotten Jagen and Anna upgraded to 4* yet! If Robbie's still here when I get team 2 up to snuff, I may try it with them, just for the heck of it.

As per the above, Collector Report: Dragons, Nohr, and Horse Synergy

Dragons: Fae, Adult Tiki x3, no Y!Tiki, Nowi or F!Corrin (-_-) 2/5

Nohr:

M!Corrin: No

Xander: N/A

-Laslow: Yes

-Peri: No

Camilla: Yes 2x

-Beruka: No

-Selena: Yes

Leo: No

-Niles: Yes

-Odin: Yes

Elise: No

-Effie: No

-Arthur: Yes

1/5 royals (counting corrin), 5/8 Retainers. 

Horse Synergy:

Have: Jagen, Cecilia, counting Stahl 'cause he works well w/ the team 

Yet to have: Gunter, Peri, Leo, Elise

Conclusion: My Conquest of this game is as yet incomplete. Also, F!Corrin is actively avoiding me.

Yeah, I've preferred to turn 5 3* into usable 4* rather than try to wait for the extra 10k feathers after getting the repost 10k.

On that note, I think I need a better green mage unit than Cecilia. But I've only got 2x 3* Nino and now a 3* F-Robin (hey, 200 feathers is chump change and much better than hitting my head against that BS wall that is the 3* robin challenge.

Should I work on either of these two or hope for someone else, assuming I have the orbs to pull more units?

I have 11/20 Orbs so far, should I save them until next banner, or is there something to get in the Battling Robin or Family Bonds? I'm not entirely eager for Maria, Fir, or Hawkeye unless there's something to them. Or maybe just leave luck to heaven to get units I want/need. Or should I continue investing in the Exp booster?

My personal opinion is that everyone should max the EXP booster because 18 orbs for the last two upgrades sounds like a lot, but when you think about it it's about 4 heroes all up. I'd gladly sacrifice 4 heroes that I'm probably not going to want anyway to give myself a permanent 100% EXP boost for the rest of the game.