FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

@Chase They can as it is literally Lucina. Like there is no reason to back up Camilla or Tharja as those two are much, much smaller compared to Lucina in retrospect (Literally she is female marth in the sense).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I was to draw a theoretical winners bracket up based on who's in the game at the moment it'd probably have Lucina, Camilla, Tharja, Lyn, Ike, Hector, Celica, and someone like Ephraim/Alm/Chrom/Robin/Reinhardt/Azura or maybe some Heroes waifu like Linde/Julia/Nino/Cordelia/Kagero/Minerva heck maybe even Ninian if they do a dragons one.

Whoever's in that last slot isn't going to beat one of the aforementioned 7 though, and I'd put money on the finals being Lucina vs Ike and Lucina thrashing him.

Man. That would be tough. I'd have to flip a coin between joining Team Azura or Team Celica.

It would be EASY if Lukas was on that final banner.

---

Hey guys! It's Lloyd!

He has a super sick personal sword with 16 might that boosts his attack and speed at full health when equipped.

He comes with Iceberg and Threaten Attack as inheritance options well.

Your banner options are interesting.

Raven

Hinoka

Klein

Ninian

Essentially, Brave Weapons and a Dancer. Lol. Ninian is a great pull though.

• Support Squad

the real mvps in lloyds fight was Camilla and sheena. Use camilla to reposition sheena over the river, bait the archer and blue mage down to die then reposition away when lloyd wanders over.

well, the regular Lloyd battle was easy enough. Rally res on Hector, move hector next to the river to bait the archer and the mage. next turn, move back and rehab on hector. had ike as my sword wielder stationed the axe flier. Cecilia and Hector finish off the rest when they come by. Definitely keep that rehab ready for Hector though. It almost works on the harder version too.

I rolled a Mae. Is she any good? I don't really see her replacing Linde. As it is, I just happen to have a lvl 37 Shanna for the arena bonus.

1 minute ago, Maelstrom said:

I rolled a Mae. Is she any good? I don't really see her replacing Linde. As it is, I just happen to have a lvl 37 Shanna for the arena bonus.

Looks pretty good to me.

Blarowl sounds like an actually useful tome especially when you have good support units.

With Desperation 3 you really can't go wrong with her except against physical units.

I really want to get Buoy but seeing the new banner has units with Brave Bow+ and Brave Axe+ that I need for Quadsuna and Cherche I probably won't be able to roll for him :(

Well, I have to thank @President Felix for the strategy to use a flier to bring a green tank unit across the river. Luckily, my old 4* Camilla had some spare SP on her, so I gave her reposition and sent Hector across. It was a mad scrabble to kill a unit or two, then escape back to the other side before Lloyd could finish sweep down at them. I had Ike take care of the axe flier. I misplaced Azura and the mounted bow unit almost took her out, so I took out both the bow and Lloyd with Ike. It was a near loss because of how I handled Azura, but Ike took out lloyd with the help of one of her dances, instead of having her just orko him. 

I just rolled it with my normal Arena team, full SI Ephraim, Anna, Tharja, Olivia, swapped everyone around at the start, then moved so that I had Ephraim JUST in range of the archer cavalry (remember that he has DC and QR), and I moved Tharja to just below the mountains, with Olivia behind her and Anna beside her and behind Ephraim. Eph ORKO'd the horse archer with QR, next player phase I ko the flier with Tharja and moved Ephraim behind Anna, then Danced Ephraim so he and then Anna could move back one. this created an AI loop where Lloyd would move in front of the lance cav, be in range of Tharja, and then the lance cav would repo him back. I then moved Tharja and Olivia back, which broke the loop, sending the lance cav to his redheaded demise, while Lloyd and the blue mage were left behind. Last Turn, Anna could reach and kill the blue mage, so she did, and Lloyd survived the double from Tharja by like 4 hp, so I danced her and he died, ending the map.

TL;DR Git Gud a fully SI'd team with two five-stars on it.

On 5/19/2017 at 4:24 PM, Maelstrom said:

On 5/19/2017 at 4:30 PM, 5hift said:

Blarowl sounds like an actually useful tome especially when you have good support units.

Owl tomes are entirely inferior to Blade tomes offensively in like nearly every way. To get even slightly comparable a boost you'd need to set up all three characters to be adjacent before you attack literally every time. Further, even base without a blade tome Linde is better statwise. She has 5 more speed ((literally doulbing range)) speed over Mae and with her Signature tome ends up with 3 more attack. Mae's defenses are barely higher than Linde's really so the tradeoff isn't really worth it. Mae is pretty much just inferior than Linde in every way since you have to net 3 Owl tome bonuses at all times to have her be on par with Linde. In Mael's case there's really 0 reason to use her ever.

In general Owl tomes just aren't all that feasible for your typical offensive build since netitn' that many bonuses AFTER moving is pretty difficult to consistently do and without leaving a ton of units in rnage of enemy attack or just bruning their turns entirely. Owl tomes would probably only be good on a super bulky mages that can bait an enemy unit in tandem with Close Counter. It's just much more relstic to get the bonuses this way so it's more of a defensive tome tbh.

In short, Mae is fine if you don't have Linde, or Reinhardt. She's probably the third most powerful blue mage out of the box. ((and having natural Despy is nice.)). But her statline kinda leaves a lot to be desired as it's lacking in speed for the role she wants to do, but she's not really tanky either. She's in a weird midpoint between being tanky mage, or an offensive one and that makes her not excel at doing either role. 

25 minutes ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

In short, Mae is fine if you don't have Linde, or Reinhardt. She's probably the third most powerful blue mage out of the box. ((and having natural Despy is nice.)). But her statline kinda leaves a lot to be desired as it's lacking in speed for the role she wants to do, but she's not really tanky either. She's in a weird midpoint between being tanky mage, or an offensive one and that makes her not excel at doing either role. 

Coughdon'tsleeponOlwencough.

With similar optimal skill inherit builds and Hone Cavalry support Olwen hits 120 wins, 2 losses, 8 draws, while Reinhardt hits 116 wins, 3 losses, 11 draws. Reinhardt is also killed by more units than Olwen when attacked due to his lack of speed leading to him being doubled. It's 29 kills on Olwen to 32 kills on Reinhardt in that respect. Lastly Olwen through a combination of her high Spd and Res walls magic hard, while Reinhardt struggles to say he walls anything. You can make up your own mind about which one has slightly more potential, certainly Reinhardt is easier to get and requires less investment to be good, but you should never create a list of top tier blue mages that doesn't have both on it. 

And only after writing this I notice you said out of the box. Whatever, it's still a point that's worth putting out there because too many people sleep on Olwen.

Imo for blue mages with SI taken into account Olwen=Reinhardt>Ursula>Linde>Lucina-S>Mae>Robin>Odin.

23 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Coughdon'tsleeponOlwencough.

Imo for blue mages with SI taken into account Olwen=Reinhardt>Ursula>Linde>Lucina-S>Mae>Robin>Odin.

It was about infantry mages. Why would I bother giving info on Cavs which require a team comp built around them?

Like Olwen is hands down better than Rein for Blade Tomes, ((and is probably better than him in cav teams in general.)) with Ursula being slightly behind and more readily available to everyone. But both Olwen and Ursula jsut aren't good on non-Cav based teams. They need the boost to their offenses to really shine. Rein is the only real cav mage that's worth using outside a team set up around him cause he doesn't really need any buffs to function. His base kit on it's own is sufficient.

Mae and Linde ((and Rein even.)) are much easier to stick on any old team without needing the specific buffs and don't have the same issues as cavs do with their movement. Lucina-S I didn't really remember to mention though since she's limited availability.

The thing is, Olwen and Ursula require a loooooot more than just their own SI costs to be good. they require you run a whole team around them. Which may be too steep a price for some people. I know quite a few that hate the calavry move's inability to move through trees on certain maps. In a cav team Olwen is legitimately the best blarblade mage in the game. ((if not THE best mage)) with Ursula pretty much just underneath her. I use Ursula+HoneCavs pretty much as my main core or have been for the past few seasons for bonuses. So ye... I know how good they are. It was jsut being asked more in relation to how Mae is in comparsion to other infantry mages.

((and I did mention Rein which might have made this massively confusing in the first place cause I'm stupid and didn't bandaid that LOL. But I mentioned him becuase he works on pretty much literally any team.))

((still hope I roll an Olwen at some point. She's cuter than Rein anyway.))

also that was literally the most roundabout way possible to say "Ye, I know in certain circumstances X is better." I need to work on being so wordy.

• Support Squad

You seem to be missing the fact that blarowl is perfect for the new defence maps and the new tiles. Slap Mae and co down on those tiles and let the enemy come to you. The issue obvs is you won't always get those defence tiles maps but Int seems intent on doing more with the mechanic. Maybe one day they'll let you choose your defense team and map, maybe let you fiddle with the AI tactics. They do that, Mae n co are perfect for a defence team.

Mae is a great pull - as she's pretty much the discount infantry Blue Mage right out of the box. Desperation is optimal and even if you are not planning to use her it's a skill inheritance unit.

She's really only better than Linde if you don't have her or if you don't want to spend as much to trick either of them out. She's a bargain Linde at the expense of some damage output and speed.

saving SP and time ain't bad and is considerable. However, Linde is better just comparing the two.

I've been pulling alot of bad 5*'s lately, I shouldn't be complaining, but I'm going to do it anyways because they aren't exactly good units IV wise/useage wise.

Boey +HP, -SPD (lose 1 IV)

Sanaki +HP, -ATK

Pricilla +HP, -SPD (I'm sensing a trend now that I'm typing it)

Clair +RES, -ATK

Edited by Fabled Asian

• Support Squad

Est

Brave Lance+/Killer Lance from cordelia/Peri

reposition from Barst

Iceberg from Niles

Iotes Shield/Fury from Michalis/Hinata

Seal Speed innate

Threaten Defense/Spur attack from Peri/Barst

Hp+3 seal

if the game wants it the game fucking gets it

it doesnt look like her defenses are good enough to survive the high damage nukes but idc, when she does she'll hit back witha  fucking vengeance.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE GAME KEEPS THROWING HER AT ME, I'M MAD NOW

Oh? We ragin?

spent 40 bucks on the Celica banner after getting Echoes (play it, yo) because why not-only money.

FINALLY pull a Kagero. No Echoes pulls though and she's 4 stars.

-Attack,+Defense Kagero. It's a DUD. ITS A GODDAMN DUD. EXCITEMENT WASTED. 

SAKURA, WRYS, and MOONBOW FODDER ISNT WORTH 40 BUCKS MAN.

Maybe someone wants Warding Blow? MAYBE?

---

Anyway. In honor of promoting Lukas to a Knight in Echoes - Man's getting built, mother-

-Atk Kagero has 37 Atk with the Poison Dagger+, which translates into 55 Atk against infantry. I call that usable. -Spd is much worse than -Atk.

In other news I summoned a +Atk -Spd Genny today, not that the nature matters because she is 100% Wrathful Staff fodder for Lucius. You know, when I summon him. Today is a good day.

Ursula basically one shot everything and what she couldn't take care of Xander/Ike did. I beat pretty much all of them go 1. ((other the 3's hard cause I fucked up my positioning a little and that caused me to lose. to be fiar... I did it right when the map came out which was like 3 in the morning and I hadn't slept yet lol))

@doombotmecha I thought they were all pretty easy, then again I use units that can counter at all ranges. The only one's I can't beat are the missions for Hard Flier one due to lack of movement/defenses and the 4th Hard one, which is fine since I just want the orbs.

I'm pretty much finished my Jeorge, so now I'm just going to save feathers for Moonbow/Ignis or maybe I'll work on that Cherche I've been wanting to for a while now. I fed my free 4* Zeph to Faye to give he rLnD, trying to make her into a Support Archer that can weaken/finish foes without worrying about stuff like Vantage, QR, and Distant Counter while having Ardent/Draw Back, Wings of Mercy, Breathe of Life

Edited by Fabled Asian

1 hour ago, President Felix said:

The takumi one was annoying, waht with Tacodancing but otherwise dealable with. All the other were irrelevant difficullty wise.

You really just needed to get him to split from the pack a bit more since Olivia will just stick to Effie if he goes a certain way. ((which is nice since Effie only can move as much as a normal unit with a dance boost. Basically it's a game of "can you kite the Effie?" at that point. Having your own dancer immensely helps I find since you can just pick at her really easy. Another note is Taco is super weak to mages so if you've got a good one ((or a good Raven Tome user.)) You can exploit his bad res super easy. It can be tricky though seeing as Dancer Ai is... super freaking unpredictable at times. The one with the flires can be difficult if you don't have the right set-up as well just cause they have WAY better capablity to move on that map. ((however and thankfully... they are pre-SI so they can't use Repos shenanigans to sling one of them forward and take out one of your units asap.)) I fucked up on that one once due to positioning. ((and lowkey disrepsecting Hinoka cause I carelessly moved Ursula into her range. LOL.)) and as I was trying to get the extra goodies from getting it without unit deaths welp. Restart for Hukuna.

The Three Swords + Wrys one was kinda a joke. You needed like a single tanky blue to just clog a hole and they just sat there and eventually died. ((since Wrys would almost always split from the pack and leave them to die. Swear that old man's got a sadistic side.))

And for funsies. I rolled a Genny. and lemme say from the results Wrathful staff is great on her and she's not even fast enough to really abuse it. Serra, Lucius, Priscella and Elise will love the having it. They are probably all generally usable. Lucius probably the best for Infantry Staves. ((though Serra is pretty similar but has like 10 more defense? I dunno maybe there's a reason to use her over him. Maybe her tiny little extra speed will matter enough. Doubt it. Main reason might just be availability.)) with Elise being the best for the Cavs. ((with Pris probably being passable with the Cav buffs but basically discount Elise.)) Wrathful is interesting tech imo, and it can let your healer contribute to some damage if need be or just sit back in healy mode. It's just interesting imo and it feels like it gives staff users a new fun tool to play with that's not just WoM. Wish they had a bit broader selection of A skills... but eh...

but Genny can soften super well and often with dance assist kill off the unit entirely if their res is spotty. ((which I find to be more common.)) dunno. I just like Wrathful a lot and kinda wish it was in the game earlier.

personally I'll be keeping a Copy of Genny. Cause she's a writer like me apparently so... I think I'm obligated to. ((and I I sent Lucius home... I rolled one but that was back before Wrathful existed and I already had so many healers the feathers were more important at the time. Whoops?))

I thought the last on hard was the easiest. Had young tiki draw the mages and Hector to the left. Sent Kagero and Rehab Lissa to the right. She takes out Jeorge, takes a bunch of damage, and then gets healed back to full health. Rinse and repeat for the mages. At the very end I killed the last mage from right in front of Hector at a choke point, but I simply had Tiki use swap on her, then had azura use dance so she could just take out Hector instead of waiting for him to suicide next turn.

I totally forgot that one was basically an entirely red team + some random unit as well. Which tended to be the issue with most of the teams. They were heavily biased on one or two colours. The only one that had like any variety was the fliers one. ((but not enough as Ursula could still pretty much ORKO all of them, just had to move her properly which was a tad awkward cause of the trees on that map.))

But ye team comp definitely super trivialized some of them. Due to it being pre-SI I think that's what lead to them being pretty easy. I'd love to see what stuff would be in SI'd maps. ((perhaps the next batch will be the Characters use are their basic forms and the hard mode is full of the SI'd version of the units.))

Despite the relative ease I still enjoyed it though tbh.