FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

So I finally have enough feathers to Unlock Potential of one unit, and I was wondering which of these two might be recommended. I've only just now started using armored and mage units, so they both are pretty useful, but I'd like some opinions. One of them might have a flaw that would make the feathers a waste. 

tudbhQ7.pngm9Xnsj7.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could be wrong - but I think you have a Nino that is -Atk,+Def.

That certainly is not good. Nino wants either Attk or Speed as a boon, and Def is one of her best banes as she has obsolete tankiness. In other words, she doesn't care about defense.

Everyone has a level Zephiel. So I'm leaning toward promoting him and inheriting Gronnblade to someone else (Soren, S!Camilla).

PLEASE wait for someone to confirm that IV for me though. If you have a better Nino than I think, you may want to keep her.

40 minutes ago, Chase said:

I could be wrong - but I think you have a Nino that is -Atk,+Def.

it's honestly too early to tell on her due to her being level 36.She's 100% +Def as it's higher than her neutral base but you can't tell any of the others but Res isn't the - It's past that already. The others are hanging around the bottom end so it could be a few of them yet. get tell As a note @Combat if the unit is not level 40 but is higher than lvl 1 it's impossible to tell their IVs unless they happen to work out well enough that you can weed them out((which ain't going to be often)). Instead of showing that stat screen put them into the unlock potential screen and show the lvl 1 stat of their next star level up. ((with everything unequipped.)) It's much easier to actually tell that way.

Zephiel has to be 100% Neutral though. All Units recieved from hero Battles and Grand Hero Battles are always 100% neutral. As Grand Hero Battle Units aren't currently rollable, they are unable to recieve Banes/Boons. So, he's a safe bet to go with for 5*. He's a pretty solid unit if you don't mind using armours ((personally I despise them and never will. Fuck 1 mov.))

@Chaseand @Hukuna the Undying

Thanks for the advice, I didn't realize that the Grand Hero heroes were always neutral natured. As it turns out, my Nino's bane is actually in HP, which might be an issue. It's kind of hard to tell for someone who plays as casually as me. I might go and upgrade Zephiel, or save my feathers for someone else like Xander.

No problem.

HP is... rather unfortunate just cause of how bloody low her HP is in general. I'm not sure if it makes her unusable though? I dunno. I'd have to run calcs and see some stuff and no offense but I feel awful right now ((sick)) so I doooon't feel like do numberwang right now. 

Zephiel is certainly just a veeeeeeeeery solid option. He should serve you well. Get him a good A Skill and he'll be great.

7 hours ago, Commander said:

Also @Hukuna the Undying Ike is the second most broken character in the series right behind Ryoma. Only thing that separates the two is Ryoma's insane Crit rate (I think it's believed he has a hidden 30% rate) and vantage.

I disagree. I realise it's not the thread's purpose to go into depth discussing which units are the strongest characters in the series, but as far as the most broken playable unit goes, it is almost unanimously considered to be Sigurd. He starts the game prepromoted in a game where this is a very good thing, is available in the prologue, gets given a repairable Silver Sword in the prologue, is mounted, gets a signature weapon which is 30 might and gives him +10 Skl, +10 Spd, +20 Res, and the Miracle skill, and has the bases and growths to solo his entire part of Genealogy from start to finish. The difference between Sigurd and Ryoma is that Ryoma is irredeemably broken for part of his game, while Sigurd is irredeemably broken for ALL of his game. 

Even if you want to just base power on endgame viability that's still not Ryoma. It's Julia, once again from Genealogy of the Holy War. Her personal weapon is 30 might, gives her +20 Skl, +20 Spd, +20 Def, and +20 Res, while also giving her, and only her, the ability to deal significant damage to the final boss. 

Ryoma and Ike are certainly very strong, but they are in no way, shape, or form the strongest two units in the franchise.

Sooooo

Robin seems to be in the drivers seat and should only be worried about "weaker" bonuses from Leo coming at the wrong time.

He only has HALF the score Tharja has accrued. Maybe.

This isn't too much important - but it will depend on how many Team Julia members are Anti-Tharja vs how many join Tharja under a presumed free 500 feathers.

---

Thats honestly the next thing that needs changing in terms of VGs. They should remove army victory feathers for the first two rounds and make a bigger "Champion" feather amount in its stead for the winning army.

This ensures - ideally - that people are picking their favorites or actively sabotaging favoreds in the second round as opposed to bandwagoning a Tharja or similar unit for free win feathers and making a real popularity contest obsolete. Paired with the step forward that was the 3x losing bonus, and you should have a fair contest.

I'd say there's incentive enough to support your favourite character without a payoff of any kind. Rather than linking feathers to army victories, or rank in army, I'd have a single feather allocation linked to overall rank, with the payouts from it being significantly increased. The upside of this is there isn't any incentive to jump on the winning horse for free army win feathers, nor is there incentive to support underdogs with the aim of getting a high rank in the army without spending many flags. Which army you join then makes no difference whatsoever on your payout, only how hard you fight for them, and the only logical choice for each individual player is to support their favourite, whoever that may be.

I'd also ditch the 3x multiplier system because that's dumb.

@Sheep Fair enough. Genealogy of the Holy War is one of the games on my very long list of backlog I'd need to play. Speaking of that, we still need Sigurd along with Leif and Micaiah to have the full set of lords in heroes. I'm hoping after that they star putting in 3-4 star hero draws in.

@Combat Imo it's going to really come down to your build whether or not -HP Nino is going to be of any use. If you are able to one shot Ryoma and Ike (and Xander) you should be safe. I mean I generally just use Takumi to one shot her, but dear god Fury + Spur/Rally Defense Ninos are a pain to take down as they can live stuff. Just did a calc with Fury and Desperation and once she gets her HP down, she only loses to Henry and Sanaki if she has a spur speed and spur attack on her (cough *Eirika* cough). But if you have a good supporter, Fury 3 (did life and death calcs and those aren't so great), Desperation, and whatever for the C Skill (Keep Hone Attack probably), she should a pretty good nuke and still work. Obviously, she's going to die to pretty much any attack but Fury lets her ORKO basically everything except Sanaki and Henry more or less (there's a few others but you get the idea). Though I do recommend holding off until you use all the upcoming orbs heading our way since you'll never know what you'll roll. But all I'm saying is that you can work with this.

@Chase Imo, it would probably be easier to balance this all out if the winner of a round gets and orb and the loser gets 1k feathers. Freeriders would want to go for the orbs, but people who care about feathers would be aiming for the loser characters anyways to max out their points so you can aim for 3k feathers and no orbs, 3 orbs and no feathers, 2 orbs and 1k feathers, and so on. While it wouldn't really change anything at all, losers would at least get something out of picking who they want.

If the winners got orbs that just makes the situation even worse. Literally everyone would jump on the winning horse from round one because orbs are much more valuable than feathers. For the promise of orbs I'd almost support Camilla over Cordelia. I wouldn't, but I'd be tempted.

I can get behind the premise being picking your favorite. The problem is invariably that the game has already introduced a reward for winning a round. 500 feathers is two 4 star units and getting Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna to three along with two of your other daily heroes. It's a compelling reason to sell out if you are like me where the fun of the game is to build up Heroes and not to be glued to your iPhone playing anime chess.

@Sheep

The first thing I gotta say is - why is the 3x multiplier dumb? The biggest complaint VGs had prior to this one is that matches involving certain characters were too lopsided. Coming from someone who likes the Luciuses and Olwens of this game - how is it you are opposed to a system that gives them a fighting chance against Awakeners and Fates waifu bait characters?

Secondly, your solution is in retrospect great in terms of Favoritism prevailing, but removes the ability to freeload entirely and focuses heavily on involvement in a iPhone application. Retroactively stripping incentives isn't a good solution at this point in my opinion, because humans dig free stuff. They also dig easier climbs on losing army ladders. Players should - at this point - get to participate how they want, with the goal being for Devs to encourage more viability in choosing a random favorite.

@Commander

I can see what you are getting at here, but it's not even a real solution because picking your favorite Hero takes backseat to trying to maximize loot even more. It is much better received by the player base, but you still get gamesmanship and players neglecting their favorites for orbs. This is essentially the opposite of Sheeps suggestion.

How can we find a happy medium?

42 minutes ago, Chase said:

The first thing I gotta say is - why is the 3x multiplier dumb? The biggest complaint VGs had prior to this one is that matches involving certain characters were too lopsided. Coming from someone who likes the Luciuses and Olwens of this game - how is it you are opposed to a system that gives them a fighting chance against Awakeners and Fates waifu bait characters?

Because while I might want them to win, if they don't attract popular support they shouldn't be winning a popularity contest. A system by which a less popular character can overcome a more popular character in a popularity contest is no longer a popularity contest. If someone is more popular, they deserve to win regardless of what I think of them. The solution isn't to try and skew the matchup in favor of the underdog, it's to create gauntlets that don't have a clear winner from the start.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Chase said:

That's the problem. It doesn't give them a fighting chance. It just makes it feel closer. So far there hasn't been anything unexpected and the one matchup that was closest to being a big upset still ended as a 700 million difference in favor of Tharja. Probably much closer than it would have been but ultimately at this rate nothing has changed.

It may just be illusory for now, but it's a solid attempt to rectify the problem of matches being over the first hour they even start. I'd rather see Robin fight and ACTUALLY try to tip the scales on Tharja even if she was supported by more people. (And I have to objectively say I would rather Tharja win that matchup. She's my first relevant Heroes pull and was a huge unit in my Awakening run.)

I think Voting Gauntlet participation has two aspects. One is for characters to recruit as many players as possible (popularity) and one is to have those players fight for you as often as possible (effort)

Take Leo vs. Robin right now. After Leo's last surge, he got back up to only being down 93 million points and a "Same" strength rating at a wee hour in the morning. Robin is expected to get distance, but it's no sure thing. The modifier doesn't favor underdogs. It opens the door for the harder working army to prevail, be it the underdogs making the power play or the leaders in staving off the modifier to gain traction. The game is made interesting, and it really matters how the leading army responds.

Effort -should- matter.

Finally. Our sample size is INCREDIBLY small at the moment. Tharja was EXPECTED to clean house and that holding up doesn't mean the modifier failed and the opposite hypothesis is true. I was thoroughly entertained in the first two rounds because Leo really was pushed by both his opponents. He had leads. It was encouraging enough to want to keep participating.

It's better than watching Ephraim get hosed by Lucina by 5 billion points.

Its a hybrid popularity-effort contest thing.

@Sheep

While this is also ideal - this damages the "thematic" value of the gauntlet and because the primary goal for intsys is to get players to invest in orbs it is an unrealistic expectation for a Gacha game. Mages?! - OOOH LINDE AND JULIA. Money. Take it.

The only two "competitive" themes you have going that also have monetary gain are a Hero Fest Gauntlet with super meta units - and Waifu Bait. And the last one isn't even going to happen.

It's true that I hadn't considered voting gauntlets in the frame of tools for producing banners with units that people are likely to pay money for on them. You make a fair point.

The only reason I brought up fixing the Gauntlet is because I want people to stick with their favorites in order myself. Everything else about this game comes down to a science. This doesn't have to!

Leo legitimately was my favorite in two VGs. No he didn't win either, but he's special to me and taking L's was worth it in the pursuit of a good time. That's what I think the devs wanted players to tap into over freeloading the prettiest units army or ranking up a loser's ladder. 

We're in the same boat - I just think way too much about the surrounding aspects of the game to dismiss them.

She is pretty good tbh, but...we're going through the whole removing daily orbs thing again. I know IS is not going to read this, but look...they're losing money removing those since instead of having a chance for a 5 star, you basically have no chance since you could easily burn 60 orbs without a 5 star. 40 it is almost guaranteed with 6 percent.

I'm going to be use the 20 orb bonus on Celica banner, but...I really recommend saving your orbs until they release daily again or a banner you really, really want something since you only get 20 free orbs a banner. I don't particularly need anything so I'm just summoning with hopes of at least getting good skill fodder.

As for the whole Wrathful staff, I'd it makes mages okay for attacking, but give it to Elise if you have her. It has its uses, but I doubt we are going to see much of healers in arena for various reasons. Genny is okay, Boer is too slow, Mae is alright and useful if you don't have a good Linde, and Celica is great but loses to Tharja in usefulness. Personally if I get Celica I will use her. She fights just how I like them.

58 minutes ago, Commander said:

Celica is great but loses to Tharja in usefulness. Personally if I get Celica I will use her. She fights just how I like them.

Only thing I'll say though is you don't have to build your team around supproting your Bladetome for Celica though. She works with a bit less investment ((only really needing a healer or a unit with Breath of Life)) to support her. SO I think Celica is easier to fit on pretty much any team. ((since she's basically a one time super nuke of doom.)) I'm saying this without really knowing or having her though so... I'm might jsut be dumb.

Owl Tomes seem a lot worse now that I know how they work too... it being incombat bonsues... kinda sucks since you have to set up positions for that super in advance and I think it's only really worth if you get at least 2 adjacent which would be difficult to reliably pull off on player phase. ((and to do it while baiting defensively you require Close Counter which is a very premuim skill right now due to being on 1 unit who is 5* exclusive.))

As for Gauntlet... I could really give two flying tosses cause I mostly just like the matches for trying out new units etc that I may not have. I will say this season I purposfully joined the team I knew would lose every time just to manipulate the bonus and get maxmium points. Because it's much more feathers that way than being on the winning team at all. ((I'm part of the problem. :P)) though to e fair the first time was jsut a happy accident since I picked Linde for the extra point bonus ((like I usually do to get feathers from being higher rank.))

Celica is a MUCH PRETTIER  more adaptable red nuke than Tharja - and may be your better option if you don't have Eirika or Ephraim. Ragnarok only causes Celica five damage if she's casting a full powered hit at full HP. She's easier to protect than I imagined because of this.

I want. This unit. Will low key trade Tharja.

@Chase Her weapon doesn't synergize with Desperation unfortunately (meaning Renewal is going to be the common Skill B). Speaking of Renewal, what can I do with a +HP -Spd Boey, he's pretty much a Green Sophia with that growth so there's that. I could give Camilla Gronnowl+ with something like Wings of Mercy to make use of that passive.

I haven't used Celica much as of now, but what I can see so far is something I like. First off, I like her artwork, and seeing as I haven't been graced with many good spell casting units, that makes her all the better. I don't think I'm qualified to give out a long winded review of her, but if you have a healer and aren't dealing with Blue Units, you might have a spell casting wrecking ball.

Leo picked up a final hour x3 bonus too. HOORAY GRIMA AINT BESTING US BY A BILLION TONIGHT BOIS.

Gg, Scale Tippers. Best of luck with Tharja.

---

Boey eh?

He's kinda a better Robin statwise. Slower, but with more tank.

This makes him a pretty good anti-colorless mage. Give him Cecilia's Raven tomes, keep Earth Boost...

Boey will want to be able to utilize his bulk more. He can compensate for not EXACTLY being a knight by acquiring Triangle Adept for A. This also gives him power against Blues along with his advantage over Takumi, Kagero, common theives and bows, and Genny.

C? Pretty flexible. You can go with a Threaten Res to improve his matchup rate, Savage Blow to have Boey AoE nearby foes, or give him Breath of Life to fix up nearby allies ready to finish what Boey starts.

As an infantry, Boey likes rallies, and everyone likes reposition.

Bon. Fiyah. Is a great skill for Boey as he is bulky and will be mainly an EP unit.

So

Raven

Rally (Flex)/Repo

Bonfire

A-Triangle Adept

B-Earth Boost

C-(Flexible)

Seal-Attack^/HP^

Edit-Poison Dagger may still hurt. I think Boey may still be okay though.