FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

12 hours ago, Fabled Asian said:

I'm just glad I gave Nowi Swordbreaker over QR a while back, so not only does Ike lose the Triangle, but he also can't counter attack me with QR.

I also want to pause my Robin-F project for the time being and work on Nino, I've got a +ATK -DEF and +SPD -DEF but I don't know which would be a better Blade user.

Nino can't do her best If she can't go fast. Her bladetome will make most Ninos overkill when appropriately supported.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Chase The thing is I don't have a good A skill to give her. The site recommends Death Blow, but I don't have Klien and I don't want to sac my Effie or single Ursula. I do have access to Darting Blow however. Do you think you can help me think of a replacement for the time being?

Desperation is a MUST for units like Nino and Tharja that hit really fast and really hard. If running a Desperation set, you have two options for A.

- Fury

Fury makes Nino hit harder among other things while sapping 4 HP in exchange post-combat. This is a good thing for Despy attackers because that will safely get them in range to trigger Desperation. You can get this skill from some common pulls like Hinata and Bartre. 

- Life and Death

Want speed AND power? LnD gets you a lot of it in exchange for making Nino even more fragile. What's great about this skill is that Hana is a free unit that you can get easily through the dailies. This isn't a great partner for Desperation, but it patches up your power and you can always run Ardent Sac or Reciprocal Aid to compensate in your command skill slot.

---

I actually outfitted my Ryoma with a LnD set.

Raijinto

(no command yet)

Astra

A-Life and Death

B-Swordbreaker

C-Hone Speed

if Nino doesn't want Despy, a Green Tomebreaker from Henry (I think) could help.

I mean I have desperation ready from all my spare Shanna, LnD isn't that easy to access unless I 5* Zep or Hana, and idk how good fury would be on Nino since she doesn't need the tank and I already have ardent sac for Desperation plays.

You won't need to max out LnD if you are running Gronblade+stat boosting allies

Fury is pretty great because the extra res helps her laugh off Blue mages who will still cause damage - and then cause more when Nino pays up for engagement. Blues should easily get her in Despy range with Fury and you could then run a positioning skill over HP share. 

@Fabled Asian yeah I've actually never seen an enemy Tharja in all my arena runs. weird, right? Although I did see a lot of Sophia while she was a bonus unit, she actually threw me for a loop because I couldn't OHKO her with my low-hp tharja

Also I just lost a streak to this team's only weakness: two or more colorless attackers, this time with a dancer. tfw Kagero ORKOs your physical tank.......

edit: as chase said, I love love LOVE fury/desperation on my squishy fast attackers, so they can hit the Desper threshold without being hurt that badly. My Anna has Fury and with it I can survive any non-red, non-buffed mage, then KO on the next turn!

Edited by doombotmecha

• Support Squad

I gave fury to SChrom. He only loses 2 health when attacking in exchange for the buffs, which is p nice. Also helps him outspeed just a lil bit more.

i got my 20k feathers and dumped them into Xander because Corrin is getting really stale, here goes nothing. It probably should've gone to Eirika but I love making bad decisions.

Probably will have a team like this

Xander                               Nowi                                          Nino

Seigfreid                            Lightning Breath+                        Gronnblade+

Reposition                          Reposition/Rally ***                   Draw Back/Ardent Sac

Moonbow/Ignis                   Bonfire                                       Moonbow (surprise surprise)

Fury 3                               TA 3                                           LnD 2/Death Blow 3

QR2                                  Swordbreaker 2/OR 2 maybe        Desperation 3

Hone ATK 3                       Hone SPD 3                                   Hone ATK 3

and the last idk

Edited by Fabled Asian

2 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

i got my 20k feathers and dumped them into Xander because Corrin is getting really stale, here goes nothing. It probably should've gone to Eirika but I love making bad decisions.

might as well go Xander if you don't have Ike or Hector.

Let's theorybuild a different unit, eh?

Prince Alfonse of Askr.

"Highlights" here is a scrappy slugger who as a Lord resembles Chrom more than Marth. His A slot skill stock is Death Blow, which is really good, and at five stars he can wield Folkvangr, which is a blade worthy of being wielded by a Lord at 16 might.

The premise behind Alfonse is that the prince gets better as the battle rages on. Folkvangr is a 16 might sword with Defiant Attack 2 built into it. Defiant skills trigger when a unit is below 50 percent of their HP. Personal Weapon+Death Blow will make Alfonse a very strong swordsman - and his ability to take physical hits makes Folkvangr viable.

The biggest reason Alfonse may be the least popular of the Askrians (other than being a dude in a woman's world) is his poor speed. Doubling is not going to happen to compliment Alfonse' power often and he'll be worried about faster opponents breaking through his bulk with their ability to double him. His proc, Sol, is also not helpful to Folkvangr Alfonse builds because Sol's healing brings him over 50 percent HP. 

Let's go.

Folkvangr (5*)

Ardent Sacrifice/Aid (Florina/Donny)

Reprisal/Luna/Draconic Aura (several)

A - Death Blow (Alfonse)

B - Brash Assualt (Bartre)

C - Threaten Def (Peri)

Folkvangr

Reposition (Selena)

Reprisal/Luna/Draconic Aura

A - Fury (Bartre/Hinata)

B - Vantage (Lonqu)

C - Threaten Def

Folkvangr

Sac/Aid

Reprisal/Luna/Draconic Aura

A - Triangle Adept (Selena, Cordelia)

B - Sword-breaker (Abel, Sully)

C - Threaten Def

1st Set allows Alfonse to keep Death Blow and focus on initiating combat while still being able to trigger Folkvangr's effect and causing lots of pain.

2nd Set allows him to be good throughout all phases and run a positioning command. 

3rd Set allows Alfonse to be a dedicated green-Killer and handle other swords while still able to self trigger Folkvangr.

18 hours ago, doombotmecha said:

@Fabled Asian yeah I've actually never seen an enemy Tharja in all my arena runs. weird, right? Although I did see a lot of Sophia while she was a bonus unit, she actually threw me for a loop because I couldn't OHKO her with my low-hp tharja

I believe Tharja is the most balanced red mage there in the game currently also best body js.

I can see her filling the role of an anti-Takumi mage really easily with Rauorraven+, Darting Blow 3, Vantage 3, Threaten Res 3 and Moonbow. She also gets the added bonus of being able to take out Hectors, Ninos and Julias pretty easily.

But again, Reinhardt and Olwen would probably come with Dire Thunder and fuck her shit up so watch out.

57 minutes ago, 5hift said:

I believe Tharja is the most balanced red mage there in the game currently also best body js.

I can see her filling the role of an anti-Takumi mage really easily with Rauorraven+, Darting Blow 3, Vantage 3, Threaten Res 3 and Moonbow. She also gets the added bonus of being able to take out Hectors, Ninos and Julias pretty easily.

But again, Reinhardt and Olwen would probably come with Dire Thunder and fuck her shit up so watch out.

Tharja...I'll admit I don't dislike her character, but I really, really hate what they turned dark mages into. Anyways Tharja is probably the best Red mage, but I'd rather have and use Sanaki (yes, the loli in charge of one of FE's most powerful nations). If you use Tharja, she's pretty much red Nino.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways so the FE Heroes gave us a bit of news on tiers and how they work. I believe before Ranks were more or less went up as long as you hit above 50% of your tier, you move up a rank but depending on how high you score the higher you can go up three ranks. The Orbs are nice, but I'm like rank 11 I believe so likely I'll be earning 2 orbs for a while and very unlikely hit the high tiers. Still, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

8th and 9th Stratum are getting changed, but I'm not seeing anything on the War Vortex which we need really really badly. Anyways since I'm seeing some people say stuff on FE Heroes and what to improve I may as well add my things in:

1. Let Dancers earn exp through Dancing (there's a very, very good reason I stopped using Olivia and this is it)

2. Add in more f2p unit maps. The grand hero battles are good and all and those should be brutal, but that other random unit the comes weekly really should only come monthly. And hell, make a 3 and 4 star challenge of those so that we get a free 120 units instead of like uhh...20 in total. I'm still missing some very common units from the summon and would gladly take a 2 star over nothing. These things would make logging in a bit more interesting over just the training tower.

3. Make orbs cheaper, give more free orbs, or the one I really want: increase the focus summon to 6 percent on old units. Seriously, Hero Fest was a good idea, but I think the change should be permanent on old banners like Xander's and the voting gauntlet. As there's a 27% of getting a five star hero with the normal 6% (just a rough estimate) in a circle while a 35% chance with something like Hero fest. It's still very, very low, but it'd add up over time. I got 3 five stars in Hero fest but in Spring and SoV I got nothing. That's saying something.

4. Replace the badges in the training tower for feathers (or let us trade badges for feathers or something with Badges). There is 0 reason we should be getting this little amount of feathers. 0. "People won't want to roll for units." The best units are only 5 star and are way better than most units you can premote. Hell, the arena might be more fun as it'd let for a more variety of units so you wouldn't have to worry about wasting your monthly feathers (maybe even longer) on a trashy unit. I mean 20k feathers is the equivalence of 80 orbs at this point. Hell, you're more likely to roll a good five star before you premote somebody. Have I made my point? There are so many ways to fix this: shorten Arena tournament durations, training tower rewards, and give quests to earn 2k feathers daily. 2k daily is a good number with all the other stuff being icing on the cake.

5. You already admitted that you can't run the game without the 2 orb daily bonus so why don't you just make it official. We have gone like 1 week without it maybe some days in the mix. Just make it official instead of beating around the bush as you can't run the game without it. Hell, I wouldn't be here if they didn't bring it back.

6. Give us more difficult challenges with much, much higher rewards with prizes like 20 Orbs, 20k feathers, and a 5 star hero every month. This is probably the biggest change I want. There really should be a challenge where it will take a week or two to earn, but you'll get those amazing prizes and it should be something not everyone could get (like clearing the bloody 10th stratum with Armors. Still working on that btw). 5 star rewards should honestly be something not 5 star exclusive, but worth the effort such as one month is could be 5 star M!Robin, next month it could be Camilla, then Marth, then Roy, then Eirika, etc. Maybe even put one of the limited editions like S!Lucina in there after the session is over. The possibilities are limitless, but I'd honestly just want to be up for the challenge to keep me entertained for the month.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And one last thing: There's an exp thing going on, but imo I wouldn't really get that invested into it. More exp means less SP earned which down the line you'll notice hitting level 40 takes 2-3 hours, but you only have a quarter of the SP you need. The event is great for newbies but vets not so much.

I've decided to go for my last unit

Jeorge

+SPD/-ATK

Parthia

Filler

Moonbow

Death or Darting Blow 3

Vantage 3(?)

Hone SPD 3

approx the same win/loss as -HP/+DEF, but as a defender he is 12/10 vs 7/7 with the same set each. Ranged units that he doesn't kill usually are weakened to the point they will go down next round which is why I went Vantage 3. Hone Spd so I can keep Threaten Res on Nowi for Nino. Death Blow/Darting Blow to make up for his loss of ATK, still would be nice on a bow user though. As much as I like Gordin and his 35 Defense, he can't easily deal with Ninian without dieing in return, plus his value is pretty low. What do you guys think.

I actually don't think Dance4XP is needed due to how in Heroes, dancers are actually FANTASTIC units, whereas in their home games they have a tendency to be frail and unable to sustain combat relevance outside of their refreshing role.

Olivia - the free unit - is admittedly the worst example, but with Hone Attack in stock she just needs someone's Ruby Sword or Triangle Adept or something and she will have three roles. That's pretty great all things considered.

Azura is the physical embodiment of a nuclear bomb. Fates Waifu Is the bomb.

Ninian isn't dying. And can get Lightning Breath to attack from range. A dancing Nowi.

---

5. Make infantry healers slightly stronger Might-wise. Elise, Clarine, and Priscilla with Pain is like the best healer you can get - and only because of their ability to nurture training wheel units.

4. Daily Orbs please. Keep everyone pulling.

3. Finish the story so Veronica-sama can join Order of Heroes. (SHES MY FAVORITE.)

2. Make feathers story rewards on Lunatic difficulty alongside orbs on the first playthrough.

1. Add new Heroes regularly. Like. Not Lords and promotional ones (Looking at you Bunmilla and Alm.) Give is shitty units. Like Charlotte and Benny. Or every Christmas Knight ever. 

I wish we had something else to do with our badges, having 1k of each of them when I just need 20 just seems wasteful unless you're able to purchase feathers. I don't really want that but some might, I just don't like 'em sitting in my inventory waiting approx. a month to be useful.

• Support Squad

I guess they didn't expect people to get to the training stratum and play it so much when the idea of badges was put forward. They've shown they aren't shy about tweaking teh currencies though, as i was complaining about sp in February there were prolly plans for skill inherit to exist to make sp worth. Feathers are becoming more plentiful and orbs too with the new arena system. I'm sure they'll get there, my personal favourite idea would be having some sort of transaction of badges for skill points. 1 badge = 1 sp, 1 great badge = 5-10 sp, only usable with colour appropriate units.

mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm i realized that my friends list is rather barren at the moment and that there was a thread so ill be posting my id:
it's just pocky with a 5* sophia in the lead 

I spent last night speeding through the defense maps last night and got exactly the 20 orbs I need. Holy shit did my luck finally pay off. 2 3* Gaiuses :D

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170509-004542.thumb.png.869e6da17e590d242480be0dd5b002c4.png

But really I am so relieved. Sanaki is (+HP, -ATK) which is pretty bad because now she can't ORKO someone like Hector of all people with his abysmal Res, but that's OK, Red lords aren't that necessary and I wouldn't use her for Blue Tomes anyways. But the real prize is my new Julia (+Spd, -Def), screw Nino, Merric, and Robin, she's my new Green unit and someone to check Fae from creeping up on me.

bah, I'm still working my way through the Defense missions. Idk whether to try again for Leo, or just say "to heck with it" and go for a Tharja to +1 my current one.

There are exactly four things that I want: 

1. badges to reroll IVs.

2. either A) more daily 1/2-star maps or B/) a friend-point summon for 1-2-stars, with a larger pool

3. more 3-star base units!

4. more 4* full-tree SI fodder units!

edit: oh hey, has anyone messed around with the new arena maps yet?

Edited by doombotmecha

7 minutes ago, doombotmecha said:

edit: oh hey, has anyone messed around with the new arena maps yet?

I'll put it this way: it is much, much easier to score higher in the arena now for some odd reason. I don't know what they changed, but I got 4,321 as a score and max defense already from two people and it hasn't even been a day. (I got a year's worth of Duel Crests to deplete so I do it on the first day)

As for the maps themselves, they aren't all that exciting as it's more of just the same when it comes to the arena. Matches also felt way more balanced as I didn't have to deal with the BS 10 plus levels wings of Mercy Azura (but every match had her). The defense tiles are very, very helpful though, but you still gotta deal with fighting the same teams over and over again and the meta doubtfully is going to change. My favorite so far is the desert with a lake in the middle. It also seems like all the old maps are completely gone (thank the lord as I hated two of them in particular).

Spent Money. Didn't get a single banner unit. Cussed quite a bit. Got over it. Going on tilt with the Gacha stuff is WHY you try to free play this game.

Rather than getting a five star banner unit, I got a 5* Hawkeye, who I sacked, and ANOTHER. CORDELIA. Tom, why does your waifu keep bugging me man. Tell her to stop.

---

New pulls

Roy - I was quite happy with this. Triangle Adept 3 without having my banner appearance rate docked is a blessing. I also now have three cutscenes (Roy, Robin, Camilla.)

Fae - Renewal 3. Camilla or Effie will be happy.

Sheena - FINALLY.

Lon'qu - Vantage 3. Schweet.

---

SI shinanigans

Camilla now owns a Killer Axe+

Hinoka now has TA3 and Killer Lance+

Xander has Threaten Attack

Hector has Quick Riposte

Ryoma has Vantage