FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

Personally the way I see healers is they either have offensive stats, in which case they're going to want Wrathful Staff, they have defensive stats, in which case they're going to want Renewal (which is better than Live to Serve on account of the only healers that really want self healing being the bulky ones like Azama or Lissa, which means that Renewal provides enough healing, and it isn't conditional on other units being wounded as well), or they're either and they want Wings of Mercy.

Wrathful Staff is unlikely to be competing with a healing skill because those that can use one effectively can't really use the other as effectively.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's fair too. At the end of the day, just like a combat unit's stats, stats will ultimately determine if Wrathful Staff is popular. 

Its certainly exciting. Elise is one of the non focus units I want.

Mmm I'm more excited because Lucius will finally be viable. Honestly this is the skill he should have come with, seeing as he starts off life in FE7 as a glass cannon offensive mage, and only becomes a fantastic healer on top of that after promotion. Even then he's primarily an offensive unit. I understand why they did what they did, the first reason being his promoted attack animations using a staff to attack:

Image result for lucius fire emblem gif

And the second reason being they want to preserve light magic for the use of special snowflakes only. That is Linde, Deirdre, Julia, and Micaiah. So I at least anticipate Artur being put into Heroes as a healer as well. Still, even despite all of this, the least they could have done is acknowledge the fact that he is an offensive unit first, and a healer second, by giving him the ability to deal regular damage without requiring skill inheritance.

Super mini rant over.

In my opinion, Wrathful Staff is going to be big, mainly Serra, Lucius, and Elise as the leaders for this. Most likely, Elise will be the one who receives this. Elise boasting a +atk nature with +3 attack on passive a can reach some ridiculous numbers, and coupled with a bunch of Horse Emblem buffs, she can be super scary. It's also important to note that 32 speed is very respectable, and the fact that Elise is cavalry instead of infantry. While you could run Priscilla or Clarine instead, they don't boast the kind of stats these characters do.

You need to keep in mind that colorless has its advantage and disadvantage. Being a colorless nuker is big because you'll be indiscriminate to everything that lives because they cannot hold a disadvantage toward you, being colorless. However, you can be on the receiving end in the case of Raven users, as well as the fact that, even though you're going to become a magic damage nuker, you don't get the powers of advantage like other units would gain. Personally, I see that all raven users will become more meta due to the introduction of Wrathful Staff.

All in all, I want to say that you probably shouldn't see characters that use the skill as mainly healers, but more of a secondary role. So yes, it's definitely worth inheriting.

Edited by Pocky

Priscilla, while not as good as Elise, definitely still has offensive stats good enough to abuse cavalry buffs. Also I'd probably be running Speed +3 rather than Attack +3 on an Elise, to let her reach 48 Atk and 41 Spd with a Hone Cavalry buff, rather than 51 Atk and 38 Spd.

Elise and Priscilla are definitely the main beneficiaries of this skill though, through the power of Hone Cavalry. Comparatively +Spd Lucius with Speed +3 still only reaches 42 Atk and 36 Spd, while Serra makes it to 40 Atk and 37 Spd. 

Yeah yeah. I started with Fates. Elise helped me beat Chapter 10 of CQ after promoting her earlier - and she can burn flesh in her own right. I'm glad she still does in Heroes even with a gravity staff - and she's a great candidate for Wrathful Staff.

---

I have a feeling Celica will have multiple good sets. She should be able to challenge Tharja for best red infantry mage with a offense heavy set - and she might have her own angle going on with the Preistess stuff.

Mae should be good - as there is not a lot more of viable blue infantry mages and she comes with Despy stock. She wouldn't need a lot of investment.

Boey will come down to stats. I have faith he can outdo Merric, but he may be very similar to him.

Genny has good inheritance things. Heavenly Light is a great proc for healers and Physic isn't bad. I wonder if her Attack will be high to compliment WS. Gaiden healers tend to be dated and run silly stuff like Nosferatu too. It's with the ballpark of reason.

---

I was hoping for this to be Celica's banner.

- Celica

- Boey/Mae

- Saber

- Valbar

I think Heroes could use more Knights and I feel like Silque would have been a good pick over Clair for Alm's banner - and the apparently mandatory premise that all healers need to be represented.

Saber is one of the more distinct units in Celica's route - being the most popular of a TON of Mercenaries she has access to.

Valbar. Was on the cover of the original Gaiden. And Heroes needs more Knights and defensive thingamajigs.

im not mad if it means I can have Elise burninate all the villages. But still. Saber man. :(

---

Cmon 1st Round results.

Genny should have a very high Atk stat yes. Ever since Gaiden she's been the more offensive of the two healers in Valentia, with Silque being a more traditional support oriented entry. Looking at growths from the original material she shouldn't go higher than Elise/Lucius, but that doesn't mean she won't.

29 minutes ago, Chase said:

There should be more healers in Echoes. (I personally will be using Faye as a Cleric, because Faye picks up "Again" - which is presumably Dance/Sing)

Yes, Again is literally actually Dance. It does pretty much exactly the same thing.

Wrathful Staff... is probably as good as it gets in the B slot. Like I'm highly surprised it isn't A but it's good that it's not. The only issue is like.... so many skills in the A slot you just literally aren't allowed to use on Staff Users. ((a lot of B's you arent' either.)) It's kinda frustrating to some degree how much they limit them since that's a lot fo why they haven't been so great due to having a much more shallow selection of skills to use. ((I know a lot starting running Fortress Defense since they don't give a toss about their damage output.))

I think I saw somewhere someone say they require Close Counter and I... really don't agree. Close Counter isn't really that great imo on stuff that isn't Takumi. Takumi is basically made for the skill having decent enough Defense that it works. Most Staff users have really garbage defense so they will probably get oneshot especially the one's most likely to use Wrathful Staff.

Wrathful might be run in conjunction with Gravity. As it's 6 mt which is still okay but it has the added benefit of silly shenanigans with Draw Back/Reposition. You just run your healer that does damage forward to hit a melee unit, and then pull them back. ((I find magic characters can usually get away with lower attacks stats due to the fact that resistance seems to be overall a lot lower than defense.)) it doesn't really function as well on ranged units but it does basically let you kite the hell out of basically any melee unit in the game. ((provided they don't have distant counter but you still can kite them)) 

I dunno, Wrathful Staff period just gives healers more actual options. That's important imo. Cause they were Sorely lacking build options ((and imo still are.))

Overall I think it's good that Wrathful Staff is a B skill, because it removes the option of running both Wrathful Staff and Wings of Mercy/Renewal. This way you can't have a single healer that does everything you want a healer to do, and instead it encourages training multiple healers, each with a different specialty.

Ye. Someone told me it was C at first and I'm like "There's no way that'd be BROKEN as hell." Cause C is like... easily the lowest priority skill slot and is pretty much always flexible. It'd probably jsut be run on most healrs with remotely offensive spreads if that was the case.

But ye, I'm fine with it being that way since to skew more offensively you have to give up some of your better utility. It's a perfectly fair trade as a B skill. ((and really as was said there wasn't much they were running in B anyway other than Wings of mercy and maaaaybe some of the healing skills on occasion.)) But I'm glad it's B just so you caaaan use an A skill as well... shame that like.... half the A skills you can't use on Healers -_-

They can only use Stat+ Skills, Close Counter ((surprisingly given all the shit they aren't allowed to.)), Defiant Stat buffs, Fortress Defense ((since it's just a stat boost with a drawback.)) and that's really it.

They can't use any Blow Skills, Fury, TriAdept ((cause colourless obvi.)), can't use Life and Death, Heavy Blade even though it'd be awful on them anyway most likely... other than like maybe miracle shenanigans. DUnno It's weird just how much they can't use.

Yeah I'm not sure why they stopped them getting Blows, Fury, or Life and Death. Life and Death is particularly confusing seeing as they are allowed Fortress Def.

Well, I put in a last ditch 19 orb effort at Ike and got spooked by a couple of 4* Firs along with a 3* Hana and a 3* something else. I'm not too disappointed because I did manage to get Titania. I'm not sure whether I like Ike or Titania more honestly, they were the first two units I ever used in a Fire Emblem game, though for a number of reasons Titania was the priority pull. She's less likely than Ike to appear on a rate up banner in the future, more likely than Soren or Mist to be 5* exclusive (in my opinion), and very necessary for my team balance because before summoning her I didn't have a good green unit, while Stahl still keeps it real on the red front. So in the end I'm very content with picking up the better half of my goals for this banner. Ike's just a work in progress.

26 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Yeah I'm not sure why they stopped them getting Blows, Fury, or Life and Death. Life and Death is particularly confusing seeing as they are allowed Fortress Def.

Ye it's weird. Especially as without Wrathful Staff.... Life and Death is garbage on them. To be honest the Blow Skills are as well really. ((since only really Death/Darting are all that great.))

27 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Well, I put in a last ditch 19 orb effort at Ike and got spooked by a couple of 4* Firs along with a 3* Hana and a 3* something else. I'm not too disappointed because I did manage to get Titania. I'm not sure whether I like Ike or Titania more honestly, they were the first two units I ever used in a Fire Emblem game, though for a number of reasons Titania was the priority pull. She's less likely than Ike to appear on a rate up banner in the future, more likely than Soren or Mist to be 5* exclusive (in my opinion), and very necessary for my team balance because before summoning her I didn't have a good green unit, while Stahl still keeps it real on the red front. So in the end I'm very content with picking up the better half of my goals for this banner. Ike's just a work in progress.

Ye, the main thing with ike is the guy is pretty much usable out of the box. His starting skills are solid and Ragnell is yet another Distant Counter sig weapon ((for some reason...)) Heavy Blade is silly good as well. Like siiiiiiiiiiiilly good. Swordbreaker is his only questionable skill really. It's not bad though, it's just personally I'd prefer QR since it does similar things it jsut extends to all units rather than solely Swords. In the long run Ryoma has better stats but he takes a shitload more investment. ((cause while his starting kit isn't awful it's certainly nothing crazy either.)) Really though... Reds are flippin' everywhere. Like eeeeeeeeeeverywhere. ANd ye, I'm sure Ike will be on a banner at some point again.

Titania is great as a blue mage counter though. ((like her statline reminds me of Anna just she's on a horse lol.)) with Emerald Axe she probably takes like pretty much nothing from them. I'd have actually liked to have pulled her for my WIP Horse Emblem team. She offers a lot more than Gunter as a Green axe unit and is Res Tanky rather than physically tanky. ((I thing Cander will cover well enough once I get him sorted.))

She's freakin' fantastic on a cavalry team, take it from me. I got a weird one though, but once you get past the fact that it's not your typical Titania you learn to love it. +Def -Res, which along with HP +3 and Fury 3 gives her a stat line of 40 HP, 43 Atk, 37 Spd, 32 Def, and 29 Res, so no real weaknesses to speak of. With an Emerald Axe she tanks both lances and blue magic at the same time.

41 minutes ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

Ragnell is yet another Distant Counter sig weapon ((for some reason...))

What do you mean for some reason? They don't give Distant Counter to weapons that don't deserve it, you do know Ragnell is 1-2 range right? Raijinto and Siegfried are also 1-2 range and surprise surprise they both give Distant Counter too. The odd one out isn't Ragnell, it's Roy's Sword of Seals, which is 1-2 range but doesn't give Distant Counter. Poor Roy. I'd probably also disagree with your statement that Ryoma is better than Ike, up until the point at which you have Ryoma skill inherit Heavy Blade. But that would involve sacrificing an Ike, which not many people would be willing to do. I think any difference in their stats is more than made up for by Ike's Heavy Blade.

• Support Squad

I wonder how they'll keep long time players interested. We've all got to have acquired enough units now that a new one is a rare enough event in and of itself, voting gauntlets are top tier meh events imo that barely register in comparison to new banners or GHBs. Maybe if they took some of the three stars off rotation a little so we're not always seeing the same faces. Idk.

Did not know Ragnell was 1-2. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's super gross. ((lol, I'm more okay with it though in that case.))

Ryoma speed is like waaaaaay better though so he makes up for not having Heavy Blade. ((while still having basically the same attack.)). Essentially... he really doesn't need yeah blade to be just as good but He gets doubled less on virtue of having 4 more base speed. ((neutrally.)) Like it's is stuuuuuuuuuupid. Ryoma is I'd say is more customizatiable as well. You don't have to run Heavy Blade and can run some other things.

Really though if you have either... they are both far and away the best sword units cause Distant Counter on your weapon is duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb. Xander is just as silly though enjoys having Horsey support ((but is probably super usable regardless.))

Honestly I'd rather be running with Titania since I'd prefer a Green Horse unit to go in the team. ((currently running Ursula and Gunter but GUnter is literally just for the buff he does nothing else LOL.)) and having a Green to properly take on Blues that threaten Xander ((msotly res damagers)) Would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeell.

6 minutes ago, President Felix said:

I wonder how they'll keep long time players interested. We've all got to have acquired enough units now that a new one is a rare enough event in and of itself, voting gauntlets are top tier meh events imo that barely register in comparison to new banners or GHBs. Maybe if they took some of the three stars off rotation a little so we're not always seeing the same faces. Idk.

The problem isn't 3*s in my opinion, it's 4*s. Specifically the problem is that no new heroes end up in the 3* pool. With the number of characters Fire Emblem has it's going to become VERY difficult to get a specific character outside of a focus before the game is done. Games like Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, which didn't have any characters in the game at release, won't have a single 3* representative. They don't need to take some of the 3*s out, they need to be adding more 3*s in. And once the pool reaches a certain size of total characters, split it into two pools running separate banners to again avoid the end result where you have a 30-odd% chance of getting one of 300 different 4* units.

• Support Squad

Notice I said rotation, I know removing them will make the pool even stricter for what you get. I'm suggesting that they take some of the three stars and swap them for another set of units to keep things fresh and new between banners. There's no good reason to have units like Est or Cecilia or Azama in every single banner ever.

Ideally, sure, some healers don't get hit. Other times, if you really need to panic a unit's buffs into banes, or got that tanky pain build going on, l2s works really well. The ai definitely loves to target healers, and when I was giving Clarine a shot, she was definitely not so happy without it.

And idk about you, but dancers and healers are pretty much my priority targets if I can get away with it.

And gravity is kinda niche, best used on cavalry so they can't go around your tank and smack your defender directly. Or rarely if you have a wounded unit that would ordinarily be in the cav's range but your healer can't reach.

1 hour ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

Ryoma speed is like waaaaaay better

idk, Ryoma has 4 speed on Ike (not quite enough to double him), while Ike has 4 def on ryoma. Ryoma does have 3 res on Ike. But Ike comfortably swordbreaks all them common sword lords, including ryoma, against whom the higher def is nicer.

Defiant attack is nice on Ryoma, since it does play on his using distant counter and hone speed is always good. Astra is good on ryoma but that's if it gets activated. Meanwhile Aether heavy blade combo will almost definitely activate and help keep Ike alive longer without having to devote a healer to him (though clearly not always. Linde and Rein will still probably eat them alive anyhow). Or keep the healer and rely on Luna instead for constant tank breaking.

That being said, I do have 2 spare Ikes, so I could give one of my Ryomas heavy blade... or give Ike Astra (I've got 3*s lonqu's waiting to be promoted to Vantage fodder anyhow). Either way, spamming Astra would be pretty sick...

Congrats Leo, you made it to round 2!

Time to get stomped by filthy Smash fanboys.

---

My priority target is usually units that check my team individually. Then it's whoever the biggest threat is. Dancers end up dancing someone too close to my team collectively on most maps and healers are only a big deal on maps the ai plays them smart (GHB).

Wrathful Staff shouldn't change how you play your healer. It should make them more serviceable at dealing damage to clear a mob if necessary and effectively replace a slot on your team in offense enough to be considered. I would say a unit that is as strong as Leo or Spring!Camilla and one that can non sacrificial heal hypothetically does this.

---

That false hope when you actually see it flip Leo's way.

There'a hope.

5 hours ago, Chase said:

Congrats Leo, you made it to round 2!

Time to get stomped by filthy Smash fanboys.

To be fair, Henry was tied with him for the most part and he's only a side character you get mid-game. Robin is pretty much the protagonist of Awakening, so even without Smash, his chances were fairly high.

Needless to say, I sided with her just because I assumed I'd get the 500 feathers for the army victory. Seeing as how the last voting gauntlet went, I'd be surprised if she lost. (I already spent most of my flags on getting a high rank in Henry's army, which was totally worth it.)

Julia's in Merric's situation right now, but she could possibly pass Tharja, but not likely. 100 mil really isn't that much, but it's gonna be the problem of passing her. Still I'm surprised how close it is.

Also @Hukuna the Undying Ike is the second most broken character in the series right behind Ryoma. Only thing that separates the two is Ryoma's insane Crit rate (I think it's believed he has a hidden 30% rate) and vantage.

I have to say the formula does its job of keeping matches exciting while truly representing the player bases.

Robin surged to the presumed point of no return and is leading Leo by 200 million points or less. Still considered a race - but far enough for the Scale Tippers to breathe a bit. It happened to Henry.

Its a cruel spot though. If players keep playing to pull for the upset then you may not fall to the 3x assist range and it's ultimately a losing effort. False hope.

However, it keeps the premise of popularity being important. And that needs to be there to accurately gauge who SHOULD be winning.