FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At long, long last, I've been able to get my revenge on Narcian! That only leaves one more Grand Hero I wasn't able to get on my first time!

Also SP grinding kind of sucks for a five star hero.

• Support Squad

narcian is nice for if i ever wanna give someone emerald axe and idk lancebreaker Anti-blue is nice (even if most of the prominent blues are dargons n mages it seems.)

Yeah, Narcian is easy this time around. Again, I took it easy by sending in Hector with Rehab support. Send him in, then pull him back and let them come to you or else they DO overwhelm him.

Also, I can't stop looking at that lucina. cuz it's funny. yeah. Somewhere, there's an angry Kagero

Maybe it means the real Charlotte isn't too far off.

She's pretty high in the popularity rankings of Fates characters we don't have yet. Beaten by Anna, Selkie, Soleil, and Kaze. And we kind of have Anna.

Ceada. Marth's woman? Yep. Bride!Ceada is pretty good for this banner.

Charlotte. (I hope this means she is canonically marrying Xander. Best Xander backpack.)

Cordelia. I don't know who she's getting hitched. BUT I KNOW IT AIN'T CHROM.

Lyn??? I mean. Her quote in the trailer was funny. Also. She's a healer. Lol.

2 hours ago, Chase said:

Ye didn't see it coming either. As a note though Her staff causes enemies to not be able to counter attack from the turn apparently, and her B skill also makes it so she can't be countered. ((so she can more or less apply that debuff for free.))

Also do keep in Mind Spring Xander came out quite awhile before his regular version, so I imagine Charlotte will eventually come out in her fighter form as well. Besides more axes are definitely going to happen at some point.

2 hours ago, Chase said:

Charlotte. (I hope this means she is canonically marrying Xander. Best Xander backpack.)

Cordelia. I don't know who she's getting hitched. BUT I KNOW IT AIN'T CHROM.

Charlotte, Cordelia, and Lyn will never have canon pairings. I don't think they've ever done canon pairings since Jugdral.

I'm going to argue for Echoes being the last game with canon pairings... - and yes, I understand it's a Gaiden remake, but there is at least one Echoes exclusive character who marries in their ending epilogue text.

That person has impeccable taste too.

Also, aren't Pent and Louise post-Jugdral? I could be wrong.

Spoiler

GO PLAY ECHOES I HATE BEING LITERALLY THE ONLY ONE TALKING ABOUT IT

22 minutes ago, Chase said:

Hide contents

I'm too broke to pick it up. So do it for me and I might~ :P ((really don't but it's going to be a LONG while until I can pick it up myself personally so...))

and even if there's endings like that that aren't always considered canon. Pent and Louise are a thing before the game ever plays out so I don't thin that one counts. ((like he automatically starts with an A rank with her cause they are married before the events of the game... so it's a bit different.)) I think the only one I can remember bieng consdiered slightly canon ((from what I've heard don't quote me on this.)) is Eliwood/Ninian in Blazing Blade ((as it like adds a decently major scene to the ending and it's apparntly alluded to in Binding Blade.)) however the latter is only something people have told me and as I've not played Binding Blade I cannot speak to it's accuracy.

Either way I was planning on not rollin' the most recent banner but of course they put Lyn on it and now I am much conflict. AHHHHHHH. ((worse... I kinda like staff users myself. But that's probably cause of Genny making my opinion go up by a lot. I kinda dig having the healing utility. Though I tend to run Physic since I like the extra range since it makes positioning with my dancers easier.))

17 hours ago, Chase said:

I'm going to argue for Echoes being the last game with canon pairings... - and yes, I understand it's a Gaiden remake, but there is at least one Echoes exclusive character who marries in their ending epilogue text.

That person has impeccable taste too.

Also, aren't Pent and Louise post-Jugdral? I could be wrong.

Reveal hidden contents

Ah that's a fair call, I'd forgotten about Pent and Louise. Yeah I lumped FE's 11, 12, and 15 in with 1, 2, and 3 though.

Also I wish but I can't, for starters I don't have the game (though that's not a big deal, I could go and buy it at any time), also my sister's boyfriend is borrowing my 3DS at the moment and he lives over the other side of the state from me while I'm at uni, and also also I'm at uni. Right now I'm trying to churn out assignments and I don't really have a lot of time. After this I have four weeks of professional experience and I'm going to be more busy then than I am now, and then I get a week off before I start it all over again. So you're looking at about 6-7 weeks before the earliest point at which I'll be in a position to discuss Echoes.

16 hours ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

I think the only one I can remember bieng consdiered slightly canon ((from what I've heard don't quote me on this.)) is Eliwood/Ninian in Blazing Blade ((as it like adds a decently major scene to the ending and it's apparntly alluded to in Binding Blade.)) however the latter is only something people have told me and as I've not played Binding Blade I cannot speak to it's accuracy.

Eliwood and Ninian isn't really canon. Eliwood can marry Ninian, Lyndis, or Fiora and all three add a scene to the ending where they're talking to the tactician about getting married. There isn't really any canon pairing for Eliwood, though many people will tell you it's Ninian. Particularly astute critics of the Ninan pairing will point out how if Eliwood married Ninian then Roy would be half manakete, just like Sophia, but while Sophia doesn't appear to age at all during the time between Blazing Blade and Binding Blade, Roy very visibly does.

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

Eliwood and Ninian isn't really canon. Eliwood can marry Ninian, Lyndis, or Fiora and all three add a scene to the ending where they're talking to the tactician about getting married. There isn't really any canon pairing for Eliwood, though many people will tell you it's Ninian. Particularly astute critics of the Ninan pairing will point out how if Eliwood married Ninian then Roy would be half manakete, just like Sophia, but while Sophia doesn't age appear to age at all during the time between Blazing Blade and Binding Blade, Roy very visibly does.

Ye I've not played Binding Blade so I had no idea as to the accuracy I jsut know people mention it all the tiiiiiiime. So I igured they hinted at it or something if they were so sure. ((I planned to assess for myself once I got around to it but I've been slacking on my FE due to other stuffs so I've just not found the time to get around to Binding Blade.))

Also... I had a mite of trouble with the maps this time round for the Bridal thing in Lunatic. ((probably cause it was forcing me to use silly units lol.)) and due to the super prevalence of blue. As it turns out I have barely any good greens I have like the Anna I've worked on a shit load and that's honestly about it. And she's far from what I'd call "good." since she'd hardly complete. ((still needs Fury [Hukuna and the Endless Quest to make pretty much all his units angery] and to get her Sig Axe for being 5*))

I decided to toss some orbs into the new machine to see what would happen, and ended up with a Five Star Sheena and a Five Star Wedding Lyn. I'm not going to complain, maybe this will be the healer that can actually be used competitively in the Arena.

@Combat

Yo, has anyone noticed how awesome Bridal Lyn is? Her B skill prevents people from counterattacking her whenever she attacks. Her weapon skill seals that unit from being able to counterattack for the rest of the turn. Meaning you can attack that unit with anyone else and not worry about getting smacked in return. She is a glass cannon's best friend.

Tag, you're it. No tag backs.

It might need to testing just to be sure, but this hard counters anyone who can counter at any range, quick reposters, and vantage abusers. Ryoma, Ike, Takumi, Hector armads, Subaki, skill inheritors...

She is so meta, it's amazing.

For ex, Even with their advantages, Kagero and Cecilia would still take a good chuck of damage from a Takumi counterattack due to their low defense, even if they end up ORKO'ing him. Or tiki will be able to better take on Falchion users.

Her attack IS abysmal, but you could augment with Darting or Death Blow, and it's easy to see why Seal spd (or atk/def) would work really well on her so that the follow up attacker is ensured the KO.

Oh, I just read that staff wielders can't learn the seal skills. Or the Blows. Sad. Hone stills will have to do, seeing as your follow up unit will likely be attacking from the front, since she's super squishy. Think about maybe using a unit with obstruct so cavs can't get at her.

Even if the enemy survives and smacks your meatshield upside the head, she's got rehabilitate.

3 hours ago, Chase said:

So.

Bride!Cordelia - if you pull her - is a very good pull and outclasses 4xSetsuna and Tacomeme as an Archer with skill inheritance.

How so?

She has marginally better ATK but you want +SPD for both of these I'd say they're pretty evenly matched.

If anything, Bride!Cordelia's lower defense makes her even more prone to getting killed by literally any non-mage/healer in the game especially if you plan on running Life and Death 3. But that's still the same exact problem Quadsuna has anyways.

The only benefits I see to getting Bride!Cordelia are:

A. She's Cordelia

B. She already is 5* so don't need to drop a ton feathers to promote a Setsuna from 3* or 4*

C. She's fucking Cordelia.

Edited by 5hift

50 minutes ago, 5hift said:

How so?

She has marginally better ATK but you want +SPD for both of these I'd say they're pretty evenly matched.

If anything, Bride!Cordelia's lower defense makes her even more prone to getting killed by literally any non-mage/healer in the game especially if you plan on running Life and Death 3. But that's still the same exact problem Quadsuna has anyways.

The only benefits I see to getting Bride!Cordelia are:

A. She's Cordelia

B. She already is 5* so don't need to drop a ton feathers to promote a Setsuna from 3* or 4*

C. She's fucking Cordelia.

Yeah but, SI for units that start out at 5* is ass.

I want the SP boost to come back soon... and often.

Running the same set as Quadsuna, B!Cordy wins more matchups - presumably because she can hit harder. As an archer - she's not to be taking attacks at range often if you can help it.

Grinding the top of the training tower is indeed tedium - but possible. I'm just happy bonus orbs are back.

Charlotte is a decent pull - she's a glassier/more aggressive Sharena.

Ceada is a good blue mage, trailing behind Rein, Linde/Mae. She's more of a Res wall than a speed demon.

Lyn is pretty niche, but she's workable and her staff skill makes healers even more interesting.

Decided to do another pull today and got a five star Young Tiki with -HP but +Atk. I think that might be fairly decent as a glass canon. I'm not a fan of having children in war games, but I'll take what I can get.