FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

1 hour ago, Fabled Asian said:

@Maelstrom but really though it would be nice to have more reason to have a variety of friends besides greeting and Voting arena. Like using friend units to clear maps, view builds, or even if there is a sliver of a chance, trading.

By the by, who is the next GHB after Xander?

Yeah... having more than 5 friends nets you a whopping extra 5 feathers a day. So that's more than half a month to save up so you can raise a 2* into a 3*. YAY! the incentive is just so attractive, right?

On a serious note, you're right. In other games, like FFBE, whoever you set as leader can be used once every 3 hours in addition to your normal members of a team to defeat a map or challenge.

"GANTZ"'s Noctis is basically the reason I was able to obtain and max out the Arianna Grande character, even though I had only started playing the game right at the beginning of the event.

In MKX, after a match goes on long enough, you can summon a friend's leader character to do their highest damaging attack once per match. They used to do their full, real damage, but that shit got nerfed after a while. But at the same time, whether you used them or not in the battle, choosing an ally each battle gave you points that you could accumulate and turn in for a single card that could turn out to be another low tier character, an equipable item, or free attack upgrade or level up... gah, it definitely has its rewards to have friends and use them. Hell, if you used an ally, they got 100 points. If an ally used your champ, you got 50.

With FE... You get close to nothing for having or adding friends. Hell, in FFBE you could send you friend small little bits of stuff for free, and it would be stuff your friend set themselves to receive. It would be nice if for every day you were one, you could have an active individual friend send you some feathers, or shards, or crystals, or an orb (or even pieces to collect to make whole orbs). Seriously, they added in this feature and never utilized it except for really bad randomizing schemes.

that being said... Enjoy my Kagero, reprobates. She's been set as my lead unit for a while now. Handled with care, she puts in WORK. Your dragon has falchion problems? Kagero has an answer for that. Your armored units don't like that mage character? Kagero has an answer for that. You don't like that ninja/assassin debuffing you hardcore? Kagero has an answer for that. YOU'RE WELCOME. She's only my favorite and best draw ever since the beginning of the game.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

that being said... Enjoy my Kagero, reprobates. 

Call us reprobates, eh?

Maybe I'll just leave a level 1 2* Virion as my leader.

See how ya like that!

8 minutes ago, 5hift said:

Call us reprobates, eh?

Maybe I'll just leave a level 1 2* Virion as my leader.

See how ya like that!

Considering there are nearly 50 people on my friends list, and not 50 exactly because I got rid of some randos who were like, tier 3 and shit...

The odds are good I wouldn't get your unit. The odds are also extremely good Kagero would kill everyone in a mage competition by herself without the need for another unit. gg.

Kagero has solo'd so many times already, it isn't even funny.

Upcoming Celica Banner.

Units: Celica(duh), Boey, Mae, Genny

Celica is a Red Magic user in this game (it's kinda funny seeing her lugging tomes around.)

Ragnarok (M:14) is her new tome. If she attacks with 100% HP her Attack and speed are boosted by 5. Gaiden magic is also parodied here, as Ragnarok will also cost 5 HP each cast.

Blazing Light is her combat proc. AoE - huge cool down. Not all that cool.

Distant Def is a new A skill. If she's attacked by Bows, Daggers, or Magic she will get plus 6 Def and Res.

Spur Def.

Boey is a green tome user and his kit. Is HELLA defensive. This is true to Boey in Gaiden and his title in Heroes is "Skillful Survivor.

Gronnowl (M:10) is the green variant of a new tome series. Essentially, you get stat boosts by number of adjacent allies times two. Good for defensive formations.

Ignis. Could work really well for Boey.

Earth Boost is a new passive. If a unit has 3 or more HP than opponent their defense is boosted by six. Boey is already tanky in nature so this is also good for him.

Renewal. Because HE WILL SURVIVE~

Mae is a blue tome user and is offensive in comparison to Boey - both in Gaiden and Heroes. She seems to be an alternative to Linde

Blarowl (M:10) is the blue variant of the adjacent allies stat boost tome. It may not work as well for Mae as it does Boey because it forces a partner at least to follow her around.

Draw Back as a command is great for Mae. Hit. Get the heck out. This makes her a pain in the ass for Knights or units that may need to stand on a tile the whole time.

Desperation!  Can't spell meta without Mae! Good for her and good for all who need Despy fodder.

Blue Tome Experience. Meh.

Genny is the most interesting healer that will be available. Ever.

Gravity (M:6) - Freeze!

Physic - Heal from range.

Heavenly Light (AoE Heal)

WRATHFUL. STAFF. is a passive for healers that reads "damage from units staff will be calculated SAME AS OTHER WEAPONS." This makes Genny a decent infantry healer. And will be a highly sought after inheritance fodder. Healers just got scary.

@Sheep @Chase Hell yeah and just when we were talking about +ATK Lucius, New Meta

and depending on how good Cecelia is I'm going to wager Renewal/Sol be part of her kit, that or full glass cannon to make sure she OHKO's (or both).

-Owl books are inheritable but idk if they're better than -Blade tomes

Edited by Fabled Asian

30 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

@Sheep @Chase Hell yeah and just when we were talking about +ATK Lucius, New Meta

and depending on how good Cecelia is I'm going to wager Renewal/Sol be part of her kit, that or full glass cannon to make sure she OHKO's (or both).

-Owl books are inheritable but idk if they're better than -Blade tomes

I can see Celica running Renewal and Ragnarok - the only problem that poses is that is that Renew is a B skill - so no Vantage/QR/Desperation/-breaker for her. Sol is just an iffy proc skill and running it means she can't Moonbow off of her Full Ragnarok effect.

Just give me Elise, Genny, and a staff with decent might. #HorseEmblem.

For defensive mages, like Boey should be, Owl tomes are considerable. Nukes like Linde and Julia may want the movement freedom and thus blades are better for them.

---

I joined Leo, because I thought it would be a good round one matchup with Henry and I joined him last time in the Prince(ss) Gauntlet.

It'a a good one. Leo was one of the most popular characters in Fates in Japan. And Henry has a likeable personality and is from Awakening.

Title and Band name is appropriate.

• Support Squad

ok so my three mage girls have 3 different roles.

Linde is a straight nuke, no espcially finicky thing with her. If i just want uncomplicated damage with fringe healing, she's my go to.

Tharja is better nino. With a lil prep she will do above and beyond the damage i need. She just isnt the best with the blue meta.

Julia, after a lot of work, is gonna have gronraven+ after sacrificing cecilia on the alter of SI (deserved it really) and Tadept so she'll decimate the blue meta and takumi/kagero. She gets the most utility but she'll be useless vs reds obvs so she'll need some to cover that base, like Linde.

Is your Nowi the freakin' insane Bonfire Triangle Adept Swordbreaker one? If so then yes I've been using it and Ikaru's Eirika interchangeably and it has been cleaning house.

6 hours ago, Chase said:

I joined Leo, because I thought it would be a good round one matchup with Henry and I joined him last time in the Prince(ss) Gauntlet.

It'a a good one. Leo was one of the most popular characters in Fates in Japan. And Henry has a likeable personality and is from Awakening.

I think the only reason this is close (much like the Julia/Sanaki one and the Robin/Merric one is because of the nonsensical new 3x score for losing mechanic. Otherwise Leo would be wiping the floor with Henry, Robin would be wiping the floor with Merric, and Julia would be winning solidly against Sanaki.

@Sheep That'd be my Falchion Slayer, I'm glad to hear that she's been helpful and that -ATK +Speed isn't that big of a deal. I ran into a goddam TA Robin with my Jeorge, your Kagero, and random Takumi, your Kagero saved me from losing that match since she was the only one who can do damage.

Edited by Fabled Asian

Spoiler

UDPWOAQ.png

Huh... welp Guess we'll see how long that lasts. For reference I'm on team Linde. A.k.a the team i think people totally forgot about the x3 bonus apparently if I'm this bloody high up.

((spoilered tagged it the Image ended up being WAY bigger than I thought. Whoops))

I also have a feeling none of y'all are on the same team as me since I've not gotten any friendlist units. I've been getting double random units this whole time. ANd I know since I always get 2 prompts to add people at the end lol. Probably a good thing as that Oboro is still very much a WIP so... she might weigh y'all down a little if you did pull her.

If you're the only one, then I'll gladly switch to my Reinhardt for you

In fact, i'll do it right now, cheers
(I wanted to show off my finished palla anyway, so glad to help)

3 minutes ago, Chase said:

I've had help from Pocky's Palla this whole time, but my lead was Ike. I've been stuck with three sword units and lost some matches.

May switch to Hector or Azura.

Ye Reds are overly common. I see full teams of reds nearly every single battle. ((and I have pretty much every gauntlet.)) Why I've never really been capable of losing so far. and why I've basically gotten away jsut spamming my blues. This time... Linde is bonus points though XD so it works even better.

3 hours ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

I also have a feeling none of y'all are on the same team as me since I've not gotten any friendlist units. I've been getting double random units this whole time. ANd I know since I always get 2 prompts to add people at the end lol. Probably a good thing as that Oboro is still very much a WIP so... she might weigh y'all down a little if you did pull her.

Not sure where Pocky and Hunter are at, but there are a fair few of us on team Julia. I was torn between Julia and Sanaki because Jugdral and Tellius are my favourite parts of Fire Emblem, but overall Julia's useful in Genealogy, while Sanaki is dead weight in Radiant Dawn.

On 5/12/2017 at 6:58 AM, Sheep said:

Please Mael your Kagero's just trying to be as good as mine by stealing my build. :P

Not that I mind, I'm happy if other people think my builds are good.

Lel, the only thing I took from you was the Darting Blow.

I did come across a Kagero with fury, savage blow and quick reposte in faction battles today. I used that one to nuke two mages, since my own kagero has pull back and brought her back to safety. the third one was just too close to get her out of her range, the this third mage but got eaten by quick reposte. I definitely think this combo works really well for Kagero. Definitely some heavy sp investment though.

In other news, this new arena system does seem to give a lot more feathers. I'm gonna go up a tier and get 1400 feathers from rank in tier, gonna get 2500 feathers from 4200 offense score thanks to bonus scorer Ike, and then the measly 500 feathers from defense. that's a nice 4400 feathers coming my way, plus 3 orbs to boot. A much larger haul compared to previous weeks. This'll really help out with SI, even if SP grinding is still a huge issue.

surprised to see Linde and Tharja are pretty much even with each other so far. Well sort of. both have over 5 million points, but Tharja is leading by less than 200k.

I've cleaned up my friendslist for a bit. If anyone's interested in adding me: 0527063914. My leader is usually either Nino or Tacomeme.

Edited by Inactivity

2 hours ago, Chase said:

Image result for leo map sprite gif fire emblem fates I'm on the devil's own team. (Ironically.)

Likewise, I chose tomato boy because i thought linde was fine against tharja, and because i want to see him go to round 2, at least <:
(I hope my reinhardt is doing you well, though)

Rein's fantastic. (So was your Palla though.)

May set my lead to Xander soon.

Siegfried

Repo

Bonfire

Attack+3

QR

Threaten Def

Still a bit of work to go, but he's coming along.

Alright so since nobody chose Merric I doubt anyone is using any of my units. I'll probably be leading with Minerva if people want to add me to use (I'll be picking Julia or Sanaki ie whichever one wins). Robin vs Leo will be a good matchup if Merric vs Robin displayed anything. He was doomed from the beginning but hey 300 mil difference isn't that bad (but damn did it get close at points).

Anyways as for the newly revealed units:

Celica with Renewal will easily be one of the best mages if she has the right stats, but she wants to lure people to attack her, not go on the offensive. Definitely worth trying to go for her for the good setup alone. I can't really judge whether or not she'll be S-tier but yeah, I expect her to easily be really, really good.

Booey on paper looks good but +6 def on a mage isn't bad but...it's gonna grind down to stats for his tier. The problem isn't the idea, but the fact you rarely have all your units cluttered together to move (that also increases the chance of someone dying). If you're going to use Booey, I'd say Fury is going to be better on him. Defense is nice, but from using hector (with that 40 def) it's nice, but doesn't make you as invincible as you think (as Magic attacks are more threatening). Judging him from first glance, I'd say he has around 30 defense. He needs for to bulk attacks which his skill works, but doesn't at the same time.

Mae is gonna be more or less infantry Reinhardt. Death Blow, Desperation, Threaten Res will work very well for her. I really doubt she's going to be game breaking but another good blue make is always welcome. She's got stiff competition though when you think about it. Reinhardt and Robbin are the biggest due to being pretty common.

Then there's Fae Genny. While that staff skill is really, really good, the biggest issue with staff users is the B skill slot which is their most important being Live to Serve, Wings of Mercy, or even Renewal. Point is that healers pretty much want Live to Serve as their B skill since their priority is healing (as greys aren't really good damage dealers other than like 4). Now if you really want to know what healers are competing against, it is not against being offensive as they'll always lose (pain is still a great staff skill due to the 10 damage chip), but they are competing against dancers which due to how short maps are will always outclass healers. Live to serve rarely is ever useful and Wings of Mercy is the best staff skill, but hard to give so this skill is well worth inheriting, but due to it likely being as hard to get as close counter (which is required for offensive staff user), yeah...staffs rarely are going to get used.

I mean. The way I see it - the only thing that is really holding some healers back is the might of staves being so low. That might change with demand.

I don't find value in L2S in Heroes because I don't try to get my healers injured. That being said, they do make great bait if needed - but if a healer is hanging back they won't need to heal themselves. This is where a staff having two range matters.

If a healer isn't getting hurt - then the choice is between Wings of Mercy and Wrathful Staff. And then the next decision is to go dancer or healer.

Let's take Elise for example. At level 40, Elise can have up to 35 Attack and can keep Assault for a might 10 staff. She also can inherit WS from Genny or keep Live to Serve naturally - or get WoM from Frederick.

Lets assume we want Elise to go beserk (true to her tendencies as a strategist in Fates.) - so we go ahead and take WS. This means 45 Attack Elise (with Assault) has her damage calculated the same as mages around that tier.

+Attack Leo has 46 Attack with Brynhildr equipped (M:14, meaning that Elise is slightly better than her brother in natural strength!)

+Attack Lilina and +Attack Bunny Camilla are only slightly better then Elise.

Leo, Lilina, and S!Camilla can't heal without sacrifice and are weak to certain color units.(There is Wolfs, which cancel out as Elise and Leo have ponies, and in Big Sister's case - Bows.) Elise would only be afraid of Ravens and can heal without condition. That's pretty great if you ask me.

---

Elise, as a mounted unit, automatically beats out refresher units on Horse Emblem teams. 

In all around use - Ninian and Azura for sure are more reliable - but Olivia is only useful functionally for Dance and her Hone Attack. And being weak to Greens applies for the first two. Dance/Sing is pretty busted - but I don't see how Wrathful Staff Elise can't replace a Leo or S!Camilla.