SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

25 minutes ago, Luligod said:

sure. i couldnt put it here. so here is the link of it in dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgnlltl1vp7qm9n/Game.rxdata?dl=0

Mmm, it works for me... are you using the public release of E17? (Released 24/12/2017)

Also, since in E17 the shared box is #50 I've moved the contents of your shared box from box 35 to box 50.

Make a backup of your savegame FOLDER before continuing.

Delete the file SharedBox.rxdata, then please try if you can load the new game.rxdata.
(Please note that this will overwrite your actual shared box with the one in the savegame you sent me, so make sure not to accidentally lose the backup save folder until you'll have checked your mons)

Game.zip

Edited by Waynolt

• Global Mods

Would it be possible to add an item ban mod to this, to stop healing items being used from bag in trainer battles? (Player and Opponent) 

My friend is getting very frustrated with Terra's ultra potions...

On 31/12/2017 at 10:34 PM, DreamblitzX said:

My friend is getting very frustrated with Terra's ultra potions...

Why? Using items helps the player much more than it helps the enemies, if only because of how many more powerful items we can use...
A defensive mon with a few X-Defends can shrug off any Earthquake, and if you add in Toxic or 2 uses of Toxic Spikes then he can almost 1v6 Terra's team.

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, Waynolt said:

Why? Using items helps the player much more than it helps the enemies, if only because of how many more powerful items we can use...
A defensive mon with a few X-Defends can shrug off any Earthquake, and if you add in Toxic or 2 uses of Toxic Spikes then he can almost 1v6 Terra's team.

Some like to have a self-imposed restriction to not use items in battle, but in those situations it gets annoying when the enemy still does. Hardcore's item ban made things pretty interesting, as you couldn't just set up stat boosts and keep yourself alive with items at the beginning of the fight and then sweep, but if you were chipping down a bulky opponent, you didn't have them healing, but it also actually avoids some situations where the AI would pointlessly heal, and end up screwing themselves over. 

As for Terra in particular, the main annoyance was swagsire, getting +1 to both defences and no type weaknesses from the getgo, amnesia to wall special attackers, at the same time as making blizzard and scald hit like trucks, and Unaware to ignore any offensive or defensive boosts that were tried to set up against it.

22 minutes ago, Pale said:

can anyone tell me why i get this error when using the fullteamexpshare?

It means that one of your mons is "Nil" (aka doesn't exist).
I could add a check to prevent the error, but that might hide a deeper problem... please send me your savegame.

I have a problem. For some reason, the weather seems to be changing constantly in my game. 1 minute I have sunny weather, the next I have rainy weather. I know I can just change the weather whenever I want, but the weather doesn't stay for long and then the weather just starts to change randomly almost every time I enter a different area. I don't know what's causing this, but might anyone be able to help me?

3 hours ago, AsNKrysis said:

I have a problem. For some reason, the weather seems to be changing constantly in my game. 1 minute I have sunny weather, the next I have rainy weather. I know I can just change the weather whenever I want, but the weather doesn't stay for long and then the weather just starts to change randomly almost every time I enter a different area. I don't know what's causing this, but might anyone be able to help me?

It's the UnrealTime component: it separates the game time from the real time, so that you can have morning events even if you mostly play in the evening.

But since this means that time doesn't advance anymore while the game is not running, it also has a timescale of 1:30, which means that the weather will change every 16 minutes of real time instead of every 8 hours.

15 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

It's the UnrealTime component: it separates the game time from the real time, so that you can have morning events even if you mostly play in the evening.

But since this means that time doesn't advance anymore while the game is not running, it also has a timescale of 1:30, which means that the weather will change every 16 minutes of real time instead of every 8 hours.

Is there any way to change it or do I just have to live with it? Cause it kinda takes away from the immersion of the game. All I wanted was to have the power to change the weather at will, not have it consistently change on me.

5 minutes ago, AsNKrysis said:

Is there any way to change it or do I just have to live with it? Cause it kinda takes away from the immersion of the game. All I wanted was to have the power to change the weather at will, not have it consistently change on me.

If you do not want UnrealTime, just delete its file from the Mods folder.
(The one that lets you change the weather manually is SetWeather)

16 hours ago, Waynolt said:

It means that one of your mons is "Nil" (aka doesn't exist).
I could add a check to prevent the error, but that might hide a deeper problem... please send me your savegame.

it happens whenever my party is not full... with a full team no error pops up xD so it's not a big deal really

10 minutes ago, Pale said:

it happens whenever my party is not full... with a full team no error pops up xD so it's not a big deal really

That problem should never happen; it didn't happen with an half empty party when I added it to the mod, and it doesn't happen on my end now.
If that doesn't bother you that's fine, but please at least make a backup copy of your savegame, just in case that error is an early sign of savegame corruption.

Thank you for this lovely mod.  I messed up my weather, so this has been really helpful.  However, I am coming up with an issue that says items are banned?  I removed everything from the mods folder except the weather bit.  I am sorry if this question has been answered before.  I went through 3 or so pages to check but so far it doesn't seem anyone else has had this problem.  Thank you if you have any insight.  For now I am just using the backup script.

1 hour ago, RuinofDarkness said:

I went through 3 or so pages to check but so far it doesn't seem anyone else has had this problem.

You missed the very first post then XD

Mod components:
[...]

• "ItemsBan" forbids item usage in battle.

No, I saw that part !  Which is why I am confused.  I deleted all mods except the weather mod from the Mods folder, which is why I asked about this. I still had items banned even without that mod present. Am I not supposed to replace the script until after I delete the mods I don't want? xD Thanks for answering, btw.  I know I am probably missing something obvious...xDDD.

19 minutes ago, RuinofDarkness said:

No, I saw that part !  Which is why I am confused.  I deleted all mods except the weather mod from the Mods folder, which is why I asked about this. I still had items banned even without that mod present. Am I not supposed to replace the script until after I delete the mods I don't want? xD Thanks for answering, btw.  I know I am probably missing something obvious...xDDD.

Mmm... did you delete ItemsBan when you still had its functionality or simply moved/renamed it?
You see, the mod files are the ones with the alterations, so without them the mod ceases to exist; the script file loads everything in the Mods folder, even renamed files, thus you have to move the components out of the game folder if you do not want them.

Yes, how the script works I get... I read that part of your post ;).  I straight up deleted everything but the mod I wanted (which was the weather mod.).  I understand that the script should only be pulling from the mods folder.  The issue I had was items were still banned when I deleted that mod from the folder.  It wasn't just the items mod than persisted either, it was the others I deleted as well.  I loaded Reborn a few times before I ended up having to use the back-up script.

27 minutes ago, RuinofDarkness said:

Yes, how the script works I get... I read that part of your post ;).  I straight up deleted everything but the mod I wanted (which was the weather mod.).  I understand that the script should only be pulling from the mods folder.  The issue I had was items were still banned when I deleted that mod from the folder.  It wasn't just the items mod than persisted either, it was the others I deleted as well.  I loaded Reborn a few times before I ended up having to use the back-up script.

That's very strange... can you please try copying only the modded Scripts.rxdata (without the Mods folder) and check if items can be used in battle?
(An easy way to check is to enter battle, change mon so that the enemy gets a free turn, then trying to use a potion to heal that free damage)

If it works, please try creating the Mods folder inside Data and copying over only the file(s) that you want to use.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30.12.2017 at 6:11 PM, Waynolt said:

Nope; open a new thread in the Mod Market and upload it yourself. :P
(Anyway, I've modified ExpShareFullTeam so that it will use the option in your mod if it finds it - more precisely, if it finds that the function $PokemonSystem.expShareFormula exists)

I guess I'll do that once my time allows for it.

Also, thanks for accomodating my mod! That's rad. :)

By the way, in case you have the time for that: Maybe you could open a "Mod Framework" thread, highlighting that other people creating mods can easily make it modular like you did with yours, allowing for actual compatibility between different mods. Sure, mod creators would need to list what classes etc. were modified by their respective mods and users would have to check for compatibility based on those lists, but it would be vastly better than having no way of mixing and matching mods at all, as it is now.

Just suggesting that because your implementation is so darn elegant, I wish more people would use it, haha.

On 30.12.2017 at 6:11 PM, Waynolt said:

Ok, it will be in the Readme.

Thanks, it's very helpful! :)

On 1/11/2018 at 2:45 PM, Waynolt said:

That's very strange... can you please try copying only the modded Scripts.rxdata (without the Mods folder) and check if items can be used in battle?
(An easy way to check is to enter battle, change mon so that the enemy gets a free turn, then trying to use a potion to heal that free damage)

If it works, please try creating the Mods folder inside Data and copying over only the file(s) that you want to use.

Sorry for the late reply. I'll do that and let you know.  Thank you for the help.

Yes, without the mods folder I can use items as normal with your provided script.  I went ahead and added the mods folder after testing just the script and it seems to be working just fine now(Go figure, right? XD).  I am sorry for all the confusion.  It's weird that I'd have to install it so specifically, but hopefully my issue helps someone else too.  Thank you so much.  :)

12 hours ago, StarryDreamerKitten said:

Will this work with any other mod or is it a stand alone mod?

That's a quite complex problem.
You see, as Aironfaar pointed out the system in this mod could be used to mix-and-match your choice of mods, but that would only happen if other modders adopted it too.
As it is currently, adding the line

Dir["./Data/Mods/*.rb"].each {|file| load File.expand_path(file) }

to the Scripts.rxdata file included in another mod will allow it to load the components from mine; this would make it possible to mix the two to an extent, though incompatibility issues are still possible and hard to predict.