The New Pokémon

Amethyst

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NoGoodBoyo' post='4159' date='Sep 10 2010, 01:33 PM']At least 13 legendaries?

Argh.
Too
Many.[/quote]

What the fuck?

* #633 through #635 are a Dark/Dragon-type evolution chain
* #638 is a Steel/Fighting-type Legendary
* #639 is a Rock/Fighting-type Legendary
* #640 is a Grass/Fighting-type Legendary
* #641 is a Pure Flying-type Legendary
* #642 is an Electric/Flying-type Legendary
* Reshiram is to be #643
* Zekrom is to be #644
* #645 is a Ground/Flying-type Legendary
* #646 is a Dragon/Ice-type Legendary
* #647 is a Water/Fighting-type Event Legendary
* #648 is a Normal/Psychic-type Event Legendary
* #649 is a Bug/Steel-type Event Legendary

"There are 156 new Pokémon within this generation"

But with 13 of those legendaries it's around 143. I thought it was bad enough with the....15 from DPPt. Good lord they actually reduced the number of legendaries but its still too many! Only had 5 in the first generation....

I feel like they tried to make new kinds of legendaries like a Bug one and creating more Fighting ones. But.....they didn't make new typings, just made them Legendaries. Bug/Steel was done a long time ago with Scizor and Forretress. Normal/Psychic was Girafarig, Water/Fighting was Poliwrath, Electric/Flying was Zapados. And then I feel like there are too many Fighting legendaries. I mean there are 4. FOUR of the same type of legendary. At this rate, Legendary is going to lose all meaning.

"What is a Legendary Pokemon, children?" "A Pokemon that is extremely unique and more powerful than the average Pokemon and is also..." "WRONG! A Legendary simply means there is only one available to catch!" "But..." "NO! They do NOT have to be unique, they do NOT have to have a unique mythos, they do NOT have to have stronger stats, they do NOT have to be anything BUT rare"

[quote name='Orca' post='4157' date='Sep 9 2010, 11:37 PM']I like how the lizard evolves and loses its limbs (take that, creationists!).[/quote]
But isn't that kinda the opposite of how Evolution is supposed to work?

[quote name='AZKnight' post='4212' date='Sep 11 2010, 04:20 AM']#641 is a Pure Flying-type Legendary[/quote]
RAWK!

[quote name='Stars' post='4215' date='Sep 11 2010, 10:17 AM'][quote name='AZKnight' post='4212' date='Sep 11 2010, 02:20 AM']#641 is a [b]Pure Flying[/b]-type Legendary[/quote]
RAWK![/quote]
Ok, the first mono Flying type is pretty awesome. Let's hope they make it work.

And that could happen in evolution. Dolphins used to be on land then evolved and adapted by returning to the water. SCIENCE!

Legendary Poison might be next gen.......Nvm They need to stop making pokemon.they're running outta move names and Designs

Edit: [quote name='AmethystStorm' post='4158' date='Sep 10 2010, 12:23 AM']And you're kinda behind on the times. N8's not the only one. Look at the Trainer Card Database topic.[/quote]
Damn right......XD

[quote name='AmethystStorm' post='4158' date='Sep 10 2010, 12:23 AM']Vestigal structures in the skeletal system still, perhaps?

And you're kinda behind on the times. N8's not the only one. Look at the Trainer Card Database topic.[/quote]

how abot it lost it's limbs for psychic powers!

I'm only one away from them all~ then we battle Titania!!!

[img]http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/59.jpg[/img]

Thank god they didn't butcher the croc. This guy looks badass.

And not ALL of them are horrible. But too many are.

[img]http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/66.jpg[/img]

DERPFACE

[quote name='NoGoodBoyo' post='4556' date='Sep 16 2010, 02:23 PM'][url="http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml"]http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml[/url]

These all look horrible.

Seriously. Maggyo?

I wish for the days when we had Bidoof.[/quote]
I quite agree. Not on the fact Bidoof looked good, but more so on the fact that they're now over-exaggerating the pokemon. They don't even look cool anymore, except for the main legendaries in Black/White. It seems like they're just trying to squeeze out too much complicated body structure. Look at Pikachu. It was a yellow rat. That zapped people. Best pokemon ever. Where's the simplicity in all these new pokemon? There is none. NONE I SAY.

I see what you mean. I don't like at least half of 'em. But some of 'em...

I'm ALL over that sea turtle. The archeopteryx below it looks pretty sweet too. But right under that is a literal pile of WTF. While that terrier makes me lol.

Also, why do we need monkeys?

The zebra evolves into a badass. Did not see that one coming.

the centipede is probably the coolest bug type yet... except perhaps scyther. oh, and then there's that bug/knight thing. not bad either. Ho shit! that spider is pretty damn good too. wtf? normally I hate bug types cuz they're so terrible!!!

And the little dragon dinosaur evolves into... well, the pokemon version of Destroya, a foe of Godzilla's. and that dark steel type reminds me of jet jaguar too.

I'm liking the hydra dragon.

I also see a lot of parallels to the first gen and a bunch to other gens.

The cats- meowth and persian.
bats/ zubats
gigaiasu line- golem and co.
the moles- diglet and dugtrio
that log/girder/cement grabber- Machamp
The blue frog- poliwrath
Nageki/Dageki- hitmonchan and hitmonlee
Archaeopteryx pokemon- aerodactyl
The WTF blob- muk
Emo bitch- Mr. mime and jynx combined
mushroom thing- parasect
ghost jellyfish thing- tentacruel
chandelier ghost- gengar
ononokusu- dragonite
kojondo- reminds me of farfetch'd
bison pokemon- tauros with a fro
wargle/barujina- fearow
kuitaran and pink dream smoke/whatever thingy- hypno
sazando- salamence

638-634: just the traditional semilegendary trio

polar bear- ursaring
furijio- glalie
natorei (grass/steel ball)- foretress
denchura- ariados
deer one- stantler
rankurusu- rotom
zoroark- ninetails
Derpface- tyrogue/ralts
erufun- jumpluff
doreida- bellosom

a lot of those elemental looking cloud things that all remind me of castform

See? We're all bitching because we tend to be against what we first see. We'll grow used to these guys over time.

I still remember my OMGWTF face when I first saw Bidoof. I was thinking, "Is it retarded or something?"

[quote name='N8theGr8' post='4586' date='Sep 16 2010, 10:08 PM']See? We're all bitching because we tend to be against what we first see. We'll grow used to these guys over time.

I still remember my OMGWTF face when I first saw Bidoof. I was thinking, "Is it retarded or something?"[/quote]
No. I won't. I've never changed my mind about a Pokemon...and honestly, I didn't think Bidoof looked bad first time I saw it. I thought it was off, but it still looked like it should be a Pokemon to me. I really don't understand the huge hatred towards it, it reminds me of a Slowpoke.

And I will concede, not all the Pokemon look horrible. Grass starter is okay, the crocodile is cool. Like I said earlier, I like Emonga and Chilarmy. I really kind of like the dog's last evolution (and the dog in general) and the Zebra Unicorn. Kurumiru and it's evos? Pretty alright. And I love sea turtles, so the sea turtle is pretty cool.
But for the most part, all of them either look boring or just so god damn convoluted and ugly (and just so god damn bland, somehow) I just can't stand them. Like how somehow the gear got even stupider as it evolved. Or the extremely boring fighters.

And the legendaries? Argh. They all look dumb. Reshiram/Zekrom or whatever they're called, look the best, and I didn't even much care for them when I saw them. Those flying legendaries are just ugly, and that water fighting unicorn thing...just makes no sense. None of those weird fighting legendaries make sense to me. Meloia looks so out of place in Pokemon.

• Administrators
Meloia looks epic~

Meh, I'll just go through the list again

Victini- Cute. New type. Yay.
Jaroda (tsutarja evo)- Wins for the starter.
Enbuoo (pokabu starter)- Wins the GTFO award
Yooterii (puppy)- Cute. It's evo, less cute. second evo, what the hell is with that moustache? Seriously. Fail.
Choroneko (cat)- ADORABLE. WANT.
All the monkeys- Leave. Now. Why is the grass one elvis?
Munna- ....I want to use it as a pillow...
Mamepato- Starly mach 2. No thanks.
Zeburaiki (zebra evo)- Knight and I checked, Electivire is still a superior choice for motordrive. A noble effort though.
Dangoro (bo-omb rock)- Geodude. It's second evolution is superior to Golem is just about every way.
Kokoromi- Cool design except the nose. The nose ruins everything. Also, stats suck. I was pulling for it, but this earns the stamp of DO NOT WANT.
Dokkoro line (carrying log/beam/pillars)- Ew. So much Ew. As Knight said, demonic clown with muscle. 140 base attack + Encourage is going to hurt though.
Otamaru line (tadpole and frogs)- Fugly. I want Polis back.
Nageki/Dageki (robed fighters)- Dageki is highly superior. And they're also fugly.
Futsude line (centipede)- NO. GET IT OFF. I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. BEGONE. QFEFDBTESGTRH
Doreida (fruit basket dancer)- Princess Jasmine.
Basurao (green fish)- Why?
Meguroku line (croc)- Well done. Surprisingly similar to smogon's Colossoil, but not quite so overpowered. The stat layout is basically close though.
Hihidaruma- 140 base + Encourage... Again?
Zurugu line (derp)- Herp...? Get out. You're not cool enough to be a dark pokemon.
Shinpora (crazy psychic flier)- I'm a fan. Beats Xatu.
Desukan (sarcoughagus)- Excellent wall
Abagoora (sea turtle evo)- The pre-evo looked better...
Yabakuron line (sack of shit)- No. Literally. The garbage bag pokemon. Really, game freak? REALLY?
Chirachiino (chillarmy evo)- Adorable.
Gochimu line (loliloli)- ...cute, but not the finesse I was hoping for
Banipuchii line (snowblobs)- The snowcone pokemon?
Emonga- sucks. no one is surprised.
Morobareru (big mushroom)- Why is it pokeball designs?
Shibirudon (electric eel)- Pure Electric with levitate. We have our next no-weaknesses pokemon.
Shandareea (chandellier)- Wow, a ghost fire. And 145 SpA (highest in 5th gen). Want.
Tsubeaa (polar bear)- why is there a big tuft of fur over its crotch?
Magyoo (flat fish)- The whoopie cushion pokemon
Kojondo (purple thingy)- For a fighting type that looks so cool... Want.
Sazando (dark dragon)- First SpA heavy Pseudo legend... with a whopping 125. Underwhelming, but it looks cool.
Torunerouso (pure flying)-....Why are there three of them?
Meloia (gorgeous)- <3

All that said, there is kind of a fundamental problem competitionally with this generation.
The average speed for many pokemon is now somewhere around 98. The average physical attack is like 120. Special attack sits lower around 100... And the whole generation is very physical-heavy. I feel like there are going to be some balance issues. And the speed thing is going to... suck.

meloia reminds me more of a couple of characters out of the battle network and star force megaman games (serenade and lyra). It also reminds me of celebi (who I hate).

I also noticed the stat imbalances. wtf. and look at victini's base stats. 100 across the board.

[quote name='NoGoodBoyo' post='4610' date='Sep 17 2010, 11:04 AM']Meloia looks horribly out of place and looks like it belongs in Monster Rancher.

Seriously. It's just far too humanoid for it not to appear completely out of place. I can't think of another Pokemon that is even a similar style to it. It's just, ick.[/quote]
Jynx?

I think tonight I'll calculate the statistics of the new generation. I'm with Amethyst, it looks like things are going to be unbalanced for Attack and Speed compared to other generations.

[quote name='Orca' post='4615' date='Sep 17 2010, 05:41 PM']and look at victini's base stats. 100 across the board.[/quote]
That's not unusual in the least. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy and Shaymin all have 100 across the board. It's the trait of the Chibi Legendaries

So now my team of turtles goes up from 3 to 4- Blastoise, Torkoal, Torterra, Abagoora. Although Abagoora is like blastoise but with an added type and some slightly shifted stats. less speed and spec def, more def and attack. Awesome ability-solid rock, super effective damage is halved. Dream world ability of swift swim? Even doubled, the base speed is terrible. Sturdy is just terrible outright. It looks to have a pretty good move pool... but is noticeably missing head smash. =(

It will make a welcome addition to my team.

Ooh!!! Dream world abilities... give Blastoise Water Dish. Hellz yeah!
Torkoal- Shell armor. tis okay i guess.
Torterra- shell armor as well.

Dude, sharpedo gets speed boost. =D