Sun and Moon Tier Discussion [WARNING: SPOILERS]

Deleted User

I am little late like normal, but let's be real Aloalan Marowak has potential to beat most (if not all) the ultra beast due to his typing and ability.  Game freak's way to balance these monsters was limiting the move pool meaning a very low lack of coverage, they are easy to predict, and while the Ultras can run some sets to boost their stats toy unreal levels, they just don't have coverage to beat their checks which forces switches and thus lose of stat boosts. There is is just low coverage, you need to bank on getting K.Os to continue a sweep, that can skyrocket your stats. On paper they are ridiculous, but in practice they can be beat, pretty easily. Toxipexs tho.....

Also

The set I built is pretty troll, it might standard, I wouldn't know cause I haven't been watching competitive battling, just laddering on Smogon and fighting people in game with Alolan Marowak.

-Flare Blitz

-Earthquake

-Shadow bone

-Will-o-Wisp (Mainly for utility, but it allows you to take on bulk-up Buzzswole)

Like I said, late to the party here sorry if this feels like a spam post, but honestly I don't see the Ultra beast getting banned to ubers. All it takes is just one god tier mother to beat them, Lusamine take notes on this proud mom!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mere fact that they force every team to run dedicated counters for them is unhealthy for the metagame.

Marowak-A and Toxapex have such high usage right now because they serve as counterweight. 

Therefore the previously vast ORAS metagame will steadily become limited due to centralization.

Things like Pheromosa and Xurkitree break the metagame and I believe will be the first to go. Kartana might follow.

Nihilego, Buzzwole and Celesteela might as well stay in OU. 

There is also that Dark/Dragon mon nobody cares about, which will probably fall in BL or UU.

Just now, NickCrash said:

The mere fact that they force every team to run dedicated counters for them is unhealthy for the metagame.

True, this is the number one reason why things ban, but there are still some poekmon that can take on the beast. Dragonite it a good candidate, banded E-speed kills pheromosa at 100, the D-Dance set is also a good choice too. Priority is what can keep them in check because if they can't get a knockout, they pretty much die because of their paper defense. I am sure once bank comes out they will stay OU. Now it is still up for debate, but they can be beaten. Basically if you can hit it hard with priority, you can win.

16 hours ago, Caradius said:

You have a point, but  Comfey who has a better healing move which gains priority (+3) thanks to triage and aromatherapy which definitely helps with status moves would make it a better support mon. Granted ribombee is faster with some good stab offensive moves as well as the capability of having aromatherapy as well, it's bug typing gives it a slight disadvantage comparing it to comfey because of the additional weaknesses which are more apparent in the meta of rock sliding heat waving spammers. While Ribombee may have the advantage in its god tier `124 base speed' its more frail than Comfey comparing its 60/60/70  defences to 51/90/110 defences of Comfey.

Comfey also has access to Grassy Terrain which can help to remove the terrain brought by other Tapu's barring Bulu, but most importantly it can remove the annoying psychic terrain of Tapu Lele at will which could be valuable depending on the situation. 

Fun note - a stupid combo i came across while trying out BSdoubles was running into a comfey with an AV mudsdale..... that mudsdale did not die .... 

quite right about comfey, i will agree it is the more flexiable choice but ribombee still has a niche role it can fill, due to it being able to learn both light screen or reflect you can set up some defenses to cover yourself as you attempt to set up a quiver dance/support your tank mon via pollen puff. here is an example set you can run for it

Timid nature, 252 speed, 252 special attack, 4 defense. Moves : light screen/reflect, quiver dance, pollen puff, dazzling gleam. and for items you have a few options in bugium z or fairyum z or you can opt to run choice specs and swap out quiver dance and your screen move slot for energy ball and psychic but i lean in favor of bugium z since if you do z quiver dance it restores your health giving you added survivalbility on what would be an otherwise frail af mon. 

i mean also with ribombee you can remove added affects from moves, which can make or break a situation if say your opponent is running a power up punch life orb lucario, that lucario wouldn't get the set up it wants to sweep.  

but i see where you are coming at with comfey, it is fast and has decent defense but that flaw it has is if it gets poked it dies with that abysmal health stat, it will not be healing long if it can't get some sort of a defense up. So maybe it will be smart to run ribombee and comfey together? they can support each other with their signature healing moves and ribombee's speed can allow a screen to be set up followed by comfey setting up grassy terrain. Then after that ribombee quiver dances and heals comfey when needed and comfey keeps ribombee topped off till you can dazzling gleam your foe to death.

• 3 months later...