If you had to play Reborn with only 1 type what would it be?

PedroHenrique

Pleb that you are, would never know the nobility of the steel type.

As a matter of fact I did do mono steel before, and I also actually did do mono magnet.

I literally only used magnet family members.

Let me share some hilarious aspects:

Sturdy+BerryJuice+Recycle level1 Magnemites can solve a lot more problems than you think. Like every single-pokemon boss battle ever, such as all Pulses and Solaris's Garchomp and whatnot. PP stall for days.

Charlotte is an issue but again, I scummed my way through with sturdy Magnemites and hundreds of potions, until I exhausted her PP and forced most of her mons to struggle to death. Made the Magnemites hold Rawst berries to avoid KO from incidental burns. Took a few attempts but succeeded eventually.

Terra is a joke once you set up Magnet Rise. She can't touch you, except maybe with Garchomp's flamethrower and stuff, but you can take one and hit back with a HP Ice to decimate her team.

Same logic as Charlotte for Samson, though less need to prepare for burns and more sturdyjuice recycle.

A single Magneton was all that was needed for Serra and Corey respectively. A single Magnemite did the trick for Julia and Florinia.

Radomus and Kiki were a pain, but when in trouble, use SturdyJuice.

I'm scum, but I have proven indisputably that Magnets beat everything (given circumstances) in Reborn! PRAISE MAGNEZONE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Grass simply because I like a challenge and grass is the worst possible mono-type for Reborn. It has many weaknesses and for each of those weaknesses save flying there are two powerful trainers who use that type - Corey, Shelly, Cal, Aya, Bennet, Serra, Blake, Charlotte and Ciel.

Assuming the order I could pick pokémons was different from what we have in Reborn right now, I would pick Ice because it's my favorite type and the majority of my favorite mons are ice types. I'd have to do good work though.

However, if we're just talking about being powerful and forgetting the funzies, they I would go Water. 10/10~

dragon is my favourite with fire a close second its very difficult to do a mono dragon run due to the lack of them available....only 3 if i remember correctly without editing files

Edited by sandy

Sturdy+BerryJuice+Recycle level1 Magnemites can solve a lot more problems than you think. Like every single-pokemon boss battle ever, such as all Pulses and Solaris's Garchomp and whatnot. PP stall for days.

Charlotte is an issue but again, I scummed my way through with sturdy Magnemites and hundreds of potions, until I exhausted her PP and forced most of her mons to struggle to death. Made the Magnemites hold Rawst berries to avoid KO from incidental burns. Took a few attempts but succeeded eventually.

I guess most your battles were painfully long, then. I wouldn't have had the patience, but I am also a little "guilty" of using stalling strategies(more on Rejuvenation than Reborn, though).

Just out of curiosity, what is the most difficult type to do a monotype run with?

I can only assume since I haven't done it myself, but a Rock mono could be troublesome due to the horrible amount of common weaknesses and the lack of good rockies early on.

I heard talk about how Grass is the worst type in Reborn right now because of just how many trainers are there that can exploit their weaknesses. Corey, Aya and Charlotte stand out. So, while Grass is not a bad type, I can see why it would be a difficult type to Mono with. Other types that might be a pain include Bug (Lots of Meteor Grunts with Golems, plus Flying is quite common, not to mention Charlotte) and Rock.

I know someone will say Ice (Frankly I'm surprised no one has yet), to which I say: It's actually nowhere near as bad as it sounds. The only Gym Leader I'd say that really caused me nightmares on said run was Kiki. Charlotte? If you lead with two Water/Ice mons (In my case, Dewgong and Walrein), her Typhlosion will likely use SolarBeam, meaning you can use Blizzard to eliminate her field altogether, and Rain Dance to nerf her fire. As for Samson, he was probably the easiest Gym Leader for me, somehow.

@Anstane Just out of curiosity. What was your team during the game? (And how did it evolve over time)

Well, obviously all my mons were (Or eventually became) Ice-type. Until after Shelly I had four Pokemon: Snorunt (My lone Starter, didn't go for a full early-team), Seel/Dewgong, Vanillite and Sneasel. After that I was able to pick up Cubchoo/Beartic and Smoochum/Jynx. This was the part where I had probably the most issues with, between Victoria, Fern right before Aya and ESPECIALLY Kiki...yeesh, I still have PTSD nightmares when I fight her now. After that, right before Radomus I swapped out Dewgong for Glaceon (Obviously), then Jynx for Amaura/Aurorus before Luna. So my team right before Agate was Mamoswine/Weavile (Evolved not long before Radomus)/Vanilluxe/Beartic/Glaceon/Aurorus.

Post-Agate I got a number of extra options, though only one of them really stuck: Walrein replaced Vanilluxe, though that was only after Samson. I swapped Jynx back in for Samson, replacing Vanilluxe, before Walrein took her place permanently. After that...yeah, I swapped in Dewgong back in in place of Beartic before replacing both with Froslass for Blake (As well as Mamoswine for Rotom-Frost...in fact take Blake's Team, replace Jynx with Glaceon and you have my team for Blake + Terra). After that I went back to Mamoswine/Glaceon/Walrein/Aurorus/Weavile, as well as training up Lapras for the Mansion Gauntlet. So yeah, my final team as of the end of E15 is Mamoswine/Glaceon/Walrein/Aurorus/Weavile/Lapras, and I can assure you all six of them are fully able to handle anything that comes our way.