"Don't Boo, Vote" - Final Weekend (POTUS Election)

Chase

Lots of views on lots of things should be changed. Lots of people are still racist. It would be nice if they wouldn't be. Some religious extremists see fit to murder innocent people. It would be wonderful if the doctrine that supports those actions would be challenged and defeated. That doesn't mean Hillary is going to send the FBI into your house and tell you to think abortion is okay. it means she hopes that attitudes will change over time.

Not supporting abortion is one thing. Supporting efforts to obstruct women's right to choose is another.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like an unbiased website.

This may come as a surprise, but preventing you from forcing your opinion of abortion of others isn't denying you your religious freedom. No one is going to legislate you out of believing what you will. it sounds like Hillary would just like third parties to have less say in a woman's right to an abortion.

Bolded that part for you Chase.

As Chase so eloquently pointed out, no I didn't. But my point is that it's the efforts to obstruct that Hillary wants to legislate against, not your freedom to disagree.

Then please explain to me the bolded part I highlighted in your earlier post. The only "obstruction" I provided was not voting for her because she did not share my stance on the issues I provided on page 1. Do you honestly expect me to vote for a candidate I disagree with or not exercise my right to vote?

That was just me trying to figure out what you could possibly mean by saying Hillary's stance on abortion robs you of your religious freedom. Notice that the life after the bolded one addresses the case where you're just talking about holding the belief that abortion is wrong, but not intervening. In other words, I separated your possible positions into cases and addressed them one by one.

Do I expect you to vote for Hillary or not vote? I wouldn't say I do. I also don't expect the leaders of ISIS to turn themselves in any time soon. But if you actually value members of the minorities Trump would discriminate against, I would think you'd try to stop him.

Let's talk about some exit polling because that's more fun, alright?

Starting with LATE DECIDING or ELECTION DAY voters, here's -roughly recently- how things looked nationally from Fox News' Data Deck.

Clinton - 42%

Trump - 42%

Johnson - 8%

Stein - 4%

The two major party candidates being neck-and-neck with late deciders isn't uncommon, but what's really weird is the 12 percent showing among third partiers - particularly with Johnson when we're talking about playing "spoiler" to a Donald Trump in places like Utah or other western conservative states. Third Party runs usually just lay down and die, but both Johnson and Stein overachieved here. That's good news for the Libertarian Party if it -does- want to use a potentially earned 10 million dollars in funding for the next campaign cycle and official status as a "minor party."

Now we're going to talk about voters indicated that they DISLIKED BOTH CANDIDATES on their ballot - how did those votes fall?

Trump - 45%

Clinton - 27%

Johnson - 18%

Stein - 5%

Now, I -believe- the majority of folks that disliked both major party candidates identify as independent, were going to vote third party anyway, or were very much undecided until today - but even still. I have to wonder if this is Fox News being 'Faux News' and pulling some shenanigans to please them viewers or if Clinton really struggled to pull in undecided voters. Johnson pulling that large a number from this category isn't all that shocking - and it's probably just voters who turned in their ballots today, but it's pretty noteworthy for the L.P. trying to get that big 5 percent and some damn recognition. Biggest number here - if it's not being manipulated somehow, is that it's possible Trump struck a chord with late deciders who really didn't like anyone. Potentially a product of the re-opened probe into Clinton e-mails, but....I don't really understand this data. Independents USUALLY lean leftward - making this a minor coup for Trump.

Now, according to Fox, which could mean absolutely nothing, the majority of exit polled voters claimed that CHANGEBRINGER was the most important quality for the new president to have.

Trump - 82%

Clinton- 13%

I don't think these numbers are fabricated that much - and I also don't think that all change is necessarily good change - but we are following eight years of a Democrat in the oval office, and if change -really- is a big deal, that's probably the most positive sign for the Trump camp out of the exit polls to draw from. Hillary doesn't seem to be trusted to be different at the very least.

---

Statewise though, we all know that early voting is a huge deal - and that's where Clinton likely breaks the glass ceiling.

She seemed to be polling exceptionally well in Nevada, and the Trump campaign actually filed a lawsuit for the election operations holding polling places open too long in the state.

It appears though, that Trump is having to combat a massive uptick in Latino early-voting, and that it's Clinton's battleground state to lose.

Hillary also appears to be reaping the benefits of a MASSIVE Latino vote in Florida - which is very much good news for her considering traditional voting patterns and Trump's rhetoric. Florida is one of the states Trump might have needed to win.

However - where Hispanics have been running up the score on Trump, African Americans are not exactly game for helping Clinton as they've helped Obama, and in a state like North Carolina where white voters are doing better this time around as opposed to when R-Money was running in 2012 - Trump might get a critical battleground in North Carolina after trailing there for essentially forever. If he splits North Carolina and Florida, he doesn't have to work nearly as hard as people might think to get the "W" nationally - only having to flip states like Michigan and Pennsylvania and run the table elsewhere.

However, Michigan and Pennsylvania are slightly blue states, and voter turnout in Detroit, Flint, and Philadelphia might be enough to give Clinton the expected victory tonight in a close race.

Saying Hillary could bar someone from practicing their religion (the first amendment) is just as absurd as saying Trump could alter the fourteenth amendment. They're part of the constitution, a document purposely created to be near, if not by nature, impossible to edit. Same goes for the second amendment, can't touch.

Well this has been fun to watch; I mean no matter what you think of the new president at least you can admit that it was an interesting election right? and while it might have left a bad taste in the mouth at least all of this will be over for now, but it can't be that bad right? I mean US stocks are falling, but at least you'll have better relations with Russia; which is something.... Oh well; why don't we start thinking about what went wrong and just go from there?

I couldn't stand 1 and a half years of trump trying to win the presidency, I won't be able to stand 4 years of this country with donald trump on the news 24/7 because of his tweets. Seriously trump is going to make the media a lot of money as president.....He's a born showman.

America gave the republicans the white house, the senate and the HORP. Goodbye progression for LGBT rights, we will miss you.

Time to start saving to move to europe.

In all honesty, and to contribute to the conversation, is it not true that Hillary Clinton had ordered her maid to print classified material approximately 6 times? Not only does this mean that she was enabling someone who did not have a security clearance to obtain national secrets, but that fits mishandling of classified material to a "T". She is so careless with classified information, to be fair, that I am honestly applauding her at being able to maintain a security clearance at all.

Edited by Absol-lutelty awesome!

In all honesty, and to contribute to the conversation, is it not true that Hillary Clinton had ordered her maid to print classified material approximately 6 times? Not only does this mean that she was enabling someone who did not have a security clearance to obtain national secrets, but that fits mishandling of classified material to a "T". She is so careless with classified information, to be fair, that I am honestly applauding her at being able to maintain a security clearance at all.

Weren't those e-mails revelaed to be fake not too long ago by the dude who opened the case?

Also isn't this at this point kind-of grasping at straws just to say "see guys she's baaddddd"

I mean, Trump already won. If you feel the need to justify your decision still, I feel like that speaks lengths about it to begin with.

The election is over, just close the thread and use the new one Chase has created specifically about the results instead of trying to keep this going pointlessly.

In my opinion, think this was not the ideal move for our country, but it was one I think was somewhat needed. The establishment has been so corrupt that it shows the American people are sick of it. Hillary Clinton was so out of touch, well both are out of touch, with the middle class, but she was the very embodiment of the establishment.

It also shows how stupid the country is too. We would rather have someone that entertains us more than someone who might actually be qualified to do the job. But sadly, this election was trying to beat the lesser of two evils, which should have NEVER been the case.

And with that being said, I would like to throw my name into the ring for the election of 2028.