Using ditto vs "boss encounters"?

Grimstringer

Speaking of bosses, if you use Ditto against the PULSE encounters, does it also copy their boosted stats and altered typing or does it just become the normal non-PULSE'd version of the boss?

I just tested this, but it becomes the pulse, however for Tangrowth at least the sprite is missing so...it just looks awkward with the normal sprite. Tested it also with Swalot which suffers the same fate. So basically you do get to use the pulse forms, however, it's still not very practical due to how the HP thing is.

I just tested this, but it becomes the pulse, however for Tangrowth at least the sprite is missing so...it just looks awkward with the normal sprite. Tested it also with Swalot which suffers the same fate. So basically you do get to use the pulse forms, however, it's still not very practical due to how the HP thing is.

Is the missing-sprite thing a bug-to-be-fixed, then? Considering that people have a ditto to fight the Swalot...

I think I tried using Ditto against Garchomp once, and it just ended up failing miserably. Dragon Rush did not even do much damage against it, and despite me giving it the focus sash, Ditto ended up fainting due to Rough Skin

I personally don't think that using Ditto to clone strong opponents is efficient, for a number of reasons:

1. Dittos HP are pretty low and will remain the same after cloning.

2. Ditto might get knocked out before it can even transform into the enemy, as it needs to use its first round for the use of the attack "Transform" in order to turn itself. If it isn't faster than the enemy, this is problematic, unless it has the hidden ability "Imposter."

3. Ditto gets only 5 PP per Attack of the cloned opponent.

So in my opinion, there is little more use for Ditto than to use it for breeding purposes.

I personally don't think that using Ditto to clone strong opponents is efficient, for a number of reasons:

1. Dittos HP are pretty low and will remain the same after cloning.

2. Ditto might get knocked out before it can even transform into the enemy, as it needs to use its first round for the use of the attack "Transform" in order to turn itself. If it isn't faster than the enemy, this is problematic, unless it has the hidden ability "Imposter."

3. Ditto gets only 5 PP per Attack of the cloned opponent.

So in my opinion, there is little more use for Ditto than to use it for breeding purposes.

You can give ditto the ability imposter. It'll copy the opponent's stats before the turn begins. You can use a couple swaggers on the opponent, then come in with ditto with a choice scarf. That ought to do some proper damage!

Especially if the opponent has a set-up sweeper, ditto in theory can take all those boosts to sweep himself.

Edited by Busti

• Global Mods

Is the missing-sprite thing a bug-to-be-fixed, then? Considering that people have a ditto to fight the Swalot...

I think the reason PULSEs don't have a back sprite is because they were never intended to be obtained by the player (the dev team probably just didn't take into account people transforming into them with Ditto, or didn't think it merited the creation of a back sprite).